Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-26-2001, 10:30 AM   #1
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

DJ,
Are we having to start all over with the number of posts we have? I was just about to move from Jr. member to a full fleged 100 posts member... Now Im back to "New Member". Will this be fixed, or is all that info lost also?
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2001, 10:31 AM   #2
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Ohhh... And Im glad to be back here My days have been rather long without the ability to come and check out the Dallas-Mavs website!
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 10:52 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I can answer that for ya. EVERYTHING was lost. Post totals, membership status, registration dates, all the old threads. Everything. Were starting all over from scratch.

But like you said, Its just good to be back on.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 11:24 AM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Rob pretty much summed it up giostar [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We couldn't get the backups to restore properly - both SQL and Access db's were exported from the previous server but none would work on the new setup for some reason. Our new host doesn't let me connect directly to the SQL server, so the only thing I could do was call them a million times a day and see how things were going. It could have been the backup's fault or it could have been the tech crew (my money's on the backups though). Anyway, after two and a half weeks of frustration, I decided to just do a clean install using the newest version of the msg board. The board was completely empty, but I was at least able to manually input all 105 user accounts from the old db, thereby eliminating the need to start at zero users again - whew!

So here we all are..back at the beginning with 0 posts apiece. To make up for things, I decided to have another contest to a) reward the members who visit and post on a regular basis, b) encourage everyone to get more involved, making this a more happening place [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], and c) get more people to join up.

ps, if any of you are SQL geniuses, maybe you can help me restore the old msgs. I still have the backup files so maybe something can be done to get all the old stuff merged with the new db.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote