Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Mavs/Clippers Trade

Dalmation gets credit for this proposal as he originally posted it in another thread but I thought it was interesting enough to warrant its own.

Clippers Get:
Erick Dampier
Josh Howard

Dallas Gets:
Chris Kaman
Cuttino Mobley

I'd also like to mention a possibility of getting DeAndre Jordan in that deal but probably wouldn't let it be a deal breaker if it couldn't be arranged. He hasn't received hardly any playing timer there and reports are they they're considering pushing him into the D-League.

Mavs get the offensive center they've really needed in Kaman albeit at the expense of Damp who played a VERY good game against the Lakers last night. Still, Kaman is a 26 year old 7 footer who can shoot rebound and defend. Furthermore he is obviously good friends with Dirk and has developed a strong relationship with him on the German national team. We also get another serviceable two in Cuttino who can probably start for this team.

The Clips, who have been rumored to be shopping Kaman get an All-Star talent along with a serviceable big man. This gives them depth and versatility in their starting lineup.

Dallas Lineup:

Kaman / Diop
Dirk / Bass
Green / Stack / Williams
Mobley / Wright
Kidd / Terry

Clippers Lineup

Damp / B.Skinner
Camby / T.Thomas
Thorton / R.Davis
Howard / Gordon
B.Davis

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

i think this trade is good~ i like it
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

If Horse is sold, then I'm sold...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest question, is "would Cuttino be this Mavs version of NVE".

Would he be that F'em attitude guy that they could rally around?

The Mavs seem to have the talent -- just not the head/heart/fire/whatever you want to call it to be an elite team this year.

If Kaman provided the inside offensive presence, and Cuttino provided the F'em attitude -- and mgmt agrees that Green could take JHo spot at at least 80% of what JHo does -- then I am all for this trade.

If the Clipps were just wanting to cut some salary -- I'd also consider Howard/Stack for Mobley/Kaman. Now the Clipps wouldn't be the Clipps if this weren't an actual possibility. They get the All-Star in Howard, and the cost savings in Stack, while ridding themselves of Mobley's contract (which isn't that good) and letting Kaman go.

I have no idea, but I do think that the Mavs should be inquiring. Lets say the Clipps wanted the cash savings:

Kidd, Terry, JJB
Mobley, Wright
Green, George, Williams
Dirk, Bass
Kaman, Damp, Diop

Now they are better at strengthening up the frontline. Let them figure out how to sign McDyess as well, and they would be set, IMO.

Then see if Williams can play backup SF, and if he can, and you don't need George, then let George be traded for a backup PG (there are several out there).

IMO, fixing the frontline is the first project though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The latest reports have Dunleavy denying they're interested in trading Kaman. Supposedly Charlotte inquired about Kaman and were rejected.

I'm assuming they were probably offering Gerald Wallace. I still think this potential offer would be more enticing for them to consider but not I'm not sure how serious they are about trading Kaman.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
If Kaman provided the inside offensive presence, and Cuttino provided the F'em attitude -- and mgmt agrees that Green could take JHo spot at at least 80% of what JHo does -- then I am all for this trade.
Those are some big if's, but I'll takes "if's" over what we're looking at right now...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

Overating GG in this forum has become comon. With him in your starting five, and playing heavy minutes your team is doomed to lose alot. No defense.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianfan View Post
Overating GG in this forum has become comon. With him in your starting five, and playing heavy minutes your team is doomed to lose alot. No defense.
I disagree. To me it looks like he can play pretty good defense and also seems like he has the knack for rebounding as well. I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll step right in and be an all-star but there's no denying that the potential to be very good on both ends of the court is definitely there.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like alot to give up somehow. Howard and Damp. And they like Al Thornton. Don't think they'd want G.Wallace and his contract. At least Damp expires after next season. If they want a salary dump, that is. Being the Clips- I'm sure they do. Kaman would be a great pick-up and i hope this can somehow be worked out. A legit post presence!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote