Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #81
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Now there's a classic...I used to have that song on a 45 single, I keep trying to remember what was on the flip side...forgive me, but I believe the band was Manfred Man's Earth Band or something like that. Dang, now I'm getting some serious flash backs!!! Thanks for the trip!!!
I believe that the B side was Starbird No. 2.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #82
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

cover of an early springsteen song (greetings from asbury park album)
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #83
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
cover of an early springsteen song (greetings from asbury park album)
Only song from Springsteen to ever reach number 1.
(oops, think we are getting off the thread topic)

Last edited by left texas; 04-07-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #84
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

I don't recall reading that springsteen has expressed any "buyers remorse"....manfred mann, can't say.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #85
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
Only song from Springsteen to ever reach number 1.
(oops, think we are getting off the thread topic)
in the usa....
Old 04-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #86
left texas
Golden Member

Talking about singles not albums.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #87
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
I believe that the B side was Starbird No. 2.

You are AWESOME!!! Now I'm really getting flashbacks...I used to play that and on another .45 I had "Rubberband Man" - That was before my teenage years...times were easy as a kid...no stress, just having fun!!!

Thanks for the reminder on "Starbird No. 2" !!!!!!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #88
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

There is nothing quite like Music and Sports to bring Liberals/Conservatives together!!!

Get Mavdog and I together, with a beverage of our choice, 30-60 minutes of mixed music and a great Mavs game...we could be the best of buds!!!

The only ones in remorse then would be the politicians, as we would no longer be buying either side!!!

It's time for me to go out and get me a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and forget all about buyers remorse :-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #89
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Talking about singles not albums.
he's had no 1 singles on charts outside the usa
Old 04-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #90
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
he's had no 1 singles on charts outside the usa
He has had several number 1 albums in the usa and overseas, but he does not have a number one single anywhere. Blinded By The Light (Manfred Mann's version) is the only song that Bruce has written that reached number 1 on the Billboards charts.

Disclaimer: I believe this to be true
Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #91
Mavdog
Diamond Member

streets of philadelphia?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #92
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
streets of philadelphia?
Nope is was number one in France, Germany, Ireland and Norway, but could only hit number nine in the Billboards top 100.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #93
Mavdog
Diamond Member

that's what I've been saying, springsteen had single hit no 1 on the charts (with a bullet!) outside of the usa.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #94
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is finally starting to make sense...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #95
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I know about Bruce Springsteen is that his drummer was Max Weinberg of Late Night With Conan O'Brien fame.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #96
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

What about Silvio of The Bing?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #97
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Eek....Krugman is starting to catch a cold.
http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/77115/
Quote:
IS OBAMA LOSING PAUL KRUGMAN?
$100 million here, $100 million there “pretty soon, even here in Washington, it adds up to real money,” says the president.
Except, you know, really it doesn’t. Let’s say the administration finds $100 million in efficiencies every working day for the rest of the Obama administration’s first term. That’s still around $80 billion, or around 2% of one year’s federal spending.
Yeah, this was a lame effort.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #98
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh Oh...Juan Williams is also creeping on board.

Quote:
JUAN WILLIAMS: Obama’s Outrageous Sin Against Our Kids

As I watch Washington politics I am not easily given to rage.
Washington politics is a game and selfishness, out-sized egos and corruption are predictable.
But over the last week I find myself in a fury.
The cause of my upset is watching the key civil rights issue of this generation — improving big city public school education — get tossed overboard by political gamesmanship. If there is one goal that deserves to be held above day-to-day partisanship and pettiness of ordinary politics it is the effort to end the scandalous poor level of academic achievement and abysmally high drop-out rates for America’s black and Hispanic students.
The reckless dismantling of the D.C. voucher program does not speak well of the promise by Obama to be the “Education President.”
This is critical to our nation’s future in terms of workforce preparation to compete in a global economy but also to fulfill the idea of racial equality by providing a real equal opportunity for all young people who are willing to work hard to succeed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #99
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the media is in a bit of a quandry cover how to cover some obama stories.

Quote:
"President Obama's letter presents us with a classic journalistic quandary," executive editor Bill Keller said. "If we print it, then we're giving him control over the kinds of stories we choose to run. It would be an acknowledgment that we somehow give the nation's commander in chief special treatment."

Added Keller, "And that's just not how the press in this country works."
complete story -- > here.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #100
dude1394
Guru

Possibly Kalifornians are inching towards the correct side of the ledger.

As Jack Nicholson said... "Wait'll they get a load of me!"

Quote:
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his Democratic allies trotted out the usual human shields in this fight — kindergarteners, firefighters and policemen, nurses, etc. They outspent their opponents by seven-to-one. None of it worked. Although the opposing sides here did not always follow partisan lines (e.g., the SEIU opposes the initiatives), a recent Field Poll showed 72% of voters agreeing that rejecting the measures “would send a message to the governor and the state legislature that voters are tired of more government spending and higher taxes.”
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #101
dude1394
Guru

This guys way on board. Seems pretty right-on but I would think so.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...udging-it.html

Quote:
When will Barack Obama stop fudging it?

Barack Obama's reluctance to begin confronting difficult decisions is creating the impression that his administration is simply hoping for the best, says Simon Heffer
Old 05-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #102
dude1394
Guru

VDH is on board.....

Quote:
Monday, May 25, 2009

Hope and Change's Shelf Life [Victor Davis Hanson]

After listening to Obama's speeches of the last few weeks, I think almost everyone now knows the boilerplate.
In essence, the script is the following: First, the president clears his throat by trashing Bush and/or the prior administration.
Then, as many have noted, Mr. 50/50 creates the proverbial straw men on the two extremes (e.g., those who wish to shred the Constitution to fear-monger, those who do not take threats as seriously as he does), as he places himself in-between two false poles.

Next he evokes his past (three themes usually here: He has lived in a different country; he is of a different race than mainstream America; and, in extremis, his father was of a religion other than Christianity), with a grand finale of pulling all that together to imply to us that if we don't share his present views, then a rare avatar of hope and change such as himself would never have been president — he being the true reification of what America always could have been (a refined trope of Michelle's "first time" she was proud of her country.)

Frankly, and with all due respect to our president, it is time to get a life and move on. It is almost midsummer of President Obama's first year and there is no longer any need to constantly reference the past administration, usually in disingenuous fashion.

We know already that we have elected the first post-racial president whose personal profile represents a landmark change from previous presidents.
And we don't need any more generic nouns like hope/change in lieu of honesty about a lot of things: Our annual borrowing may reach $2 trillion; states are going bankrupt; massive infusions of borrowed cash must be paid back and cannot masquerade the prior ineptness of business and labor models in banking and the auto industry that sent firms into bankruptcy. Even higher taxes won't begin to cover the cost of proposed massive new spending programs that are unprecedented. All the prior demonized Bush anti-terrorism protocols have been kept with mere hope and change veneers.

In other words, rather than explaining the bleak choices before us and explaining why his preferences have the best chance of succeeding, Obama has so far reduced his presidency to two themes: "Bush did it" and "I'm not your normal white male President." If he keeps this monotony up, at some point even the comedians are going to notice the predictability.

Sorry, we need more than that to keep us safe from some creepy enemies and get the economy back on track.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-25-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #103
Mavdog
Diamond Member

victor hanson was an obama supporter? that should be the cirteria to have 'remorse'. right?

not that I'm aware of. he's been consistently in the bush/cheney corner. he probably sleeps with a dick cheney picture under his pillow.

this article is pretty standard fare from him.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #104
dude1394
Guru

I'm not sure if the Queen was a Barry supporter or not. This may not be a snub, just another case of incompetence...something you would expect from a one-term senator who had never run anything.

Quote:
Obama Stiffs British Allies Again!

Posted on May 28, 2009
-By Warner Todd Huston
So, let’s see. There was that whole World War Two thingie. There was Germany, Japan and Italy on one side. So, who was on the other? I think it was The United States, Russia, and some other unimportant countries… right?

One might be excused to assume this is the thought process of the Obama

administration as it planned the upcoming D-Day events for the president’s European tour that is in the offing because as currently announced, Team Obama left the Queen out of its D-Day memorial plans. And boy is the she torked, not that anyone can blame her.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-28-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #105
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm not sure if the Queen was a Barry supporter or not. This may not be a snub, just another case of incompetence...something you would expect from a one-term senator who had never run anything.

[qoute]
Obama Stiffs British Allies Again!

Posted on May 28, 2009
-By Warner Todd Huston
So, let’s see. There was that whole World War Two thingie. There was Germany, Japan and Italy on one side. So, who was on the other? I think it was The United States, Russia, and some other unimportant countries… right?

One might be excused to assume this is the thought process of the Obama

administration as it planned the upcoming D-Day events for the president’s European tour that is in the offing because as currently announced, Team Obama left the Queen out of its D-Day memorial plans. And boy is the she torked, not that anyone can blame her.
[/QUOTE]

did you even bother to read the article?
"How the queen came to be excluded has become entangled in a thicket of diplomatic missteps, or misunderstandings, depending on whether the account is given in London or Paris. The French have said officially that they regard the commemorations in the American sector of the landings as “primarily a Franco-American ceremony,” and that it was up to the British to decide who should represent Britain — in other words, that Mr. Brown was at fault for not seeking an invitation for the queen.

The French have also said the Brown government was slow to accept that the ceremonies merited more than a modest British involvement, since British policy had been to give full-scale government backing only to commemorations at decade-long intervals."

hmm...nothing to do with the americans, it's a bruhaha between the british and the french.

just like to lay blame on obama don't you, even when he (or his administration) isn't responsible.

kinda funny to watch tho, this blame slinging that seems to come back to stick on the slinger....
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #106
dude1394
Guru

Read the article...someone competent wouldn't have deferred to la francais at the expense of our most long-term important ally.

And the queen and the british should understand that Barry's stuff don't stink and he can do no wrong.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-28-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #107
Mavdog
Diamond Member

are you serious?

you say it's a question of being "competent", apparently you seem to believe that a "competent" person is one who insults their host by telling them how to do everything.

see, when someone invites you to their place (in this case it's the country of france) they are the ones responsible for putting the party together and deciding who else is invited.

here, it seems you need help, link to miss manners guide on etiquitte

ridiculous to blame anybody outside of france and england for this.

Last edited by Mavdog; 05-28-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #108
dude1394
Guru

Now it's the school children in Wisconsins turn.

Quote:

The Quiet War against School Choice Posted by Neal McCluskey
First, the Democrats in Washington for all intents and purposes killed the District of Columbia’s proven voucher program, but did it with Ninja-like stealth. The weapons: Nearly impossible reauthorization requirements, late Friday announcements, and politically expedient promises to keep kids currently attending good schools from being very publicly booted.

Now it’s Milwaukee’s turn. The new Democratic majority in Madison is on its way to cutting the value of individual vouchers while raising public school per-pupil expenditures, and even worse, is larding new regulations on private schools participating in the choice program. Perhaps the most ridiculous proposed reg: Requiring all participating private schools with student bodies that are more than 10 percent limited English proficient to provide a “bilingual-bicultural education program.” As if one of the major benefits of choice isn’t that parents can choose such programs if they think they are best for their kids, and can select something else if they don’t! But, of course, political decisions aren’t primarily about what parents want and kids need.

Thankfully, there is a resistance forming to the assault in Milwaukee, with choice advocates now refusing to remain quiet after naively doing so when they were told that fighting back would only make things worse. The choice-supporting national media is also speaking up. But one can’t help but fear that it may be too little, too late.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #109
dude1394
Guru

Obama Huts.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Quote:
In defiance of US President Barack Obama's call on Israel to stop settlement activity, defiant settlers built a new outpost on Friday morning between Migron and Kochav Ya'acov.

Settlers dedicate a Torah scroll in the West Bank outpost of Maoz Esther, which has been dismantled and rebuilt several times in recent weeks.

At the outpost, which they named Oz Yehonatan, the settlers built a wooden structure they mockingly called the "Obama Hut," saying it was a sign of appreciation for the US president for his actions that had led to a dramatic rise in the number of outposts.

On Thursday, settlers and right-wing activists once again rebuilt the illegal Maoz Esther outpost that was dismantled on Wednesday by security forces.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #110
Mavdog
Diamond Member

the operative word in the article is "illegal" outpost.

the continued expansion of illegal settlements is a mistake that must be stopped.

this has to be addressed by the new government of israel, but that seems unlikely as the far right has too much influence.

these settlements were a bad idea when they were first done and expanding them today is even worse.

israel is in the wrong, period.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #111
dude1394
Guru

Say it ain't so Barry.. sniff, sniff.

Quote:
Dan Savage is rightly pissed:
Barack Obama's record on gay rights so far: disturbing, unsound, false, discriminatory, damaging, nonsensical. Before today you could argue that the Obama administration was too busy with the economy and the war and health care to focus on making good on his campaign promises to gays and lesbians, that Obama simply didn't have the time to take up our issues. But you can't make that argument anymore. The Obama administration has the time to take up gay rights issues—but only, it seems, to do harm.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #112
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Say it ain't so Barry.. sniff, sniff.
apparently the obama administration is supportive of congress addressing the issue and not an advocate for judicial activism to change the law.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #113
dude1394
Guru

Last edited by dude1394; 06-15-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #114
dude1394
Guru

Heh...

Quote:
Putin Warns US Democrats Against Socialism (Video)

"We must not revert to isolationism and unrestrained economic egotism... Excessive intervention in economic activity and blind faith in the state's omnipotence is another possible mistake. True, the state's increased role in times of crisis is a natural reaction to market setbacks. Instead of streamlining market mechanisms, some are tempted to expand state economic intervention to the greatest possible extent...

In the 20th century, the Soviet Union made the state's role absolute. In the long run, this made the Soviet economy totally uncompetitive. This lesson cost us dearly. I am sure nobody wants to see it repeated."
Russian Prime Minister Vladamir Putin
Opening ceremony of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland
January 28, 2009
Old 06-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #115
dude1394
Guru

Heh...you just can't make this stuff up.

Quote:
Obama's Doctor Knocks ObamaCare

David Whelan, 06.18.09, 05:08 PM EDT Dr. David Scheiner took care of Obama for 22 years. But they don't see eye-to-eye on how to fix the health care system.

David Scheiner, an internist based in the Chicago neighborhood of Hyde Park, has a diverse practice of lower-income adults from the nearby housing projects mixed with famous patients like U.S. Sen. Carol Mosely Braun, the late writer Studs Terkel and, most notably, President Barack Obama.

Scheiner, 71, was Obama's doctor from 1987 until he entered the White House; he vouched for the then-candidate's "excellent health" in a letter last year. He's still an enthusiastic Obama supporter, but he worries about whether the health care legislation currently making its way through Congress will actually do any good, particularly for doctors like himself who practice general medicine. "I'm not sure he really understands what we face in primary care," Scheiner says.

Scheiner takes a few other shots too. Looking at Obama's team of health advisors, Scheiner doesn't see anyone who's actually in the trenches. "I have a suspicion they pick people from the top echelon of medicine, people who write about it but haven't been struggling in it," he says.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #116
dude1394
Guru

Well we can't put Castro or Chavez on this list, that's for sure. Heh...

Quote:
Today, Barack Obama joined Marxist tyrants Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez to rally around ousted Leftist Honduran President Manuel Zelaya.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #117
Mavdog
Diamond Member

rather than use the names of castro and chavez (are we supposed to recoil in horror when their names are tosed out?)), why not list the names of any head of state who disagrees with what obama said about honduras or supports the coup?

go ahead and try....
Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #118
dude1394
Guru

All heads of states want to rewrite the constitution so that they can be re-elected. What do you expect? There is already a movement to do the same for barry.

Heh...

Last edited by dude1394; 06-30-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #119
Mavdog
Diamond Member

so you can't find any country that is supportive of the coup in honduras?

bottom line, the coup is viewed by all the world as illegal and contrary to the democratic principles we americans support?

so the bs about obama agreeing with castro and chavez is absurd as the whole world agrees on this issue?

thanks for playing....
Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #120
dude1394
Guru

I haven't looked to be honest. What I do know is that the president of honduras illegally (according to their supreme court, constitution and congress) tried to change said constitution to allow himself to be re-elected, I'm not sure if it was for life or not. And the supreme court ordered the military (who are the protectors of said constitution) to stop the dude and the congress selected a new president (again via their constitution).

Funny...I sorta thought obeying the constitution WAS being legal, but obviously barry (and yourself) do not think so.

Thanks for playing yourself, chavez, ortega, barry thank you very,very much.

Tags
best policy: ignore, circlejerk of 1, dude masturbation, dude set on autopilot, dude talking to himself, dude the buttplumber, fluffy banter warning, ironical, mavie questions mavie