Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: You can pick multiple options, of these 8 for plan B Who/whom would you prefer?
Amare Staudamare 27 22.88%
Chris Bosh 32 27.12%
Joe Johnson 51 43.22%
Monta Ellis 11 9.32%
Carlos Boozer 8 6.78%
Al Jefferson 17 14.41%
Andre Iguodola 30 25.42%
Chris Kaman 32 27.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #81
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
I could see us getting Johnson without Damp...something like Butler & Terry for Johnson & Pachulia. Zaza then becomes our backup C, playing 10 a game behind Haywood, with Dirk sometimes playing the 5 while Marion mans the 4 against smaller lineups.

Atlanta does this because (a) Johnson is leaving anyway, and Butler is a nice consolation prize, and (b) dumping Pachulia saves them a lot of money. We can throw in cash and picks to sweeten the pot.
this could be interesting
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #82
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
....3 first rounders and cash, should seal it. Toronto's working on the wrong side of leverage. Bosh can walk to NY.....then again Houston comes back with Hill....and cash...
sigh i wouldn't mind giving away a first rounder, but getting rid of a bunch of first rounders for the future plus Calderon is a bad defender
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #83
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I chose Iggy and AJefferson because Im selfish and want both of them. If not two players like that taking care of two positional needs (better than Butler/Haywood can) then Joe Johnson is my #1 target.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #84
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

uh...is Jefferson available? If so, that guy is a low post beast.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #85
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

IMO, we need two trades, a capable SG (JJohnson, Iggy, Salmons) and a low post presence (Jefferson, Kaman, Bosh, Boozer). Anyone could think of ways is a genius.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Is Al Jefferson available? If so....yes please.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #87
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Plan Q if the rest doesn't work.
Trade Damp to Philly for Brand and the #2.
Take Turner with the #2. (Wall is the backup option)

Resign Damp after he is cut. Resign Haywood.

Brand injuries become much less a problem when he is a 6th man, but you now have an inside post up player.

Haywood, Damp
Dirk, Brand
Marion, Turner
Butler, Turner, Stevenson
Kidd, Roddy, JET

Najera and JJB on the bench or cheering from the front row.

Very athletic and deep and without any "major" player having to come here.
Turner very well could be starting SG very quickly with Butler coming in as the first swing off the bench. JET becomes a situational jump shooting guard (zone buster - spot up guy for the Brand inside out game).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post

Brand injuries become much less a problem when he is a 6th man, but you now have an inside post up player.

Haywood, Damp
Dirk, Brand
Marion, Turner
Kidd, Roddy, JET

Turner very well could be starting SG very quickly with Butler coming in as the first swing off the bench. JET becomes a situational jump shooting guard (zone buster - spot up guy for the Brand inside out game).
I'm hoping for better than this...the team needs a clear second stud...and MUST address that this off season.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #89
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Minnessotta will not trade there number 2 pick, and yes Jefferson is available because him and love don't work will on the court. They need a wing and a bit of cap relief, Butler for Jefferson I think could work straight up as his deal is expiring also his deal is a couple of million less and they are looking for a wing, and possibly give up a first round pick but in a few years not next year or year after that
Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post

Haywood, Damp
Dirk, Brand
Marion, Turner
Kidd, Roddy, JET

I wouldn't even speak the words "Elton Brand" without automatically including Iguodala's name in the same sentence...

(and even then, "Samuel Dalembert" rolls off the tongue a lot prettier...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Minnessotta will not trade there number 2 pick, and yes Jefferson is available because him and love don't work will on the court. They need a wing and a bit of cap relief, Butler for Jefferson I think could work straight up as his deal is expiring also his deal is a couple of million less and they are looking for a wing, and possibly give up a first round pick but in a few years not next year or year after that
that would make me so Happy. A legit post scoring stud would be so sweet.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #92
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Beginning to think Jefferson might be that number 2 we need, with his low post threat, 5 feet and in is automatic to him, then you can stagger both Dirk and Jefferson's minutes, to at least give us an offensive threat on the floor at all times.....but of course RC will probably screw that up somehow.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #93
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
that would make me so Happy. A legit post scoring stud would be so sweet.
the more i think about this the more intriguing it seems. i'm really into "buy low" players and Al Jefferson was basically untouchable not too long ago. not sure how he and Dirk work defensively so you'd have to have someone like Haywood to rotate in. I wonder if Carlisle could keep everybody happy with playing time etc... doesn't seem to be his strength, to say the least. but when Dirk went out and Jefferson slid to PF we would have a legit go to scorer. we trade Damp for a 2 and keep Roddy. not a bad Plan B. it would take a little more than just Caron to get Jefferson probably as well.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #94
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
not a bad Plan B. it would take a little more than just Caron to get Jefferson probably as well.
I agree about needing more than Caron, but its an intriguing thought at least...

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #95
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree about needing more than Caron, but its an intriguing thought at least...
You could get Al Jefferson with the DUST Chip straight-up.

(if the T-Wolves were looking SOLELY for financial relief...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-24-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

If Wade and James are no gos (which is likely) and Jefferson is available...I'd go after him hard.

If we can't get a super star that could make Dirk the #2 option, we need at least to get Dirk a legit low post scoring second option.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #97
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I might be in the minority on this, but Jefferson's not all that high on my list. A few reasons:

1) he doesn't provide any kind of a defensive presence at center
2) his scoring efficiency is pretty pedestrian for a guy who shoots as much as he does
3) his numbers have been trending downward the last few years rather than evidencing growth.

Certainly you could argue that his exile to Minnesota has something to do with the 2nd and 3rd points above, and if that's the case and Minnesota is making him available for pennies (dimes?) on the dollar, then he would definitely be a smart buy. Still, I'd want to explore all my options for acquiring JJ and/or Iggy (in addition to the top names) before I looked his way, for example.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #98
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Certainly you could argue that his exile to Minnesota has something to do with the 2nd and 3rd points above, and if that's the case and Minnesota is making him available for pennies (dimes?) on the dollar, then he would definitely be a smart buy. Still, I'd want to explore all my options for acquiring JJ and/or Iggy (in addition to the top names) before I looked his way, for example.
I agree that he hasn't had the opportunity or supporting cast to really shine...I imagine that if you have any soul or pride I'm pretty sure that Minny would suck it right out of ya.

Without any further thought or study, I would go for Jefferson over JJ.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #99
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Weren't the Timberwolves worse when Jefferson was on the floor? That's hard to do.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Weren't the Timberwolves worse when Jefferson was on the floor? That's hard to do.
Does that mean you think he isn't clearly the best player on that team?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #101
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't have any interest in getting guys who play the same position as Dirk. For me, there's JJ, then there's Iggy, then there's everyone else.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #102
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I just don't have any interest in getting guys who play the same position as Dirk. For me, there's JJ, then there's Iggy, then there's everyone else.
Jefferson is a Post Player. He and Dirk would rarely occupy the same spots on the floor.

The only question is, "Can Jefferson play post defense?"

Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #103
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What? He's a center. Well, but he damn sure would be one here. Joe Johnson or Iggy added to this team without keeping Butler isn't making us real contenders. Idk why Minnesota would let a stud like Jefferson go, but he > anyone else not Wade or Lebron. Especially > Bosh who I am quickly becoming hateful towards. In fact he shouldn't even be on this list because he's a doucher... and doesn't wanna play here.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #104
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
ban me for expressing my opinion???? lmao..jus bc dirk will never get us anywhere and i want him traded?? lol truth hurts!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #105
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Joe Johnson or Iggy added to this team without keeping Butler isn't making us real contenders.
While I think both JJ and Iggy are better players than Butler, and would be better fits on the team as well, I can agree with the sentiment that if Caron is the price of either of those two you've still got more work to do. Just to clarify, though, are you also suggesting that a Caron for Jefferson swap would vault the Mavs into (co-)favorite status?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #106
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Which I highly doubt they are, they are trying to rebuild and get a team that will compete in 2 years
Old 05-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #107
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Thats cause him and Love don't complement each other, Hollins and Love are totally different players and lets your spacing be so much better
Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #108
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Does that mean you think he isn't clearly the best player on that team?
Love is better but he is strictly a 4
Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #109
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
What? He's a center. Well, but he damn sure would be one here. Joe Johnson or Iggy added to this team without keeping Butler isn't making us real contenders. Idk why Minnesota would let a stud like Jefferson go, but he > anyone else not Wade or Lebron. Especially > Bosh who I am quickly becoming hateful towards. In fact he shouldn't even be on this list because he's a doucher... and doesn't wanna play here.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #110
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
While I think both JJ and Iggy are better players than Butler, and would be better fits on the team as well, I can agree with the sentiment that if Caron is the price of either of those two you've still got more work to do.
No question about it. Iguodala or Johnson aren't all that much better than Butler. What concerns me about Joe Johnson is that he clearly tends to be worse in the playoffs than during the regular season. He only shot 38.7%, 41.7% and 40.9% from the field in the last three postseasons. I know that field goal percentage isn't everything, but that almost sounds like a Terry-esque pattern and this very pattern is one of the main reasons why we experienced yet another first-round exit. With the exception of Dirk, how many times have we seen players like Jet or Josh or Damp and now Marion or Kidd underachieve during the playoffs? One could argue that Johnson would benefit from playing next to Dirk, however, his numbers hardly indicate that he is a true superstar. Shooting 38.7% isn't even worthy of a second banana.

Sacrificing Butler for LeBron or Wade would be a no-brainer. If we had to do the same in order to get Iggy or Johnson, then we'd better have another impact player on his way to Big D.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #111
CrazyBoy

CrazyBoy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
wtf? hes a power forward and will always be one.
dont just repeat everything espn said.
he is _no_ legit center... he cant defend lowpost. and thats what centers do.

lets compare him to dirk at this age... dirk made 10 rebounds - jefferson 9, dirk made 1,4 blocks - jefferson 1.3
is dirk/jefferson a center? hell no
can dirk/jefferson defend low post? hell no

i give you the credit that he would be our center, like brand would sub in there. but we still need a legit center like haywood to do the most parts. jefferson has some nice athleticism and is very versatile. but that doesnt make him a perfect center

PS: someone mentioned it already - the wolves actually played better when jefferson was on the bench

Last edited by CrazyBoy; 05-25-2010 at 08:53 AM.
CrazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #112
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
While I think both JJ and Iggy are better players than Butler, and would be better fits on the team as well, I can agree with the sentiment that if Caron is the price of either of those two you've still got more work to do. Just to clarify, though, are you also suggesting that a Caron for Jefferson swap would vault the Mavs into (co-)favorite status?
No Jefferson would not make us any sort of favorite imo. I also like Kaman. But We're gonna need major help. Lebron or Wade kind of help. Someone to make Dirk the #2 option or 1)b. Someone that can get him open looks but also take over the game.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #113
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoy View Post
wtf? hes a power forward and will always be one.
dont just repeat everything espn said.
he is _no_ legit center... he cant defend lowpost. and thats what centers do.

lets compare him to dirk at this age... dirk made 10 rebounds - jefferson 9, dirk made 1,4 blocks - jefferson 1.3
is dirk/jefferson a center? hell no
can dirk/jefferson defend low post? hell no

i give you the credit that he would be our center, like brand would sub in there. but we still need a legit center like haywood to do the most parts. jefferson has some nice athleticism and is very versatile. but that doesnt make him a perfect center

PS: someone mentioned it already - the wolves actually played better when jefferson was on the bench

Why are you comparing him to Dirk? That was mistake number 1, that comparison is stupid. Compare him to Damp or Haywood, or both put together. He has low post skills that we have never had. Even in a down year last year he is a huge upgrade at anything we have had on the blocks.

Repeat everything ESPN said? Idk wtf you are talking about.

You give me the credit that he would be center here, like Brand would sub in. What does that mean? Brand also plays Center? So what? You're not gonna ever have a lock down center defensively. Even D Howard hasn't locked down the paint in this series vs Boston. I would rather make the other center work trying to stop Jefferson than have Damp on the floor who can't score or create anything offensively and doesn't exactly shut things down defensively.

P.S. The Wolves actually played better with their best player (by far) off the floor. Ok. Yeah, well if I recall correctly the only time the Mavs beat the CAVS was when Dirk wasn't playing. See how ridiculous that sounds.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #114
mavs777
Diamond Member

Jefferson is a fine 5 if backed up by a 5 with size and strength like haywood, jefferson would be a very good piece to the puzzle but even with him we are still 1 piece away from being a legit title contender (a legit 2 guard) but it doesn't have to be a star at the 2 I'd settle for just a knock down 3 point shooter that can really defend like a raja bell type
Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #115
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

As much as I would love to have Jefferson, why do the T-Wolves trade him? He is young and is their best player.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #116
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are you comparing him to Dirk? That was mistake number 1, that comparison is stupid. Compare him to Damp or Haywood, or both put together. He has low post skills that we have never had. Even in a down year last year he is a huge upgrade at anything we have had on the blocks.

Repeat everything ESPN said? Idk wtf you are talking about.

You give me the credit that he would be center here, like Brand would sub in. What does that mean? Brand also plays Center? So what? You're not gonna ever have a lock down center defensively. Even D Howard hasn't locked down the paint in this series vs Boston. I would rather make the other center work trying to stop Jefferson than have Damp on the floor who can't score or create anything offensively and doesn't exactly shut things down defensively.

P.S. The Wolves actually played better with their best player (by far) off the floor. Ok. Yeah, well if I recall correctly the only time the Mavs beat the CAVS was when Dirk wasn't playing. See how ridiculous that sounds.
He has low-post skills, but the guy is NOT a "career center" as you described him earlier. You can argue whether or not he would be a good option at center here, but that is not his natural position. Call me old-fashioned, but I just can't stand undersized centers, or rather, forwards playing out of position. And that's the reason I'm just not interested in Jefferson, Bosh, Amare, Boozer or anyone else who's not a high-scoring 2/3. They will get you killed defensively.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-25-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #117
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
No Jefferson would not make us any sort of favorite imo. I also like Kaman. But We're gonna need major help. Lebron or Wade kind of help. Someone to make Dirk the #2 option or 1)b. Someone that can get him open looks but also take over the game.
True, someone has to get the ball to Jefferson.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #118
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
He has low-post skills, but the guy is NOT a "career center" as you described him earlier. You can argue whether or not he would be a good option at center here, but that is not his natural position. Call me old-fashioned, but I just can't stand undersized centers, or rather, forwards playing out of position. And that's the reason I'm just not interested in Jefferson, Bosh, Amare, Boozer or anyone else who's not a high-scoring 2/3. They will get you killed defensively.
I second this. This is the reason I why didn't think getting a Bosh, Amare, or Boozer was a good idea. LeBron or Wade would be ideal (although I don't see it happening). But I would be happy with Iguodala, Ellis, or JJ.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #119
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I never said he was a "career center" but obviously his best success has come while playing Center. The wolves are struggling to find an identity and I don't think it's fair and accurate to say well AL played some at the PF so he's not a center. There is absolutely ZERO question that he would play his minutes as a center here. He would probably get a few minutes at PF too along the way but it's because he can score the ball and create his own shots unlike any of the other big men we have, not because he is too undersized.

I think if any center came here, Jefferson or Kaman are the type that would fit well along with Dirk. Someone that can create and draw attention or a double in the post because Dirk doesn't thrive there. He doesn't inhabit the same area on th floor as Dirk, so I would think that he would fit well here. We have tried Bradley, Damp, Raef, so called defensive stoppers etc and some other stuff but so far no one has gotten it done down low offensively.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #120
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
As much as I would love to have Jefferson, why do the T-Wolves trade him? He is young and is their best player.
Love is the better all around player than Jefferson, and Jefferson and Love like to work at the same spots and don't work together

Tags
a point has been proofed, crzyboy proofed his pants, guilty til proofed idiot, i proofed your mom hard, oh proofed=proved, the proofed is on fire, u are crazy boy!, wtf is proofed?