Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #41
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Shaqile O'neal-4 NBA CHampions
Dwight Howard-0 NBA Champion

In my opinion KG and Dirk are even.KG is good defender and he play well in offensive.
Dirk only play well in offensive his defense is hopeless.But I will Dirk.I love Dallas Mavericks
I don't live in Boston!!!Rondo is better

Last edited by 41mvp; 06-24-2010 at 12:40 PM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #42
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Shaqile O'neal-4 NBA CHampions
Dwight Howard-0 NBA Champion

In my opinion KG and Dirk are even.KG is good defender and he play well in offensive.
Dirk only play well in offensive his defense is hopeless.But I will Dirk.I love Dallas Mavericks
I don't live in Boston!!!Rondo is better

I stopped reading right there...
Old 06-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #43
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Sorry!!!Dirk Nowitzki is the best PF in NBA!!!Sorry for all!!!

Last edited by 41mvp; 06-24-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #44
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

point accepted

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #45
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
he had the meniscus removed rather than repaired which enabled him to come back for a non-existent playoff push. strange choice. i too would be worried about giving up Damp/Roddy/Butler and the 1st rd. pick we're about to buy for a guy who may may have lingering knee issues. it's alot to give up
even though you have trouble varifing those facts, I have a bad feeling about this trade. Paul game relies a lot on his quickness and speed so any problems with his knee's would really effect his value. Paul is also expendable because of the Rookie Collison. We have a rookie of our own. Why don't we give him the same opportunity that Collison got before we pull the trigger on a trade involving Roddy. I agree the trade for Paul would be too expensive for a point which we might not even need. None of those trades that were supposed to get us over the top have worked out in the past but only created more problems which compounded the amount of needs for the future.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #46
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

We can always trade CP3 if it doesn't work out (highly unlikely)... and if you compare what we gave up for trading CP3 and what we may get in return, I'm sure we come out on top anyway.

Also, I think if we do get Okafor, we have to sign and trade Haywood. Shaq wants to come to Dallas ... and we can get him on the cheap, where as Haywood would probably ask for more than what he is worth, which means we can use him two fill our need at the two guard. Haywood + expirings for Joe Johnson? Atlanta gets JJ out of conference, gets a center so that Horford can be at PF and smith at PF, and they start Jamal Crawford.

Last edited by Zki41; 06-24-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #47
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

fadge.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #48
41mvp
Golden Member

powiedz mi jak jest po angielsku PASOWAĆ???
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #49
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Holy Crap when'd the new kid show up, im like tottally missing out on all the fun.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 AM   #50
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Holy Crap when'd the new kid show up, im like tottally missing out on all the fun.
he was our 1st rd. draft choice last June. he's from Guadeloupe, France and... oh, you meant 41MVP
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #51
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Chris Paul wants out now.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67683/

Quote:
Chris Paul may want a trade out of New Orleans, according to a source.

William Wesley began trying to create movement in terms of a trade involving Wesley last week.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0sSOLixHM
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #52
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post

Wow, Wesley is trying to trade himself
Old 07-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #53
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Chris Paul Nearly Traded to Portland

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...l-pursuing-cp3

Quote:
By: Chad Ford

Last week, Chris Paul trade talk hit a frenzy before the Hornets went public and stated they had no intention of trading their star point guard.

This week, a league source told me that the Blazers actually made some progress toward landing Paul.

According to the source, the Blazers got close to a deal with the Hornets last week that would’ve sent Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orelans for Paul and Emeka Okafor before Hornets GM Jeff Bower pulled out of the deal claiming that their owner wasn’t ready to trade Paul.

The Hornets no longer need to trade Paul for financial reasons. The trade they made on draft night with the Oklahoma City Thunder got them out of the luxury tax, so that’s no longer the issue.

The issue is whether Paul is now unhappy enough to force a trade. The Blazers believe he is and will continue to pursue a Paul deal. They won't be alone.

The Magic also have been pursuing Paul and Okafor, offering expiring contracts and Jameer Nelson. And there are two other teams that could offer the Hornets even more.

Both the Knicks and Nets are planning to step up pressure on the Hornets if they don't land LeBron. Both teams have tons of cap space and can offer massive cap relief to the Hornets (to the tune of $100 million) if they take Paul and Okafor off their hands. The Knicks could also offer Danilo Gallinari. The Nets could offer Derrick Favors and Devin Harris.

Holy cow. We need to get back on the phone with New Orleans ASAP ... especially with Paul now saying he wants out.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

DUST/Butler/DoJo for Paul/Okafor?

>sigh<

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...l-pursuing-cp3

Holy cow. We need to get back on the phone with New Orleans ASAP ... especially with Paul now saying he wants out.
Damp, Roddy, Dojo and two first round picks for Paul and Okafor. Done. I don't even know if it works and I don't care at this point.

Gosh that would be fantastic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Damp, Roddy, Dojo and two first round picks for Paul and Okafor. Done. I don't even know if it works and I don't care at this point.

I'd do that in a heartbeat...

As far as I'm concerned, Paul is the biggest available talent behind LeBron and Wade (better than Joe Johnson, anyway...)

Old 07-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #57
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd do that in a heartbeat...

As far as I'm concerned, Paul is the biggest available talent behind LeBron and Wade (better than Joe Johnson, anyway...)
Yep it's a no brainer. (Crosses fingers)

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #58
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Add some salary-filler like Stevenson/Carroll/Najera to satisfy the CBA, then get on the phone with Ray Allen and try to convince him to take the MLE.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #59
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Add some salary-filler like Stevenson/Carroll/Najera to satisfy the CBA, then get on the phone with Ray Allen and try to convince him to take the MLE.
Hell you could play Kidd at SG for all I care. Certainly he would for stretches.

And you still have Butler to keep or trade.

My head is swimming right now. Why can't this happen?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #60
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My head is swimming right now. Why can't this happen?
Because we're going to get LeBron. Only possible explanation.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The silver lining for the Mavs so far, assuming we don't land one of the huge names, is that no one in the West seems to be getting any goodies either. Were Portland to nab Paul, that would just absolutely suck for us. They are probably getting ready to be a beast anyway. Nabbing Paul would instantly put them at the very top of the West.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #62
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Because we're going to get LeBron. Only possible explanation.
This is obviously your greatest post ever.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #63
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Paul, Okafor, Posey for Roddy, Damp, Carroll, Stevenson, and Najera works + picks.

It saves New Orleans a TON of cash, 100 mil total over the next 5 seasons.

10 player rotation:
CP3/Kidd
Butler/JET/Dojo
Marion/Butler/Posey
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Okafor

Last edited by mavs413; 07-01-2010 at 06:13 PM.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413 View Post
Paul, Okafor, Posey for Roddy, Damp, Carroll, Stevenson, and Najera works + picks.

10 player rotation:
CP3/Kidd
Butler/JET/Dojo
Marion/Butler/Posey
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Okafor

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #65
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

From Chris Paul's perspective, the problem with coming to the Mavs is that he would no longer be able to play against the Mavs. That'll hurt his stats significantly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #66
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
From Chris Paul's perspective, the problem with coming to the Mavs is that he would no longer be able to play against the Mavs. That'll hurt his stats significantly.
Double whammy, he'll have to go up against Collison 4 times a year. Nice that we are hammering away at them to get Paul.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #67
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Although Haywood is superior in my option, getting Okafor would turn Haywood into a sign and trade trip worth the inevitable $10 million someone will throw at him.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #68
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413 View Post

10 player rotation:
CP3/Kidd
Butler/JET/Dojo
Marion/Butler/Posey
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Okafor
You might even be able to create 2 trades out of that I stick them with 6 million bucks, I'm sure Shinn would love that as a going a way gift.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #69
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my HSO.

Roddy will be better than Chris Paul, and less injury prone.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Here's my HSO.

Roddy will be better than Chris Paul, and less injury prone.
If he ever gets to that level (which is highly unlikely) it won't be while Dirk is still in his prime.

Now, the flip side is that if he ever gets to that level, he might be able to win even with an in-decline Dirk.

But given the opportunity, I would absolutely ship Roddy out for Chris Paul. Expecting Roddy to be Chris Paul is a tad crazy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #71
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he ever gets to that level (which is highly unlikely) it won't be while Dirk is still in his prime.

Now, the flip side is that if he ever gets to that level, he might be able to win even with an in-decline Dirk.

But given the opportunity, I would absolutely ship Roddy out for Chris Paul. Expecting Roddy to be Chris Paul is a tad crazy.
Yeah, I know. If someone else had said this, I would likely have replied saying the exact same things you just said, just slightly less articulately. I just posted the HSO to draw someone offsides (isn't that their purpose?).
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #72
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Why? I don't think it's that unlikely. I never thought CP would be as good as he is now, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Roddy got to that level or at least damn close.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #73
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Why? I don't think it's that unlikely. I never thought CP would be as good as he is now, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Roddy got to that level or at least damn close.
Chris Paul's career, to this point, is HOF level. He hasn't played long enough to actually be considered a HOFer, but if he continued his past level of play for an extended career he would go down as a top ten PG of all time.

Expecting Roddy to match that production is a bit nuts.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #74
Underdog

Has Chris Paul even peaked yet?

I guarantee his game would kick up a notch or two playing next to someone like Dirk...

Old 07-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #75
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If Roddy ever becomes even 2/3 as good as CP3, I will be overjoyed.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-03-2010 at 03:15 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #76
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Paul has attitude with a winner's mentality. He is the type of guy who would be perfect under Carlisle. Seems like another too good to be true rumor though. You might as well not have a franchise if you shed players like Paul.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #77
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:

New Hornets brass already facing crisis with Paul
July 21, 2010
By Ken Berger
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

Welcome to the hottest seat in the NBA, Dell Demps. All you have to do is persuade Chris Paul to stay in New Orleans -- an uphill battle that begins now.

When Paul was quoted a few weeks ago as saying he'd be open to a trade if the Hornets aren't committed to building a championship team, it was only a small hint as to the size of the chasm that exists between the franchise and its cornerstone player. Paul, in fact, has put into motion an aggressive exit strategy that will accelerate in the coming weeks, and his clear intention is to be traded before the start of the 2010-11 season, a person with direct knowledge of his plans told CBSSports.com Wednesday.

"He wants out," said the person, who has been briefed on Paul's strategy but spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it publicly. "He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players."

Paul's list of preferred destinations consists of the Knicks, Magic and Lakers, and members of his inner circle already have sent word to the Hornets of his desire to be traded to one of those teams, sources say. If Paul has his way, he's played his last game in a Hornets jersey.

"He feels like they haven't put the right pieces together," said the person familiar with the star point guard's plans.

Paul, a three-time All-Star, still has two years before he can become a free agent. But his dissatisfaction with the Hornets' downward spiral, coupled with the coup pulled off by James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami has only accelerated his desire to seek a trade. Sources within the NBA say members of Paul's camp have told them recently, "He's not going to start the season in New Orleans."

In the past year, Paul has publicly expressed mild and measured frustration with the direction of the Hornets, who have spiraled out of contention since they capped a 56-win season in 2007-08 with a loss to the Spurs in the Western Conference semifinals. That was followed by a 49-win season that ended with an embarrassing first-round loss to the Nuggets, including a disgraceful 58-point home loss in Game 4. Bryon Scott was fired nine games into the 2009-10 season, and that only seemed to exacerbate Paul's concerns about his future in New Orleans.

Early last season, days before Scott was fired, Paul admitted he was "envious, very envious" of his friends and peers -- James, Wade and Carmelo Anthony -- who had enjoyed far more team success in the early stages of their careers.

"Those guys have been where I want to get to," Paul said. "This is my fifth year in the league and I'm not trying to wait until I'm an old veteran in this league trying to win a championship. We're trying to win now. Whatever we have to do to win, we've got to do now."

The Hornets missed the playoffs for the first time in three years under interim coach Jeff Bower, who was reinstated to his GM post with the hiring of coach Monty Williams and then fired last week. Enter Demps, a respected personnel man who played an important support role in the Spurs' decade of success. Will the duo of Williams and Demps, both having ascended to top NBA jobs for the first time, be enough to get Paul to backtrack from his desire to be traded?

Williams and Hornets president Hugh Weber both told CBSSports.com in the past week that they plan to sit down face-to-face with Paul to sell him on the team's new direction. Paul won't go public with his trade request -- if he did, he'd be subject to a fine under NBA rules -- but those with knowledge of his plans believe his desire to pair up with another superstar (or two) has gained too much momentum to stop.

In late June, Paul, 25, spent several days in Akron, Ohio, with James, who was busy orchestrating his own exit strategy from Cleveland. The two friends and superstars picked each other's brains, with each persuading the other to make significant changes in their branding strategies. For Paul, it was a big step to persuade James to join the social networking phenomenon that is Twitter. For James' part, he finally persuaded Paul to join his Cleveland-based marketing company, LRMR.

Paul's decision to sign with LRMR, headed by James' close friend and advisor, Maverick Carter, was only the first step in his exit plan from New Orleans. Paul officially severed his representation agreement with Octagon earlier this month and will soon officially join the influential stable of clients represented by Creative Artists Agency.

With a stranglehold on the top free-agent talent, CAA dictated the terms, pace and outcome of the monumental free-agent class of 2010. CAA clients James and Bosh agreed to join forces with fellow CAA client Wade in Miami, forming a rare triumvirate through the leverage and friendship of players as opposed to the whim of management.

Paul will be represented by CAA agent Leon Rose, who also represents James and potential 2011 free agents Anthony and Tony Parker. Miami's Big Three haven't even run a layup drill, and yet CAA already has the foundation in place to run the table in the free-agent summer of 2011, as well. But with a lockout looming and superstars Paul, Anthony, and to a lesser degree Parker uneasy about their current situations, those plans already are in motion.

Paul's former representatives at Octagon, Jeff Austin and Lance Young, did not respond to phone calls seeking comment, nor did Rose. William Wesley, CAA's behind-the-scenes operative known as "World Wide Wes," who is now a coaching agent with CAA, declined to comment. Paul's strategy has yet to reach the team level in terms of proposals exchanged, sources say. For one thing, Paul has been mired in the 15-day waiting period to officially hire a new agent after severing ties with Octagon. Also, it has been his desire to be forthright with ownership and management in discussing the matter. Williams, a first-year head coach, was hired last month and plans to meet with Paul extensively in the coming weeks to explain his vision. Demps hasn't even completed his first day on the job yet.

Paul's inclusion of the Magic on his list dovetails with CBSSports.com's report June 30 that star center Dwight Howard has asked Orlando management to pursue a trade for Paul -- although Magic GM Otis Smith said by phone Wednesday that he is unaware of such a plan. The team that has most aggressively positioned itself to reap the benefits of CAA's latest power nexus is the Knicks, who struck out in their pursuit of this summer's Big Three but perhaps didn't whiff permanently.

Team president Donnie Walsh's first step was signing power forward Amar'e Stoudemire to a five-year, $99.9 million deal. The move wasn't successful in swaying James or Wade, but it represents the first piece of a strategy designed to land Paul, Parker or Anthony -- or perhaps, even two of them. According to sources familiar with the Knicks' strategy, part of the reason for orchestrating the sign-and-trade for David Lee -- which yielded young talents Anthony Randolph and Kelenna Azubuike from Golden State -- was to stock the roster with attractive assets that could be used to acquire such marquee players if the opportunities presented themselves.

Since they are not free agents at the same time, sources say Paul, Anthony and Parker won't have the same power that Miami's Big Three wielded this summer. Given that he has two years left on his contract before he can exercise a player option, Paul's desire for a trade will be a test of his leverage. It will also be a test of the Hornets' new duo of decision-makers, Williams and Demps, who will have to determine when Paul's value will be maximized -- if they agree to trade him at all.

Parker already has publicly stated his intention to pass on an extension and become a free agent next summer, while Anthony thus far balked at signing the Nuggets' three-year, $65 million extension offer. With a lockout looming after the season, friends of Anthony believe he is seriously torn between cashing in on what's left of max money as we know it and following his buddy, James, in trying to orchestrate a surefire championship celebration. Earlier this month, empowered by his time spent in Ohio with James, Paul was reported to have toasted the idea of forming "our own Big Three" with Stoudemire and Anthony during Anthony's wedding in New York. That comment, never publicly corroborated by Paul, is directly in line with what sources say has become his overriding strategy for the next step in his career. Call it the Miami Model, the South Beach Effect, or whatever you want. It's the new normal for young NBA superstars looking for a new home and a better chance to win.

"Players want to follow in those footsteps," an NBA front office source said. "They all want to do that. Everyone got excited about it, and it opened up the players' imaginations as to what they could do."
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...isis-with-paul

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-21-2010 at 08:12 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #78
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Knicks.

If he gets traded to the Lakers though, we riot. I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #79
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Knicks.

If he gets traded to the Lakers though, we riot. I'd be pretty pissed.
That would be the definitive stamp that in the NBA: The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

On a side note, any team that trades their superstar, in a gasol type trade again, to the Lakers, has to really evaluated themself as an organization.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #80
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hornets laugh about his list.

If they trade him then together with Okafor and Posey.

You need 27 million in salary for that. Probably they want 20+ in expirings and talents on rookie contracts.

Knicks, Magic and Lakers just dont have this.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masting and striking? wtf, ur mom's fadge stinks, wtf is "fadge"?