Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #81
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. We have plenty of cap flexibility. Get it done, bosses!

Butler/JJB/DeShawn/Roddy/2 firsts for CP3.
Chandler for Emeka.

Then the TE we earned for Sessions.

Use those trade assets! Still have MLE and a few other TEs to fill out the roster with..

CP3/Sessions
Kidd/JET/Dojo
Marion/Posey
Dirk/FA
Wood/Emeka

EDIT: I still think there's a snowball's chance in hell the Hornets trade Paul.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-22-2010 at 07:42 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Would you do a kitchen sink trade for Paul?

Paul/Okafur/Posey for Butler/Kidd/Terry/Stevenson/Roddy and 2 firsts works on realgm.

Paul/JJ
Posey/Dojo/JJ
Marion/Posey/Dojo?
Dirk/Emeka
Haywood/Chandler/Emeka

Then sign Rasual Butler/Matt Barnes with part of the mle?

I'd do it. I'd do it good.

NO gets a lot out of this deal. Jkidd still has burn to coach Roddy and Collison. What an insane duo that would be. Then Butler could get 20 ppg. Terry a decent 6th man.

Oh offseason....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #83
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Would you do a kitchen sink trade for Paul?
Yep.

Although I would worry about him ditching when his contract is up - didn't he say something along the lines of him and 'Melo joining Amar'e'e'e'e in NY?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #84
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If Chris Paul is traded before the coming season for a package of cap relief, picks and young talent, the Mavs are going to have some serious, serious egg on their faces.

I don't think it's very likely, but this has me feeling a little uneasy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #85
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Lol, its funny how we all called him cristina but now we want him over here.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #86
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I think we have a better chance than most may think in terms of getting a trade done. I've heard LA, Orlando, New York, Portland, and Dallas in the competition.

LA doesn't have any true young/talents or expirings. Odom, Bynum, Pau, Bryant, Artest are all on long term contracts. Either the Hornets are not interested, or the Lakers would not give in this instance.

New York has lots of young talent, but in order to match match the potential salary dump of Okafor and Posey, they would literally have to shell out their whole team, full of young talent. That's Gallinari, Chandler, Walker, Randolph, Douglas, Azubuke, Turiaf, etc. I'm not sure it's reasonable for them to part with that for Chris Paul cause they would not have a team outside Chris Paul and Stoudemire. They have no picks either. I think they maintain cap flexibility and a roster of young talent and try to pick up Parker and Anthony in free agency and Paul when he gets to that point.

Portland I haven't done my research on, too lazy too right now.

Orlando has talent, but some of it is redundant, and none of them are cap-friendly, affordable short-term contracts other than Pietrus (who is their only expiring). Also, one of their biggest pieces, Nelson, is probably something New Orleans isn't looking for. They already have a point guard, no need to take on a huge financial burden. They may be interested in Bass and Gortat and Pietrus ... though I think the ceiling on those players has become somewhat evident. I doubt they want any piece of Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis. J.J. Redick is also another attractive option. The problem is even if B/G/P/J are good options, Orlando has no expirings to make up the other half of the salary they would have to give back and that's probably a deal breaker.

As for Dallas.

I would try to push:

Paul/Okafor/Posey

for

Roddy/Chandler/Ajinca/Stevenson/Terry/Barea, two firsts and cash for a potential Jason Terry buy out after this season.
(Also, this has to be after September 13th so Chandler/Ajinca can be traded with other players)

I really want to hold on to Butler since we need him to be that third option on offense. While I would go for Paul regardless, Paul + Dirk + offensive role players may not be able to get the job done. We may end up having to put in his contract and keep Terry :/

Paul/Kidd
Butler/DoJo
Marion/Posey
Dirk/x
Haywood/Okafor/Mahinmi

I think Okafor and Posey are not very bad acquisitions.

Posey means we will have a good defensive role player on the floor at all times. Posey can shoot from behind the arc as well, giving us a little bit of variety at that spot. Marion is obviously better for the garbage points.

Okafor, while not the most athletic player, would do well as a back up center, especially since all we really need him to do is rebound and get easy points. Obviously, he's overpaid, but thats the price to get Paul.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #87
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Portland would be sending Batum, Fernandez, Bayless, picks & Pryzbilla& Andre Miller for contracts. that only get's them to around 21 million. not enough to include Okafor. i suppose they could include Oden as well. No could have the option whether or not to extend the qualifying offer next year.
New York cant trade any of those new guys, except for straight up, for a while.
for Orlando, VC is a team team option after this season. not sure whats guaranteed but his IS an attractive expiring--17mil. they would probably send Gortat, Anderson, VC, Pietrus and picks and could take back 2 bad contracts. can Reddick be traded yet?
Dallas could offer Roddy, Chandler, Stevenson, Jet, JJB, picks and cash.
but they would probably have to include Butler.
if NO doesnt care as much about dumping Posey then it opens up the bidding a bit.
i could see Portland being the team to beat. Batum is very well regarded, even though he's not a big name. Oden,Batum, Fernandez, Bayless. or Roddy, Caron, JJB, Dojo(?)
all things being relatively equal Portland probably wins out. they get to send CP out of the division and get back Batum at a position of need and other young cheap options. as well as some flexibility w/ Oden.
wouldve been nice to have the Dust to instantly erase 13 million...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
As for Dallas.

I would try to push:

Paul/Okafor/Posey

for

Roddy/Chandler/Ajinca/Stevenson/Terry/Barea, two firsts and cash for a potential Jason Terry buy out after this season.
(Also, this has to be after September 13th so Chandler/Ajinca can be traded with other players)
Doesn't work. You can't trade Chandler and Ajinca as part of a package.

You can trade Chandler straight up for Okafar, and then Butler/Stevenson/Barea/Roddy (and copious amounts of picks and cash) for Paul and Posey.

I don't think you're getting them to take Terry.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #89
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Doesn't work. You can't trade Chandler and Ajinca as part of a package.
Why not?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #90
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

We can, but we would have to wait a while.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Why not?
You have to wait two months after acquiring a player in a trade to trade him again as part of a package

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #92
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have to wait two months after acquiring a player in a trade to trade him again as part of a package
That's exactly what he said.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #93
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why not?
even i knew that! and i don't know dick about the cba or the trade exception..hell i don't even know what the MLE is for...luxury tax? forgettabout it!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #94
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
That's exactly what he said.
Hah. Screw me, I somehow totally glossed over that line in his post. I even quoted it.

But it'd be pretty simple to get it done as separate trades and not wait until September 13th.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #95
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Chris Paul is traded before the coming season for a package of cap relief, picks and young talent, the Mavs are going to have some serious, serious egg on their faces.

I don't think it's very likely, but this has me feeling a little uneasy.
What else could they have done? Word is they offered literally everything short of Dirk several times, including right before they greenlighted the Chandler trade. If the Hornets change their mind now, and they end up trading him to someone else for cap relief, I'm just not sure what else the Mavs could have done?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #96
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
What else could they have done? Word is they offered literally everything short of Dirk several times, including right before they greenlighted the Chandler trade. If the Hornets change their mind now, and they end up trading him to someone else for cap relief, I'm just not sure what else the Mavs could have done?
i think the only thing the mavs could have done is waited..and then we would be where we are now with the damp chip.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #97
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

CP3 was late on announcing his refusal to play. He said once that he wanted to be traded, but it he upped that to a demand since the Miami Heatstakes. The Mavs case was stronger with the Damp chip, but it's harder now.

Portland is a good team, but they don't have near the committment to be a winner that Dallas has.

Basically, I think Dallas is the best place for Paul, but because he waited it's less likely that this is where he ends up.

Last edited by jacktruth; 07-22-2010 at 02:52 PM.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #98
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yea, and the fact is, we are a better team with Chandler than we were with Damp, and we have the Chandler chip for next year, so it's hard to complain.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I bet three years from now some revisionist on this forum is going to bitch about how Mark Cuban turned down CP3 for DUST - mark my words...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #100
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I bet three years from now some revisionist on this forum is going to bitch about how Mark Cuban turned down CP3 for DUST - mark my words...
must spread rep

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #101
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I don't think it matters. The bottom line is it's up to them to read the market correctly. It may not be completely fair, but if you fold your hand with Damp and then a weak later Paul is traded for cap relief, you deserve to be questioned and criticized.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #102
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #103
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

dbl

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-22-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #104
Underdog

Quote:
I don't think it matters. The bottom line is it's up to them to read the market correctly. It may not be completely fair, but if you fold your hand with Damp and then a weak later Paul is traded for cap relief, you deserve to be questioned and criticized.
But if you hold onto Damp and still don't get Paul, then you deserve to be crucified...

Better to blow your load early than to go to sleep with blue balls...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-22-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #105
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only thing that's supposedly changed is that Chris Paul has demanded to be traded. How are the Mavericks supposed to know what goes on in Chris Paul's head?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #106
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested in his reason for mentioning the Mavs as one of his possible teams...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
But if you hold onto Damp and still don't get Paul, then you deserve to be crucified...

Better to blow your load early than to go to sleep with blue balls...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
The only thing that's supposedly changed is that Chris Paul has demanded to be traded. How are the Mavericks supposed to know what goes on in Chris Paul's head?
Again, not saying it's an easy decision or even completely fair to criticize them.

But the entire focus of the Mavs front office is to stay in position to acquire a superstar if one ever comes available. And if one comes available so quickly, and the difference in not getting him ends up being that they traded Damp a week too soon, I don't really see how it makes sense to let them off the hook for that. Again, it's their job to read the market.

I imagine it's all moot, because I have to believe they talked to New Orleans and were told that either:

A. They're not ever, under any circumstances trading Chris Paul, no matter what he says (most likely).

B. If they do ever trade Paul, they're looking for more young talent than the Mavs have, and aren't that interested in a salary dump (seems plausible)

C. They don't really see much distinction between the instant expiring of Damp and a true expiring like Chandler (possible, I suppose).

I can't believe the Mavs traded Damp before getting concrete proof that one of those three scenarios was true.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

After giving up all that talent for Paul (Butler, Roddy, picks, etc), I'm still not sure if the team as enough offensive punch to battle with the big boys of the league. Other than Paul and Dirk, who can score?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #109
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm interested in his reason for mentioning the Mavs as one of his possible teams...

Same reason every big player uses us...

Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #110
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Same reason every big player uses us...
I suppose you mean he is just mentioning us to "use" us to get the attention of the team he actually wants to play for?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #111
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
After giving up all that talent for Paul (Butler, Roddy, picks, etc), I'm still not sure if the team as enough offensive punch to battle with the big boys of the league. Other than Paul and Dirk, who can score?
Jet. And Kidd hits open threes.

A starting five of Paul, Kidd, Marion, Dirk, Haywood with Okafor, Posey and Jet coming off the bench is a title contender.

When you're pairing two of the top ten players in the NBA together, all you need after that is the right role players.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-22-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #112
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Jet. And Kidd hits open threes.
Its been proven in recent playoff series that those two cannot be counted upon to play consistent 3rd fiddle. Unless you think Paul makes them better playoff performers.

Quote:
When you're pairing two of the top ten players in the NBA together, all you need after that is the right role players.
thats the theory...

Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #113
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks or Blazers.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #114
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Unless we get Paul, I can only treat this development with disgust. DIS-GUST, I SAY!!

1) I think the Mavs are below average at trading. Kidd-Harris is a wash (when Kidd was forcing the trade to us). Stack chip fetched us Marion, whose contract is the new JET. Super-expiring Damp went for an expensive one-year rental on Chandler and a center we're trying to trade already.

2) This is some proof of where Dallas stands, for all the talk of being a big market, amongst the minds of the players. People like living on the coasts. People like New York, California and Florida. That's where the international cities, ad agencies, media HQs and other celebs reside. If you want to make it to the cover of any major magazine regularly, you rep the coast.

EDIT: by major, I mean something that transcends sports. Time magazine, etc.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-22-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #115
sike
The Preacha

Chris Brusard is saying New York is CP3's location...Dallas is such an after thought on ESPN.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #116
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't just say it's not completely fair, I'd say it's completely unfair to expect them to do anything more than make repeated efforts to offer everything we have except the one guy who we're keeping.

There's reading the market, and then there's reading minds. When the Hornets tell you "no" over and over and over and you've offered everything you've got, it'd be unreasonable to sit around and insist to yourself that they still might change their mind anytime soon. It's especially unreasonable when you have an asset whose trade value only lasts for so much longer.

You hope (maybe even expect) they change their mind awhile down the road, but it'd be unreasonable under these circumstances to prepare for the contingency that a week or two later they do a complete 180.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-22-2010 at 06:58 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #117
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't just say it's not completely fair, I'd say it's completely unfair to expect them to do anything more than make repeated efforts to offer everything we have except the one guy who we're keeping.

There's reading the market, and then there's reading minds. When the Hornets tell you "no" over and over and over and you've offered everything you've got, it'd be unreasonable to sit around and insist to yourself that they still might change their mind anytime soon. It's especially unreasonable when you have an asset whose trade value only lasts for so much longer.

You hope (maybe even expect) they change their mind awhile down the road, but it'd be unreasonable under these circumstances to prepare for the contingency that a week or two later they do a complete 180.
This.

I think the Mavs have done as much homework on the Paul situation as anyone can reasonably expect. The probability that New Orleans would suddenly do an about-face before the season is so low that it's irrational to make your plans based off that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #118
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

the Knicks dont have a 1st rd. pick until 2013, right? so Paul's "preferred destination" is not exactly a likely one. i think it might be Portland, Orlando Dallas, NJ. in that order, for now.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #119
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I don't think this is going to end well.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #120
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Obviously, the Hornets have not changed position in the last week or two. It's Paul who has completely upped his bluff.

Fair or not, in scanning the Paul situation, I think the Mavs misread Paul's discontentment even if they read the Hornets' position correctly (who in their right mind would part with a 25 year old top 5 player if he wants to stay)..

I'm pessimistic, almost to the point of sarcastic, but let's use these much ballyhooed trade assets. Who the heck else are we trading 30M in expirings for?

Tags
masting and striking? wtf, ur mom's fadge stinks, wtf is "fadge"?