Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Iggy wants out if the Sixers still suck at deadline

Chris Broussard report.

Well, i definatly could see this. I also dont see the Sixers getting huge talent since Iggy is not even a clear Robin (lack of scoring/shooting ability) + his contract. Dumping Iggy with Brand wont happen, just a dumping with Noci.

Thats my favorite trade:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5719605

Kidd
Roddy
Iggy
Dirk
Chandwood

Kidd combined with Roddy, Iggy and Chandler would be definatly sick.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

DO IT NOW!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-28-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

I agree UD...do it!

Iggy is a clear upgrade over Caron as the SF, and maybe Marion can backup Dirk, that would leave Nocioni to backup Iggy

we still need a backup PG
Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
we still need a backup PG
Would DJ Agustin be a good fit for that?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Would DJ Agustin be a good fit for that?

I would play him over JJB...however there are better fits than Augustine
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

They just made Augustine their starter (he earned that spot). What are you giving them.. for their starting pg?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Iggy to Dallas

Just DO IT!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

PLEASE!
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Pretty sure the Sixers would ask for Roddy. Turner is a 6'7" "point guard" and we definitely need scoring.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Honestly I would give up Roddy for Iggy but also making sure that we rgettin back a lil more if we are doing Roddy and Butler.

We need players now and IMO Roddy is good but not the one that can save us if we need saving
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I wouldn't give up Roddy before seeing what he can bring to the team this year.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I wouldn't give up Roddy before seeing what he can bring to the team this year.
I agree with you.We must see how he will be play with our team

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

am I nuts?....I would give up Roddy in a second for Iggy!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
am I nuts?....I would give up Roddy in a second for Iggy!!!

Yes!...I would take at least 10 minutes before i decide to pull the trigger
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
Yes!...I would take at least 10 minutes before i decide to pull the trigger
I now see that you are wise.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

no need to include Roddy in any deal unless we're getting back CP or Melo. and man our defense would be sick with this lineup on the floor:
Chandler
Dirk
Marion
Iggy
Kidd
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light

Am I the only one who thinks this starting lineup Kidd, Iggy, Marion, Nowitzki, Chandler might not work so well in playoffs? There will be a lot of zone defence played against us. As we know there's good chance Terry's shot will not be there and Barea is quite useless against zone. With Iggy and Marion, its quite hard to creat good ISO's for Dirk. Also with 3-2 or 2-3 zone defense we have to send Iggy and Marion to attack from wings. But when they will miss it, then it can leave Nowitzki and Kidd quite offten against PG+SG or maybe even with 3-2 PG+SG+SF vs them on fast break. And its quite awful when they try to defend fast breaks together.

With Butler + Roddy I would say no to this trade, but with only Butler... I would think about it. Because Kidd, Roddy, Iggy, Nowitzki, Chandler is quite nicely balanced starting lineup.

I don't know how high is Roddy's trading value but 3 way deal Roddy+Marion+Stevenson+one France guy+pick+cash for Iggy+Nocioni is nice dream.

Kidd
Iggy
Butler
Nowitzki
Chandler

Last edited by FiZth; 10-29-2010 at 04:59 PM.
FiZth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Butler AND Roddy sounds like a lot for Iggy, presuming that Roddy can indeed turn into the player anyone in and around DFW hopes. Even Iggy for Butler might not make us contenders, unless said Roddy really becomes something special in a short period of time.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #19
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

The only way I would put Roddy is a deal for Iggy is if the 76ers put Marreese Speights in the deal.

Last edited by Thomas86; 10-30-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:16 AM   #20
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

You people just don't get it. As good as Kidd plays sometimes he becomes a real libility in the playoffs when people have time to plan for him. It is also essential for our team to be able to have an answer for the quick points that are in the league. It is also not a given that certain players can play together and complement each other. How many of you thought Butler would be the answer but now after less than a year it's trade Butler time. the most important position on a team aside from Super Super stars is the point. When you have the opportunity to develop someone with the potential that Roddy has and you throw him in as an add on to get an unknown result, then you should all just stick with fantesy basketball where team chemistry plays absolutely no part and all their numbers just transfer over from team to team.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Butler + Roddy for Iggy? I don't know why this was even brought up. I know Iggy plays defense and stuff, but he only scores about 18 a game and doesn't shoot the three well. Sure, I'd say he's an upgrade over Caron, but I'm not sure I'd even give up Butler + Dojo for Iggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The only way I would put Roddy is a deal for Iggy is if the 76ers put Marreese Speights in the deal.
I've heard the name, but I don't know much about him. He looks like a young center who can score a little and sucks at defense (at least shot blocking, which is kind of important). Why do you like him?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #22
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Speights provides nothing but scoring, he has a terrible bb iq. Kind of the PF version of Al Thornton.

And i dont like to give up Butler AND Roddy.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #23
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Speights was good his rookie year but he hurt his knee and has been suspect ever since. Elton Brand called him out for his lack of rebounding and that fact he doesn't pas the ball once he gets the ball.

Iggy would have been great for this team before he became the #1 option for Philly. Prior to that he was a pure slasher while still being able to create for others. He was told by the coaching staff to work on his jump shot and he came back with this rainbow looking shot. He hasn't been the same since.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #24
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
You people just don't get it. As good as Kidd plays sometimes he becomes a real libility in the playoffs when people have time to plan for him. It is also essential for our team to be able to have an answer for the quick points that are in the league. It is also not a given that certain players can play together and complement each other. How many of you thought Butler would be the answer but now after less than a year it's trade Butler time. the most important position on a team aside from Super Super stars is the point. When you have the opportunity to develop someone with the potential that Roddy has and you throw him in as an add on to get an unknown result, then you should all just stick with fantesy basketball where team chemistry plays absolutely no part and all their numbers just transfer over from team to team.
+1
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

The problem I've always had with Iguodala trade speculation in the past is that the combination of he and Kidd in the back-court just wouldn't work, for obvious reasons. However, now that Carlisle has made it clear that one of the SF's (Marion so far) is going to come off of the bench, I think an Iguodala trade makes way more sense.

For me to get on board with this, the following criteria must be met:
  • Iguodala must replace BUTLER in the lineup, not the starting 2 guard. It seems reasonabale to assume that he will, since Butler is really the only piece that would interest Philly - he gives them the right combo of covering for the hole left by Iggy this season and improving financial flexibility going forward.
  • After the trade, Kidd must continue to be paired with a smaller guard who has a chance to keep up with the other team's PG - regardless of what the change in personell does to the team's "ego balance".
  • Neither Tyson Chandler nor Roddy Beaubois can be included in the deal.

Iggy can play the 2, but not with Kidd. If he's meant simply as an upgrade at the 3 over the ill-fitting Butler, though, I'm all over it.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #26
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
The problem I've always had with Iguodala trade speculation in the past is that the combination of he and Kidd in the back-court just wouldn't work, for obvious reasons. However, now that Carlisle has made it clear that one of the SF's (Marion so far) is going to come off of the bench, I think an Iguodala trade makes way more sense.

For me to get on board with this, the following criteria must be met:
  • Iguodala must replace BUTLER in the lineup, not the starting 2 guard. It seems reasonabale to assume that he will, since Butler is really the only piece that would interest Philly - he gives them the right combo of covering for the hole left by Iggy this season and improving financial flexibility going forward.
  • After the trade, Kidd must continue to be paired with a smaller guard who has a chance to keep up with the other team's PG - regardless of what the change in personell does to the team's "ego balance".
  • Neither Tyson Chandler nor Roddy Beaubois can be included in the deal.

Iggy can play the 2, but not with Kidd. If he's meant simply as an upgrade at the 3 over the ill-fitting Butler, though, I'm all over it.
Agreed. The key for me is that third bullet point: having to give up Butler AND another useful piece is not at all worth it for Iguodala. Especially Roddy, but also Chandler or Jones or Marion or maybe even Mahimni (and obviously contracts factor in; the point I'm trying to make is that Butler is not so much worse than Iggy that another player is required to make up that difference. If Philadelphia wants something else, and they are gaining financial flexibility with this, which should help, then they shouldn't ask for much besides a second rounder or something similar).
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #27
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Agreed. The key for me is that third bullet point: having to give up Butler AND another useful piece is not at all worth it for Iguodala. Especially Roddy, but also Chandler or Jones or Marion or maybe even Mahimni (and obviously contracts factor in; the point I'm trying to make is that Butler is not so much worse than Iggy that another player is required to make up that difference. If Philadelphia wants something else, and they are gaining financial flexibility with this, which should help, then they shouldn't ask for much besides a second rounder or something similar).
Yes to all of this. Iggy gets to the rack better, plays better defense than Caron and is a better passer- but with that contract there's no way Philly should expect much more in return. Roddy and Chandler are keepers unless we're getting back a Paul/Okafor or Melo/Birdman. which as we all know is extremely unlikely.
best offer should be something like Iggy/Nocioni for Caron/DeShawn/2nd/cash
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

We should have jumped all over a Maggette deal. Mega FTA's...

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #29
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yes to all of this. Iggy gets to the rack better, plays better defense than Caron and is a better passer- but with that contract there's no way Philly should expect much more in return. Roddy and Chandler are keepers unless we're getting back a Paul/Okafor or Melo/Birdman. which as we all know is extremely unlikely.
True, just like what tcat and KillerLeft wrote. Giving up Butler and another (important) rotation player for Iggy is too much and wouldn't be enough of a difference maker of a move to justify doing it. It's not that I'm completely against adding another rotation player to either Butler or Chandler's expiring contract, which we may have to do eventually, but not for Iggy.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #30
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
We should have jumped all over a Maggette deal. Mega FTA's...
Was there a Maggette deal supposedly on the table at some point, or are you just referring to the rumors that he was available?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #31
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

we should just try to get Lou Williams, he's the best player on the sixers
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #32
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Im not trading Roddy for Iggy period, if they want anyone save Kidd, Dirk, Chandler, Roddy Id go ahead
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 AM   #33
dalger
Golden Member

While we're talking about Iggy, it's perhaps worth noting that the 76ers had a horrible start into the season going 1-5. If they continued to be at the very bottom of the Eastern Conference, they would probably be much more inclined to make some changes to their going-nowhere team. Iggy and his remaining three years at $44 million could certainly be the centerpiece of these changes.

On that note, would the Mavs even be willing to take on his contract if there was something along the lines of Butler for Iggy on the table? I can't really remember the Mavs' opinion on Iggy and his contract.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Sold.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #35
sefant77
Guru

Throwing in Dojo wouldnt be a deal breaker either
Old 11-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #36
FiZth

FiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of lightFiZth is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5726992
+ maybe cash/picks/one young France C

As much I love Roddy, this trade could really take us to the next level. Jrue Holiday would help us out with so many things. He can defend quick point guards and can play SG next to Kidd. He can even play back-up PG. And I really like the idea of him learning from Kidd and Terry. With him playing time as SG and PG, our 2nd unit would be quite nice scoring threat with:

PG: Holiday
SG: Terry
SF: Nocioni
PF: Marion
C: Haywood

Last edited by FiZth; 11-06-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #37
sefant77
Guru

Holiday is untouchable for the Sixers, pretty sure they wouldnt trade him for Roddy+Dojo, so no way they throw him in a Iggy trade
Old 11-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #38
FiZth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Holiday is untouchable for the Sixers, pretty sure they wouldnt trade him for Roddy+Dojo, so no way they throw him in a Iggy trade
So is Roddy for us. But Beaubois got more raw skills then Holiday and could be way better player. But we don't have the time to wait and find out. When Sixers trade Iggy, they do. Add some cash and picks and theres enoght to think about. Pluss they got Louis Williams. Ofcourse in the end this can be also quite negative for us, because Roddy is like young Louis Williams with 3pt shot. So why you need for another one? So I hope FO will figure out some 3-way deal. Beacuase I think Iggy+Noci+Holiday could give us another 2-3 years to fight for championship with this team.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

I wonder if there is any actual fire in the Mavs FO for Iggy...other than all the fan's smoke.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #40
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I wonder if there is any actual fire in the Mavs FO for Iggy...other than all the fan's smoke.
Im pretty sure they are monitoring the situation. They know he is an upgrade to Butler and if it "just" take Dojo/future pick and taking on Nocis salary next season, then i dont see a reason why they wouldnt do it.

Iggy just hit prime, he would be beside Roddy another player for the next 4+
years.