Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Iggy just hit prime, he would be beside Roddy another player for the next 4+
years.
Can Iggy play 3? Bc I'm pretty sure Roddy aint a 1.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #42
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Thats my favorite trade:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5719605

Kidd
Roddy
Iggy
Dirk
Chandwood

Kidd combined with Roddy, Iggy and Chandler would be definatly sick.
Pleaaaase
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Butler/Jones/No. 1 is enough to get Iguodala?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #44
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Philly is going no where, and this gives them some cap relief and a draft pick. Considering just how poor they started out and considering his numbers being low this year due to some other contributions, I would actually think yes. In the offseason, before the horrible start and stats drop, no way, but given the start and other guys showing they can score for Philly, I could see it. I would still prefer to have Brand included for reasons not to be rehashed in this thread, but that is very unlikely and I realize that. The roster after:

Kidd
Iggy
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

Very good defense out of 4 of the 5 positions.

When Roddy is back and 100% you are looking at:

Kidd
Roddy
Iggy
Dirk
Chandler

Again, very good defense out of 4 of the 5 positions. Depending on the matchups you could always sit Roddy and bring in Marion (Heat for example with LeBron/Wade - their size/strength would make Iggy/Marion the better choice defensively).

We would be so much better on defense (with either lineup) than we are now. If somehow you could include Barea in that deal (or in a 3-way) and get a better backup 1, damn, I would just be ecstatic. Hell, just include him for nothing and give Jet backup minutes at the 1 with Stevenson at the 2. I would rather watch Jet get a few more shots that Barea typically takes and let Stevenson just play good D on the 2nd unit myself.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only if we're the only team willing to take on his contract, I would think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #46
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Only if we're the only team willing to take on his contract, I would think.
I think you're probably right.

BTW, Dan, didn't mean to ignore your solid analysis. I just don't see it as being enough to get Iguodala. I don't think Jones has any trade value to speak of, and our first rounder probably doesn't make up the difference.

I wouldn't give up much more than that to get Iguodala.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #47
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

This is best for both sides, Turner and Iggy are too similar of players to work on the same court at same time. Id love to get Iggy, but no way am I touching Roddy to get him
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #48
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you're probably right.

BTW, Dan, didn't mean to ignore your solid analysis. I just don't see it as being enough to get Iguodala. I don't think Jones has any trade value to speak of, and our first rounder probably doesn't make up the difference.

I wouldn't give up much more than that to get Iguodala.
No I understand - remember, I was the one saying to get a deal like this done it would take X and most people were saying that was way too much to give up. I just think that given their start and his number decline that they may just be ready to move on so it could be perfect timing for us to get a great talent on the cheap. His contract is big and a lot of teams will pass because of that alone. I don't think it is highly likely that this is all it takes, but I have severely loosened my stance on what it would take from where I was in the offseason. I think a change of scenery would do him so very well too. He would be a perfect fit for us for so many reasons (again, not to be discussed again - see the other 3-4 threads where I went into details on it).

Bottom line, his value dropped. Did it drop this much? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Philly only get back this in return for him.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #49
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

there will be a few other teams w/expirings at the deadline. Tayshaun Prince, Vince Carter, etc... and Melo will be moving, most likely
i would think the Mavs might be one of the few teams willing to take back Nocioni's contract as well as Iggy's. and that should make up for whatever talent gap there may be. i mean isn't it essentially saving them almost $40 million, including luxury tax, next season alone?! (depending on the new CBA, etc.)
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #50
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiZth View Post
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5726992
+ maybe cash/picks/one young France C

As much I love Roddy, this trade could really take us to the next level. Jrue Holiday would help us out with so many things. He can defend quick point guards and can play SG next to Kidd. He can even play back-up PG. And I really like the idea of him learning from Kidd and Terry. With him playing time as SG and PG, our 2nd unit would be quite nice scoring threat with:

PG: Holiday
SG: Terry
SF: Nocioni
PF: Marion
C: Haywood
Philly is not trading away Holiday. The goal of the franchise now is to build a team around Holiday and Turner. They can't do that by trading one of them away. Plus, Holiday has been pretty good for them.

Quote:
I highly doubt it. Philly wants young talent and draft picks for Iggy. The expiring contracts are just the icing on the cake. I don't think Dallas can offer enough, or at least offer a better package than other teams that can use Iggy's service can.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The goal of the franchise now is to build a team around Holiday and Turner. They can't do that by trading one of them away.
airtight logic

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #52
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Holliday is solid but he is not a franchise player, they need a star scorer down low
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #53
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Holliday is solid but he is not a franchise player, they need a star scorer down low
Holiday is very nice talent, so there wont be any reason to throw him in a Iggy for expiring + average talent trade.

We can be glad to get Iggy in any combo with Noci, just forget about Holiday.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #54
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

We must trade Caron.He plays bad basketball in this season.We need scorer player.Iggy is right choice.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #55
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

been reading about an Iggy for Peja deal. hope there is no validity to this...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #56
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Unfortunately there may be a lot of teams ahead of us in the Iggy race. Denver with Carmelo, Clippers with Kaman, Warriors with Ellis, New York with Galinari/Chandler, Rockets with Kevin Martin... Im sure there are more.

The 76ers need shooting bad. It may take Jason Terry being involved.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #57
mavs777
Diamond Member

it may have to involve tc
Old 11-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #58
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Unfortunately there may be a lot of teams ahead of us in the Iggy race. Denver with Carmelo, Clippers with Kaman, Warriors with Ellis, New York with Galinari/Chandler, Rockets with Kevin Martin... Im sure there are more.

The 76ers need shooting bad. It may take Jason Terry being involved.
Philly isn't going to get rid of Iggy for nothing, and there is no way Mello will resign with Philly so that is out of the equation

It doesn't seem like Clippers want to trade Kaman but things can change I guess plus his contract while short term is bad, Philly is looking to rebuild and save some cap

Warriors aren't trading Ellis

New York is either getting Carmello or no one, they will save money so they can get him in the off season. They aren't going to trade for a guy with 4 years left on his contract and 50 mill about

Not sure why Rockets would trade Martin

A trade that would make sense is this:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3ytwv2b
The Sixers save money by trading 2 bad contracts (Brand is much worse than Terry's), they get a shooter to complement Turner. And they get an expiring in Butler. Mavs meanwhile getting a robbin, free up time for more minutes for Roddy at the 2 and 1. Make Marion a full starter. And get a decent player in brand (on his decline but still can play some), Mavs would also throw in picks

Last edited by mavs777; 11-12-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #59
mac222b
Diamond Member

there aren't many teams ahead of us in the Iggy race. still would be most concerned about NO going "all in" but even that is a long shot. it'd be a huge luxury tax hit.
Dallas is still the most likely because we have a useable player(Caron)with an expiring deal, as well as the ability, if necessary, to take back another bad contract.
no way Mavs include Jet or Chandler in any deal involving Iggy.
more likely we send a 1st round and/or take back Nocioni. would love to see Brand here as Dirk's back-up and 5-10 at Center but not if it takes giving up Jet.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #60
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Philly wants in on the Carmelo to New Jersey trade because they want Favors. They want talent that fits their current direction, so expiring contracts won't get the job done.

Last edited by b_o_r; 11-12-2010 at 04:24 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #61
Mav-elous Man

Mav-elous Man is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure I would do it. The reason being is that its pretty much a wash. I compared their stats throughtout their careers and they are almost even with Caron having the slight edge. From rebounds to 3pt % to ppg to steals they are pretty even. Don't believe me? Go see for yourself. The one advantage I will give Iggy is his highlight reel dunks may be better. Lol. So if we do trade, it should be straight up with a scrub thrown in to make the money match up (about 2 mil difference roughly). But if you throw in Roddy B as a part of the trade then you would be getting taken complete advantage of. That would make Phili better because they would get the exact same production out of Caron that they are getting out of Iggy and they would essentially just be adding Roddy. Mavs would lose out on yet another PG of the future. Not against the trade but it just needs to be as close to straight up as possible.
Mav-elous Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #62
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Philly isn't going to get rid of Iggy for nothing, and there is no way Mello will resign with Philly so that is out of the equation

It doesn't seem like Clippers want to trade Kaman but things can change I guess plus his contract while short term is bad, Philly is looking to rebuild and save some cap

Warriors aren't trading Ellis

New York is either getting Carmello or no one, they will save money so they can get him in the off season. They aren't going to trade for a guy with 4 years left on his contract and 50 mill about

Not sure why Rockets would trade Martin

A trade that would make sense is this:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3ytwv2b
The Sixers save money by trading 2 bad contracts (Brand is much worse than Terry's), they get a shooter to complement Turner. And they get an expiring in Butler. Mavs meanwhile getting a robbin, free up time for more minutes for Roddy at the 2 and 1. Make Marion a full starter. And get a decent player in brand (on his decline but still can play some), Mavs would also throw in picks
I dont know why you say the 76rs are wanting to "rebuild" they want to build around the talents they have. The problem with them is they have too many similar players. They need shooting/offensive fire power bad. They also need more size in the frontcourt.

Melo could be a good fit there if he chose to resign. If he doesnt then there's your expiring contract you say they want so much. Denver is going to go with whatever gives them the best return... JR Smith would even be attractive to the 76ers and Ive heard of Denver wanting to ship him lately.

Kaman would be a good fit with the 76rs and Iggy a fantastic fit with the Clippers whom still would have sufficient big men without Kaman and would fill a huge hole at SF. I could see the Clippers making the deal sweet enough for the 76rs to bite.

Ellis would be the offensive fire power that the 76rs need, and Iggy would turn the Warriors into a legit team. That backcourt of Curry and Ellis, while exciting, wont work defensively over time/the playoffs. Im sure Melo is the Warriors main/first target with Ellis though.

The Rockets would trade Martin because the Rockets are terrible and you never really know with them. If they would trade for Iggy, I dont know. Id have to know more about why they are so bad right now.

New York is going to go hard for Melo in the offseason and beforehand, but if they cant land a big star in the offseason then they may look at trading for Iggy at that point.

...Im sure there are more possibilities out there.

Now, your proposed trade. Id have to think real hard about. Terry is going to last longer than Brand and we need Terry's scoring more than we need a backup 4 that would play limited minutes. Either way, I still think we are down the list a bit. And then there is still the question if MBT would be up for such a deal. They weren't last trade deadline when that deal was pretty much offered for JHo/expirings. We didnt want to take back those big contracts.

Last edited by Robillion; 11-12-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #63
Mav-elous Man

Mav-elous Man is on a distinguished road

If we do trade Caron for Iggy, is there anyway we can get Pietrus out of Orlando to come off the bench and play the 3 for the Mavs?
Mav-elous Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #64
sefant77
Guru

I do the Butler-Iggy trade just for the defense and age....

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...la_is_now.html

Quote:
Inside the Sixers: The time to deal Iguodala is now

By Kate Fagan

Inquirer Staff Writer

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - It's time.

If you watched Andre Iguodala in person, you'd see a very talented player playing below his potential. Or if you walked into the locker room after a game and saw a guy hunched over after yet another loss, you'd be nearing the same conclusion: It's time.

For proof, let's read between the lines.

Doug Collins rarely goes a day without reiterating one simple fact: The 76ers' coach has been brought here to evaluate talent, to decide which players are prepared for the journey ahead.

So let's forget the team's record, which is quite bad. Let's forget the roster's salary, which is quite high. Let's forget the remaining sliver of hope which keeps some believing that by season's end this squad - in its current incarnation - will be transformed into a playoff team.

And let's state the truth without pump-faking or jab-stepping: The Sixers are reassembling, which is the NBA's version of rebuilding.

You probably knew that. But there's a chance you didn't.

You've likely read the multitude of quotes from Collins commenting on his search for the right mix of guys, for the secret recipe that will produce the gourmet meal.

But when your ingredients are brown sugar and pickles, there is no gourmet meal. You might come up with a funky appetizer that a few people find interesting, but it'll never be satisfying.

"I mean, I'm being ultra-positive. I don't know what else I can do," Collins said after Friday's loss to the Dallas Mavericks. "I'm ultra-positive: 'Let's go, let's do our jobs,' and stuff like that. But if we're going to judge ourselves after nine games, I mean, I would think that that wouldn't happen."

Collins is smart enough and in tune with this challenge that he might get the Sixers to make a push, get them to 35 wins, but this season will not be a winning one.

Which brings us back to the opening premise: It's time.

Let's continue reading between the lines.

Iguodala has not formally requested a trade, and the Sixers are not actively trying to deal him. There is no "For Sale" sign in front of Iguodala, but the Sixers would listen if you fell in love with the place and knocked on the door anyway.

If you ask those around him, Iguodala "just wants to win." That's the answer to any number of questions: Might he ask for a trade by the all-star break? He just wants to win. But wouldn't it be nice, having a fresh start? We don't care about that, just winning. How happy is he in Philly? He just wants to win.

Well, the Sixers aren't winning.

If you walked into a vegetarian restaurant and made it clear only a steak would satisfy you, the easiest remedy would be to leave, not wait until they changed the menu.

Right now, the Sixers aren't serving winning. But that's what Iguodala would like to order.

The temperature on this situation is rising, but it's nowhere near the boiling point. So we could continue on like this for another few months, possibly into the off-season, but players tend to carry more value when they aren't pressing the phone into your palm and demanding that you find them a new home.

There's been a lot of talk about how Iguodala's time with the U.S. national team might change his game, but there's been little talk of how it might have changed his mind-set.

Iguodala spent the summer shooting at night with Kevin Durant, talking with Chauncey Billups, and watching Lamar Odom. Iguodala was one of that roster's oldest players, with six NBA seasons played. But only one of those six seasons was a winning one: his rookie year of 2004-05, when the Sixers, led by Allen Iverson, finished 43-39 and were eliminated in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Iguodala wants to win, his trade value is high, and the Sixers are reassembling.

It's time.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #65
mac222b
Diamond Member

with the way this team is gelling and playing defense they have suddenly the look of a legit contender. Dirk is MVP-like so far. TC has transformed this team's defense(props deserved for RC in that department too). the defense looks good enough that if we could get a healthy Roddy back and swap Butler,etc. for a legit 3 that can score and defend this team could go far...

Iggy's back from injury and playing his best ball in years it seems. i know Philly is gonna wait to get the best offer possible, if they even trade him.

Mavs have the contracts to take back Iggy/Nocioni but probably not enough for Brand even if they wanted to. so does a 3rd team need to get involved to supply some talent? are Caron,DeShawn,Dojo and a 1st enough to get it done? just feeeling more and more that Iggy(not Melo)is the guy that would fit here with this group. if no Iggy than Tayshaun Prince would be a very nice consolation prize. love the new defensive identity would love to see the final piece this team goes to war with on board...

Last edited by mac222b; 11-27-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #66
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Hi!
I'm Jason Kidd fan, so now I'm Mavs fan too.

Definitely we have to trade Terry and Butler.
Terry is stupid turnover machine. Yesterday he fall down because of his own legs twice in first qtr. He has a lot of turnovers during dribbling and miss important free throws.
Butler just sucks with his one step closer jumpshot and he's not tough in defense this season. He's too fat? I don't know why he doesn't drive and dunk?

If we can' get Melo, then definitely we have to get Iggy. Prince isn't answer, we still will be far behind LAL.

Last edited by deamon; 11-27-2010 at 10:30 AM.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #67
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Hi!
I'm Jason Kidd fan, so now I'm Mavs fan too.

Definitely we have to trade Terry and Butler.
Terry is stupid turnover machine. Yesterday he fall down because of his own legs twice in first qtr. He has a lot of turnovers during dribbling and miss important free throws.
Butler just sucks with his one step closer jumpshot and he's not tough in defense this season. He's too fat? I don't know why he doesn't drive and dunk?

If we can' get Melo, then definitely we have to get Iggy. Prince isn't answer, we still will be far behind LAL.
You have right we have to trade Butler.Terry plays good so far.So he must stay with us.
Anyway:Welcome in DALLAS WORLD!!!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #68
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Do mnie, nie musisz pisać po angielsku
Old 11-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #69
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Do mnie, nie musisz pisać po angielsku
no nareszcie jakiś polak!!!Witam cie w świecie Dallas.Z kąd jesteś?

Last edited by 41mvp; 11-27-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #70
deamon
Golden Member

GO MAVS!
Big Three? Hard on paper, but not in reality.
We should win eat, maybe now we will beat someone in paint.

PS
Z Wawy.
Mam już dość oglądania facjaty Terry'ego. Trzeci sezon z rzędu te same głupie błędy, głównie przez jego i Barei straty przegrywamy close games. Czasem zdarzy mu się, że ma dobry dzień i sadzi trójki, ale w PO całkowicie zawodzi. Czekam na powrót Roddy'ego, będą wjazdy na obręcz, ale ten z kolei niczego dobrego w obronie nie prezentuje. Iggy to byłoby coś, myślę że by pasował do Kidda, tak jak teraz Chandler się wpasował w drużynę.
Dla mnie trzon drużyny to: Dirk, Kidd, Chandler i Marion. To co wczoraj zagrali, poprostu uwierzyłem że możemy wreszcie zajść do finału konferencji. Na LAL nie ma mocnych póki co, jak wróci Bynum to w PO będą miażdżyć, bo to co pokazują contenderzy w regularze to tylko gra wstępna, zwykłe nabijanie statsów.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #71
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
GO MAVS!
Big Three? Hard on paper, but not in reality.
We should win eat, maybe now we will beat someone in paint.

PS
Z Wawy.
Mam już dość oglądania facjaty Terry'ego. Trzeci sezon z rzędu te same głupie błędy, głównie przez jego i Barei straty przegrywamy close games. Czasem zdarzy mu się, że ma dobry dzień i sadzi trójki, ale w PO całkowicie zawodzi. Czekam na powrót Roddy'ego, będą wjazdy na obręcz, ale ten z kolei niczego dobrego w obronie nie prezentuje. Iggy to byłoby coś, myślę że by pasował do Kidda, tak jak teraz Chandler się wpasował w drużynę.
Dla mnie trzon drużyny to: Dirk, Kidd, Chandler i Marion. To co wczoraj zagrali, poprostu uwierzyłem że możemy wreszcie zajść do finału konferencji. Na LAL nie ma mocnych póki co, jak wróci Bynum to w PO będą miażdżyć, bo to co pokazują contenderzy w regularze to tylko gra wstępna, zwykłe nabijanie statsów.
I agree!They are strong only on paper

Co do Butlera musimy go wytransferować bo naprawde jego gra w tym sezonie jest rozczarowująca.Co do Terrego to z jego transferem bym sie wstrzymał jak dotąd gra świetnie rzuca ważne punkty w końcówkach jak np.z Bostonem z OKC i wczoraj z SA.Ja równierz czekam na Roddiego bo chłopak ma wielki potencjał myśle że +20pkt na mecz powinnen zdobywać ale zobaczymy na co go stać.Jeśli chcemy być mistrzowską drużyną to musimy mieć zawodnika pokroju Melo albo Iggiego.Mam nadzieje że szybko sprzedamy Butlera i zyskamy wartościowego zawodnika.A czy LA będzie wymiatać to nie jestem tego taki pewien.Myślę że na dzień dzisiejszy jesteśmy lepsi od LA a gdy nasze szeregi uzupełni Melo albo IGGY myślę że finał NBA jest jak najbardziej w zasięgu.

Last edited by 41mvp; 11-27-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #72
sefant77
Guru

Guys, exchange PMs or Skype nicks etc.

Here are 273 germans posting and they dont spam a thread in german.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-27-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #73
deamon
Golden Member

Ok, we just talked about this team need Melo or Iggy to be on LAL level, nothing personal. Since now only in english.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #74
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Ok, we just talked about this team need Melo or Iggy to be on LAL level, nothing personal. Since now only in english.
So what you think who will be better Melo or Iggy?

Old 11-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #75
deamon
Golden Member

Definitely Melo, but it looks he wants to join with team from East.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #76
41mvp
Golden Member

Yes he wants join to NY or Bulls!!!You know I Don't see Melo and Nowitzki in one team.I think Iggy will be better.He can scores and his defence is on high level.Iggy in Dallas jersey I want see this!!!

Last edited by 41mvp; 11-27-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #77
2k mavs

2k mavs is infamous around these parts

iggy please
2k mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #78
mavs777
Diamond Member

im worried about Iggy's slow start this year and possibly nagging injury
Old 11-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #79
sefant77
Guru

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...ised_by_trade/

Quote:
I would love to stay in Philadelphia, but if I'm playing somewhere else, I definitely understand how that could happen. I know how the business works," Iguodala told FanHouse.

"You have to be prepared for anything in this league. And I am. It's one of the first things you learn when you get here. Guys get traded on draft night."

Iguodala, playing in his seventh season, has spent his entire career with the 76ers.

If Philadelphia fails to make the playoffs, it'll mark the fourth time in Iguodala's seven seasons. He has never advanced past the first round in the postseason.
No, he isnt a real Robin but he has tremendous defense and fastbreak skills that would definatly improve the Mavs.

Sixers can dump any contract not named Brand in the trade.

Too bad our biggest TE (Carroll 4.3 million) isnt big enough for Songaila or Kapono

Last edited by sefant77; 11-27-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #80
mavs777
Diamond Member

My worry with Iggy is long term, he is 28 which isn't old but his game isn't built for the long term, he relys so much on his athletisism, one serious knee injury or at about 30-31 I would expect his game to decline significantly