Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
My worry with Iggy is long term, he is 28 which isn't old but his game isn't built for the long term, he relys so much on his athletisism, one serious knee injury or at about 30-31 I would expect his game to decline significantly
He's only missed 6 games in a little over 6 seasons.

Durability is my last concern with Iggy.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #82
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Iggy has his 27th birthday in january and like Underdog said he is one of the ironmen in the league

Last edited by sefant77; 11-28-2010 at 12:51 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #83
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Looks like I was wrong about his injuries my bad, but I still stand by my other comment he relys on athletisism so much that I see a rapid decline in his early thirties once he gets a bit more miles on him
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #84
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Looks like I was wrong about his injuries my bad, but I still stand by my other comment he relys on athletisism so much that I see a rapid decline in his early thirties once he gets a bit more miles on him
...which would be exactly the time when his current contract expires, so that concern shouldn't be a problem as it relates to the idea of getting Iggy here now.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #85
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Iggy would be nice, combine him with Chandler, it's a solid 2-3 guys to help Dirk during the latter part of his career. Iggy's probably along the same lines of Chandler, sniffed a little success, has probably reach all the accolades he would get and is willing to do what it takes to win.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #86
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

DALLAS SENDS:
Terry
Butler
D. Jones
Haywood
2010 1st
2012 1st

PHILLY SENDS:
Iguodala
Brand
Nocioni

WHY FOR US: We clearly get the two best players in the deal (Iggy and Brand, who has played extremely well this year) and have a chance to compete today and tomorrow.

WHY FOR PHILLY: We take their three largest contracts and send them a starting center as well as two picks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #87
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
DALLAS SENDS:
Terry
Butler
D. Jones
Haywood
2010 1st
2012 1st

PHILLY SENDS:
Iguodala
Brand
Nocioni

WHY FOR US: We clearly get the two best players in the deal (Iggy and Brand, who has played extremely well this year) and have a chance to compete today and tomorrow.

WHY FOR PHILLY: We take their three largest contracts and send them a starting center as well as two picks.
I wouldn't do that deal. We'd lose way too much offensive firepower by giving away Butler AND Terry. Iggy's a decent scorer, but far from great and not worth both Jet and Caron. Butler/Stevenson/DoJo for Iggy/Nocioni works and sounds much better to me.

The only reason that would at least make me think about taking on Brand's contract would be if Haywood continued to play like crap as a result of not being a starter and the 76ers wanted his contract instead of Brand's. Then, and only then, I could see him included in any deal. In that case, however, Jet should never be included. Instead, it should look something like Butler/Haywood/Stevenson/Jones for Iggy/Brand. And no picks. Taking on their two biggest contracts is enough for a team that's going absolutely nowhere with those two contracts. We would give them the ultimate chance to rebuild.

Last edited by dalger; 11-29-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #88
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
The Deal: The Mavericks get Andre Iguodala, Jodie Meeks and Jason Kapono while the 76ers get Caron Butler, Dominique Jones and DeShawn Stevenson.

Why It Works For Philadelphia: Caron Butler is a great short-term replacement for Iguodala. Plus, he's on an expiring contract. If he doesn't work out for Philly, they can just let him walk at the end of the year.

DeShawn Stevenson is also on an expiring contract, and would be a suitable backup for rookie Evan Turner.

The real steal for Philadelphia is Dominique Jones. He has a lot of potential, and based on his play for Dallas in the preseason we know that he can be a decent scorer right now. He has two years left on his deal, which is the same as Jodie Meeks, who they'd essentially be swapping for him.

The 76ers lineup following this trade would likely read: Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Caron Butler, Elton Brand and Spencer Hawes.

Why It Works For Dallas: Iguodala turns back the clock on Dallas's title hopes by replacing the 30-year old Caron Butler with 26-year old Andre Iguodala.

Iggy would likely start at shooting guard, once again opening a spot in the starting lineup for Shawn Marion, and moving Jason Terry back to his role as sixth-man.

The Mavericks would feature one of the strongest defensive lineups in the NBA with Jason Kidd, Iguodala, Marion and Tyson Chandler all playing together.

Their bench would also feature strong role players in Jason Terry, Jose Barea, Roddy Beaubois, Jason Kapono and Brendan Haywood.

The Mavericks would take on Kapono, because they could use a back up for Shawn Marion. Jodie Meeks could potentially fill Dominique Jones' shoes.

The team's offense would still revolve around superstar Dirk Nowitzki. While Iguodala might not take a ton of pressure of Nowitzki, he's an upgrade over Butler in several ways. The 76ers may even ask for the Mavericks to include a draft pick as part of a deal like this.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...andre-iguodala

This was a very nice trade idea somebody came up with.

Iguodala, Meeks and Kapono for Butler, Jones and Stevenson is a trade I would do in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Thomas86; 11-29-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #89
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

How about Iggy/Nocioni/Battie for Haywood/Butler/Jones?

Philadelphia gets rid of two of its longer contracts, picks up a center (when it has none), an expiring contract and a prospect.

Dallas gets a good sized two/three, a three/four and a veteran back up center just in case Mahinni can't handle the workload.

A number of minor tweaks are available, 2nd round draft choices, Ajinca, etc.

Haywood probably can play long enough to be at least a reasonable back up center when Holiday and Wall are in their prime.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #90
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Sixers are ready to deal. Do we dare mess with the Chemistry?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...deal_iguodala/
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #91
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

If they want to trade him, Cuban should make a move.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #92
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
If they want to trade him, Cuban should make a move.
I don't think so!!!In last time Butler plays good basketball.I think probably Butler will be stay in Dallas.But who know,maybe I make mistake!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #93
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
I don't think so!!!In last time Butler plays good basketball.I think probably Butler will be stay in Dallas.But who know,maybe I make mistake!!!
You say Butler plays good basketball in last time.I don't think probably he will be continue this.Maybe Dallas will make trade who know!!!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #94
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
You say Butler plays good basketball in last time.I don't think probably he will be continue this.Maybe Dallas will make trade who know!!!
Butler scoars 13.7 PPG
Iggy scoars 14 PPG.
If you want see more dunks in Dallas choice is easy Iggy will be perfect.But if you want see jump shots Butler must stay in Dallas.Make your choice.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #95
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Butler scoars 13.7 PPG
Iggy scoars 14 PPG.
If you want see more dunks in Dallas choice is easy Iggy will be perfect.But if you want see jump shots Butler must stay in Dallas.Make your choice.
I think you also have to thing about:
- Is caron going to stay and get better. He already looks like he's lost big time hops...I'm thinking it's a quick descent.
- Iggy APG 5.4, Caron 1.5 This is what I want...

But I don't know his BBIQ or his handles...but his Assists per game would be huge imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #96
41mvp
Golden Member

Caron isn't allstar player right now.But I think he's solid player.Iggy also isn't allastar player.Caron for Iggy...This is difficult choice

Old 12-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #97
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #98
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get why any team should accept DJ over Roddy as a trade piece.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #99
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Even with Caron's recent turnaround and the relatively poor season Iggy's having, not to mention the contract disparities, I still think a trade with those two as the principles is worth exploring. No reason for either side to rush, though. From Philly's perspective a good stretch from Iggy could boost interest in him around the league, and excepting an injury interest in him should at least remain stable up to the deadline. For Dallas they still have to see what they're going to be able to get from Booby, health-wise and in terms of how he fits into a rotation that's found a nice groove and plentiful success without him.

I am curious what sort of competition there will end up being in the trade market for him, and also how much salary considerations (willingness of trade partner to take on Nocioni, for example) will figure into the Sixers' eventual decision.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #100
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sixers Shopping Igoudala

For the better part of the first five weeks of the season, Philadelphia 76ers forward Andre Iguodala has been linked to trade rumors, and for good reason. Iguodala's situation in Philly is past-cliche at this point: semi-star makes more than $10 million a year, his team still loses, it makes more sense for both parties to part ways rather than continue in expensive mediocrity.

While Iguodala has been publicly mum, word started to slip out back in October that he was open to a change of venue. On Sunday, comes word that the Cleveland Cavaliers may be a player in the Iguodala trade market, according to MorningJournal.com.

League sources indicate the Philadelphia 76ers are attempting to trade guard/forward Andre Iguodala.

There is no active dialogue between the Sixers and Cavs right now, but a source said it was one to keep your eye on ... He would fit nicely into the Cavs’ $14.5 million trade exception.
That trade exception, of course, was created by the departure of LeBron James to the Miami Heat this summer. That departure left the Cavs without a credible shot-creator and point-scorer on the wing, and without much reason for fans to continue to purchase tickets. Iguodala would fix those problems, and his price tag would like be worth it to Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who is desperate for relevancy after getting humiliated (and humiliating himself) this past summer.

The trade exception would be a nice flexibility play for the Sixers, but the price for Iguodala would likely be much higher. A draft pick and a young prospect, at the very least.

One hold up to any Iguodala trade, however, is the uncertain development of Evan Turner. If Turner, the 2010 NBA Draft's No. 2 overall selection, can show he is a legit NBA player by the trade deadline, then moving Iguodala becomes significantly easier. If he's still the nerdtastic and inconsistent player he's shown himself to be so far, parting with Iguodala would set Philadelphia on an even more serious downward spiral.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/26236855

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 12-05-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #101
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Cuban wont trade Roddy.

But the way we are running right now i have my doubts how hard he would push for a trade like Iggy+Williams for Butler/Stevenson/Jones/picks...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #102
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like they're shopping him but they're using the cloak of "speculating" to keep things open. I read a report saying they're just getting a gauge of what his value would be to determine if it's worth pursuing a trade.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #103
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

As much as I like Iggy and the overall package he brings, I think we need to see what this team looks like with a healthy Roddy in the rotation. This team is playing so well, and they're gelling so nicely as a team that making a change right now doesn't seem needed.

I just want Roddy back.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 12-06-2010 at 01:30 AM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #104
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

i'd say if the opportunity arises- and the price is right, they should do it. Caron's value is diminishing even though he's playing better. he's clearly on the downside. seems like the guys who are getting obscenely overvalued as free-agents are PF types- Gooden, Amir Johnson, etc... though im sure there are a few outliers(ben gordon ) i suppose there is the possibility of a sign and trade somewhere. don't see Butler as a guy we'd try and re-sign. he's never really fit.

Iggy on the other hand could really benefit from a trade to a contender. his game and effort would ramp up a notch, presumably. he was pretty sick a couple years back in the playoffs- really stepped up.

he's a better passer, rebounder, defender, ball handler, finisher on the break, moves better w/out the ball and gets to the free-throw line more. he can even help mitigate some of the back-up point guard issues at times. Iggy is more versatile both offensively and defensively. he's also younger and more athletic which never hurts.

Caron seems like a great guy(even though there were some flashes of ego and denial earlier this year during a horrible stretch for him) but i don't see how swapping him for Iggy kills chemistry. this team's defense already looks stellar and the swap would only make that end even better.

Caron's the kind of guy that can catch fire and carry a team for a quarter, plays pretty good on ball defense. but he's a ball stopper;can no longer finish at the rim or on the break;isn't a good ball handler and needs lots of shots to be effective; he doesnt create for others and his rebounding and free throw shooting are even down. he's more of a 6th man but acts like a starter.

Iggy can impact a game w/out dominating the ball and would create more opportunities at the rim(both for himself (5.8 assists per last year!) and others) which, even with a healthy Roddy, this team could use.

Cp's not going anywhere.Melo brings baggage and costs us Roddy. Iggy's just right.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
i'd say if the opportunity arises- and the price is right, they should do it. Caron's value is diminishing even though he's playing better. he's clearly on the downside. seems like the guys who are getting obscenely overvalued as free-agents are PF types- Gooden, Amir Johnson, etc... though im sure there are a few outliers(ben gordon ) i suppose there is the possibility of a sign and trade somewhere. don't see Butler as a guy we'd try and re-sign. he's never really fit.

Iggy on the other hand could really benefit from a trade to a contender. his game and effort would ramp up a notch, presumably. he was pretty sick a couple years back in the playoffs- really stepped up.

he's a better passer, rebounder, defender, ball handler, finisher on the break, moves better w/out the ball and gets to the free-throw line more. he can even help mitigate some of the back-up point guard issues at times. Iggy is more versatile both offensively and defensively. he's also younger and more athletic which never hurts.

Caron seems like a great guy(even though there were some flashes of ego and denial earlier this year during a horrible stretch for him) but i don't see how swapping him for Iggy kills chemistry. this team's defense already looks stellar and the swap would only make that end even better.

Caron's the kind of guy that can catch fire and carry a team for a quarter, plays pretty good on ball defense. but he's a ball stopper;can no longer finish at the rim or on the break;isn't a good ball handler and needs lots of shots to be effective; he doesnt create for others and his rebounding and free throw shooting are even down. he's more of a 6th man but acts like a starter.

Iggy can impact a game w/out dominating the ball and would create more opportunities at the rim(both for himself (5.8 assists per last year!) and others) which, even with a healthy Roddy, this team could use.

Cp's not going anywhere.Melo brings baggage and costs us Roddy. Iggy's just right.
Ian Mahinmi, what you think?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #106
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Ian Mahinmi, what you think?
Sold!

i have a feeling they'll hold the line at needing a 1st round pick.
Butler, DeShawn, 1st rd. pick and maybe Dojo for Iggy/Nocioni?
pretty fair swap, actually. they save a TON of money by getting under the cap.

Cleveland has the trade exception and higher 1st rounder but i'm not sure they'd part with what may turn out to be a lottery pick.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #107
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Sold!

i have a feeling they'll hold the line at needing a 1st round pick.
Butler, DeShawn, 1st rd. pick and maybe Dojo for Iggy/Nocioni?
pretty fair swap, actually. they save a TON of money by getting under the cap.

Cleveland has the trade exception and higher 1st rounder but i'm not sure they'd part with what may turn out to be a lottery pick.
I want to keep him...

I dout the 76ers would want DoJo but you never know.

Last edited by Thomas86; 12-06-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #108
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Trade Butler for Iggy, but please don't use Roddy in this deal.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #109
sefant77
Guru

I also dont think Iggy would kill the chemistry. Iggys only weakness is a shaky jumper but lets be honest Butler is also far away from a kickass midrange game.

In every other category Iggy holds an advantage:
defending
passing
transition
slashing/getting to the line (another step away from "do or die with the jumpshot")
durability
Another thing is contract&age. Iggy has 4 years left, so at the end of our Dirk window he is "just" 31. If he keep Butler, Cuban wont let him just walk. He will get a Marion type deal. 4-5 years running until he is 35. That means in the 2nd half of Dirks extension we are REALLY old, almost every key guy except Chandler/Roddy being 33 or older.

Paul will stay in NO this season and Carmella would cost us Roddy, Butler and maybe even Chandler (for Anthony/Smith/Anderson).

Yes, Iggy isnt the scoring robin but that would be kind of just Carmella anyway. But we would have three different robins to step up: the shooter Terry, the slasher Iggy and Roddy that is able to do both.

So even with our run i do the deal (of course without Roddy or Chandler). Our defense cant get worse and i dont see how Iggy would be overall worse than Butler.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-06-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #110
sefant77
Guru

If we throw in Stevenson we could send with cash for the buyout and sign him later with parts of our MLE.

I doubt the Sixers have any use for him during the tanking season after the Iggy trade.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #111
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I also dont think Iggy would kill the chemistry. Iggys only weakness is a shaky jumper but lets be honest Butler is also far away from a kickass midrange game.

In every other category Iggy holds an advantage:
defending
passing
transition
slashing/getting to the line (another step away from "do or die with the jumpshot")
durability
Another thing is contract&age. Iggy has 4 years left, so at the end of our Dirk window he is "just" 31. If he keep Butler, Cuban wont let him just walk. He will get a Marion type deal. 4-5 years running until he is 35. That means in the 2nd half of Dirks extension we are REALLY old, almost every guy key except Chandler/Roddy being 33 or older.

Yes, Iggy isnt the scoring robin but that would be kind of just Carmella anyway. But we would have three different robins to step up: the shooter Terry, the slasher Iggy and Roddy that is able to do both.

So even with our run i do the deal (of course without Roddy or Chandler). Our defense cant get worse and i dont see how Iggy would be overall worse than Butler.
Pretty much agree on all of this. If we decide to keep Caron past the February deadline, he'll probably sign a Marion-like deal and remain an aging and declining Maverick for years to come, even though all of that is hard to foresee due to the new CBA.

It seems to me that Iggy could be the final step we need after acquiring Chandler and building up Roddy to make us a legitimate contender that's not a clear-cut underdog against the Lakers or Celtics.

However, I'm not under the impression that our FO is really going for anything since we've played great ball so far and the team's chemistry is apparently off the charts. Of course, I could be dead wrong on this.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #112
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Lord please let Iggy become a Maverick... The defense, rebounding, passing, slashing, etc would ALL improve.

A lineup with Roddy would be super sexy (Jet as 6th man as usual and Marion off the bench):

Kidd
Roddy
Iggy
Dirk
Chandler

I would also suggest we play Roddy minutes without Kidd where possible with him manning the 1 offensively so that you can see if he could be your PG of the future. If he can, TERRIFIC, as then you have the following for the future a year and a half from now:

Roddy
Iggy
____ (Marion maybe, but unlikely he is still here)
Dirk
Chandler

If he can't, the following:

_____ (Dojo maybe, or did he leave for Iggy?)
Roddy
Iggy
Dirk
Chandler

Either way there are a lot of options. Even if it turns out Roddy doesn't have what it takes to start for us this year (and even potentially in the future) you have him as a spark plug with Terry off of the bench and you can move Iggy to the 2 with Kidd and have Marion start at the 3. Again, a lot of options.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it unlikely that Marion is still here a year and a half from now?

And I can not support playing Roddy at PG this season after seeing the summer league. I still think he will be able to do it eventually, but it's going to take more time than we have right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #114
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Why is it unlikely that Marion is still here a year and a half from now?

And I can not support playing Roddy at PG this season after seeing the summer league. I still think he will be able to do it eventually, but it's going to take more time than we have right now.
Ability... But the real reason I was suggesting that I was wrong about (just looked on HoopsHype.com). I thought he had 1 more year remaining after Kidd's contract ended but he has 2. I assumed he would be a good trade asset beginning that year but he is ours for this year and 2 more as things look now (maybe all 4).

And yeah, that is why the TERRIFIC (i.e. a PLUS not expected) as I don't see it either. Keep in mind that was suggested 1.5 years from now as well, not NOW. I said get him some burn NOW, but I don't see him being tremendous in that role immediately by any means.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-06-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #115
41mvp
Golden Member

hey you know I think Iggy topic is close.He probably will go to Cavs.But we never give up. if we want him,we must start negotiations now.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #116
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

It will be unfortunate for both the Cavs and for Iggy if he goes there. He can't be a number 1 guy. He doesn't have those abilities. I think they will expect too much of him and he will be considered a failure. Iggy is not Batman, but he is a damn fine Robin.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #117
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
It will be unfortunate for both the Cavs and for Iggy if he goes there. He can't be a number 1 guy. He doesn't have those abilities. I think they will expect too much of him and he will be considered a failure. Iggy is not Batman, but he is a damn fine Robin.
Yes you have right.He can't be number!In Dallas we have leader his name is Dirk Nowitzki.He will be number 2 in ours team.If he will be happy in Dallas?I think Yes.We need damn fine Robin.So far we have Caron Butler.And he is disappointment so far.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #118
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I have to agree with you. He didn't look like he had any instincts to play that position.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #119
dalger
Golden Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Iggy eventually landed elsewhere. It doesn't look like we want him badly and, contrary to prior years, it's not that we desperately need to do something to be able to compete with certain top teams. Iggy's probably the best player available and there seem to be a lot of trade exceptions and expiring contracts out there to make a deal happen, so I don't expect us to be the frontrunners.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #120
sefant77
Guru

Well, our advantage is that Butler still has some re-sign or S&T value for the Sixers compared to the dead corpses of Peja, Jeffries/Battier etc.