Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 03-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #41
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Lol that was a quick ban.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Cad.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #43
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Respect, moderators.

I know moderating isn't an easy task (like being a ref) but some things are more black and white than others. Things like harassment and derogatory language.

It's a pretty thankless gig so thank you for trying to make this a place where people can come to take a break from the real world and talk ball. This place has gotten me through a dull afternoon more than once and I think better basketball analysis, opinions and discussions are more likely to come out without those negative forces.

Again, thanks.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #44
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

What the hell have I missed?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #45
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Lol that was a quick ban.
Is this a bit?
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #46
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Why would that be a bit?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #47
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I don't hear racist language and insults in the real world. Making racist epithets online isn't any less significant though.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #48
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Why would that be a bit?
On most sites outside of those frequented by neo-Nazis, racial slurs and accusations as to one's sexual preference are most certainly ban-worthy, and in short order. I saw the quotes and they were pathetic, ugly, and shameful. If this were the first time for it, I would agree that the ban was quick. But this wasn't the first time. Even after his first ban, he was antagonizing the mods right out of the gate.

At some point, there aren't any cheeks left to turn, and when one poster's pathology is allowed to fester long enough, and to the detriment of several members, a lack of action becomes complicity. I don't envy the fine line our mods have to walk at all. To equate any comments that they have made to Cadbane with the comments Cadbane sent to rabbitproof is a complete and utter joke. Any defense, whatsoever, of those comments is shameful. If you didn't read what he originally posted, my advice would be to just move along. Reading them certainly didn't add anything of benefit to my life.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
On most sites outside of those frequented by neo-Nazis, racial slurs and accusations as to one's sexual preference are most certainly ban-worthy, and in short order. I saw the quotes and they were pathetic, ugly, and shameful. If this were the first time for it, I would agree that the ban was quick. But this wasn't the first time. Even after his first ban, he was antagonizing the mods right out of the gate.

At some point, there aren't any cheeks left to turn, and when one poster's pathology is allowed to fester long enough, and to the detriment of several members, a lack of action becomes complicity. I don't envy the fine line our mods have to walk at all. To equate any comments that they have made to Cadbane with the comments Cadbane sent to rabbitproof is a complete and utter joke. Any defense, whatsoever, of those comments is shameful. If you didn't read what he originally posted, my advice would be to just move along. Reading them certainly didn't add anything of benefit to my life.
Um, I think when he said, "that was a quick ban," he was talking about how one of Cadbane's new profiles disappeared quickly, but you wouldn't have noticed because his comments were also removed...

Hope that clears up the confusion.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #50
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Um, I think when he said, "that was a quick ban," he was talking about how one of Cadbane's new profiles disappeared quickly, but you wouldn't have noticed because his comments were also removed...

Hope that clears up the confusion.
Yeah, the memory hole temporarily swallowed up some of this thread, not that that isn't understandable.

So, MavsFTR, I apologize for not understanding what the hell was going on. Reading a few posts citing hypocrisy from the mods cheesed me off a bit, and I thought you were referring to Cadbane's initial ban (this time). My bad, man.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #51
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you sure he didn't mean to say, "stupid lucky goof," and just hit a series of typos?

My vote is on "fool of a f*cking took!"

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm probably wasting my time responding to this but:

1. Cad had been banned multiple times in the past for very excessive language pointed at another poster.

2. What he did this time has only been seen by a handful of people on the site, and I assure you that no one would describe is simply "colorful" and claim it was for the betterment of the site. It was excessive, to say the least.
Yes, you are wasting your time. I was being extremely sarcastic. Of course what he said was ban worthy....I tried to make the sarcasm stick out like a sore thumb, but I suppose I should work on it a little bit.

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-23-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #53
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Are you sure he didn't mean to say, "stupid lucky goof," and just hit a series of typos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
My vote is on "fool of a f*cking took!"
ok... i laughed
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yes, you are wasting your time. I was being extremely sarcastic. Of course what he said was ban worthy....I tried to make the sarcasm stick out like a sore thumb, but I suppose I should work on it a little bit.
You should've used a more sarcastic font...

Old 03-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You should've used a more sarcastic font...
What good is sarcasm if the person reading doesn't figure out that it's sarcasm on their own?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize others had seen what he said. Was it posted during the arguing? I was out that night and didn't read everything when I got back on.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
This surely is unacceptable.

This is all I've seen.. I'm sure that's enough on my end to support the men and women in blue here on this site.

Regardless, I know how cadbane behaves. I didn't need to see what was said to trust that he deserved a banning..
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I didn't realize Rabbit had posted that. I must have skimmed right past it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-23-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #59
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I went to give Cad rep just a few minutes ago and noticed his little blue check mark was gone. Looked over to the side and saw banned. Decided to look into it and I see this mess. What was said by him definitely went over the top, even for my standards.

Crazy...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

BTW, the Mods can see (and edit) reputation that's been left, so if you ever need to lodge a complaint, you don't have to go to the trouble of a screenshot.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #61
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW, the Mods can see (and edit) reputation that's been left, so if you ever need to lodge a complaint, you don't have to go to the trouble of a screenshot.
Certainly adds emphasis though, doesn't it...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #62
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Certainly adds emphasis though, doesn't it...
It does, and I don't have an issue with Rabbit posting it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #63
Underdog

Quote:
I don't want to speak for Rabbit, but I think that screenshot was for the whole site to see, not just the mods...

I know it definitely impacted MY opinion on the matter (not that my opinion matters) - those were some ugly words to read, and there's very little room for debate about what was said with a screenshot.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #64
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I don't want to speak for Rabbit, but I think that screenshot was for the whole site to see, not just the mods...

I know it definitely impacted MY opinion on the matter (not that my opinion matters) - those were some ugly words to read, and there's very little room for debate about what was said with a screenshot.
I know. I just wanted everyone to know that if you ever have an issue like that you can just fire off a PM to the mods and ask them to check the their rep and we can see it. Makes it simple.

And maybe I wanted to remind everyone that we can see the rep comments, so it's not this secretive way of insulting someone that some seem to think it is.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I know. I just wanted everyone to know that if you ever have an issue like that you can just fire off a PM to the mods and ask them to check the their rep and we can see it. Makes it simple.

And maybe I wanted to remind everyone that we can see the rep comments, so it's not this secretive way of insulting someone that some seem to think it is.
Who can we go to? We all know you're to lazy to do anything about it.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #66
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Who can we go to? We all know you're to lazy to do anything about it.
Very true. I recommend trying to find LoneStarRob.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #67
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:

agreed.

if not for THAT overthetop malice... i would've been on the side of: "characters add interest to the discussions" and been on the side of leaving him here, even if he was a tool.

but... that crossed some lines.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #68
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

I was more or less shocked and didn't know where to go with it or that mods could read rep. Hopefully it won't be necessary in the future.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #69
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
agreed.

if not for THAT overthetop malice... i would've been on the side of: "characters add interest to the discussions" and been on the side of leaving him here, even if he was a tool.

but... that crossed some lines.
Yeah, I've usually been on the same side but this was too much.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 03-23-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #70
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

Instead of having a list of 5-6 words that we can't say on the forum, we should probably adopt a rule to where we can only say 5-6 different words.. just to change things up.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It was pretty shocking to see Cad's rep to rabbit in actual print...but if it at all surprised anyone, then I guess you didn't know Cad all that well. Dude was always exploding on people.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It was pretty shocking to see Cad's rep to rabbit in actual print...but if it at all surprised anyone, then I guess you didn't know Cad all that well. Dude was always exploding on people.
Are you speaking from personal experience? If so, some things are better left in private...
Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #74
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Are you speaking from personal experience? If so, some things are better left in private...
LOL! Genius!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
If it happened to you, you'd want to tell someone about it, too.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #76
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

I'm actually glad you cleared that up Murphy. I couldn't detect for certain. Almost posted the NSIS.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #77
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

He's apparently going to all the powers-that-be on twitter

@CadBaneLives: @KhloeKardashian Khloe, I love you and Lammy! U should checkout http://dallas-mavs.com. Cowards are bashing Lammy! #freecadbane"

He's acting like this is his first ever offense. Hasn't he been banned before?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #78
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
He's apparently going to all the powers-that-be on twitter

@CadBaneLives: @KhloeKardashian Khloe, I love you and Lammy! U should checkout http://dallas-mavs.com. Cowards are bashing Lammy! #freecadbane"

He's acting like this is his first ever offense. Hasn't he been banned before?
That twitter feed is.....strange.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #79
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

As anyone that has read the Lin thread knows (and some other previous threads), I've gone back and forth with Cad before. I'd be inclined to say that personalities like that can work when you're bored and want a debate.

BUT - what he said to rabbit was way way way out of line. And definitely ban-worthy.

Also, funny thing about Cad - he's the only person that has ever given me negative rep, and I had never neg-repped him before or anything (like he was paying me back). He just really seems to have no clue on how to interact with people. Wonder what he's like in real life.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #80
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Lol wow, that's pretty pathetic.

Tags
#freecadbane, cad dun got the banhammer, cad is whack, cad's gone. hallelujah!, cadbanned (again), departure of the quack!, eintracht, free cadbane, i say you he dead..., off the island, strike a million and one