Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts
Default Terrence Williams and JJ Hickson waived

Would you think it may be a good move for the Mavs to pick up one or the other for the remainder of the season?

Personally I think Hickson would be a great addition to come off the bench for Dirk and it would take pressure off Marion at the PF position.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Hickson signed with Golden State.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Hickson signed with Golden State.
I didn't know that. Well then I guess we should trade for Scalabrine then.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see us add T-Will as a low-risk, high-reward signing like Brewer last season. He is a guy that, if he bought in to a secondary role, could be a huge game changer for us. Offensively, he can do it all. It's really a shame that he's fallen off the face of the earth.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

T-Will was pretty amazing. He seemed like he had an excellent and effortless feel for the game even if he wasnt brightest guy in terms of BBIQ at Louisville. He had that freakish athleticism there, but unlike Gerald Wallace, he actually seemed to understand playing in a system.

I don't know where he's gone but he really had a "Lin" period where he was the future of the NBA. He was a defensive beast and an offensive nightmare but like Lin, his play fell off pretty precipitously. In the last couple years his defense has been messy and he lost all ability to hit anything but spot-up threes. Still, he's shown that he is capable of performing at the NBA level even if its only with a handful of really strong games.

I'd say of anyone, he's worth the biggest shot. 95% chance he doesn't perform, but if he can learn to D it up in our system and continues to hit the three at a high rate, then he'd be a solid guy to renew next season if Terry isn't back and/or we waive/stretch Carter for cap space. You can't teach height, length and athleticism and he certainly has both in spades. He also seems like a guy that really benefits from a more organized system. Our offense really isn't terribly structured-- particularly for the SG position, but its probably infinitely more advanced than Houston's because of the spacing that Dirk affords us and the ability to move off the ball that Kidd does. IMO the 15th roster spot should be reserved for red-shirters and potential. T-Will would fit that description to a T.

I'm not sure who we'd waive, but if his character checks out he'd be a good pickup because he's the guy with the highest potential available and plays two positions we may need most if Terry, Marion or Carter are cut/amnestied/traded etc.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-20-2012 at 05:15 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

All reports have been that the problem with Terrence is mainly between the ears, he is a headcase.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Hickson can't play defense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I always saw T-Will as a guy that had a pretty high basketball IQ, at least on offense... I think his struggles have been more about his attitude than his ability or willingness to play within a system. Seems like he'd have great point forward potential, based on what I've seen in the past. I'm not sure how his game would translate to a 10-15MPG role, but he's shown to be a versatile contributor when he's been given some rope.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Blazers claim Hickson off waivers
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
4DN1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
I didn't think he was picked up by Golden State but thats what everyone was saying
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DN1 View Post
I didn't think he was picked up by Golden State but thats what everyone was saying
Read that article that you just quoted:

Quote:
sources had said he intended on signing with the Warriors after he cleared waivers.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
4DN1
Banned

Quote:
Read that article that you just quoted:
I don't intend to read an article that has something to do with a pick up that didn't happen.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DN1 View Post
I don't intend to read an article that has something to do with a pick up that didn't happen.
Then have fun being ignorant...

Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #15
4DN1
Banned

Quote:
Then have fun being ignorant...
I find it hard to be ignorant on the internet but if you say so