Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts
Default Mitt Romney is one of the greatest and most irresponsible debt creators of all time

But what most voters don't know is the way Mitt Romney actually made his fortune: by borrowing vast sums of money that other people were forced to pay back. This is the plain, stark reality that has somehow eluded America's top political journalists for two consecutive presidential campaigns: Mitt Romney is one of the greatest and most irresponsible debt creators of all time. In the past few decades, in fact, Romney has piled more debt onto more unsuspecting companies, written more gigantic checks that other people have to cover, than perhaps all but a handful of people on planet Earth.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz25QzONrD8
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like him and Obama will get along. Now, if Mitt would just start aborting 3 year olds, him and Obama could be best friends.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Sounds like him and Obama will get along. Now, if Mitt would just start aborting 3 year olds, him and Obama could be best friends.
by definition a 3 year old can't be aborted.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I think it is weird that Conservatives are for "smaller government" yet they want to control what people do with their bodies and whether or not you can get married. One would think those would be conservative issues.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
by definition a 3 year old can't be aborted.
Hyperbole?... Ever heard of it?

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
I think it is weird that Conservatives are for "smaller government" yet they want to control what people do with their bodies and whether or not you can get married. One would think those would be conservative issues.
And liberals are against the death penalty but pro abortion? I'm not sure what the justification for that one is.. very..odd

I suppose I'm a buffet guy. Unfortunately, there's just not enough of us that are capable of actually wanting a little of this and wanting a little of that from both parties.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
SeanL

Quote:
Hyperbole?... Ever heard of it?
Conservatives want to lynch blacks and gays...
Old 09-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
SeanL

Quote:
And liberals are against the death penalty but pro abortion? I'm not sure what the justification for that one is.. very..odd

I suppose I'm a buffet guy. Unfortunately, there's just not enough of us that are capable of actually wanting a little of this and wanting a little of that from both parties.
A mass of cells that can neither think nor feel is not the same thing as a developed sentient human being. False equivalency.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

False in your opinion. In my opinion, it's someone just trying to justify murder. Awfully hypocritical.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-07-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Incest and rape say hi. That's why abortions can't be 100% illegal.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
SeanL

Quote:
False in your opinion. In my opinion, it's someone just trying to justify murder. Awfully hypocritical.
It is not an opinion. It is a fact that a mass of cells can't think or feel. You are allowed to have your own opinions, but you are not allowed to have your own facts.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is not an opinion. It is a fact that a mass of cells can't think or feel. You are allowed to have your own opinions, but you are not allowed to have your own facts.
Who isn't a mass of cells?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I guess 24 weeks involves just the aborting of a mass of cells. Maybe I should tell my boss that his daughter was just a mass of cells when born at 21 weeks and that she wasn't really alive and not capable of feeling. His daughter's 10 now.. I guess I'll bring it up to here next time we have a company outing..

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-08-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Who isn't a mass of cells?
Sorry... non-thinking, non-feeling mass of cells.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
SeanL

Quote:
I guess 24 weeks involves just the aborting of a mass of cells. Maybe I should tell my boss that his daughter was just a mass of cells when born at 21 weeks and that she wasn't really alive and not capable of feeling. His daughter's 10 now.. I guess I'll bring it up to here next time we have a company outing..
Actually Roe v. Wade says the government can restrict abortion beyond the first trimester, and 21 weeks is well beyond that. That is a strawman.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure 21 weeks is enough for a baby to survive. Might want to double-check that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'm not sure 21 weeks is enough for a baby to survive. Might want to double-check that.
The youngest premature birth on record is 21 weeks, 5 days.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
No reason to check that... Was almost 22 weeks. Actually, 22 weeks is sometimes considered the age of viability.. although you also see 23 and 24 weeks referred to as such. But, if you're 21 weeks 6 days.. or 6 and a half days.. not alot of difference between that and 22 weeks.

She was one of the youngest to ever survive. Amazingly enough, she really hasn't had any major issues other than vision related.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

The Wikipedia page needs to be updated...But I was incorrect. She was 22 weeks.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-10-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry... non-thinking, non-feeling mass of cells.

A non-thinking, non-feeling mass of cells can't think or feel? Wow, you're really profound.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
A non-thinking, non-feeling mass of cells can't think or feel? Wow, you're really profound.
You tried to equate the two. I drew a distinction.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

You didn't draw a distinction. You created a justification so that you can sleep better at night.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I can just picture Murph crying his eyes out every time he devours a piece of broccoli or fried chicken. God forbid someone serve him a scrambled egg!

Last edited by Ninkobei; 09-12-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

I just don't see the liberal disconnect.... So, you'll see your normal liberal woman fighting tooth and nail against the death penalty during the day only to turn around and shove a meat clever up her vagina to try and abort her 23 week old baby before she brushes her teeth to get ready for bed. A couple of days later, she'll birth the child into the a Wal-Mart bag and throw the baby into a dumpster for the birds to peck away at later in the landfill. It just seems a bit off.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
I just don't see the liberal disconnect.... So, you'll see your normal liberal woman fighting tooth and nail against the death penalty during the day only to turn around and shove a meat clever up her vagina to try and abort her 23 week old baby before she brushes her teeth to get ready for bed. A couple of days later, she'll birth the child into the a Wal-Mart bag and throw the baby into a dumpster for the birds to peck away at later in the landfill. It just seems a bit off.
What if you knew that your child was going to be born with Anencephaly, and would only have a week to live?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
SeanL

Quote:
You are mischaracterizing the position. Roe v. Wade only protects unrestricted abortions up to 12 weeks (first trimester). Not 23 weeks.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #27
SeanL

Quote:
You didn't draw a distinction. You created a justification so that you can sleep better at night.
One can think and feel, and the other can't. You don't see a distinction between an intelligent being and a vegetable? Oh wait you probably voted for Bush and Palin. Never mind...
Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Yes, I voted for Bush.. No, I did not vote for Palin. Yes, I voted for Clinton... What's your point?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
One can think and feel, and the other can't. You don't see a distinction between an intelligent being and a vegetable? Oh wait you probably voted for Bush and Palin. Never mind...
Not that I buy the think and feel stuff that your shoveling, but I really don't understand how making the distinction that developing unborn babies (no matter what age) can't think or feel is in any way a justification to make it ok to abort. By that line of thinking, Im guessing you cannot see the distinction that the act of aborting an unborn is nothing more than stealing away their opportunity to becoming a living, breathing, human being? Or are you against protecting that kind of opportunity for an innocent? pro-choice sounds alot like pro-murder to me.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #30
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...&dlvrit=206567

Quote:
Romney: Obama voters 'believe they are victims'

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney told a group of donors in a secretly taped video that 47% of Americans will vote for President Obama because they are "dependent upon government" and "believe that they are victims."

The video was obtained by the magazine Mother Jones, which said it came from a source who shot the video at a campaign fundraiser earlier this year. The magazine obscured all but Romney's head in the video, and did not say when or where it was shot.

In response to a question from a donor, the GOP presidential nominee appeared to write off half of the electorate:

"There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ...

"He starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Obama campaign manager Jim Messina called the comments "shocking."

"It's hard to serve as president for all Americans when you've disdainfully written off half the nation," Messina said in a statement.

The Romney campaign would not address the video directly, but said the former Massachusetts governor "wants to help all Americans struggling in the Obama economy."

"As the governor has made clear all year, he is concerned about the growing number of people who are dependent on the federal government, including the record number of people who are on food stamps, nearly one in six Americans in poverty, and the 23 million Americans who are struggling to find work," said Romney communications director Gail Gitcho.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #31
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

I was about to start a new thread. Glad I glanced through this one. Here's the video/audio of that quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnB0NZzl5HA

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 09-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
I was about to start a new thread. Glad I glanced through this one. Here's the video/audio of that quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnB0NZzl5HA
I dont see anything in that quote that isnt really true, except that there are probably a small amount of the 47% that truly take responsibility for themselves and would rather not be on the govt dole. I guess it remains to be seen if those will take offense or just realize that one would probably only take offense because the sting of rebuke is the truth. Those that are happy to be sucking from the teets of the taxpayers are those who BO is buying votes from by continuing to extort from those of us that pay income taxes.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Last edited by roadrunner; 09-17-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #33
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
I dont see anything in that quote that isnt really true, except that there are probably a small amount of the 47% that truly take responsibility for themselves and would rather not be on the govt dole. I guess it remains to be seen if those will take offense or just realize that one would probably only take offense because the sting of rebuke is the truth. Those that are happy to be sucking from the teets of the taxpayers are those who BO is buying votes from by continuing to extort from those of us that pay income taxes.
and those "sucking from the teets of the taxpayers" are living SO large... I'm just so envious that I would rather spend my time bitching about it from my white steed than actually thinking about what justification I have to judge someone based on stereotypical fluff from FOX News... Cry me a river because those teets are dry from my perspective.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 09-17-2012 at 09:42 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

I grew up dirt poor. There are so many people out there that have absolutely no problem with living off of the government. Hell, I have some of those people in my family. I find it absolutely disgusting. I don't have alot of problem with what Romney said. It would be nice if we could actually start addressing the issues instead of patting the "victims" on the head and tell them that "it's all right" and that "we'll take care of you" just so some freaking politician can win an election.

And when I say dirt poor..I'm talking about growing up in a trailer park.. living in a trailer that had huge holes in the floor..duct tape holding the shower together. My situation was different...my dad suffered an injury that left him with little feeling in his arms and legs due to a partially severed spinal cord. But he did what he could and we scraped by. There wasn't alot of the whole "victim" game..whereas our neighbors had as many children as they could to get the max out of state assistance... something like 13 kids and you didn't get any more welfare at that point..
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite sure you are right, about there being a number of people who are happy to live off the government dole. I am also entirely convinced that it's nowhere near 47%.

For as smart as Romney is supposed to be, and as good a manager as he is supposed to have been, he is sure running a moronic and inept campaign thus far.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #36
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm quite sure you are right, about there being a number of people who are happy to live off the government dole. I am also entirely convinced that it's nowhere near 47%.

For as smart as Romney is supposed to be, and as good a manager as he is supposed to have been, he is sure running a moronic and inept campaign thus far.
It's like Kerry, McCain, and Romney got together 15 years ago and made a wager on who could run the worst campaign ever. It's coming down to the wire.

What strikes me as kind of odd is that I see Mitt to be like the Republican answer to Kerry: he sees a situation that isn't quite working and seems to have an idea about how to fix it, but won't let us in. Which makes me think that neither really had/have a plan at all.

I'm really glad that Mitt won the primary though, because it gives us at least a few more months of Jason Sudeikis on SNL.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #37
roadrunner
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
and those "sucking from the teets of the taxpayers" are living SO large... I'm just so envious that I would rather spend my time bitching about it from my white steed than actually thinking about what justification I have to judge someone based on stereotypical fluff from FOX News... Cry me a river because those teets are dry from my perspective.
At what point in your rant are you going to realize that you have no idea where I came from and why I would come to that conclusion? I will give you a hint, I don't have a white steed and I come from a poor family. As for the heart of the matter, I stand by my statement. Like I said before, the sting of rebuke is the truth. I don't know your personal situation. But, if you are taking it personal as it sounds in your response, then I would certainly suggest that you are feeling nothing more than the sting of rebuke I mentioned in my last response.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
It's like Kerry, McCain, and Romney got together 15 years ago and made a wager on who could run the worst campaign ever. It's coming down to the wire.

What strikes me as kind of odd is that I see Mitt to be like the Republican answer to Kerry: he sees a situation that isn't quite working and seems to have an idea about how to fix it, but won't let us in. Which makes me think that neither really had/have a plan at all.

I'm really glad that Mitt won the primary though, because it gives us at least a few more months of Jason Sudeikis on SNL.
Hey, let's not leave Bush '00 out of this race. Strong, strong contender.

The top of the GOP ticket has been barren for most of our lifetimes.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #39
roadrunner
Golden Member

Quote:

What would you have him do Chum?

I am worried that he is not being an effective campaigner, but in his defense he is fighting a severe uphill battle to reach the electorate. He has to fight against free advertisements for the Democrats and BO 24/7 by their corrupt cheerleaders called the MSM which are out to destroy any Republican at any cost. Any gaffe or perceived gaffe by Romney and the Republicans are magnified and excoriated well beyond reason while any mention of the many of BO's shortcomings would nary be heard. No amount of money can overcome that disadvantage. He has to run an almost perfect campaign because the deck is stacked against him. There are some of us that don't care to watch the MSM and find ways to get our info from the internet or radio, but how much of the electorate is willing to do that? It seems to me that most still rely on the MSM for their info. I hope I am wrong.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

I think "MSM" is a myth. I don't think there is a mainstream media anymore. I can't remember the last time I watched an evening news program on the "Big Three," and I'm sure I'm not alone. I also haven't taken the paper, not for at least ten years. This is not to say I don't get my news, of course. I certainly get my news. But I get it where I want it. As does most everyone these days, I am sure.

In fact, that's another reason why I think the electorate is becoming more and more polarized the last few cycles, with the "undecideds" shrinking. We tend to seek out news/analysis that matches our dispositions. And there is plenty to be found, on both sides. It is really a rare, rare person that both A) cares deeply about politics, and B) is undecided. Most of the undecided vote is people who just don't really care a lot.

Tags
abortions for everyone!, alienjesusfrownsuponthee, fuck abortion