Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #121
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
The misrepresentation is when you act as if anyone believes sperm cells are also human lives.

Pro-life position: Life begins at conception/implantation.
Misrepresentation: Life may as well begin in the testes.

Pro-choice position: Life begins sometime in the second trimester.
Misrepresentation: One may as well abort at any time in the pregnancy.

In both cases, one side pushes their opponent's position further down the timeline than is actually represented. You have both committed the first distortion and resisted the second in this thread alone.

But they are the same issue. I'm not sure how much more clearly I can spell this out, it's not that complicated.
I never said that was anyone's position but mine. I believe life begins at the sperm stage. Reread what I wrote. It seems you misrepresented what I was saying.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #122
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Well it is a baby, just an under-developed one.
And a sperm is an underdeveloped baby. So I implore you, please stop masturbating. Every spluge is a holocaust of dead babies!

Last edited by SeanL; 10-04-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #123
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I think we all know what the other side believes. Pro-abortion... you're against taking responsibility for your actions.
I think it is interesting that pro-lifers think having a baby is a form of punishment. And why does a woman having sex purely for pleasure deserve to be punished? This is why pro-lifers are America's version of the Taliban.

Quote:
You're ok with murdering the innocent.
By law having an abortion is not murder. Nor does something that can neither think nor feel care whether you abort it or not, because... it can't think nor feel.

Quote:
Now what's really difficult to wrap your around is the pro-abortion crowd that's also anti-death penalty and members of PETA. Wow, there must be some heavy drug use going on around bed time. Otherwise, there would be no way that they could untangle their minds enough to get a good night's rest.
Because criminals are sentient. A fertilized egg isn't. In fact in our country a criminal has constitutional rights, whereas a fertilized egg doesn't.

Last edited by SeanL; 10-04-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #124
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think we all know what the other side believes. Pro-abortion... you're against taking responsibility for your actions. You're ok with murdering the innocent.

Those irresponsible rape victims just love taking the lazy route...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #125
SeanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
You're an idiot. Everyone with a brain knows that the woman's body just shuts down in a legitimate rape. If she is really not enjoying it she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. [/sarcasm]

Last edited by SeanL; 10-04-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #126
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I've been keeping up with this thread, it's quite entertaining. Murphy3's argument seems to get flimsier everytime he/she posts something nonsensical.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 10-04-2012 at 11:45 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #127
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think we all know what the other side believes. Pro-abortion... you're against taking responsibility for your actions.
I see where you are coming from, but there are two ways of looking at that. The other way involves perceiving the choice as taking a great, great deal of responsibility.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #128
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
And a sperm is an underdeveloped baby. So I implore you, please stop masturbating. Every spluge is a holocaust of dead babies!
Well that's just silly. If left alone a sperm will develop into an older sperm.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #129
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
I think it is interesting that pro-lifers think having a baby is a form of punishment. And why does a woman having sex purely for pleasure deserve to be punished? This is why pro-lifers are America's version of the Taliban.
A terrible analogy. Pro-lifers don't think that having a baby is punishment, if anyone does pro-abortionists do IMO. Babies are always a joy.

It is a life changing event however so I try to be understanding about where good people can make such a tough decision. But at the end of the day, the decision they are making is to kill a baby. The rest is rationalization.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #130
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I've been keeping up with this thread, it's quite entertaining. Murphy3's argument seems to get flimsier everytime he/she posts something nonsensical.
If you cannot make sense of it, that really doesn't say much for you. It's not a hard line of logic to follow.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #131
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obviously, when I made my comment, I should have clarified to account for the .05% that are outside the norm....
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #132
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Romney is one hell of a sociopath. It's hilarious that he's pretty much turned his campaign and policies 180 degrees to appeal to more voters. I guess he used all that campaign money on political advising, how to appeal to the mass majority, rather than attack ads.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #133
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
If you cannot make sense of it, that really doesn't say much for you. It's not a hard line of logic to follow.
Nope. The onus is on you to clearly and coherently express your point of view. When you claim the majority of people who undergo abortions are just trying to abscond their duties, you sound derisory.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #134
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Nope. The onus is on you to ...
You're supposed to say "anus."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #135
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obviously, when I made my comment, I should have clarified to account for the .05% that are outside the norm....
For one thing, I sincerely doubt that figure is accurate. And for another, that's a reason why it has to be legal.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #136
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
For one thing, I sincerely doubt that figure is accurate. And for another, that's a reason why it has to be legal.
It's probably less.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #137
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I just saw an Obama advertisement after the Packers game. What does the minute cost there ?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #138
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Wow. I just saw an Obama advertisement after the Packers game. What does the minute cost there ?
Obama has a lot of campaign raised money, which gets discounts on advertising and has much less restrictions than SuperPac funds.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #139
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
No it doesn't..
Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #140
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
No it doesn't..

Tell me then, what you would say to a rape victim that didn't want to spend the next 8 1/2 months being reminded of the event. Or a mother who will be at serious health risk if she goes forward with her pregnancy.

Please, enlighten me. Would you honestly say "Suck it up" or what?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #141
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Obama has a lot of campaign raised money, which gets discounts on advertising and has much less restrictions than SuperPac funds.
Yes, been watching the last 2 innings of the Yankees-Baltimore match last morning and the ad appeared there as well. I did not expect the Leagues to grant discounts on ads. Thanks for info.

Tags
abortions for everyone!, alienjesusfrownsuponthee, fuck abortion