Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-03-2001, 10:41 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i really don't know who i'll like best when agassi retires. i've been an agassi fan for about 13-14 years or so. besides him, i don't really care to watch alot of the players.
much prefer to play the sport.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2001, 10:48 AM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

right now, i like watching kuerten play, and safin is quite a player as well.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:54 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

oh, i know they are good players. i just don't know if i can enjoy watching them play as much as i've enjoyed watching andre play over the past 14 years
Old 07-03-2001, 05:26 PM   #4
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Now I see where you were coming from in that Sampras thread Murph.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 10:20 AM   #5
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

Too bad he lost ...
I like Agassi a lot ...
I guess he's more famous than MJ in Korea.
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 11:52 AM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

More famouse than MJ!?
Old 07-07-2001, 10:40 PM   #7
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

Yeah, definitely !!!!!
'Cause his name sounds pretty familiar to our people,
We call a chic "Ahgahssi" ... especially young and attractive one ...
and he'd played in Korea several times before ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 11:43 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I heard that he made some bad statements to some linesmen and even hit balls at them. Did he get in any sort of trouble for that?
Old 07-12-2001, 10:51 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

he didn't hit it hard, just in one ladies direction
the lady went and told the line judge that agassi had said a cuss word, barely even muttered it...herself and andre were the only two that could hear it.
well, he didn't appreciate her saying that to the judge in the chair...rafter even said that it was unprofessional for her to have done that...
well, after the match was over, agassi kinda hit a ball in her direction
he received a $2000 fine..but, i think the general consensus even among officials at Wimbledon was that the woman judge was definitely in the wrong in this case.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:28 AM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Man...that's a little hefty. They ball didn't even hit her?
Old 07-13-2001, 12:13 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

no, it didn't

well, $2000 to andre agassi is basically a drop in the bucket..not a big deal,
they had to give him some kind of small fine, but they weren't gonna do anything big because the wimbledon officials basically agreed with andre that the line judge acted very unprofessionally
Old 07-13-2001, 12:41 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you said it was a woman in the stands who went and told the line judge? Why do you think it's the line judge's fault?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 01:03 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

there was no reason for the line judge to say anything to the chair judge.
he muttered the word to himself, almost completely inaudible to anyone except himself
that's just not par for a line judge to run and tell the umpire that a player has inaudibly muttered a curse word that the line judge could either barely hear or could read andre's lips....
that's simply not how it ever works.
Old 07-13-2001, 01:11 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok..I thought the woman was just someone in attendance. Agassi shoulda smacked her.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 01:37 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

he should have broken a tennis racket over her head
Old 07-13-2001, 11:31 PM   #16
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Did anyone here the winner (I forgot his name) call one of the line judges a faggot in his post game interview?
Old 07-14-2001, 01:02 AM   #17
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Rafter should have won the finally, stoooopid Goran.
Old 07-14-2001, 09:51 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

didn't see it tiger..
but his name is goran ivaniesivic
Old 07-14-2001, 05:41 PM   #19
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Thanks...I saw it on Sports Center. They said that it wasn't his first time to say that word in an interview. It has the Gay and Lesbian group people in an uproar.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:20 AM   #20
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

...And, in an olfactory testimonial of one Croate's love for his fellow Croate, new Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic dedicated his victory to his late friend Drazen Petrovic, a rising NBA star called up to rain harm from the golden 3-point arc of paradise way before his time. The only problem is, one hour after the match, in the same figurative breath he made his touching announcement, Goran, to the gathered official Wimbledon news conference, proceeded to declare a particular lineswoman ugly and another linesman's appearance faggot-like. He said this before the press, before the stenographer, and even before the portrait of the freakin' QUEEN hanging on the wall!...

Full story at db.com of all places.