Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-24-2002, 05:01 AM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

just seeing if there is an overwhelming majority out there, please refrain from insulting and unfactual remarks, no sarcasim intended.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:04 AM   #2
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

I make 1.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see your thread so I started one in the Mav section.

I don't want to have him on the board anymore. He uses language that is uncomfortable to me. He brags about knowing people and expects us to believe him without any proof. And he can't post without insulting someone. He is everything I despise about the internet.

Kick him out before he starts a blowup.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

If he keeps it up (which we all know that to be true)...I say get rid of him.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:59 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering how everyone else feels about RCF. Personally, I'm ok with him as long as he watches his language (which doesn't seem to be happening) and contributes something worthwhile to the board.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:02 AM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Same as the DJBacklash comment, with the exception that DJ´s opinion is my reason to want LAClips fan out NOW
Old 01-24-2002, 10:07 AM   #7
Dark Sun

Dark Sun has a spectacular aura aboutDark Sun has a spectacular aura aboutDark Sun has a spectacular aura about

I would give him another chance because it's good to hear also different opinions. But he went quite a bit over the top and by the numerous reactions it shows that many people don't like the way he is stating his opinions and bashing others. If he wants others to respect his opinion then he also needs to respect others and treat them in a friendlier way. But if he continues like before, then I'd say: get rid of him.
Dark Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:25 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen enough, especially his tirade on the "Little Donnie Benches Dirk" Thread.

seriously, we've all been capable of taking shots at each other, but we don't resort to vulgarity or name-calling. just good-natured fun. he takes it too far. waaaaay too far.

plus i think my IQ drops every time I read one of his posts. please, for the sake of intelligent people everywhere, get rid of him.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:31 AM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well put BBL. I agree. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:38 AM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< seriously, we've all been capable of taking shots at each other, but we don't resort to vulgarity or name-calling. just good-natured fun. he takes it too far. waaaaay too far. >>

I think BBL hit the nail on the head. Occasionally calling someone a name or using vulgarity is OK, but RCF continually does it. I remember having a nasty fight with someone and there was a little bit of name calling [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but it was a one time thing and it was dropped. RCF calls anyone who disagrees with him an idiot, and he does it every time.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:41 AM   #11
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well being one of those members who was involved in the NASTY FIGHTS, I know a person can let their emotions get the best of them. HOWEVER, this dude does nothing but starts crap, get him out!!!!! (I feel bad saying that, but it's the truth)
Old 01-24-2002, 11:11 AM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If you think his remarks are stupid or inflamitory, just don't read his posts. Thats what I do.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:11 AM   #13
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Hate to say I told ya so...

Kick his ass to the ESPN boards, he'll fit in with most over there.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:13 AM   #14
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

yeah do whatever you want, the clippers still beat them either way u look at it. way to go fellas.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #15
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, bandwagoner.

He'll just come back with another name though.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:21 AM   #16
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

The four stages of RCF[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]as to what happened at LMF)

1. Join forum stage: Begin by introducing himself/herself as a knowledgeable person related to Mavs things. Tries to start off friendly, forum regulars welcome him, then he/she gently sucks you into his/her side....

2. Starts obviously controversial topics stage: Begins to batter Dirk, then begins to compare Dirk to his/her favorite player Lamar Odom and how he is much better than Dirk. If stats and truth blow him away, he starts picking on other players to compare to Dirk: Garnett, etc. I have not problem with this topic, and enjoy discussing it, however replies are usually full of expetives and upper case letters!

3. Banning stage: Forum regulars begin to get on moderator to ban him/her. RCF then begins to sign on with other user names and supports RCF. RCF goes into tirade about how he can go around bans, etc. Forum regulars accuse other aliases of being RCF, and he replies that he is the most knowledgeable person regarding computers and vows that his aliases are not him.

4. Once banned, he/whe lets of in a temper tantrum and tries to sabotage forum by multiple posts. One advantage of this forum, is that it has a password system and posts/threads can be deleted or restored. I'm curious as to how he can sabotage this board.

I don't particularly care if he/she is banned or not. I don't particularly believe this person truly believes most what they write. I think this person simply enjoys the attention. It is difficult to ignore, but it can be done. I will have to say, as much energy that is spent by him/her to disupt a board, that energy could be used to actually come up with good topics/discussions. I have seen few good topics/arguments come from this person, however the effort is discredited once the vitriol comes out.

Old 01-24-2002, 11:31 AM   #17
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

DJ, I respected your choice to let rcf start here with a clean slate and a new chance but his inability to maintain a polite, much less a coherent discussion is dragging down the tone of this board. Your moderators have warned him multiple times to tone down the language and personal insults and it has gone completely over his head. I personally think he should be banned before he starts to drive good contributors from the board just because they don't want to waste their time reading 'Dude, you're a f'ing loser!'
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:36 AM   #18
realclipsfan
Banned

HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS EVER, I MEAN JUST ONCE THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY TO ME? I DIDN'T THINK SO, HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER LOOKED AT THE POST BEFORE MINE? I DIDN'T THINK SO, THIS IS BASICALLY 1 OF THOSE THINGS WHERE SOME OF YOU GUYS TRY TO DISH IT OUT BUT WHEN I DEFEND MYSELF I AM WRONG? THAT'S A DOUBLE STANDARD, AND IS WRONG. DO NOT TRY AND DISH IT IF YOU CANNOT TAKE IT, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. ALL OF YOU JUST GO BACK AND READ THE POSTS BEFORE ME AND HOW I AM BASICALLY CALLED OUT AND CHALLENGED.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:09 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand you trying to defend yourself in situations when people call you out or whatever..but if you look at half the threads, you're the one who starts shit most of the time. You can't seem to post a reply without including a &quot;you idiot&quot; or some other deragatory remark - even when the person you're replying to hasn't said a damn thing to you. Defending yourself is one thing, but constantly flinging out insults even when you haven't been attacked is another.

I could care less about all the anti-Dirk or pro-Clips threads you post. This is a msg board, after all, for all opinions. But the personal attacks have got to stop! If someone says something you deem offensive, IGNORE IT. It's that simple. Then maybe people will start to respect, or at least listen, to what you have to say. You should know by now that when you start talking smack, the insults start to fly back and forth. I don't like banning people, but I'm definitely not opposed to it. This is your last warning.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:19 PM   #20
realclipsfan
Banned

DJ it's obvious people listen to what I say, if they did not I wouldn't have all this attn directed at me. People do not have to respect me, as long as I respect myself I am cool. I guarantee over half the threads people provoked and insulted me 1st, and this I know for a fact. I am merely defending myself but I am the 1 called out on the whole board. You said in the post yourself that half the threads it's me, so what about the other half???? Why aren't those people insulting me called out?? Hmmmmm kind of makes you wonder, wouldn't you think?
Old 01-24-2002, 12:21 PM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

In all seriousness RCF, listen.. One thing I do notice is you take ANYTHING someone says to you so personal you erupt. If we all did that, hell we all would have been banned from the board a long time ago. This board is not a love fest board, we've all had our arguments and believe me if you were here last year you would KNOW, there were some pretty heated discussions that went on and they will continue to go on.

However what we've all learned is, it's ok to disagree, but it's another thing to constantly curse and just tell someone they're a loser because they don't agree with your opinion. For instance, Murph and myself probably disagree on 85% of what we post and he tries he best to get under my skin at times, but it's all good. We're stating our opinions and when it's basketball related it OK. It's ok if he doesn't agree with me and I don't agree with him. It's ok if he thinks he's a god send to this board [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the same way you think it's cool you know all the players. My point in saying this is I guess if DJ, Rob and Dallamav are giving you another chance, just take these things into consideration. No one is asking you to change your opinions or who you are, but tone down the namecalling and cursing and try to keep talking basketball topics. Believe it or not, there have been one or two posts that you've made that seemed like you thought about what you said before you wrote it. Granted, I completely disagreed with it, but it wasn't your typical yelling posts. Maybe if people saw more posts like that, it would be tolerable to have you here.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:28 PM   #22
realclipsfan
Banned

It's just that, every post I make people come up with something to bash me about it. We all know that, take a look at all the posts I've started and look to see how they went off subject because of someone always starting crap. People on here debate each other without calling names, but when I step in and try to debate I am immediately bashed. Why is this?? Yeah I thought so, so don't dish it if you can't take it and that's not directed at you Kid. That's to anyone, cause just about everyone on this board has tried to bash me somehow, and I mean everyone.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:33 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

They only come out and bash you every chance they get because that's what you've been doing to everyone else here - repeatedly - since day 1. I think you're the one who can dish it out but can't take it. You've already developed a negative rep here, so people are going to jump all over you every chance you give them. But if you keep the discussions on topic, and don't take everything so personally, then there's no reason why you wouldn't fit in.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:38 PM   #24
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well I wouldn't take that personal and I don't think anyone else would. Believe me RCF, you are not the only who takes a bashing here. People do it all the time and I guess because you haven't been here that long, it doesn't have to be something major to recognize.. Because some of us have been posters for a while and have had our arguments a while ago, all it takes is a little something to hit a person low. For instance, if someone says, &quot;Fin needs to be traded.&quot; Everyone knows how much MavsFin and myself are Fin fans so that's just as much as saying F%#@ you to the two of us. Everyone knows that, however that's someone else's opinion and it would do this board or no one else any good for us to get all defensive.. The best way to come back is to state our opinion of why we think it's a bad idea, that's how the discussions start.... The discussions doesn't always go as you like them but if they're good discussions, they're always good for the board.

Another thing, people will get sarcastic, but that's fine too. Believe me, people on this board CAN TAKE it too. I can honestly say for anyone who still posts here they can take anything anyone dishes out... There was a point last year where everyone (atleast what I thought) was against me, but I stuck it out and I feel I add a lot to this board.. Now if you can't understand what I'm saying, time will tell. However I've taken this time to tell you because it would suck if you got booted from this board IF YOU have something to add to it. This board has been pretty entertaining for me for about the past year I've been posting here as I'm sure it has been for other people. So I'm sure NO ONE is going to allow it to be brought down.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #25
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I agree with you Kid..

Everybody ripped me on my Knicks trade proposal, but it just makes me go right back to the drawing board to find a way to improve the Mavs roster...he!he!

But your right, this is to much of a quality forum to be run down by this and future incidents.

OHH I was lurking at other Maverick forums..and it seems they have caught on to the &quot;lets ban RCF&quot; debate we are having here.

They said we would be in there thoughts and prayers...Pretty funny!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 01:05 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

&lt;&lt; Hey idiot who in the fuck said something about team offensive rebounds?? damn you are an complete idiot, i am sorry rob,dj but he had it coming. &gt;&gt;

I responded to one of your posts and said your opinion on offensive rebounds was foolish. I called your opinion foolish - not you. That is NOT a personal attack. Calling me a complete idiot in a response that was full of profanity IS a personal attack.

Guys - he doesn't understand the difference. That's why he should be banned.

Old 01-24-2002, 01:57 PM   #27
realclipsfan
Banned

you guys seriously dont get it, so do whatever you want. i do not care anymore
Old 01-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #28
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

That's right RCF. Everybody on two different boards 'doesn't get it'. You are the only person who gets it, and everybody else is mistaken. If you could even begin to understand why that makes you sound like a net-kook, then there might be some hope that you weren't one.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:18 PM   #29
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Seems anything RFC posts gets multiple replies that just aren't any better than his.

Why don't you all just stop replying to his posts. If you are convinced that he has nothing to say, just stop reading his posts. Skip over them. It's easy.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:25 PM   #30
realclipsfan
Banned

Nah I just dont get how DJ just said that half the threads it's me, then said I just come out and bash people. Ummmm what happened to the other half when people starts the bashing?? I can damn sure take the bashing but when I get ready to dish it back out do not run to the moderators on this board and complain about something you just done to me. That's the big thing there, they want to hang with the big boys but when shit gets rough they're ready to cry and run to the police on this board.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:40 PM   #31
LandoCaly

LandoCaly is on a distinguished road

I've been lurking here for sometime now, but I had to make this my first post.

Realclipsfan (alias realmavsfan, alias CeeGee, alias G T) is a board destroyer, for all of you who haven't figured that out yet. This goes all the way, way back to his first posts on the LMF board, in which he declared that &quot;Dirk's sudden improvement is temporary. It's Trent's job and he should get it back.&quot; But again, it's never his opinion that's the problem, it's the name-calling, the racist comments (Wang), and the profanity.

Please ban him, but be warned that he will try to make new accounts and continue to harass this board anyway (as evidenced on the LMF board). You may need to suspend all new account creation (if possible) until the silliness dies down.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:54 PM   #32
realclipsfan
Banned

just another guy with multiple accounts trying to get me off of this board, lmaooooooooooo what a guy. they want me off so bad, this is how low they will stoop.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:56 PM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

not to be nitpicky, but do you realize when you type &quot;lmaooooooooooo&quot; that means &quot;laugh my A$$ off off off off off off off off off off off&quot;

that has bothered me.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:01 PM   #34
realclipsfan
Banned

who cares what bothers you bbloser?
Old 01-24-2002, 03:06 PM   #35
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, RCF, i'm just trying to help you seem a bit more intelligent. forgive me for the charity.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:09 PM   #36
realclipsfan
Banned

yea thanks but no thanks. i can stand on my own 2 ft. it's obvious you guys think you can intimidate me, but it's not going to happen no way no how.i dont need charity
Old 01-24-2002, 03:27 PM   #37
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

RCF, no one's trying to intimidate you. There's no fight for supremacy on the board. All they want is a little civility, and, if banning you is the only way they can achieve it, they're willing to take that step. So please, stop fighting, don't take every opinion personally, and get back to discussing basketball.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:58 PM   #38
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I cant put my finger on it, but for some reason I find myself feeling sorry for him. He acts like a teenager and we tend to take critisizms like that personally. I was happy to see someone on this board willing to challenge our biased opinions, untill he started the name-calling. If he really wanted to stay on this board, he would keep his mouth shut for the time being and comply with the mods requests. I say we give him a set time to prove that he can function and contribute to this board in a mature manner. If he cant, then ban him.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #39
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

and i just read his posts on that &quot;clippers beat the lakers&quot; thread... just ban him
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:21 PM   #40
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

This board is a moderated board, that's what makes it so good.

I have come to respect the mods and I believe they have the board's best interests in mind.

Therefore if he cannot do as the mods ask, he should be gone.

Personally, I don't think rcf is here to talk basketball as much as he is here to get a reaction out of people.