Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2021, 09:48 PM   #3801
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
I don't really see them all that interchangeable at all except that they are similar sized players. Hardaway Jr, as streaky as he is, is a bona fide scoring threat while Sterling Brown is a 3&D guy. There is a huge difference in their games. What are you losing by switching them? Quite a bit actually.

Do you remember what happened last year when we were starting Luka/JRich/DFS/Maxi/KP? There wasn't enough offense in the SL and so we started games terribly and had to claw back from 1st quarter deficits almost every game. That was solved late in the season when we put THJ back into the starting lineup. Suddenly, we could actually go into the second quarter with a lead. This helped us tremendously, despite the slight downgrade of the defense.

I think you are way underrating what THJ brings to the team and overrating what Sterling can bring. I'm just not sure that a lineup of Luka/Brown/Bullock/DFS/KP will have any more scoring or shot creation than Luka/JRich/DFS/Maxi/KP and thus would have similar problems next year.

Also, I personally think the new contract we just gave THJ signals a renewed commitment to him and I think that means he will be a full time starter from here forward. It was different the last couple years because we didn't give him the contract he was on. Re-signing a guy to a big contract like we did THJ this summer IMO indicates we view him as part of the core of the team and I believe that that commitment implies an expectation that THJ will be a starter for the foreseeable future. Sure if he regresses or trades are made, things can change, but until that happens, I believe the intention is for him to start and play big minutes.

That said, again, I just think THJ is a better fit in the starting lineup anyway. Luka/THJ/Bullock/DFS/KP seems more balanced IMO. That's a good mix of scoring and defense if KP can get back to being a decent rim protector.

I'd like to know what your definition of a bona-fide scoring threat is. THJ is a 1 trick pony. He is a 3&noD guy. There is not a huge difference in them aside from Sterling is a way better defender and THJ has more experience. But he also had Luka facilitating the offense and feeding him tons of open looks.

I mentioned previously, I do remember what happened when THJ came off the bench. It looked like a decent plan for a bit, then JRich shit the bed in epic embarrassing fashion. But you're kinda making it seem like THJ became Kobe all the sudden and forced Rick's hand to put him back in the SLU. It was a no brainer to get JRich outta there because he was killing the team.

I'd definitely be starting THJ early in the season.. Yet it's logical that if he can't dribble again this season and hasn't improved his defense then it's only a matter of time before the experiments with the lineups begin. Just hitting 3s isn't enough to balance a lineup like ours. Philly for example CAN afford one of those players (ie. Curry) because they have great balance. Sterling is closer to a 2-way player than THJ. He's not a complete 2 way player with create offense type skills, but he has high level abilities on both sides of the floor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2021, 10:17 PM   #3802
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs fans: we need Markannen. It doesn’t matter if his stats are roughly equal to Kleber. He plays more minutes.

Also Mavs fans: Sterling Brown, who has started 26 games in his life, will beat out THJ for minutes.
Be more specific because I'll want the same credit I got for calling the C. WOOD break out before he...broke out. It's not "Mav fans", who else is predicting this? I wanna friend them on MySpace.

Beat out THJ for minutes? So you must think JRich "beat out" THJ for minutes.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:54 PM   #3803
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.nba.com/news/offseason-p...ings-west-2021
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:15 AM   #3804
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Surprised to see us ahead of Nuggets.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-31-2021 at 02:21 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #3805
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Surprised to see us ahead of Nuggets.
And the Clippers, honestly! I'd also worry about the Warriors, but Klay doesn't return until the end of the year and likely needs time to get back into the flow of things.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 09-01-2021 at 01:35 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #3806
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
And the Clippers, honestly! I'd also worry about the Warriors, but Klay doesn't return until the end of the year and likely needs time to get back into the flow of things.
Is Klay not expected back at the start of the season? Am I crazy for thinking he is going to be a shell of his former self? He’s missed 2 straight years with a torn ACL and torn Achilles. I know his game never relied on athleticism, but I can’t imagine he’s going to be nearly as good as a defender as he was before.

Yeah im guessing with the Clippers it’s because Kawhi is out next year.

Last edited by BPo001; 09-01-2021 at 02:12 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:58 PM   #3807
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Our big Nate Hinton replacement!

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...78907302371334

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #3808
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-01-2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #3809
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Shams Charania: Sources: Unvaccinated NBA players in markets with local requirements — such as NYC (Knicks, Nets) and SF (Warriors) — will not be allowed to enter home arenas or facilities for games or team activities conducted there unless there’s approved medical or religious exemption. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 09-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #3810
BPo001
Diamond Member

Last edited by BPo001; 09-01-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:11 PM   #3811
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Your feelings about him? The shot needs improvement to work in the NBA imho.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:12 PM   #3812
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
I like McLaughlin as a prospect. Much more than Hinton. McLaughlin can handle the ball, get into the lane and finish, has potential as a playmaker and he can shoot. Hit 40% of his 3s the last 2 years in college. Nice pickup on a two way.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:13 PM   #3813
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Shams Charania: Sources: Unvaccinated NBA players in markets with local requirements — such as NYC (Knicks, Nets) and SF (Warriors) — will not be allowed to enter home arenas or facilities for games or team activities conducted there unless there’s approved medical or religious exemption. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
They shouldn't allow anyone in the arena who isn't vaccinated (that is eligible of course). This shit isn't rocket science at this point.

Just had 184k cases today. But I guess that's just cool with everyone.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:16 PM   #3814
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Is Klay not expected back at the start of the season? Am I crazy for thinking he is going to be a shell of his former self? He’s missed 2 straight years with a torn ACL and torn Achilles. I know his game never relied on athleticism, but I can’t imagine he’s going to be nearly as good as a defender as he was before.

Yeah im guessing with the Clippers it’s because Kawhi is out next year.
Late December from what I read. Also I bet it takes him time, but I think he'll get his shot back. I believe in him similarly to how I believed in Shawn Marion before he came to Dallas. Many didn't believe in him before he arrived. I felt like our system would be perfect for him and rejuvenate his career. Anyway, I doubt it's the same situation for Klay. I bet fans have fairly realistic expectations. In regards to Kawhi? I totally forgot about him.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:55 AM   #3815
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
They shouldn't allow anyone in the arena who isn't vaccinated (that is eligible of course). This shit isn't rocket science at this point.

Just had 184k cases today. But I guess that's just cool with everyone.
It's beyond me as to why visiting teams players/personnel are exempt. I'm all for the players/personnel individual choice on what to do but mandating and exempting in this fashion is fn weird.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:14 AM   #3816
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It's beyond me as to why visiting teams players/personnel are exempt. I'm all for the players/personnel individual choice on what to do but mandating and exempting in this fashion is fn weird.
Yea whatever your feelings on the virus and/or vaccination, it should be called out that the logic here is completely missing. It's all a dog and pony show if you don't apply the same to visiting teams, like, what's the fucking point? Either way, not a fan of mandating vaccination status to attend everyday shit, but it's really the private enterprises choice to do so, and I respect that.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #3817
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Free agent Paul Millsap has agreed to a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, his agent DeAngelo Simmons told @TheAthletic @Stadium. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 09-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #3818
BPo001
Diamond Member

Last edited by BPo001; 09-02-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #3819
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Yea whatever your feelings on the virus and/or vaccination, it should be called out that the logic here is completely missing. It's all a dog and pony show if you don't apply the same to visiting teams, like, what's the fucking point? Either way, not a fan of mandating vaccination status to attend everyday shit, but it's really the private enterprises choice to do so, and I respect that.
Taking an extreme hypothetical. What if Steph, Klay, Durant, Kyrie, Harden, Randle all decide they aren't vaccinating, no matter what. That would be wild as hell to watch unfold.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #3820
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
The bigger dog and pony is making the refs be vaccinated but not the players. Refs union should strike until the players union agrees to everyone being vaccinated.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #3821
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Dennis Smith Jr., has signed a deal to attend training camp with the Portland Trail Blazers, sources tell ESPN. Smith played 23 games between Detroit and New York last season.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:18 PM   #3822
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Taking an extreme hypothetical. What if Steph, Klay, Durant, Kyrie, Harden, Randle all decide they aren't vaccinating, no matter what. That would be wild as hell to watch unfold.
Chaos and likely amendment from the cities allowing exceptions, again void of logic and meaning lol
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 03:22 PM   #3823
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
The bigger dog and pony is making the refs be vaccinated but not the players. Refs union should strike until the players union agrees to everyone being vaccinated.
I agree. Curious to see if the refs union does anything.

I don’t understand how home teams might have to have players sit out because they aren’t vaccinated where opposing team players can play. What kind of sense does that make? I wonder if some of these teams find a way to get their stars on the court if they aren’t vaccinated. Can Kyrie or Harden for example not find a way to obtain a vaccine card?
Old 09-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #3824
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Fully vaccinated individuals: Not required to quarantine if close contact. No restrictions on team activities. Non-fully-vaccinated: Required to quarantine for seven days if close contact. Masks at facilities/team travel. Not able to sit next to other players during activities. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
League

Shams Charania: If all players on a team are fully vaccinated, NBA and NBPA anticipate there would be no restrictions on those players‘ away-from-work activities (such as accessing indoor bars, clubs, lounges), sources said. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 09-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #3825
BPo001
Diamond Member

Last edited by BPo001; 09-02-2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:45 PM   #3826
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Shams Charania: Fully vaccinated individuals: Not required to quarantine if close contact. No restrictions on team activities. Non-fully-vaccinated: Required to quarantine for seven days if close contact. Masks at facilities/team travel. Not able to sit next to other players during activities. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
League

Shams Charania: If all players on a team are fully vaccinated, NBA and NBPA anticipate there would be no restrictions on those players‘ away-from-work activities (such as accessing indoor bars, clubs, lounges), sources said. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
This is why the vaccine should just be government mandated. No, I don't like the government telling me what to do as much as the next person, but when it comes to putting it on the businesses, then you get stuff like this that is convoluted. And we can't keep having these surges with variants, or we'll just keep spinning the wheel.

So everyone has to be vaccinated except the players? That just sends a terrible message of privileged treatment, and it's totally backwards at protecting major assets.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-02-2021 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #3827
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Whoa, this is kinda cool and weird.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...29839752040452

I'd be down with Thomas if we can't get Dragic.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-02-2021 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #3828
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-02-2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #3829
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoa, this is kinda cool and weird.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...29839752040452

I'd be down with Thomas if we can't get Dragic.
Guys work out for teams all the time, so I'm not putting much into this.

Still, if we trade for Dragic, that's going to take Powell + Burke + M. Brown or something like that.

That would leave us with roster spots and also down a 3rd/4th guard in the rotation.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:34 PM   #3830
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Guys work out for teams all the time, so I'm not putting much into this.

Still, if we trade for Dragic, that's going to take Powell + Burke + M. Brown or something like that.

That would leave us with roster spots and also down a 3rd/4th guard in the rotation.
This gives me hope that Brown is staying.

https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/statu...61808418193419

Old 09-02-2021, 09:10 PM   #3831
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This gives me hope that Brown is staying.

https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/statu...61808418193419
“The 7-2, 245-pound Brown is only 21 years old, and is expected to be a fixture in the Mavs’ rotation this upcoming season.”

He is? Did Price just make this up or did he get it from somewhere?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:25 PM   #3832
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
“The 7-2, 245-pound Brown is only 21 years old, and is expected to be a fixture in the Mavs’ rotation this upcoming season.”

He is? Did Price just make this up or did he get it from somewhere?
I was going to say that Price is the least reliable DFW writer, but I do hope he is right about this. I can't imagine just giving away Brown with his talent and contract.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #3833
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wow, this actually might be serious.

https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/st...08861840203781

Old 09-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #3834
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Old 09-02-2021, 09:53 PM   #3835
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was going to say that Price is the least reliable DFW writer, but I do hope he is right about this. I can't imagine just giving away Brown with his talent and contract.
It is on the team website, but I am skeptical. If they did happen to pick up a rotation big, then the offseason looks better.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:57 PM   #3836
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:

Lance is at least entertaining to watch, and is a LeBron irritant.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #3837
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Mavericks just showing that they'd rather have any of those guys instead of DSJ, right?
Old 09-02-2021, 10:15 PM   #3838
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mavericks just showing that they'd rather have any of those guys instead of DSJ, right?
DSJ signed with Portland.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:19 PM   #3839
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Looks it, but he signed a camp contract with Portland.

Franky Smokes can't even get that.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:36 PM   #3840
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

In regards to DSJ signing with Portland... I'm aware. He wanted to play for the Mavericks though. Doesn't seem like we showed mutual interest.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks