Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #1241
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

picked up the new john mayer, and the new REM greatest hits yesterday. also picked up black crowes greatest hits.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:40 PM   #1242
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

A burned Cd. If you care enough to look, its on my myspace and you can listen to it. A friend burned it for me. Its mostly just pop alt rock and musically its nothing special but they sound pretty good. Plus I love infected by demon hunter and i lost my demon hunter cd so thats why im actually listening to it.

If you are a myspacer, you might want to check it just to get the standalone player that lets you have a bunch of songs on your page instead of just one.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 09-13-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #1243
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Of Montreal - The Sunlandic Twins
The Pipettes - We Are the Pipettes
Jedi Mind Tricks - Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #1244
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
picked up the new john mayer, and the new REM greatest hits yesterday. also picked up black crowes greatest hits.
how is john mayers new cd? I love the new single, and I usually love his music... worth buying?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #1245
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Anyone know much about Mickey Avalon? His song "Jane Fonda" is really very kickass.

You can listen here: http://www.odeo.com/audio/659431/view
This made my day, real good music.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #1246
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Cursive - Happy Hollow
The Black Keys - Magic Potion
Headlights - Kill Them With Kindness

Old 09-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #1247
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone know much about Mickey Avalon? His song "Jane Fonda" is really very kickass.

I got a kick out of this...... but they labelled it "Alternative Modern Rock" but if that's what they call Modern Rock now days I feel really old..... That sounded more like hip-hop to me.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #1248
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

thats not rock but it is decent. It reminds me of LFO.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #1249
Five-ofan
Guru

A buddy of mine put some songs on Myspace. These are songs that he wrote himself. Pretty solid considering the lack of recording equipment. They messed up on the last two though because the music drowns out the voice. [Link]http://www.myspace.com/redwise[/Link] Its christian and like i said its just a guy i know so nothing amazing but its worth a listen if you are bored.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 09-13-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #1250
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
This made my day, real good music.
True dat! I challenge you to listen to this song twenty times, like I did, and not have it stuck in your head for the rest of the decade.

I would particularly be interested in Chaff's take on it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 AM   #1251
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: "Jane Fonda"

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I got a kick out of this...... but they labelled it "Alternative Modern Rock" but if that's what they call Modern Rock now days I feel really old..... That sounded more like hip-hop to me.
True. Same thing I thought. That's why I pulled a known hip-hop guy who works for me and said, "What the hell kind of music is this?" At first he said "rock and roll," cool as that. (And probably stoned.) But then he said it was an odd kind of hybrid.

Which I think it probably is.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #1252
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Hip hop that can't be marketed on urban stations is called indie/alt rock, because it appeals to indie rock fans. On Sirius Radio's Alternative Nation, and Left of Center (indie/college rock) stations they often play alt/Britt hiphop. For example right now they play Lady Soveriegn "Love me or Hate Me" (nothing rock about it) in heavy rotation.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #1253
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
how is john mayers new cd? I love the new single, and I usually love his music... worth buying?
i like it. definitely more mellow than his last two, which i also liked. it's definitely chill music.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #1254
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Tea Leaf Green live at The 5 Spot.

http://www.archive.org/details/tlg2005-09-29

just start from the beginning and let the magic work.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #1255
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i like it. definitely more mellow than his last two, which i also liked. it's definitely chill music.
Awesome thanks, going to have to go pick that up today.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #1256
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

L. Hill MTV unplugged.

freakin genius.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #1257
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
L. Hill MTV unplugged.

freakin genius.
no thx
Old 09-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #1258
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

not shallow enough for ya, ffo?

not enough gangstas and hos?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #1259
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Sparklehorse - Dreamt for Lightyears in the Belly of a Mountain
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass

Old 09-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #1260
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
L. Hill MTV unplugged.

freakin genius.
I've got the CD and the DVD...good stuff
Old 09-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #1261
fluid.forty.one

I'm bumpin some Elton John right now, getting pumped up for his concert next sunday. I cannot wait.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #1262
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought Queens of the Stone Age - Lulabies to Parylize
Old 09-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #1263
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Five Times August. The guy is from Austin and I found him on myspace. If you like acoustic stuff, you might enjoy him.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #1264
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Just bought Echoes by Pink Floyd.. I've been wanting this album for awhile and just now decided to spend the $30 to buy it.

Last edited by mavsgirl4134; 09-17-2006 at 06:45 PM.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #1265
fluid.forty.one

How is Echoes? That's one I've never heard.. I like most of their stuff though.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #1266
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

it's actually their greatest hits. I'm pretty young so most of the songs I've never heard. But I like it a lot.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #1267
fluid.forty.one

Oh.. that's why I haven't heard of it
Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 PM   #1268
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

raef, if you like that mellow acoustic stuff, i'd definitely recommend Ray LaMontagne (haunting stuff... really good) and joshua radin.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:32 AM   #1269
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna reach into my bag for this one....... Foo Fighters - The Shape and The Colour, which features my favorite song ever...... yes, ever....... Everlong. I realized it this week that that's one song that when it comes to the radio, I have to crank it up. And sing along.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #1270
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I'm gonna reach into my bag for this one....... Foo Fighters - The Shape and The Colour, which features my favorite song ever...... yes, ever....... Everlong. I realized it this week that that's one song that when it comes to the radio, I have to crank it up. And sing along.

bernardos,

I'd love to give you props for picking a great album, but you picked one that doesn't exist.

The Colour and the Shape, however, is kickass.

Yes, I am a nit.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #1271
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ha ha, saltwater, i was going to correct him, too.

yes, great album. "everlong" is great, "walking after you" is awesome. i even like "monkeywrench" and "my hero" (after i stepped away from them for a bit - i heard them waaaaaaaay too much on the radio).
Old 09-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #1272
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

No, I got a Brazilian Version called The Shape and The Colour! :P
Old 09-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #1273
bernardos70
Diamond Member

From time to time, I manage to find what I call a generic band whose song I really like. I found one today, it's called Bullet For My Valentine and the song Tears Don't Fall. This one's got a frantic section towards the middle which I really enjoy, and a pretty nice solo or two going on. Quite impressive! Give it a try.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 AM   #1274
fluid.forty.one

John Mayer - Continuum

SO good
Old 10-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #1275
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I've been listening to Never Too Late by Three Days Grace a lot, because it's the song in this awesome Dirk video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVJXZ0er1Rg

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #1276
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

new Killers CD, "Sam's Town". Doesn't get you right off the bat like "Hot Fuss" did (what a freakin' great CD), but it's good. it's different (compared to Hot Fuss), but still good.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #1277
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I also like the new sound of the Killers. Not as good but ok though.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #1278
sike
The Preacha

The Velvet Undergound -

Old 10-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #1279
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I've been listening to Never Too Late by Three Days Grace a lot, because it's the song in this awesome Dirk video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVJXZ0er1Rg
I love three days grace. Nice video...
Old 10-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #1280
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

new Incubus single "Anna Molly"

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here