Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Obama's Changing Acorn story

ACORN, Lawyers (Obama), Democrats (Frank, Freddie/Fannie May) and the sub-prime social engineering that has caused this mess.

http://engram-backtalk.blogspot.com/...and-acorn.html
Quote:
October 10, 2008
Obama and ACORN
In an earlier post on the origins of the subprime mortgage fiasco, I noted that ACORN had harassed banks into making subprime loans to minorities. I also noted allegations that Barack Obama had trained members of ACORN to do just that. To check on those allegations, I went to Obama's "fight the smears" web site (here) noted that (at the time) it said this:

Fact: Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.

I then described my reaction:

I read his web page as attempting to create the impression that he was not associated with ACORN by claiming that he never worked "for" ACORN. But did he work with them to advance their cause? His web site does not say. I wonder what he would say, if asked?

Today, McCain released a new advertisement accusing Obama of training members of ACORN to harass banks. This surprised me, so I went back to Obama's "fight the smears" web site. The "fact" quoted above has been changed and now reads:

Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.

This interesting change reinforces my view that Obama is using his lack of formal employment with ACORN to create the impression that he did not train members of ACORN to do things like badger banks to make subprime loans to minorities. Someone needs to ask him if he ever did that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to have the non-partisan ACORN getting out the vote with you.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

so, according to the above story, it is a fact all minority borrowers or lower quartile income earners are "sub-prime"?

someone needs to do a little fact checking, and it's the author of that piece...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote