Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Racism and locked thread

Looks like a few peopel are overlay sensitive.

What is racist about believing that a candidate is over hyped and not worthy of being president?

That's correct, I don't believe Obama has shared a single thing that would make him a good President. So now, I'm a racist???

Look there are quite a few others who happen to think the same thing...are they racist?

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/

There are other more qualified candidates available...but Obama is nothing but an empty suit. I am curious to find out who is his puppet master?

Heck Martin Luther King was a registered Republican...does that make him a racist?

Saddly, we are seeing several people voting for or against the man, simply on the issue of his skin color. All of you voting FOR or Against because the man is half/black are nothing more than racist.

If you are voting for/against due to his or McCain politics and abilities to lead as President of this great nation, then I commend you.

Those of you who believe that a comment from myself or Limbaugh is racist, don't have a clue what racism is.

So get off your high-horse, stick to the issues and keep the threads moving.

Most of all, get some moderators with some balls and quit wimping out and locking threads up...that is the first sign that a board is doomed to failure, when moderators start locking threads.

Kind of reminds me of the old Dallas Morning News boards...do they even still exist?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-07-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I only like white basketball players.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Here's a link from a Democrat who has decided to switch their vote to the Republican candidate...simply because they no longer trust Obama.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7105536AAb4Ego
Old 10-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

I get the gas can and all, but what's up with the phallus and the left hand????
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
Lol. I didn't even notice. Maybe some people get off to creating nonsensical threads...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
I think it gives a more "perverse" feel to dumping fuel on the fire (like he's actually enjoying it...)

Old 10-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

I've always heard that if you have to explaing the joke, then it aint funny...

Needless to say, I didn't understand your point...maybe you need to explain it???
Old 10-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
I've always heard that if you have to explaing the joke, then it aint funny...

Needless to say, I didn't understand your point...maybe you need to explain it???
YOU'RE A RACIST.

(clear enough?)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-07-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
YOU'RE A RACIST.

(clear enough?)
That's a first.

Please define why you consider me a racist?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
That's a first.

Why don't you start a poll and let the rest of the members of this forum tell you...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-07-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Looks like a few peopel are overlay sensitive.

What is racist about believing that a candidate is over hyped and not worthy of being president?

That's correct, I don't believe Obama has shared a single thing that would make him a good President. So now, I'm a racist???

Look there are quite a few others who happen to think the same thing...are they racist?

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/

There are other more qualified candidates available...but Obama is nothing but an empty suit. I am curious to find out who is his puppet master?

Heck Martin Luther King was a registered Republican...does that make him a racist?

Saddly, we are seeing several people voting for or against the man, simply on the issue of his skin color. All of you voting FOR or Against because the man is half/black are nothing more than racist.

If you are voting for/against due to his or McCain politics and abilities to lead as President of this great nation, then I commend you.

Those of you who believe that a comment from myself or Limbaugh is racist, don't have a clue what racism is.

So get off your high-horse, stick to the issues and keep the threads moving.

Most of all, get some moderators with some balls and quit wimping out and locking threads up...that is the first sign that a board is doomed to failure, when moderators start locking threads.

Kind of reminds me of the old Dallas Morning News boards...do they even still exist?
Come on, I cant believe you would even think that if you are white and vote against Obama you are racist. Next, dont try to cover up what you said. You agreed with Rush, and what Rush said was very MUCH racist!!! Maybe you should have not even mentioned the racist remark by Rush. IMO.

Yes, it is sad that people are voting AGAINST any candidate due to his/her color. I truly dont see where blacks are supporting Obama because he is black. What I see is blacks voting Democrat for the most part because most blacks are Democrats. That is a fact, and since blacks have had the voting rights, have voted for whites this entire time. Am I not right on that? Oh course, I am not wrong. But, we can now clearly see that many Democrats are going to either NOT vote or vote Republican for the first time for only one real logical reason. That fact is that Obama is black.

I bring it up, because I truly feel that this vote will come down to the skin color of Obama. I hate to say it, but I see it, read it and hear it all the time on his skin color being a factor. I think that Union President said it best on this subject. It is a shame, and shame on them that will not vote for Obama because he is black.

For those who claim to not be able to tell if certain posters are black or white. Lets put this on the table for all. I am a proud African American Republican who will vote for Obama this year, due to the fact that he is the better candidate for our country, my party has failed the American people, and it is time for a change and present day McCain is the same as a present day Bush. I will not vote for that, not now or ever! I fully support Obama in every way for this country. I feel he will do a fine job as President, I feel he will reach across party lines and put the right people in the right positions in the cabinet and I fully feel that Biden is an excellent VP. I feel like McCain slapped all Republicans in the face when he choose Palin.

I would never vote for Palin in a cabinet position let alone as VP. That is my stance on this issue. Lastly, I do believe that Obama will lose this election and it will come down to the Ole South, and the Ole South will rise again and elect McCain.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #13
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's a first.

Come on now, that is nowhere near the first. It is not even the first today
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking about not voting for McCain cause he's white.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #15
92bDad
Platinum Member

That's too bad that some of you view me as a racist.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Then again, I don't believe that what Rush said was racist. But we don't need to rehash that debate.

So I dislike someone and believe he is overrated as I do in Obama. My views are based on his ties to ACORN, his anti-American views and stances, his ties to terrorism...should I go on? Yet, because I think independantly and form an opinion that Obama is bad for America, you want to accuse me of being a racist.

I suppose that I could be as naive and claim that all this hate for Palin is sexism...when clearly it is not. There are some who simply disagree with her and feel she is unqualified as a candidate. Even though I disagree.

As a registered Republican, I view Sarah Palin as a Reagan type of Republican who's rise to the VP is great for America and great for the Republican and Conservative constituent. I could not only see McCain as a 2 term President, but see Sarah Palin as the next Presdent. I believe the selection of Palin proves how wise McCain is. Sure she is a risk, but he was able to look beyond what the possible perception would be and focused on her as a person, a leader, an EXECUTIVE leader at that. He chose her because she doesn't sway on polls, but leads from her own internal convictions.

My opinion of Obama is that he is a puppet being steered by someone else. I honestly believe there is something inately evil with the man. Sort of an Anit-Christ type of personality.

I believe there are other candidates, regardless of cultural background who are more qualified to lead this nation than Obama.

If being an individual who makes sound choices based on values and vies of the issues makes them a racist then fine, I'm a racist...however, that is not my definition, that is yours.

A racist is one who simply discriminates based only on skin color. I have to do anything racist.

Now I can't let the McNabb thing go...he is flat out overrated as a player. Yes, there are some as in fans and media alike who have clung to him because he is a Black athlete with some level of talent, thus lifting him to a higher position than others of other races. That is NOT a racist statement, but basically stating a fact. Lets dissect that statement:

1) Donovan McNabb is overrated.
2) Fans and Media cling to McNabb because he is black.

Both statements are true...if anything, the racism is the fans and media who cling to him or hate him because he's black...I personally couldn't care less what color he is, flat out he's a bum. I put him in the same 'Bum Class' as that idiot coach up in New England, or Bill Parcells or Bobby Knight...simply people that I don't care for too much and all of which are Highly Overrated!!! ... Now I add Obama to that list. I don't like the guy, I don't trust the guy, not his party.

If that makes me a racist, then so beit...but there appears to a bit of oversensitivity by some on this board.

Best of luck with the elections and may God Bless America...even if it means allowing Obama to be appointed President, and as a God Fearing Citizen, I will humble myself to this authority...provided he doesn't violate the laws of God.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
<snip>
Yes, it is sad that people are voting AGAINST any candidate due to his/her color. I truly dont see where blacks are supporting Obama because he is black. What I see is blacks voting Democrat for the most part because most blacks are Democrats. That is a fact, and since blacks have had the voting rights, have voted for whites this entire time. Am I not right on that? Oh course, I am not wrong. But, we can now clearly see that many Democrats are going to either NOT vote or vote Republican for the first time for only one real logical reason. That fact is that Obama is black.

I bring it up, because I truly feel that this vote will come down to the skin color of Obama. I hate to say it, but I see it, read it and hear it all the time on his skin color being a factor. I think that Union President said it best on this subject. It is a shame, and shame on them that will not vote for Obama because he is black.

For those who claim to not be able to tell if certain posters are black or white. Lets put this on the table for all. I am a proud African American Republican who will vote for Obama this year, due to the fact that he is the better candidate for our country, my party has failed the American people, and it is time for a change and present day McCain is the same as a present day Bush. I will not vote for that, not now or ever! I fully support Obama in every way for this country. I feel he will do a fine job as President, I feel he will reach across party lines and put the right people in the right positions in the cabinet and I fully feel that Biden is an excellent VP. I feel like McCain slapped all Republicans in the face when he choose Palin.

I would never vote for Palin in a cabinet position let alone as VP. That is my stance on this issue. Lastly, I do believe that Obama will lose this election and it will come down to the Ole South, and the Ole South will rise again and elect McCain.
I think this post ^^^ is the exact opposite of my belief in just about every way possible.

I would never vote -- and I don't think most people would - against Obama because he is black. I would vote against him because he is extremely liberal, and comes across as not having any ability to do anything but "look good". All flash no substance. At least in my opinion. He also has NO qualification to be Commander in Chief of the US Military.

I do feel that many Blacks will vote for Obama because 1) he isn't Bush 2) he has flash/charisma 3) he is black 4) he is a democrat. I do also feel that most Blacks are democrats because historically in this country -- business/job structure has discriminated against them --- where government has discriminated for them. It is the same "what is best for me" -- selfish mentality of most of America. Business owners tend to vote Republican as a whole, because that is who caters to them the most.

I would easily vote for Palin -- at least she seems to have honestly. Of course she is going to get trounced by the media -- when you fight a battle against your own party, then the other party, and the media as well -- it makes it very hard to win. Playing a different game than everyone else makes it a hard battle as well.

McCain is no where near the Bush administration -- even if he has been portrayed that way. McCain is much closer to the middle than most politicians. Given other choices, I would have a hard time voting for McCain -- not because of his skin color, but because of his "straddling of the fence" all the time.

And I feel like Obama wins this election -- fairly easily. He is set up to fail after the election, but I think he will win. This country is falling, due to decisions made long ago -- the next President isn't going to stop that part of it -- all he can hope to do is lessen the pain. Then he can either speed it up, or slow it down, but pain is coming.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #17
Underdog

Quote:
That's too bad that some of you view me as a racist.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Then again, I don't believe that what Rush said was racist. But we don't need to rehash that debate.

So I dislike someone and believe he is overrated as I do in Obama. My views are based on his ties to ACORN, his anti-American views and stances, his ties to terrorism...should I go on? Yet, because I think independantly and form an opinion that Obama is bad for America, you want to accuse me of being a racist.

I suppose that I could be as naive and claim that all this hate for Palin is sexism...when clearly it is not. There are some who simply disagree with her and feel she is unqualified as a candidate. Even though I disagree.

As a registered Republican, I view Sarah Palin as a Reagan type of Republican who's rise to the VP is great for America and great for the Republican and Conservative constituent. I could not only see McCain as a 2 term President, but see Sarah Palin as the next Presdent. I believe the selection of Palin proves how wise McCain is. Sure she is a risk, but he was able to look beyond what the possible perception would be and focused on her as a person, a leader, an EXECUTIVE leader at that. He chose her because she doesn't sway on polls, but leads from her own internal convictions.

My opinion of Obama is that he is a puppet being steered by someone else. I honestly believe there is something inately evil with the man. Sort of an Anit-Christ type of personality.

I believe there are other candidates, regardless of cultural background who are more qualified to lead this nation than Obama.

If being an individual who makes sound choices based on values and vies of the issues makes them a racist then fine, I'm a racist...however, that is not my definition, that is yours.

A racist is one who simply discriminates based only on skin color. I have to do anything racist.

Now I can't let the McNabb thing go...he is flat out overrated as a player. Yes, there are some as in fans and media alike who have clung to him because he is a Black athlete with some level of talent, thus lifting him to a higher position than others of other races. That is NOT a racist statement, but basically stating a fact. Lets dissect that statement:

1) Donovan McNabb is overrated.
2) Fans and Media cling to McNabb because he is black.

Both statements are true...if anything, the racism is the fans and media who cling to him or hate him because he's black...I personally couldn't care less what color he is, flat out he's a bum. I put him in the same 'Bum Class' as that idiot coach up in New England, or Bill Parcells or Bobby Knight...simply people that I don't care for too much and all of which are Highly Overrated!!! ... Now I add Obama to that list. I don't like the guy, I don't trust the guy, not his party.

If that makes me a racist, then so beit...but there appears to a bit of oversensitivity by some on this board.

Best of luck with the elections and may God Bless America...even if it means allowing Obama to be appointed President, and as a God Fearing Citizen, I will humble myself to this authority...provided he doesn't violate the laws of God.

You couldn't even make it through your post without contradicting yourself - you claim to hate Obama for non-racial reasons, then continue to talk about race in the form of Donvan McNabb...

PUT THE COCAINE AWAY!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Underdog; 10-07-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You are absolutely out of your freaking mind if you think people over rate Donovan McNabb BECAUSE he is black. If anything, he gets more flack, and more scrutiny because of the prejudices of good ol' boy media and fans.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You are absolutely out of your freaking mind if you think people over rate Donovan McNabb BECAUSE he is black. If anything, he gets more flack, and more scrutiny because of the prejudices of good ol' boy media and fans.
I agree and disagree.

He gets both.

Like most QB's -- he gets the brunt of the Glory, and the brunt of the Criticism. The fact that he is Black just makes both sides of the pendulum swing farther.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #20
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I think this post ^^^ is the exact opposite of my belief in just about every way possible.

I would never vote -- and I don't think most people would - against Obama because he is black. I would vote against him because he is extremely liberal, and comes across as not having any ability to do anything but "look good". All flash no substance. At least in my opinion. He also has NO qualification to be Commander in Chief of the US Military.

I do feel that many Blacks will vote for Obama because 1) he isn't Bush 2) he has flash/charisma 3) he is black 4) he is a democrat. I do also feel that most Blacks are democrats because historically in this country -- business/job structure has discriminated against them --- where government has discriminated for them. It is the same "what is best for me" -- selfish mentality of most of America. Business owners tend to vote Republican as a whole, because that is who caters to them the most.

I would easily vote for Palin -- at least she seems to have honestly. Of course she is going to get trounced by the media -- when you fight a battle against your own party, then the other party, and the media as well -- it makes it very hard to win. Playing a different game than everyone else makes it a hard battle as well.

McCain is no where near the Bush administration -- even if he has been portrayed that way. McCain is much closer to the middle than most politicians. Given other choices, I would have a hard time voting for McCain -- not because of his skin color, but because of his "straddling of the fence" all the time.

And I feel like Obama wins this election -- fairly easily. He is set up to fail after the election, but I think he will win. This country is falling, due to decisions made long ago -- the next President isn't going to stop that part of it -- all he can hope to do is lessen the pain. Then he can either speed it up, or slow it down, but pain is coming.
I respect your opinion on who you vote for, but one thing is for sure. Obama has NEVER been Anti-American, Anti-Christ or any of those things you accuse him of. As of matter of fact, I am offended by ANY Christian that challenges Obama christianity. If you dont believe me go read the bible again on that issue. So, lets be clear on the Anti-Christ type remarks about Obama. It is also those remarks about Obama being flashy and whatnot that is offensive because of the stereotype that has played in the part of Blacks. So, all flash and no substance is offensive to ANY black person when describing a black person. I am also offended that you think that blacks vote in the order of 1) he isn't Bush 2) he has flash/charisma 3) he is black 4) he is a democrat. That could not be farther from the truth. Blacks vote on issues closest to them economically. If you are black and in the upper middle class or higher, more times than not, you will vote Republican. Same as for whites. If you are in the lower class you more times than not vote Democrat. Now, the only difference now is that for the first time the Democrat is black. So, guess what? More times than not, you will see lower class whites vote Republican for the first time, and lower class blacks continue to vote Democrat, like they have the entire time.

Quote:
I do also feel that most Blacks are democrats because historically in this country -- business/job structure has discriminated against them --- where government has discriminated for them. It is the same "what is best for me" -- selfish mentality of most of America. .
I want you to really look at what you just said!!! That has VERY racist undertones to it. If you took off the word "Selfish", it may not be so bad, but you spoke how you feel, so I cant argue with it. But to top it off you decided to say that government discriminated for blacks!!!! That is absolutely a lie. Please tell me when the govenment discriminated FOR blacks????? Please tell me, because last time I checked back in our history the government did NOTHING to help blacks when WE were getting lynched!!! NOTHING!!!!! So, please dont come at me with that mess, trying to justify why you dont like Obama. Your post told me the whole story. Sounds like you cooked up a silly story on Obama and why you have switched your vote to justify why you really won't vote for him. Keep in mind I just dissected your post.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-07-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
92bDad
Platinum Member

I think its time to get Carlos Mencia to be a moderator.

At least a comedian who understand the lunacy of the oversensitivity to the Racism.

So screw it....

I think Obama is overrated and I disagree with his politics. PERIOD
I think Billy Cheat is overrated and I disagree with him being considered as a HOF Coach. PERIOD
I think Bill Parcell is overrated and I don't believe he is a HOF Coach. Period
I believe Donovan McNabb is overrated and don't view him as a top 10 QB now, let alone in the history of the NFL. Period

I support McCain/Palin and believe they are closer to my beliefs and values. Period
I liked Landry, Staubach and company...they are America's Team. Period
I liked Johnson, Aikman, Irvin, Smith and company...again America's team. Period
I like the new group of Romo, Owens, Barber, Witten, Jones, Ware...the new America's team. Period

I liked the Mavs of the 80's with Harper, Blackman and Coach Motta...that was a fun team and a fun time in my youth. Period

I liked the new mavs...but I hate the NBA, the officiating and gradually disliking Cuban. Period.

I liked Run DMC, back in the day...as well as Motley Crue, Iron Maiden and others from the 80's. Period

I came to a point of acceptance and acknowledge my loving faith in Jesus Christ, but I admit that I am a serious work in progress. Period

I love all people, regardless of sex, color, size, nationality or any other label you want to put on them. Period

I have my values that I believe in and thus share opinions regarding people based on these values. Period

I also believe that elections do actually have a huge impact on what happens to our society. I love this country and the freedoms we have, so much so that I don't take my responsibility lightly. I have served this country as many on this and other board have...We are Red, White, Blue and Camoflauge.

The only we hope we have is to be honest and call things as we see them. As it stands we have a very Liberal agenda media that is going out of its way to lift one candidate over another. If we don't say that race is an issue as to why these Liberals are doing this (NOT ALL, but no doubt some), then we are doing an injustice to those who are fair and don't look at skin color when they make a decision.

The largest racism problem is not specifically in blacks voting for Obama, but rather in blacks voting Democrat...I believe that number has been upwards of 95% on average. How can anyone see this type of number and not see some type of problem? Blacks are the only race that you see such a high number of votes for one party. No other demographic is this skewed.

Now I do see some blacks, as in http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/ who are being a different voice. I commend them for trying to get the word out and I can only hope they succeed in improving the diversity of thought and political views within the Black Community.

My issues are not with any one race...but rather with any one person who puts little to no effort in figuring out who they are voting for. For many they will spen less than 5 minutes on election day...or when ever they cast their homeless vote (OH)...and simply vote for what is cool that day.

This is NOT AMERICAN IDOL, and it drives me crazy to see voters treat it like it is.

Okay...let me try to jump off my soap box.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #22
Underdog

Quote:

At least a comedian who understand the lunacy of the oversensitivity to the Racism.

So screw it....

I think Billy Cheat is overrated and I disagree with him being considered as a HOF Coach. PERIOD
I believe Donovan McNabb is overrated and don't view him as a top 10 QB now, let alone in the history of the NFL. Period

I support McCain/Palin and believe they are closer to my beliefs and values. Period
I liked Johnson, Aikman, Irvin, Smith and company...again America's team. Period
I like the new group of Romo, Owens, Barber, Witten, Jones, Ware...the new America's team. Period

I liked the Mavs of the 80's with Harper, Blackman and Coach Motta...that was a fun team and a fun time in my youth. Period

I liked the new mavs...but I hate the NBA, the officiating and gradually disliking Cuban. Period.

I liked Run DMC, back in the day...as well as Motley Crue, Iron Maiden and others from the 80's. Period

I came to a point of acceptance and acknowledge my loving faith in Jesus Christ, but I admit that I am a serious work in progress. Period

I love all people, regardless of sex, color, size, nationality or any other label you want to put on them. Period

I have my values that I believe in and thus share opinions regarding people based on these values. Period

I also believe that elections do actually have a huge impact on what happens to our society. I love this country and the freedoms we have, so much so that I don't take my responsibility lightly. I have served this country as many on this and other board have...We are Red, White, Blue and Camoflauge.

The only we hope we have is to be honest and call things as we see them. As it stands we have a very Liberal agenda media that is going out of its way to lift one candidate over another. If we don't say that race is an issue as to why these Liberals are doing this (NOT ALL, but no doubt some), then we are doing an injustice to those who are fair and don't look at skin color when they make a decision.

The largest racism problem is not specifically in blacks voting for Obama, but rather in blacks voting Democrat...I believe that number has been upwards of 95% on average. How can anyone see this type of number and not see some type of problem? Blacks are the only race that you see such a high number of votes for one party. No other demographic is this skewed.

Now I do see some blacks, as in http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/ who are being a different voice. I commend them for trying to get the word out and I can only hope they succeed in improving the diversity of thought and political views within the Black Community.

My issues are not with any one race...but rather with any one person who puts little to no effort in figuring out who they are voting for. For many they will spen less than 5 minutes on election day...or when ever they cast their homeless vote (OH)...and simply vote for what is cool that day.

This is NOT AMERICAN IDOL, and it drives me crazy to see voters treat it like it is.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-07-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

[QUOTE=92bDad]

Now I do see some blacks, as in http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/ who are being a different voice. I commend them for trying to get the word out and I can only hope they succeed in improving the diversity of thought and political views within the Black Community

QUOTE]

I want you to take some time and think about those two statements again. Seriously, for the 10th straight post, you have made racist remarks like this. Do you honestly NOT know why most blacks vote for Democrats? I do believe you know, but you just want to figure a way to claim reverse racism?

Lastly, do you honestly feel that Blacks need help in improving diversity of thought and politial views? Seriously, you are VERY racist!!! You have proved it time and time again. I still cant believe your posts are still here with this racist remarks. Seriously, this has got to stop.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I respect your opinion on who you vote for, but one thing is for sure. Obama has NEVER been Anti-American, Anti-Christ or any of those things you accuse him of. As of matter of fact, I am offended by ANY Christian that challenges Obama christianity. If you dont believe me go read the bible again on that issue. So, lets be clear on the Anti-Christ type remarks about Obama.
Wrong person. I didn't, and haven't said he is Anti-American or the Anti-Christ. In fact, I have studied more than enough to know he isn't the Anti-Christ because the Anti-Christ is born from the old Roman empire, from what I have read. So I have not accused him of anything except being flashy -- but not have a military background. As far as Anti-American -- that is in the eye of the beholder as to what American is.

Quote:
It is also those remarks about Obama being flashy and whatnot that is offensive because of the stereotype that has played in the part of Blacks. So, all flash and no substance is offensive to ANY black person when describing a black person. I am also offended that you think that blacks vote in the order of 1) he isn't Bush 2) he has flash/charisma 3) he is black 4) he is a democrat. That could not be farther from the truth.
I didn't mean it in any order. I meant that these are 4 reasons that I have talked with Democrats and Blacks - that I have been given as to why they WILL be voting for Obama. Even if they are against his views on abortion, etc. These are the reasons they place higher on their list of why they will vote for him. I don't vote based on the economy, the charisma, or style --- I try to see what is best (in alignment with what I believe the Bible says) for the country, pray, and vote for the best person available.

Quote:
Blacks vote on issues closest to them economically. If you are black and in the upper middle class or higher, more times than not, you will vote Republican. Same as for whites. If you are in the lower class you more times than not vote Democrat. Now, the only difference now is that for the first time the Democrat is black. So, guess what? More times than not, you will see lower class whites vote Republican for the first time, and lower class blacks continue to vote Democrat, like they have the entire time.
Isn't that what I said. I said that as a whole -- people vote for who they think will help themselves out the most -- sort of a thinking of ones self. I mean I know a few Black business owners, and they tend to vote Republican. I know a few White business owners, and they tend to vote Republican. I know a few Asian and Hispanic business owners, and they tend to not vote. As a whole though (not individual subsets) -- Blacks tend to vote for the Democrat (which is big Government) and Whites tend to lean towards the Republican (which is big Business).

Quote:
I want you to really look at what you just said!!! That has VERY racist undertones to it. If you took off the word "Selfish", it may not be so bad, but you spoke how you feel, so I cant argue with it. But to top it off you decided to say that government discriminated for blacks!!!! That is absolutely a lie. Please tell me when the govenment discriminated FOR blacks????? Please tell me, because last time I checked back in our history the government did NOTHING to help blacks when WE were getting lynched!!! NOTHING!!!!!
Come on now. Requiring business to hire a percentage of minorities didn't help integrate Blacks into the private business world?? I mean businesses who were blackmailed by the government to not hire based on qualification and $$$, but to hire to meet a quota. Affirmative Action???

Please, to discriminate means that they are treated DIFFERENTLY -- Affirmative Action does discriminate because it says you must train (spend more $$$), and hire based upon race. Sorry, but that is discrimination FOR.

Now, as to the lynching part or the slavery part. That is a horrible part of the history of the US. I haven't lynched anyone white, Black, Brown or any other color. I do not know anyone personally that was lynched who was white, Black, Brown or any other color. I am not saying that it hasn't/didn't happen. I am saying that man has killed man for lots of reasons, including skin color, religious preference, favorite sports team, drug preference, type of alcohol made, thoughts about certain females, etc. The government has outlawed all of it, but it still didn't keep it from happening. Man is still inhumane to man.

Quote:
So, please dont come at me with that mess, trying to justify why you dont like Obama. Your post told me the whole story. Sounds like you cooked up a silly story on Obama and why you have switched your vote to justify why you really won't vote for him. Keep in mind I just dissected your post.
I haven't cooked up any story and didn't switch my vote. I am an independent conservative who happened to be born white, and chose to be a follower of Jesus. I do not claim to be anything but a sinner -- who has been forgiven. I make mistakes, and try to ask forgiveness when I do. I ALWAYS think I am correct (at that time) -- why would I try to think wrongly? I am willing to listen, read, and think my way, and admit when I am incorrect though.

I really think you have thought I am someone else with your writing, because I haven't said/done near what you have said I have.

Last edited by dalmations202; 10-07-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Wrong person. I didn't, and haven't said he is Anti-American or the Anti-Christ. In fact, I have studied more than enough to know he isn't the Anti-Christ because the Anti-Christ is born from the old Roman empire, from what I have read. So I have not accused him of anything except being flashy -- but not have a military background. As far as Anti-American -- that is in the eye of the beholder as to what American is.

I didn't mean it in any order. I meant that these are 4 reasons that I have talked with Democrats and Blacks - that I have been given as to why they WILL be voting for Obama. Even if they are against his views on abortion, etc. These are the reasons they place higher on their list of why they will vote for him. I don't vote based on the economy, the charisma, or style --- I try to see what is best (in alignment with what I believe the Bible says) for the country, pray, and vote for the best person available.

Isn't that what I said. I said that as a whole -- people vote for who they think will help themselves out the most -- sort of a thinking of ones self. I mean I know a few Black business owners, and they tend to vote Republican. I know a few White business owners, and they tend to vote Republican. I know a few Asian and Hispanic business owners, and they tend to not vote. As a whole though (not individual subsets) -- Blacks tend to vote for the Democrat (which is big Government) and Whites tend to lean towards the Republican (which is big Business).

Come on now. Requiring business to hire a percentage of minorities didn't help integrate Blacks into the private business world?? I mean businesses who were blackmailed by the government to not hire based on qualification and $$$, but to hire to meet a quota. Affirmative Action???

Please, to discriminate means that they are treated DIFFERENTLY -- Affirmative Action does discriminate because it says you must train (spend more $$$), and hire based upon race. Sorry, but that is discrimination FOR.

Now, as to the lynching part or the slavery part. That is a horrible part of the history of the US. I haven't lynched anyone white, Black, Brown or any other color. I do not know anyone personally that was lynched who was white, Black, Brown or any other color. I am not saying that it hasn't/didn't happen. I am saying that man has killed man for lots of reasons, including skin color, religious preference, favorite sports team, drug preference, type of alcohol made, thoughts about certain females, etc. The government has outlawed all of it, but it still didn't keep it from happening. Man is still inhumane to man.

I haven't cooked up any story and didn't switch my vote. I am an independent conservative who happened to be born white, and chose to be a follower of Jesus. I do not claim to be anything but a sinner -- who has been forgiven. I make mistakes, and try to ask forgiveness when I do. I ALWAYS think I am correct (at that time) -- why would I try to think wrongly? I am willing to listen, read, and think my way, and admit when I am incorrect though.

I really think you have thought I am someone else with your writing, because I haven't said/done near what you have said I have.
No, what I did do was address those type of comments made by others, then I addressed your comment with the insert. I will just say this. I say "Fuc*" EVERYONE that feels that Afirmative Action discriminates FOR blacks!!! Seriously, "Fuc*" you all. To top it off, you tried to cover up lynching by saying that is just a human being a human!!!! For that, I say "Fuc*" you again. I say the worst man in the world will either lynch you or commit genocide!!!! So, once again, I say "Fuc*" anyone that does not condone lynching MY people. Seriously !!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #27
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, what I did do was address those type of comments made by others, then I addressed your comment with the insert. I will just say this. I say "Fuc*" EVERYONE that feels that Afirmative Action discriminates FOR blacks!!! Seriously, "Fuc*" you all.
I've been told much worse. By definition though -- you are wrong.

Quote:
To top it off, you tried to cover up lynching by saying that is just a human being a human!!!! For that, I say "Fuc*" you again. I say the worst man in the world will either lynch you or commit genocide!!!!
No I said it is human being INHUMANE. That is not-human. I will agree that genocide is probably the worse thing though.

Quote:
So, once again, I say "Fuc*" anyone that does not condone lynching MY people. Seriously !!!!!
Why would I condone lynching anyone, including any people.

Condone: to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless

I do not consider nor condone the lynching of anyone as acceptable.

Now as to the MY people. MY people are the ones who believe in Jesus Christ, and the God of Abraham.......I couldn't give a Rat's behind what their skin color is. And if you aren't one of MY people -- would you like for me to explain how to become a person in my family?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #28
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I've been told much worse. By definition though -- you are wrong.

No I said it is human being INHUMANE. That is not-human. I will agree that genocide is probably the worse thing though.

Why would I condone lynching anyone, including any people.

Condone: to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless

I do not consider nor condone the lynching of anyone as acceptable.

Now as to the MY people. MY people are the ones who believe in Jesus Christ, and the God of Abraham.......I couldn't give a Rat's behind what their skin color is. And if you aren't one of MY people -- would you like for me to explain how to become a person in my family?
No, thank you I would rather not be in your family. I condone lynching, and I do NOT believe that humans are inert inhumane. I think it takes the lowest scum of the world to lynch a person. Seriously, the lowest scum that has every walked this earth. So, let me get this straight. For over 300 years, the United States government and the people have lynched, hung, mutilated, suppressed, oppressed, enslaved, taken the unalienable rights away, discrimated against, separated, gave no education, jobs, beat, raped, Jim Crowed and mistreated Black for all those years, and the fact that Afirmative Action forced companies to hire qualified blacks and gave a fair measurement on the percent of hired 'QUALIFIED" blacks it takes to be in compliance is unfair, unjust, reverse racism? Are you sure you want to stand on that? Before you answer, you claimed to be a man of GOD. Well, I am of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, so I say "NOT"!!!! So, why dont you join THAT family of mines

By the way, I did catch your lil joke that Afirmative Action forced businesses to "TRAIN" (Spend more $$$) blacks. You may need to learn a bit more. It forced businesses to hire "QUALIFIED" minorities. Let me take it a step farther it meant all minorities including white women. So, I guess Afirmative actions discrimated FOR white and black women, black men, all hispanics, asians, native americans and other minorities? So, who does that leave? Only thing left is white men. So, in your own words if it does not include white men it is discrimating? How fitting for a person to say that, that claims to be a man of GOD.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-07-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #29
92bDad
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Silk Smoov]
Quote:

Now I do see some blacks, as in http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/ who are being a different voice. I commend them for trying to get the word out and I can only hope they succeed in improving the diversity of thought and political views within the Black Community

QUOTE]

I want you to take some time and think about those two statements again. Seriously, for the 10th straight post, you have made racist remarks like this. Do you honestly NOT know why most blacks vote for Democrats? I do believe you know, but you just want to figure a way to claim reverse racism?

Lastly, do you honestly feel that Blacks need help in improving diversity of thought and politial views? Seriously, you are VERY racist!!! You have proved it time and time again. I still cant believe your posts are still here with this racist remarks. Seriously, this has got to stop.

Dude, you got me laughing so hard, I can barely get back to my desk to type a response.

You are a shining example of the problem...you cry racism when there is no racism...it's like the boy who cried wolf. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

As for the diversity...how can 95% of people voting Democrat be diverse? I would think a 65-35 split would be a stronger reflection of Diversity...but 95%, sorry aint nobody buying that one.

It's kinda like the gender issue...but the womans movement is going strong, look at Hillary Clinton, yada yada...then all of a sudden there is a Conservative Woman...Sarah Palin...however the Woman voters are diverse. My apologies I don't know the specific numbers but it's close to a 50% split along Democrat and Republican lines. I know quite a few Woman who respect the accomplishments of Sarah Palin and see her as a strong voice for equality of women.

Where is the Diversity in the African-American Community? Please provide some examples of Diversity within the African-American Community, specifically when it comes to voting?

Has the evolution of our society followed MLK or "X"?

Well, this has been an eventful day...time for me to take a break, get my list of work for tomorrow, eat dinner, watch the debates and rest for the night. I wish you all a peaceful night. Until next time, may you all be blessed and may we all treat each other with love and respect. I am honored that you have allowed me to participate in your discussion.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #30
Silk Smoov
Banned

[QUOTE=92bDad]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [COLOR="Red"
Silk Smoov[/COLOR]]

Dude, you got me laughing so hard, I can barely get back to my desk to type a response.

You are a shining example of the problem...you cry racism when there is no racism...it's like the boy who cried wolf. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

As for the diversity...how can 95% of people voting Democrat be diverse? I would think a 65-35 split would be a stronger reflection of Diversity...but 95%, sorry aint nobody buying that one.

It's kinda like the gender issue...but the womans movement is going strong, look at Hillary Clinton, yada yada...then all of a sudden there is a Conservative Woman...Sarah Palin...however the Woman voters are diverse. My apologies I don't know the specific numbers but it's close to a 50% split along Democrat and Republican lines. I know quite a few Woman who respect the accomplishments of Sarah Palin and see her as a strong voice for equality of women.

Where is the Diversity in the African-American Community? Please provide some examples of Diversity within the African-American Community, specifically when it comes to voting?

Has the evolution of our society followed MLK or "X"?

Well, this has been an eventful day...time for me to take a break, get my list of work for tomorrow, eat dinner, watch the debates and rest for the night. I wish you all a peaceful night. Until next time, may you all be blessed and may we all treat each other with love and respect. I am honored that you have allowed me to participate in your discussion.
Let me answer this in terms you should understand. Where is the diversity in your posts? Simple as that. I would be a fool to engage you on where blacks are diversed. By, the way nobody knows who "X" is, seriously!!! You cant even respect the guy and call him by Malcolm X. When you say MLK, we all know who that is, but that "X" is nothing in my book.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-07-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #31
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So screw it....

Ughhh.... Who did Ned steal that from?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, thank you I would rather not be in your family. I condone lynching, and I do NOT believe that humans are inert inhumane. I think it takes the lowest scum of the world to lynch a person. Seriously, the lowest scum that has every walked this earth. So, let me get this straight. For over 300 years, the United States government and the people have lynched, hung, mutilated, suppressed, oppressed, enslaved, taken the unalienable rights away, discrimated against, separated, gave no education, jobs, beat, raped, Jim Crowed and mistreated Black for all those years, and the fact that Afirmative Action forced companies to hire qualified blacks and gave a fair measurement on the percent of hired 'QUALIFIED" blacks it takes to be in compliance is unfair, unjust, reverse racism?
First of all: If you Condone lynching -- then you think that lynching is acceptable, forgivable, and/or harmless. You contradict yourself in the very next sentence.

If you do NOT condone lynching -- then you think it is not acceptable, not forgivable, and harmful.

If you want the US government to repay your people for past transgressions -- then I'll agree to disagree. All I have the power to do is make it as equal as possible for all people today, no matter the race, sex, etc.

Quote:
Are you sure you want to stand on that? Before you answer, you claimed to be a man of GOD. Well, I am of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, so I say "NOT"!!!! So, why dont you join THAT family of mines
I claimed to be a sinner who is a follower of Jesus -- the Christ -- the Son of God.
If you really are of the family of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I'd be glad to join -- of course I did many years ago.

Quote:
By the way, I did catch your lil joke that Afirmative Action forced businesses to "TRAIN" (Spend more $$$) blacks. You may need to learn a bit more. It forced businesses to hire "QUALIFIED" minorities. Let me take it a step farther it meant all minorities including white women. So, I guess Afirmative actions discrimated FOR white and black women, black men, all hispanics, asians, native americans and other minorities? So, who does that leave? Only thing left is white men. So, in your own words if it does not include white men it is discrimating? How fitting for a person to say that, that claims to be a man of GOD.
Whoa -- you read lots into what I wrote, that I didn't say or intend.

Affirmative Action by definition:
For federal contractors and subcontractors, affirmative action must be taken by covered employers to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. Affirmative actions include training programs, outreach efforts, and other positive steps. These procedures should be incorporated into the company’s written personnel policies. Employers with written affirmative action programs must implement them, keep them on file and update them annually.

So when I said training (which costs more money --does it not?) (My boss keeps telling me that training costs money -- when I owned my own business training cost money). I was talking about the definition of what Affirmative Action is.

As I see in your writing, you read lots into things, that weren't said. Of course you see racism, because apparently that is what you want to see. Of course you/and I for that matter can justify affirmative action ---- it doesn't change the fact that by definition that it makes separate rules (discriminates) for minorities. Does it help women, Hispanics, Asian, Polynesian , and other minorities as well -- Absolutely. It helps others by mandating exceptions based on race, gender, etc.

You can cuss me -- as you did above, and it doesn't change anything. We can have a nice discussion or whatever.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #33
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

This election is about issues I can't relate to.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #34
Silk Smoov
Banned

[QUOTE=Silk Smoov]
Quote:
Let me answer this in terms you should understand. Where is the diversity in your posts? Simple as that. I would be a fool to engage you on where blacks are diversed. By, the way nobody knows who "X" is, seriously!!! You cant even respect the guy and call him by Malcolm X. When you say MLK, we all know who that is, but that "X" is nothing in my book.
Hey Moderator!!!! It is silly to delete my posts and keep the racist posts, then all of a sudden you change posts up to have people to believe that I posted it. Delete my name off of the post that you took 92dad off and put my name in there.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #35
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
First of all: If you Condone lynching -- then you think that lynching is acceptable, forgivable, and/or harmless. You contradict yourself in the very next sentence.

If you do NOT condone lynching -- then you think it is not acceptable, not forgivable, and harmful.

If you want the US government to repay your people for past transgressions -- then I'll agree to disagree. All I have the power to do is make it as equal as possible for all people today, no matter the race, sex, etc.

I claimed to be a sinner who is a follower of Jesus -- the Christ -- the Son of God.
If you really are of the family of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I'd be glad to join -- of course I did many years ago.

Whoa -- you read lots into what I wrote, that I didn't say or intend.

Affirmative Action by definition:
For federal contractors and subcontractors, affirmative action must be taken by covered employers to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. Affirmative actions include training programs, outreach efforts, and other positive steps. These procedures should be incorporated into the company’s written personnel policies. Employers with written affirmative action programs must implement them, keep them on file and update them annually.

So when I said training (which costs more money --does it not?) (My boss keeps telling me that training costs money -- when I owned my own business training cost money). I was talking about the definition of what Affirmative Action is.

As I see in your writing, you read lots into things, that weren't said. Of course you see racism, because apparently that is what you want to see. Of course you/and I for that matter can justify affirmative action ---- it doesn't change the fact that by definition that it makes separate rules (discriminates) for minorities. Does it help women, Hispanics, Asian, Polynesian , and other minorities as well -- Absolutely. It helps others by mandating exceptions based on race, gender, etc.

You can cuss me -- as you did above, and it doesn't change anything. We can have a nice discussion or whatever.
I did not read more into your posts. I read what you wrote and what I got from it. Simple as that. That is why I responded, because your post CAN be taken as racist undertone, but I guess you dont care because you still have refused to acknowledge the fact that it could be taken that way. I told you straight up that I felt it was borderline racist. Next, lets talk about training, if you are in business and you have employees than you WILL spend money on training your employees. PERIOD!!! That has nothing to do with Blacks!!!! Do you not get that???? So, what you are saying is damn the past, and lets just live in the future. Let me clear this up a bit for you. If you are just as fast or faster than me and we are in a 100yd dash race, and I get to get a 50 yard head start, would you think it was fair? Or would you like to find a way for you to get some of those yards back so that you have somewhat of a chance to win the race. Now, replace the word race with life, and that is what I am talking about. How can you call foul when you "Clearly" got a head start be cheating to get ahead???? Do you get it now?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
I did not read more into your posts. I read what you wrote and what I got from it.
So it doesn't matter what I said, but what you thought I said. Ah, I understand now

Quote:
Simple as that. That is why I responded, because your post CAN be taken as racist undertone, but I guess you dont care because you still have refused to acknowledge the fact that it could be taken that way. I told you straight up that I felt it was borderline racist.
Oh ok, so it is up to you to determine the undertone of what is written. Anyone anywhere can take just about anything said -- and say it has racist, or discriminate undertones. So I guess you are correct -- to you what I wrote had racist undertones. For that I apologize to you -- I didn't mean to come across with racist undertones to anyone.

Quote:
Next, lets talk about training, if you are in business and you have employees than you WILL spend money on training your employees. PERIOD!!! That has nothing to do with Blacks!!!! Do you not get that????
Sure I get that there is training. From a business perspective, how much I am willing to spend to get XXXXX amount of output is the question. What does it cost me, in order to get this output from the company. If the output from my wallet, is larger than the output of the employee -- then my company goes under. Do you understand that?

Quote:
So, what you are saying is damn the past, and lets just live in the future. Let me clear this up a bit for you. If you are just as fast or faster than me and we are in a 100yd dash race, and I get to get a 50 yard head start, would you think it was fair? Or would you like to find a way for you to get some of those yards back so that you have somewhat of a chance to win the race. Now, replace the word race with life, and that is what I am talking about. How can you call foul when you "Clearly" got a head start be cheating to get ahead???? Do you get it now?
So you are saying that all generations are one 100yd dash race. That each generation is not a new race, but the same old one. Is that what you are saying?

In my parents generation, they grew up as subsistence farmers which didn't even get electricity till my father had graduated high school. He entered the service and special forces during the Korean war. When he got out, he decided that college was the way to go, and got his Masters. He was the first in all of our family to see college. I am second generation. We still live on that old farm, and I followed in his footsteps with the military and then degree. I have probably hauled more hay, fed more animals, shoveled more manure, and hoed more crops than most on this board combined.

You want yards back. When I grew up, white, black, Hispanic, and Cambodian all were in the same classes. Each and every one of us could take the same information, and make the same choices. I was blessed, with a good brain, and descent athleticism -- so I didn't have it that tough. I was expected to work hard, play hard, and accomplish. Things weren't given to me -- I had to work for them. So no, I don't consider what happened over a half decade to multiple decades ago to be something that I need to pay for. Maybe you feel entitled, but not me.

Let's go back a little farther, were the Native American Indians discriminated against? Were they lynched and slaughtered? Should we owe them the land back? If so, my great, great grandmother was full blood Cherokee and was a survivor of the Trail of Tears. Does that mean that you owe me something? (No it doesn't)

A little farther back. Na Nevermind..........why keep showing examples when you can't stop living in the past. Yes, I'll admit there were past injustices. I did not slaughter any indians, I have not owned a slave, I have not lynched anyone, so why do you want me to pay for "crimes/things" that I did not do?

The only thing I can do is stop seeing skin color, or gender, etc and see a person. Just another one of God's creation. Now his actions determine my reaction to him. If he wants to act like a suicide bomber or a murderer --- then I might have to stop him. If he acts like a well meaning hard worker -- then I might have to work with him. If he is like my brother-in-law who is in his 20's and thinks he is entitled to start at the top making great pay, but hasn't put in the time or work in, and always takes the easy way out --then like him, I would expect him to end up in jail. Our actions and choices in life determine the outcome -- not our past.

I will end on a quote though -- He who does not learn from the past, is destined to repeat it.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #37
92bDad
Platinum Member

With respect...I am taking a break from the hate talk that this topic enable.

I along with others are responsible for the nasty turn that has taken place.

Many of us here have taken part is some racist overtones, however in my heart, I do not believe that any of us here on this board are in fact racist...we simply have some reactions to life experience that we in turn have written some things that we may or may not have otherwise stated.

I can say that for many of us, I must respectfully agree to disagree, perhaps it is time to find a way to tolerate our opposing viewpoints.

I personally don't see skin color, I'm like Stephen Colbert and I'm color blind. I can only hope that others can see my views based on issues, and not get defensive and pull out the race card because I happen to not care for a certain individuals views.

It is clear that I support McCain/Palin and that I oppose Obama/Biden...My position is based 100% on substantive issues and has nothing to do with race. The mear fact that anyone has to defend this is lunacy.

Well it's time to move on and to seek Change that we Believe in, McCain/Palin 08'
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #38
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
So it doesn't matter what I said, but what you thought I said. Ah, I understand now

Oh ok, so it is up to you to determine the undertone of what is written. Anyone anywhere can take just about anything said -- and say it has racist, or discriminate undertones. So I guess you are correct -- to you what I wrote had racist undertones. For that I apologize to you -- I didn't mean to come across with racist undertones to anyone.

You are missing my point here. I showed you specially where your post seemed a bit racist. I do accept your apology.

Sure I get that there is training. From a business perspective, how much I am willing to spend to get XXXXX amount of output is the question. What does it cost me, in order to get this output from the company. If the output from my wallet, is larger than the output of the employee -- then my company goes under. Do you understand that?

Trust me, I do understand about business. I am a business owner. My whole point went over your head. My point that talked about training, was the fact that you lumped training into Afirmative Action, which I truly disagree 1000%.

So you are saying that all generations are one 100yd dash race. That each generation is not a new race, but the same old one. Is that what you are saying?

In my parents generation, they grew up as subsistence farmers which didn't even get electricity till my father had graduated high school. He entered the service and special forces during the Korean war. When he got out, he decided that college was the way to go, and got his Masters. He was the first in all of our family to see college. I am second generation. We still live on that old farm, and I followed in his footsteps with the military and then degree. I have probably hauled more hay, fed more animals, shoveled more manure, and hoed more crops than most on this board combined.

You want yards back. When I grew up, white, black, Hispanic, and Cambodian all were in the same classes. Each and every one of us could take the same information, and make the same choices. I was blessed, with a good brain, and descent athleticism -- so I didn't have it that tough. I was expected to work hard, play hard, and accomplish. Things weren't given to me -- I had to work for them. So no, I don't consider what happened over a half decade to multiple decades ago to be something that I need to pay for. Maybe you feel entitled, but not me.

Please dont compare your parents to generations of blacks. It is no comparison other to say that a few other whites did not have it as good as the Elite whites. So, if you dont think 300 years of oppression does not mean anything these days, then you not only are trying to play down slavery, but you want once again made another racist undertoned statement, so when your arguements about Afirmative Action is lumped with this statement, I get a better understanding on you all together. Basically, you are saying "So What" that Blacks were oppressed for 300 years, lynched, treated unfairly, raped, enslaved and downright beat down from jobs to education. Since whites are not doing now or in the last 30 years, we should get over it and just accept what we have now no matter what. We should also say, is government we forgive you and the slave-owners that made big money from slavery and now own the biggest companies, and you can hire whomever you want, no matter who is qualified???? I get it now! You want your cake and eat it too... I understand now..

Let's go back a little farther, were the Native American Indians discriminated against? Were they lynched and slaughtered? Should we owe them the land back? If so, my great, great grandmother was full blood Cherokee and was a survivor of the Trail of Tears. Does that mean that you owe me something? (No it doesn't)

Yes, Native Americans were lynched as well, and they as a whole never been able to recover, but they were given part of their land back along with reparations. Please learn your history abit more, because they did get some of their land back, have you not been to Oklahoma or visited casinos in different areas of the country, or maybe you are just not old enough to know this?

A little farther back. Na Nevermind..........why keep showing examples when you can't stop living in the past. Yes, I'll admit there were past injustices. I did not slaughter any indians, I have not owned a slave, I have not lynched anyone, so why do you want me to pay for "crimes/things" that I did not do?

Son, you dont owe ME a dime. As of matter of fact, I am the last person who will say I have been held back. I was NOT held back, and I got EVERYTHING I wanted in life, and "CAN" do or get "WHATEVER" I like or want (Reasonable terms), I am very fortunate and BLESSED. GOD has looked down on it, and I am in GOD'S favor.

The only thing I can do is stop seeing skin color, or gender, etc and see a person. Just another one of God's creation. Now his actions determine my reaction to him. If he wants to act like a suicide bomber or a murderer --- then I might have to stop him. If he acts like a well meaning hard worker -- then I might have to work with him. If he is like my brother-in-law who is in his 20's and thinks he is entitled to start at the top making great pay, but hasn't put in the time or work in, and always takes the easy way out --then like him, I would expect him to end up in jail. Our actions and choices in life determine the outcome -- not our past.

I will end on a quote though -- He who does not learn from the past, is destined to repeat it.
I put my comments in red above. Just a quick question back at you. Do you know what the Jim Crow laws were, and what effect do you think it has today?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #39
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
With respect...I am taking a break from the hate talk that this topic enable.

I along with others are responsible for the nasty turn that has taken place.

Many of us here have taken part is some racist overtones, however in my heart, I do not believe that any of us here on this board are in fact racist...we simply have some reactions to life experience that we in turn have written some things that we may or may not have otherwise stated.

I can say that for many of us, I must respectfully agree to disagree, perhaps it is time to find a way to tolerate our opposing viewpoints.

I personally don't see skin color, I'm like Stephen Colbert and I'm color blind. I can only hope that others can see my views based on issues, and not get defensive and pull out the race card because I happen to not care for a certain individuals views.

It is clear that I support McCain/Palin and that I oppose Obama/Biden...My position is based 100% on substantive issues and has nothing to do with race. The mear fact that anyone has to defend this is lunacy.

Well it's time to move on and to seek Change that we Believe in, McCain/Palin 08'
I guess now you are the victim? How fitting You have clearly been the poster that has shown to "APPEAR" the most racist. By the way, I know about the code word "Muslim" that is labeled on Obama. It has been widely reported that it 'HAS" appeared that this is the new code word to say that Obama is "Black". I did not say it, the news reports have been talking about it alot lately. Also, as you watch the media the biggest thing in the news is "Race and Politics". There is a reason for this, and it is exactly what I said it was. I dont try to sugar coat it, so that is why I say things here on the message board, because I do see these undertones here. I just dont see the polls as it states, and I do believe Obama has a slim chance of winning. In my heart, I want to be wrong, but in my soul, I see this coming a mile away. I also see the new reports talking about how the Independents and Undecided have decided the election and for some reason they sided with McCain and now the race is up to McCain to lose.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #40
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
I guess now you are the victim? How fitting You have clearly been the poster that has shown to "APPEAR" the most racist. By the way, I know about the code word "Muslim" that is labeled on Obama. It has been widely reported that it 'HAS" appeared that this is the new code word to say that Obama is "Black". I did not say it, the news reports have been talking about it alot lately. Also, as you watch the media the biggest thing in the news is "Race and Politics". There is a reason for this, and it is exactly what I said it was. I dont try to sugar coat it, so that is why I say things here on the message board, because I do see these undertones here. I just dont see the polls as it states, and I do believe Obama has a slim chance of winning. In my heart, I want to be wrong, but in my soul, I see this coming a mile away. I also see the new reports talking about how the Independents and Undecided have decided the election and for some reason they sided with McCain and now the race is up to McCain to lose.
For what it's worth, I honestly had no clue about some "Code" as you pointed out. Your post reporting "Muslim" is "Black" is the first time I have heard or read of any such thing.

So is there some unknown code when I make a statement that I believe Obama is a bad candidate for America.

I support McCain/Palin

I am against Obama/Biden

Is there some underlying overtone of a code in my position? Please educate me...

Tags
fluffy banter