Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say, Flaco: that sig is tight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you chum, that is very kind.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #43
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why you didn't just brush this off, Silk.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #44
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Either you are too young or quit school, because I learned the most about JFK in my history books.
Why don't you come out and say what you REALLY want to say???? Yea, I'm Asian and I majored in Electrical Engineering, not history. Yea, I didn't really study history or arts in school.

So which is it: you despise Asians for being too good at math or you got kicked out of kung fu school as a kid? Why don't you stop hiding and say what you really think? Why do you think the PSAT scores used to double the Verbal score, but not the Math? Why do you think the NAACP lobbied to have the Math doubled for only some minorities but not Asians??? HMM????? ..........Or am I mistakenly reading your response as only being able to be interpreted in one of two idiotic ways?

But that paranoia is genuinely beside the point. What about JFK's childhood and early political career did you learn in school?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Why don't you come out and say what you REALLY want to say???? Yea, I'm Asian and I majored in Electrical Engineering, not history. Yea, I didn't really study history or arts in school.

So which is it: you despise Asians for being too good at math or you got kicked out of kung fu school as a kid? Why don't you stop hiding and say what you really think? Why do you think the PSAT scores used to double the Verbal score, but not the Math? Why do you think the NAACP lobbied to have the Math doubled for only some minorities but not Asians??? HMM????? ..........Or am I mistakenly reading your response as only being able to be interpreted in one of two idiotic ways?

But that paranoia is genuinely beside the point. What about JFK's childhood and early political career did you learn in school?
This here is fantastic. That is all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #46
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Only idiot is your post talking about talking about Asians. What does Asians have to do with racist jokes about blacks? Silly dude, get back to your books. As of matter of fact what does NAACP have to do with these racist jokes here? Yes, you have decided to interpret in two idiotic ways. So, is it now about the Asians? If so, who made the joke and show me the post? Or are you offended that I am offended about the black jokes? These are all logical questions.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #47
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Not sure why you didn't just brush this off, Silk.
Are you saying I should have brushed off that racist post?
No, I will not, and now we really know what kind several of these moderators are. We got one of them here defending racist jokes and remarks. Just look around this thread. Murphy makes a racist joke, then he and his friends attack me for being offended about this racist joke....Now, you got this Asian guy making up stuff to say I despise Asians because I dont like racist jokes about blacks..
Old 10-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #48
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You want me to tell you that you are proficient at divining the race of d-m.com members now? Well I suppose you'd have to tell us how you do it before any such concession could be made.
So, I guess you did not want to take me up on that bet? Just what I thought change the issue to something else. Mr.Moderator what did you do about that racist post? Or about that person who posted it?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #49
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Silly dude, get back to your books.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the smoovest thing you've said, and now we all know the TRUTH!

Quote:
As of matter of fact what does NAACP have to do with these racist jokes here? Yes, you have decided to interpret in two idiotic ways. So, is it now about the Asians? If so, who made the joke and show me the post? Or are you offended that I am offended about the black jokes? These are all logical questions.
I think you missed the quid pro quo. And you continue to ask questions under the assumption that we all use coin flips to choose our answers. So riddle me this, did you start beating your children before or after you used cocaine? Well, which is it??? Answer me!

I am offended that you race baited me, thinking I was a racist for no particular reason. Thank you for looking down on everyone here who disagreed with you by preemptively labeling us as racists.

Oh yea, so how much of JFK's childhood and early political career did you learn from school?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-14-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #50
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the smoovest thing you've said, and now we all know the TRUTH!

I think you missed the quid pro quo. And you continue to ask questions under the assumption that we all use coin flips to choose our answers. So riddle me this, did you start beating your children before or after you used cocaine? Well, which is it??? Answer me!

I am offended that you race baited me, thinking I was a racist for no particular reason. Thank you for looking down on everyone here who disagreed with you by preemptively labeling us as racists.
You just called yourself racist. Now, go play the victim of hate crime. Did you mommy continue to commit adultery even though your father knew? Did you know your father is really your uncle? Or did your mom forget to tell you? Or all three Dont forget I am too using quid pro quo. Now, keep my kids out of your mouth...

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #51
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is credit-esque.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-14-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #52
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

many times the most difficult concept to communicate online is humour. words intended to be expressed in a funny way just can't be expressed the same written as they can be when spoken.

we can typically catch when a poster is being funny, or at least when they try to be funny. other times a post is read thinking it is funny when the author never intended it to be and wrote the post in all seriousness.

here we have both cases....

maybe what posters should do is to use the [sarcasm] label. all sarcastic posts could be mandated to use the label in deference to the d-m.com readers who have a deficiency in the funny side of things, so they can realize when to not take a post seriously.

at the same time, people who miss the sarcasm should just take a deep breath when they realize their mistake of taking the sarcastic post seriously, and come back with a better understanding.

in this instance that would be an understanding that d-m.com is not a community that tolerates discrimination. people may have a difference of opinion on political candidates but nobody that I read bases that difference of opinion on the race or religion of any candidate.

except of course the irish....
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #53
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
You just called yourself racist. Now, go play the victim of hate crime. Did you mommy continue to commit adultery even though your father knew? Did you know your father is really your uncle? Or did your mom forget to tell you? Or all three Dont forget I am too using quid pro quo. Now, keep my kids out of your mouth...
I have to give credit where credit is due... those are some well-crafted questions. But, I seem to have struck a nerve with the coin flipping. Not so comfortable on the receiving end, is it? Maybe you should reconsider posting in that manner.

And back to the more important issue, you learned nothing about JFK's childhood or early political career from school. Perhaps this is a salient point to consider: how much did you learn about Geraldine Ferraro's childhood and early political career from school? Remember her 15-page discourse?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #54
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I don't think they should put any African Americans in literature books. We all know that blacks can't read.
Jesus........why even say something like this at all? Whether it be sarcastic or whatever? Have some class and take inconsideration that there are minorities on this board.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #55
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I have to give credit where credit is due... those are some well-crafted questions. But, I seem to have struck a nerve with the coin flipping. Not so comfortable on the receiving end, is it? Maybe you should reconsider posting in that manner.

And back to the more important issue, you learned nothing about JFK's childhood or early political career from school. Perhaps this is a salient point to consider: how much did you learn about Geraldine Ferraro's childhood and early political career from school? Remember her 15-page discourse?
The debate and this thread had nothing to do with who you are talking about. The thread was about Obama being placed in history books. My point was that Obama has made history and deserves to be in history books. I dont care how many pages, but if they choose 15 pages, so be it. Rather you like or dislike Obama has nothing to do with it other than an educational institution decided to put Obama in the history book.

This is a honor for Obama. It should not be made into drama AGAINST Obama. Then to follow up with the blacks cant read and the abolishing of Afirmative Action has no place here. I just pointed it out. If it had racist jokes/remarks about Asians you would be equally upset.

As MavDog talked about, racist jokes online is hard to do. The post was direct and had no smiley faces or nothing, just a racist statement only. Even with the smiley faces it would still be bad, but not we can somewhat take it as not being your true feelings. That has nothing to do with thin skin. It was wrong. Plain and simple.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As MavDog talked about, racist jokes online is hard to do. The post was direct and had no smiley faces or nothing, just a racist statement only. Even with the smiley faces it would still be bad, but not we can somewhat take it as not being your true feelings. That has nothing to do with thin skin. It was wrong. Plain and simple.
So wait...did you read Mavdog's post?

Because this:

Quote:
at the same time, people who miss the sarcasm should just take a deep breath when they realize their mistake of taking the sarcastic post seriously, and come back with a better understanding.
...is referring to YOU, Silk. Are you willing to accept Murphy's statement that he was kidding, and that he in fact does belive that race has nothing to do with the ability to read?

Because you don't appear to be willing to accept his explanation. If that's the case him labeling his post with smileys or a sarcasm label would have made no difference to you and your ability to drop the race card at a moment's notice.

BTW, there are well established, well respected members of this board that are not white, and no one, before you, has ever laid down a blanket accusation of this board and its moderators as being racist. So maybe you need to look in the mirror on this one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #57
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Silk Smoove is right!

(sarcasm)

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #58
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

silk, it is not a history book, it is a literature textbook. it would be a different discussion if it were a history textbook, but it isn't.

the entry in the book is the obama convention speech from 2004. that was a well crafted speech, and I can understand why it could be included in a literature textbook.

as for 15 pages, well, that seems over the top.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #59
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
The debate and this thread had nothing to do with who you are talking about. The thread was about Obama being placed in history books. My point was that Obama has made history and deserves to be in history books. I dont care how many pages, but if they choose 15 pages, so be it. Rather you like or dislike Obama has nothing to do with it other than an educational institution decided to put Obama in the history book.
REVISIONIST HISTORY

This was your response to my post about not wanting public schooling:
Quote:
What is the problem with putting black man in the history books? Or is it the fact he is a democrat? Which one is it to make you not want to put your kids at that school?
If not for your blatant race-baiting through ridiculous questions, I think the thread might have stayed closer on point. Face it: you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

I think I have been very clear that the reason this makes me uncomfortable about public schooling is that it seems like political indoctrination. I am comfortable with a description of it on the level of Geraldine Ferraro until November 2. After that, I am comfortable with a description of it on the level of JFK and other presidents of note. There are word counts in between 15 pages and tidbits that are probably more appropriate.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-14-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #60
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So wait...did you read Mavdog's post?

Because this:

...is referring to YOU, Silk. Are you willing to accept Murphy's statement that he was kidding, and that he in fact does belive that race has nothing to do with the ability to read?

Because you don't appear to be willing to accept his explanation. If that's the case him labeling his post with smileys or a sarcasm label would have made no difference to you and your ability to drop the race card at a moment's notice.

BTW, there are well established, well respected members of this board that are not white, and no one, before you, has ever laid down a blanket accusation of this board and its moderators as being racist. So maybe you need to look in the mirror on this one.
Dont tell me what I have to accept? Your job as a moderator is to "CORRECT" this type of things as it happens. Your job is NOT to take sides and decide who MUST accept jokes of racist sarcasm. Nobody has to ACCEPT racist sarcasm. You sound silly. Racist sarcasm has NO place here PERIOD. Mavdog was making a blank statement for all sides, BUT it all starts with the RACIST REMARKS. PERIOD!!! Rather said in sarcasm or not. PERIOD. Now, when you as a moderator feed into this it makes it worse. I emailed a couple of moderators on this issue as well, to see what would be done. What was done? Tell me what did YOU as a moderator do about this racist post? Dont worry about me, do what is right about Racist remarks. It should not be made PERIOD.

Now, sarcasm about other things is fine, but when online, just use the sarcastic rolles face, but when it comes to racist jokes, it has no place.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #61
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The following image summarizes my feelings on this thread.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-14-2008 at 05:56 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #62
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
silk, it is not a history book, it is a literature textbook. it would be a different discussion if it were a history textbook, but it isn't.

the entry in the book is the obama convention speech from 2004. that was a well crafted speech, and I can understand why it could be included in a literature textbook.

as for 15 pages, well, that seems over the top.
Now, see I can understand your post, because you made your point very clear and it did not involve any type of statement that could be taken wrong. But, as you know the responses they made was not like this. They even went so far as to say they would never put their kid in a school system that had Obama in a book. Now thats alot over the top, so I asked a question that was lurking. Was it because he was black or because he was a Democrat? I wanted to see why there stance was so strong that Obama does not deserve to be in a book like that. Then to go so far as caling the company political motivated for Obama because they chose him was too far too.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Dont tell me what I have to accept? Your job as a moderator is to "CORRECT" this type of things as it happens. Your job is NOT to take sides and decide who MUST accept jokes of racist sarcasm. Nobody has to ACCEPT racist sarcasm. You sound silly. Racist sarcasm has NO place here PERIOD. Mavdog was making a blank statement for all sides, BUT it all starts with the RACIST REMARKS. PERIOD!!! Rather said in sarcasm or not. PERIOD. Now, when you as a moderator feed into this it makes it worse. I emailed a couple of moderators on this issue as well, to see what would be done. What was done? Tell me what did YOU as a moderator do about this racist post? Dont worry about me, do what is right about Racist remarks. It should not be made PERIOD.

Now, sarcasm about other things is fine, but when online, just use the sarcastic rolles face, but when it comes to racist jokes, it has no place.
The ironic thing is without your rampant race baiting over the past week or so, Murph doesn't make that joke.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #64
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're in need of some diversity training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxdlt...eature=related

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-14-2008 at 06:00 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #65
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Now thats alot over the top, so I asked a question that was lurking. Was it because he was black or because he was a Democrat?
That's race baiting Silk. And it's a stupid question. Do those same people object to Martin Luther King being in their history books? George Washington Carver?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #66
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
The ironic thing is without your rampant race baiting over the past week or so, Murph doesn't make that joke.
Only ironic is to assume that you know why he did it. Once again you are giving him a free pass on racist jokes, and I should accept it because you feel I have been race baiting?

Keep in mind, you are not Murph!!!! So I just dont get it... All I get is that we have too many people sitting around with so called power letting stuff like this go. Not once have you said a single thing to Murph here about the racist post. Not once!!!!! But as you know, I know you would be quick to attack me on it.. doodoo, get off your as* and do something about this doodoo. That is my point. Do something about these racist remarks, and see if THEN you feel I am race baiting. Fix that!!!

Last edited by jthig32; 10-14-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Only ironic is to assume that you know why he did it. Once again you are giving him a free pass on racist jokes, and I should accept it because you feel I have been race baiting?

Keep in mind, you are not Murph!!!! So I just dont get it... All I get is that we have too many people sitting around with so called power letting stuff like this go. Not once have you said a single thing to Murph here about the racist post. Not once!!!!! But as you know, I know you would be quick to attack me on it.. doodoo, get off your as* and do something about this doodoo. That is my point. Do something about these racist remarks, and see if THEN you feel I am race baiting. Fix that!!!
Silk, honestly, do you think he was being serious? Simple question.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #68
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
That's race baiting Silk. And it's a stupid question. Do those same people object to Martin Luther King being in their history books? George Washington Carver?
I was hoping he choose Democrat or any other thing. I dont know what they object to, Do you? Only way to find out is to ask the question. By the way, it was a Literature Book.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #69
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Silk, honestly, do you think he was being serious? Simple question.
Is it not clear how I felt on this issue?????? Question to you. Is there a place here for racist posts like that? Simple question.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I was hoping he choose Democrat or any other thing. I dont know what they object to, Do you? Only way to find out is to ask the question. By the way, it was a Literature Book.
Trust me, I'm aware it was a Literature book. I read the original article, and all the other people pointing out that fact to you. The examples I cited, however, would normally appear in a history book, no?

I don't care what you were hoping he would say. Asking if it's because he's black is stupid, it's race baiting, and it's not the first time you've been the first person to bring race into a discussion, and then scream racism from the rooftops.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Is it not clear how I felt on this issue?????? Question to you. Is there a place here for racist posts like that? Simple question.
If I thought there was even the slightest chance he was being serious, I would have deleted it the instant I read it. That's the truth.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #72
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
except of course the irish....
Are you going to attack Mavdog as well silk, for this? Because it is the exact same thing. It's SARCASM.

I don't believe for a moment that anyone here is racist. In my experience, sports fans are extraordinarily open minded. Almost everyone here likes Football and Baseball, some of us like hockey, some soccer, tennis...whatever...and we all love the NBA. We're not racists.

What we are, is sarcastic. You don't have to not be offended silk, but you do have to recognize that 99% of us saw that post, and Murphys', as sarcastic. It was so clearly ridiculous and sarcastic that I never even thought for one millisecond that it was not a complete joke. We are not going to moderate sarcasm. You will find it in the VAST majority of threads on this board.

And you did it again with DirkFTW's post. SARCASM, and it set you off again. You're consistent, we'll give you that.

Put anyone you deem racist on ignore, because it is an opinion that is in the minority (unfortunate pun) and moderators aren't going to start indiscriminately banning people for trying to be funny. Some humor is in bad taste, we all have to deal with it.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #73
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
They even went so far as to say they would never put their kid in a school system that had Obama in a book.
That's gotta be me you're talking about and I did not say that. Go look at what I said. Someone once said, "Only a fool makes more of what I say."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silke Smoov
Now thats alot over the top, so I asked a question that was lurking. Was it because he was black or because he was a Democrat? I wanted to see why there stance was so strong that Obama does not deserve to be in a book like that.
1. You race-baited.
2. You assumed race had something to do with it.
3. You assumed I might be a racist when you asked. It's so wonderful that you view us all as potential racists until we prove otherwise.
4. I told you, I have no problem with an objective portrayal of Obama. Indoctrination, on the other hand, is scary stuff. This scares me given what other stuff is going on in elementary schools (see the article I posted).
5. Who can spot the coin flip question? Who can spot the question that is crafted presuming there are only one of two possible explanations?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #74
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
If I thought there was even the slightest chance he was being serious, I would have deleted it the instant I read it. That's the truth.
Slighted chance huh? Now, lets get to the point here. You say you claim to know Murph, but clearly you DONT know me. I am not race baiting. That is how I feel. I am not setting traps. I am point out what I see. So, from here on out, UNDERSTAND, that I am not setting a bait for racism. I am pointing out as a black person I am offended or it sounds racist. Now, you know me, because I told you. Now, what do you do about that?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #75
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Slighted chance huh? Now, lets get to the point here. You say you claim to know Murph, but clearly you DONT know me. I am not race baiting. That is how I feel. I am not setting traps. I am point out what I see. So, from here on out, UNDERSTAND, that I am not setting a bait for racism. I am pointing out as a black person I am offended or it sounds racist. Now, you know me, because I told you. Now, what do you do about that?
As non-black people, we find it offensive that you presume our disagreements are because of the color of your (or other people's) skin.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 10-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #76
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Those were some pretty good two pages on a critical issue. Respect.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #77
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
That's gotta be me you're talking about and I did not say that. Go look at what I said. Someone once said, "Only a fool makes more of what I say."

1. You race-baited.
2. You assumed race had something to do with it.
3. You assumed I might be a racist when you asked. It's so wonderful that you view us all as potential racists until we prove otherwise.
4. I told you, I have no problem with an objective portrayal of Obama. Indoctrination, on the other hand, is scary stuff. This scares me given what other stuff is going on in elementary schools (see the article I posted).
5. Who can spot the coin flip question? Who can spot the question that is crafted presuming there are only one of two possible explanations?
Look at your #1 and #2. Your #2 is 100% correct. Like your #2 suggested, I assumed race MAY had something to do with it.

Now, lets go back to the story about what the lady said. First, she sounded a bit racist (TO ME), when she said why is McCain, Palin or Hilary not included. Then she said Obama has really NOT down anything (Clearly that is wrong in EVERY sense). She then went on to call ALL teachers LIBERALS, and to top it off she made it into a political thing against Obama. Now add all this up, and tell me that she does sound a bit over the top, as of matter of fact alot over the top. She could not just stop at the literature book, she made it personal. That lady was over the top. There was nothing wrong with Obama being in that book. Now 15 pages, that could be another issue that I would not argue on that fact.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just going on the record as saying I may or may not be a black woman.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #79
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
As non-black people, we find it offensive that you presume our disagreements are because of the color of your (or other people's) skin.
Who is we? Are you talking about Asians?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #80
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

"First, she sounded a bit racist (TO ME), "

No poo. That' s always your first thought.

*edited by sike to make it funnier and forum appropriate*

Last edited by sike; 10-14-2008 at 06:35 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote