Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #81
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Are you going to attack Mavdog as well silk, for this? Because it is the exact same thing. It's SARCASM.

I don't believe for a moment that anyone here is racist. In my experience, sports fans are extraordinarily open minded. Almost everyone here likes Football and Baseball, some of us like hockey, some soccer, tennis...whatever...and we all love the NBA. We're not racists.

What we are, is sarcastic. You don't have to not be offended silk, but you do have to recognize that 99% of us saw that post, and Murphys', as sarcastic. It was so clearly ridiculous and sarcastic that I never even thought for one millisecond that it was not a complete joke. We are not going to moderate sarcasm. You will find it in the VAST majority of threads on this board.

And you did it again with DirkFTW's post. SARCASM, and it set you off again. You're consistent, we'll give you that.

Put anyone you deem racist on ignore, because it is an opinion that is in the minority (unfortunate pun) and moderators aren't going to start indiscriminately banning people for trying to be funny. Some humor is in bad taste, we all have to deal with it.
Who do you speak on the behalf of, because I have seen many posters pointing out about racist things that go on here. I DONT have to recognize that 99% of posts are sarcastic. What you need to do is realize then that 99% of posts are AGAINST community board standards that were made here. Do you NOT see this as an issue, that 99% of the posts are against the rules and regulations of this message board? You are missing the point on purpose. All you have to do is correct that poster and show others here that you DONT tolerate racist sarcasm here on this message board. Is that too hard to do?

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-14-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #82
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'm just going on the record as saying I may or may not be a black woman.
See the difference above? That post above is clearly sarcasm. Maybe I am not up to all this 99% sarcasm stuff, but those racist sarcasm does not have a place here. Again, this post by Sike was sarcasm to me, AND funny.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-14-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #83
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

An Asian guy brushing it off.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #84
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Slighted chance huh? Now, lets get to the point here. You say you claim to know Murph, but clearly you DONT know me. I am not race baiting. That is how I feel. I am not setting traps. I am point out what I see. So, from here on out, UNDERSTAND, that I am not setting a bait for racism. I am pointing out as a black person I am offended or it sounds racist. Now, you know me, because I told you. Now, what do you do about that?
You are race baiting. This is not the first time you've introduced race as a possible factor in people disagreeing with your point of view. Do you not see how that is completely offensive? "You don't agree with me, so you must be basing your opinion on racism". I mean seriously, that's what you're saying.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #85
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See the difference above? That post above is clearly sarcasm. Maybe I am not up to all this 99% sarcasm stuff, but those racist sarcasm does not have a place here. Again, this post by Sike was sarcasm to me, AND funny.
But it was sarcastic and race related.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #86
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You are race baiting. This is not the first time you've introduced race as a possible factor in people disagreeing with your point of view. Do you not see how that is completely offensive? "You don't agree with me, so you must be basing your opinion on racism". I mean seriously, that's what you're saying.
Now, you are race baiting. My post had nothing to do with race. All my post talked about was the fact he claimed to know Murph, which then he claimed he knows whenever Murph is being sarcastic. So, when he lumps all my posts into race baiting, then he is claiming to know me? BUT, I have said I was NOT race baiting, I was taking those posts like I stated, which means it was NOT a bait, it is how I saw it.

Question for you. Was that post that Murph made a racist post rather sarcastic or not?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #87
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
But it was sarcastic and race related.
Your post is race baiting.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh...my....gosh.

It's like we're in second grade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #89
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Oh...my....gosh.

It's like we're in second grade.
Question was very clear. Do you have an answer or not?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #90
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Question was very clear. Do you have an answer or not?
I'm done with you. You've now accused me and Flac of being racist AND race baiting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #91
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I think we're in need of some diversity training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxdlt...eature=related
Yeah, but no Arab jokes - that would be a little too explosive (no pun intended).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #92
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I'm done with you. You've now accused me and Flac of being racist AND race baiting.
Like I thought. Could not even answer the little question. How fitting that now you want to play the victim. You are lousy at deflecting blame, I caught you red handed. Are you going to answer the question or avoid it like you have been doing?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Like I thought. Could not even answer the little question. How fitting that now you want to play the victim. You are lousy at deflecting blame, I caught you red handed. Are you going to answer the question or avoid it like you have been doing?
You haven't "caught" me at anything, Silk. I, like just about everyone else around, enjoyed this board much more before you were here. So I'm going to stop responding to your drivel and go on with my life.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #94
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
You haven't "caught" me at anything, Silk. I, like just about everyone else around, enjoyed this board much more before you were here. So I'm going to stop responding to your drivel and go on with my life.
Mr.Speaker of the board speaks again for everyone. All while avoiding the question.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #95
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

If God could give me ONE thing that I would cherish right now it would be a silk free board.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #96
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who is we? Are you talking about Asians?
Let's check what you quoted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
As non-black people, we find it offensive that you presume our disagreements are because of the color of your (or other people's) skin.
So that looks like the non-black people you disagree with. Perhaps that's presumptuous. How about I leave it as a proposition that people can cosign onto.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-14-2008 at 08:08 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #97
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Let's check what you quoted.

So that looks like the non-black people you disagree with. Perhaps that's presumptuous. How about I leave it as a proposition that people can cosign onto.
I guess you dont get it, because what I am talking about is "WE" word in your complete statement. I did not know if you were speaking on behalf of all Asians or all Non-blacks. Just wanted to figure out who you are claiming to represent in this matter, because you said you were speaking on behalf of "We". Just wondering who appointed you the leader of all non-blacks? I wonder how all non-blacks feel about your leadership. Jusy saying, because you said "We".
Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #98
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
If God could give me ONE thing that I would cherish right now it would be a silk free board.
You have the power, so dont ask God to do your dirty work.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #99
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Can I have his vcash and rep points before he goes?

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #100
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Can I have his vcash and rep points before he goes?
Dont you have the power as well? Take your best shot at banning me for nothing. Go ahead big man.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #101
alby
Guru

Trust me, if I had the power--this thread would have never happened.

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By the power of Grayskull, I have the power!!!
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #103
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Now, here is where I agree with you 100%. I wish Mary would accidently delete this entire thread. Seriously,
Old 10-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #104
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I find the thread too humorous to delete. Otherwise, I'd instruct the moderators to delete the thread.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another reason to do away with public schools.

Uh oh...is that racist too?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-14-2008 at 09:34 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #106
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have the power, so dont ask God to do your dirty work.
Ummmm..... no I don't.

Now I could if you would start spamming up the board. Care to help me out there a bit? This site bans by committee. Otherwise my stress levels would have never been so high as they have the last few days. And all the thanks goes to you. And I mean that in the least racist way I could possibly mean it, although I am sure you will disagree.

(**********NOTE************* - Outside of the fact that this board bans by committee and that somehow my stress levels get higher when I come to this board lately, the rest was SARCASM)
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 PM   #107
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think I found a pic of Silk online:

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 10-14-2008 at 11:49 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #108
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I think I found a pic of Silk online:

Ok, I tried my best to get mad at you for that, but all I could do is spit on the computer laughing....LMAO...