Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all
Default http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

Click to compare your tax savings under the plans of the two candidates:

http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

And here's an entertaining video of Al the Shoesalesman on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99HzP6BQm5Y

Last edited by minkbarn; 10-22-2008 at 10:14 AM.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkbarn View Post
Click to compare your tax savings under the plans of the two candidiates:

http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

And here's an entertaining video of Al the Shoesalesman on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99HzP6BQm5Y
It's not a tax cut if you don't pay taxes.

And I'm really surprised that none of the Dems in the forum are outraged that Obama plans to dip into Social Security funds to pay for this tax "cut".
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

But it is a tax cut if you do pay taxes, like everyone in the middle class.

I save $1000 with Obama. How about you?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see where you factor in the rise in goods and services as a result of raising the corporate tax rate, windfall profits tax, inflation, etc...

And where is the box where I factor in how much I will lose because of my investments and a rise in the capital gains tax?

And what about people who will lose their jobs due to a deepening recession caused in part by raising taxes in a volatile economic climate? Where do they enter that information?

And what does "working family" mean? Which families aren't working? And how do we define middle class?

This page is confusing.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-22-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But it is a tax cut if you do pay taxes, like everyone in the middle class.

I save $1000 with Obama. How about you?
I'm doing just fine with the tax rates where they are.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I don't see where you factor in the rise in goods and services as a result of raising the corporate tax rate, windfall profits tax, inflation, etc...

And where is the box where I factor in how much I will lose because of my investments and a rise in the capital gains tax?

And what about people who will lose their jobs due to a deepening recession caused in part by raising taxes in a volatile economic climate? Where do they enter that information?

And what does "working family" mean? Which families aren't working? And how do we define middle class?

This page is confusing.
Stop it! You're raising what Al Gore would call "inconvenient truths".
Old 10-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I, like most people who make less money than you, will be very happy to take more money from you, rather than less. I, however, am very practical, and figure I can be more efficient than the government. Please turn off your alarm, I will be over sometime between midnight and 2 am.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!! If I turn on my beliefs and vote for Obama I get 1620 dollars!!!!!

Kind of like selling your soul.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-22-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to deduct for McCain's plan.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"To each according to his need, from each according to his ability." That's what my buddy Karl Marx always says. Short sightedness, laziness, and selfishness never sounded so good.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post

For 30 silver coins, or somesuch...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1620! you rich bastard! I only get 1000. I think you should get 1210 and I should get 1410. That's the only fair way to do it.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #12
minkbarn

Whoa everyone. McCain is supposed to be the tax cutter, but every one of us here is saving more on taxes with Obama.

Vote for the candidate of your choice. But Obama is the one keeping more money in your and my pocket.

With Senator McCain YOUR taxes will be higher. Think about it.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #13
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I'm doing just fine with the tax rates where they are.
were you doing just fine in 1999 with the taxes where they were then?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

"You will probably not get a tax cut under the Obama-Biden plan."

Hey, the numbers disappeared...

And why is everything for Obama in multiples of $500? Am I not trying out the right combination?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-22-2008 at 10:42 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #15
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Whoa everyone. McCain is supposed to be the tax cutter, but every one of us here is saving more on taxes with Obama.

Vote for the candidate of your choice. But Obama is the one keeping more money in your and my pocket.
But it's at the expense of grabbing more taxes from someone else (!), and most people see that as a slope. If he's willing to tax the richer people more now, then he's likely to tax the less richer people more tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

With Senator McCain YOUR taxes will be higher. Think about it.
Not according to The ONE's calculator. His calculator says I save 180 dollars with McCain. I would also feel more comfortable that the company I work for won't have to cut my job to pay for the taxes being levied on them by Obama's plan.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-22-2008 at 10:48 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And the taxes he will pass along up the line to people he arbitrarily decides can afford it will eventually pass it back to you via higher prices for goods and services, less jobs, and they'll spend less in the market place, resulting in a further slowing of the economy and less jobs, etc.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. You're not just going to get something for nothing, nor should you. They're trying to buy you off...sounds like it worked.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #18
minkbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
But it's at the expense of grabbing more taxes from someone else (!), and most people see that as a slope. If he's willing to tax the richer people more now, then he's likely to tax the less richer people more tomorrow.
There's nothing to indicate that. Senator Obama is cutting taxes for everyone here, and Senator McCain is not. There's no slope. It is what it is.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Not according to The ONE's calculator. His calculator says I save 180 dollars with McCain. I would also feel more comfortable that the company I work for won't have to cut my job to pay for the taxes being levied on them by Obama's plan.
Me too. I work for a retail company that sells things that are pretty frivalous. In the Obama/Carter-esque economy, I will likely lose my job.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
minkbarn

Quote:
And the taxes he will pass along up the line to people he arbitrarily decides can afford it will eventually pass it back to you via higher prices for goods and services, less jobs, and they'll spend less in the market place, resulting in a further slowing of the economy and less jobs, etc.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. You're not just going to get something for nothing, nor should you. They're trying to buy you off...sounds like it worked.

There's nothing to indicate that either. It is what it is. Obama will cut our taxes more than McCain. That's all there is to it.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
There's nothing to indicate that. Senator Obama is cutting taxes for everyone here, and Senator McCain is not. There's no slope. It is what it is.
You're not reading our posts carefully. It's not black and white.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #22
minkbarn

Quote:
You're not reading our posts carefully. It's not black and white.
I am reading everyone's posts carefully. And it is as clear cut as it can be.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So where's all that money going to come from?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Apparently, it's clear as mud.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
were you doing just fine in 1999 with the taxes where they were then?
Not nearly as well as I have done with the taxes where they are now.

The problem has not been with tax rates, but with spending.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I don't see how cutting taxes for anyone is going to benefit our country right now.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #27
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

here you go minkbarn,

Obama's people say spend more now (deficit fear should take a second seat) and increase taxes later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Mazjm_A5k