Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Uh, Perkins and Ibaka is pretty damn stout.
not compared to Boozer,Noah, and Gibson
Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
not compared to Boozer,Noah, and Gibson
Sure, but that's not what you said, bozo. You said OKC doesn't have a good frontline.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

"Uh no the difference is Bulls have a great front line and OKC doesn't "

OKC has a good but not great front line.

LAL
Chicago
Dallas
ATL

All have better front lines
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Just a little more about the KD/RW overrated debate....

If anyone watched any of round 1 I find it hard to think you wouldn't agree that Westbrook is overrated. Plus, it appears, he's got such a huge effing chip on his shoulder that he's not the #1 guy, that he tries to force things even more.

Now, KD on the other hand, excellent series. And if you note, I said he was a very good player...but he needs to continue to take over games late (like he did tonight) and develop more of his game before I'd put him with Bryant/James/Paul/Wade.

By the way, since it was mentioned that I was crazy for saying they were overrated because they were destroying the Thugs......

Denver shoots 72% from the line since the Melo trade.

Game 1 -- Thunder wins by 4 -- Thugs go 21-33 from the line (63%)
Game 3 -- Thunder wins by 3 -- Thugs go 30-45 from the line (67%)

This series was much, much, much closer than the 4-1 outcome portrays. And, in all reality, we could easily be looking at the Thugs advancing 4-1, just as easily as we are the Thunder advancing.

The Thugs are a collection of above average COLLEGE basketball players. Beating them by the skin of your teeth doesn't define greatness to me.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartywithDirk View Post
The Thugs are a collection of above average COLLEGE basketball players. Beating them by the skin of your teeth doesn't define greatness to me.
It's a 4-5 matchup. You expect it to be close. I don't know anyone who says that OKC is more than an up and coming team with a lot of potential. At most, people are looking out for a lightning strike in which they get to the WCF. People rank Durant in the top category of whatever, but nobody places anyone else there. Maybe Westbrook gets discussed as someone in the top category of second rank players or something. Anyway, I think that team and the players on it get rated pretty accurately.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
It's a 4-5 matchup. You expect it to be close. I don't know anyone who says that OKC is more than an up and coming team with a lot of potential. At most, people are looking out for a lightning strike in which they get to the WCF. People rank Durant in the top category of whatever, but nobody places anyone else there. Maybe Westbrook gets discussed as someone in the top category of second rank players or something. Anyway, I think that team and the players on it get rated pretty accurately.
Yes, I would expect it to be close (4-5 matchup)....if the Thugs were a legit playoff team. Any of the other 7 in the West would've beaten the Thugs....just not sure they'd have been such close games. The Thugs are the Mavs....without Dirk and Caron.

And if Westbrook and Durant are such superstars, as they are portrayed....they should've dismissed of them in much easier fashion.

Last edited by PartywithDirk; 04-28-2011 at 07:42 AM.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote