Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-30-2002, 03:56 PM   #1
Scrack

Scrack is on a distinguished road

I feel that Tim Hardaway is one of the main reasons the Mavs lost last night. During very crucial possessions near the end of the 4th quarter Tim got selfish and started chucking up three's. It seemed like he missed around four in a row in a span of 2 minutes. Nellie needs to get on his ass and let him know that this is not Tim's team. Tim's tendency to shoot many three's annoys me.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:20 PM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

The problem with trying to control a player like Timmy from taking three's takes away from what makes him special. He thrives for pressure shots and NORMALLY he makes them. Lastnight he missed his shots and trying to make one it seemed he was rushing a bit. Now I do agree, he needs to recognize there are times he's suppose to step up and times he should be deferring to someone else. Lastnight was one of those occassions, but I'm sure Nellie knows trying to reduce the number of shots Timmy takes would probably hamper his game more than it would help him.

Timmy is like Barry Sanders. Barry tries to dance too much sometimes and will lose alot of yardage but you have to accept it because he can possibly get five straight carries for negative 20 yards, but the sixth carry might be a 60 yard TD run. That's how it is with Timmy. He could go 0-11 one game, but hit the game winning shot after doing it. Telling him to reduce his shots would probably effect his confidence.