Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Good reading for novices on the Salary cap:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Thanks for the link. That's like a Salary Cap 501 class....
Old 05-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This still doesn't even come close to my definition of break the bank. Yes, under certain circumstances the Mavs could do a SNT with Detroit. But to do this the Mavs must lose players close to the contract that Billups would sign, and the trading must be done with Detroit -- ie Dumars gets to be involved. Also, let's just agree up front that Billups doesn't take the MLE, so the Mavs cannot just sign him outright.

76. Can a free agent be signed and immediately traded?

Under no circumstances can a team sign and then trade another team's free agent. But there is a rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under the sign-and-trade rule, the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract which stipulates that the contract is invalid if the player's rights are not traded to the specific team within 48 hours.

No other team can just SNT him only the Pistons. Any team under the Salary cap by the amount that he would sign for... ie close to max, can sign him. Not the teams under the luxury cap, the ones under the salary cap. IE their are only a few (I think 4 ) teams actually far enough under the cap at this time. These are the only teams that can sign Billups to a FA deal....those and the Pistons. The Pistons using his Bird rights can sign him to any salary they want, including going well over the luxury tax. The Pistons have the right to trade him within 48 hrs to any team, provided that the Pistons will take back within 125% of the amount of salary for the first year of the trade. If Billups signs for say 70 million over 5 years, starting at 12 million with an increase of 1mill every year, then the Pistons would have to take back 9.6m in salary for next year minimum.

Net increase in salary -- 12 - 9.6 = 2.4M Now 2.4M would more than break my bank account, but I don't think that amount is party money during his single days for Cuban.
So although he could be acquired, lets face it, it wouldn't break the bank.

Now, let's go with the odds.
Billups takes the MLE -- 1 in forget it too many 0's.
Billups signs with one of the few teams under the cap --- 1 in 200
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT -- 1 in 80
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT - Detroit decides to take back close to max salary because they can gain players/picks, Dallas is the team that offers the best players/picks/salary structure, and somehow the best team in the east and the best team in the west want to break up core players --- 1 in too many 0's.
Billups signs with the Pistons and they just pay the tax. --- 1 in 2

Possible yes -- I really think that the odds are better that we are involved in a nuclear war with Iran and their is no NBA season, than Billups ending up in Dallas next year - although I must agree it is a possibility no matter how unlikely.

Oh yea, I'm about 40 as well, and Silk it would have been much easier to just admit you were wrong up front than make this into a long thread about something that odds are against ever happening.
dalmations202,
Go re-read my thread I created and break down which part was wrong. It seems that you maybe just scanning through, but it all comes from the name of the thread.

Quote:
This still doesn't even come close to my definition of break the bank. .
Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is NOT your definition that the title of the thread was meant for. It was mine, so how can someone change it to fit their definition?

You when you talk odds, that has nothing to do with what I said at all. I mentioned a possible player coming to the Mavs. Nothing else. Everything else was twisted from there.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Go re-read my thread I created and break down which part was wrong.
I'll do it for Dalm.

The part where you stated the Mavs might break the bank for Billups through free agency. That was wrong.

The parts where you've stated that Cuban can find loopholes in the salary cap to sign Billups above the MLE. Those are also wrong.

The parts where you continue to insist that the rules of the Salary Cap are some intricate, impossible to know set of quasi-rules, that none of us understand. You are wrong there as well.

Edit to add:

You were also wrong:

here:
Quote:
He will be 31 this year, so I dont expect a true break the bank number to get him.
(not necessarily wrong yet, but you will be. And you contradicted your previous comments, which is funny)

here:
Quote:
I understand the cap, but what I am saying is that I feel that Cuban is going to break the bank this year at all costs.
You clearly do not understand the cap

here:
Quote:
I am still waiting for the exact rules that state that the Mavs cant sign Billups from free agency....I sure as hell cant read the NBA trade/free agent rules to know the loop holes and whatnots on how everything works, but you are saying you can
You were already given rules, and yes you CAN read the rules of the CBA.

here:
Quote:
From what I understand, that is before they start to pay the luxury tax. If this was the case, then how do teams get to
As I've said before, this is the key point. You thought the luxury tax was the only form of spending limit there was. Which is fine, if you'd just admit it.

You've also been wrong every time you claimed that people twisted your words, and every times you've claimed that you were not CreditXpert.

That's a lot of wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-18-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dalmations202,
Go re-read my thread I created and break down which part was wrong. It seems that you maybe just scanning through, but it all comes from the name of the thread.
Thig did a better job than I can in breaking it down. Just for you, I did go back and reread the entire thread though, and I stand by what I wrote.

Quote:
Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is NOT your definition that the title of the thread was meant for. It was mine, so how can someone change it to fit their definition?

You when you talk odds, that has nothing to do with what I said at all. I mentioned a possible player coming to the Mavs. Nothing else. Everything else was twisted from there.
Let me Quote Bill Clinton here " I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
Also "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Break the bank means spend outlandishly and Break Bank and pay Billups means to spend outlandishly to get Billups, and Mark doesn't have the luxury to do that for Billups if as you put it in your first #1 thread -- you keep the core intact. Cuban, as stated by many here, can only spend the MLE on him, and everyone agrees that Billups will command more than that.

Quote:
I posted that same link earlier in the thread as well..
cool, if you will read all of it, you might get an understanding of how the CBA works.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thig did a better job than I can in breaking it down. Just for you, I did go back and reread the entire thread though, and I stand by what I wrote.

Let me Quote Bill Clinton here " I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Break the bank means spend outlandishly and Break Bank and pay Billups means to spend outlandishly to get Billups, and Mark doesn't have the luxury to do that for Billups if as you put it in your first #1 thread -- you keep the core intact. Cuban, as stated by many here, can only spend the MLE on him, and everyone agrees that Billups will command more than that.

cool, if you will read all of it, you might get an understanding of how the CBA works.
Lets say the situation that Chum proposed happens, then what? Are you saying that Chum needs to learn the CBA more as well? Because Chum clearly pointed out a couple of situations where by "Your Standards" would be breaking the bank.

Now if we were really wanted to get deep, then as I read this thread, there are several people here who claim to be experts in the CBA. Please dont use the you just know the basics, because the basics is not what some deals are done with. It is the other advanced portion that can render many players at different places. Because clearly, it seems that most think that CBA is cut and dry just by reading it. I have a good hunch it is NOT that simple. If it was, then I would use the same reasoning and say that it is 100% impossible to sign Billups like several have suggested.

So, why is it that some of the proposed experts here have NOT attacked those posts. I wonder, because it seems that this thread is just about one-sided, but I see that Chum and couple of others pointed out some situations that it could happen.

Let me make an example as well:

You want to start your own 17under AAU team, and your first player you want to get is a tough center who can anchor your team. You choose to get a 6'3 center with alot of size, so that is who you choose. I on the other hand, tell you that you are stupid because you need to get a tough center who is at least 6'7 in order to compete. Where did I go wrong at when I called you stupid? Simple, solution. It is YOUR team. It does not matter what I think, you are the one who felt the 6'3 player is the best fit for YOUR team.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

dalmations202,
Lil Small talk here:
How do you feel about the limitation of deferred compensation when it comes to signing free agents? Can you see how it could help get Billups here?

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-18-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #7
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
This still doesn't even come close to my definition of break the bank. Yes, under certain circumstances the Mavs could do a SNT with Detroit. But to do this the Mavs must lose players close to the contract that Billups would sign, and the trading must be done with Detroit -- ie Dumars gets to be involved. Also, let's just agree up front that Billups doesn't take the MLE, so the Mavs cannot just sign him outright.

76. Can a free agent be signed and immediately traded?

Under no circumstances can a team sign and then trade another team's free agent. But there is a rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under the sign-and-trade rule, the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract which stipulates that the contract is invalid if the player's rights are not traded to the specific team within 48 hours.

No other team can just SNT him only the Pistons. Any team under the Salary cap by the amount that he would sign for... ie close to max, can sign him. Not the teams under the luxury cap, the ones under the salary cap. IE their are only a few (I think 4 ) teams actually far enough under the cap at this time. These are the only teams that can sign Billups to a FA deal....those and the Pistons. The Pistons using his Bird rights can sign him to any salary they want, including going well over the luxury tax. The Pistons have the right to trade him within 48 hrs to any team, provided that the Pistons will take back within 125% of the amount of salary for the first year of the trade. If Billups signs for say 70 million over 5 years, starting at 12 million with an increase of 1mill every year, then the Pistons would have to take back 9.6m in salary for next year minimum.

Net increase in salary -- 12 - 9.6 = 2.4M Now 2.4M would more than break my bank account, but I don't think that amount is party money during his single days for Cuban.
So although he could be acquired, lets face it, it wouldn't break the bank.

Now, let's go with the odds.
Billups takes the MLE -- 1 in forget it too many 0's.
Billups signs with one of the few teams under the cap --- 1 in 200
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT -- 1 in 80
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT - Detroit decides to take back close to max salary because they can gain players/picks, Dallas is the team that offers the best players/picks/salary structure, and somehow the best team in the east and the best team in the west want to break up core players --- 1 in too many 0's.
Billups signs with the Pistons and they just pay the tax. --- 1 in 2

Possible yes -- I really think that the odds are better that we are involved in a nuclear war with Iran and their is no NBA season, than Billups ending up in Dallas next year - although I must agree it is a possibility no matter how unlikely.

Oh yea, I'm about 40 as well, and Silk it would have been much easier to just admit you were wrong up front than make this into a long thread about something that odds are against ever happening.

Quote:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm.
I posted that same link earlier in the thread as well..
Old 05-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I noticed that you said that. That's true. But I also noticed that other people used language like "100% impossible," or something like that, that Billups could end up here.
I think you're misinterpreting this thread a bit.

The possibility of a sign and trade was mentioned SEVERAL times in MANY different posts (# 3, 18, 50, 53, 54, 56, 60, 68, 69, 81, 82, 86, 110, 113).

# 110 was really good, because DelNegro talks about specific players that would be a possibility for S & T, and why they may be difficult to use for such purposes.

But its late, and I'm tired.

If there are posts in here that said acquiring Billups was impossible under any and all circumstances, I missed them.

Besides,....

"You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point."

And that's a direct quote from you-know-who.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-18-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I think you're misinterpreting this thread a bit.

The possibility of a sign and trade was mentioned SEVERAL times in MANY different posts (# 3, 18, 50, 53, 54, 56, 60, 68, 69, 81, 82, 86, 110, 113).

But its late, and I'm tired.

If there are posts in here that said acquiring Billups was impossible under any and all circumstances, I missed them.

Besides,....

"You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point."

And that's a direct quote from you-know-who.
I know that he started the thread with the idea that we could just throw a max money offer at Billups.

However, I also waded through a good page or two about how a sign-and-trade wasn't feasible because Detroit would have to play ball with it and so on.

If the kid is right about our having an interest in Billups, there's a way it could happen--notwithstanding that he didn't at the outset know exactly what way.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I know that he started the thread with the idea that we could just throw a max money offer at Billups.

However, I also waded through a good page or two about how a sign-and-trade wasn't feasible because Detroit would have to play ball with it and so on.

If the kid is right about our having an interest in Billups, there's a way it could happen--notwithstanding that he didn't at the outset know exactly what way.
Part of the problem is that the thread didn't just "start" out that way.

That quote was from post # 84.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-18-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
If the Mavs decide to break the bank this off-season and keep the core intact, then I say break the bank on Billips. He brings toughness, defense, leadership, big shot taker and will post guards down low.

I think Billips is the best fit for the Mavs coming from the free agency market. If we get Billips, then I say get a true SG for Harris. Maybe trade Harris for Maggette.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

1. Billips-------PG
2. Howard----SG
3. Magette----SF
4. Dirk--------PF
5. Damp/Diop--Center

Now look at the bench...Terry/Stack/Diop/DJ and company.

I really like this line-up if we are not going to get rid of Dirk or Howard. I see this line-up winning it all. I see Billips being the on-floor leader that we are missing, plus his experience and toughness would be nice, plus I think Billips would be an Avery guy.
Chum,
Here is the thread starter. As you see Mary and company went from this thread. Now how can ANYONE say otherwise? It is simple Mary went about twisting words and posts from there. First calling me the creditxpert person, then it became I dont know the CBA, to I dont know that we CANT spend money and get Billups. Then, when I said, that since some wanted to make "Break the bank" mean whatever they want, then all of a sudden I was stupid for talking about the rumors that are floating around here. Next Jhig talked about how Mary was the expert and I should apologize to her because I am wrong. That is simply stupid, because my thread is NOT wrong. Then all of a sudden Mary posts that she just knows the basics when I called her on it.

Then back Mary went to name-calling, insults, word spelling checks and etc. That is when a couple of more joined in. Which was not right because I said nothing wrong, and none of us know the CBA in the sense that it all works. If we want to play with the word speller, everyone here makes mistakes with spelling words and whatnots here, even on some of the posts in this thread were wrong, but then a couple of people who were making fun, forgot that they misspelled words and phrases as well. I did not stoop to that level and mocked them back. I left it alone. Dtownfinest also talked about the buzz going on here in Dallas as well about getting Billups.

I dont know how we could get Billups, but if we do it will cost us no matter what, because there is no way that I feel that the Pistons will take long-term contracts from anyone for Billups. Reason being is that I dont think that any NBA team will offer the Superstar type of player for Billups, knowing that the Pistons are in a bad situation because Billups can opt out and Pistons get nothing in return.

The point is simple. The Mavs may go after Billups and attain him in some sort of way. There are many options out there that Cuban MAY have, I dont know them or claim to know them, but something has to be brewing with Cuban because of all the buzz here.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chum,
Here is the thread starter. As you see Mary and company went from this thread. Now how can ANYONE say otherwise? It is simple Mary went about twisting words and posts from there. First calling me the creditxpert person, then it became I dont know the CBA, to I dont know that we CANT spend money and get Billups. Then, when I said, that since some wanted to make "Break the bank" mean whatever they want, then all of a sudden I was stupid for talking about the rumors that are floating around here. Next Jhig talked about how Mary was the expert and I should apologize to her because I am wrong. That is simply stupid, because my thread is NOT wrong. Then all of a sudden Mary posts that she just knows the basics when I called her on it.

Then back Mary went to name-calling, insults, word spelling checks and etc. That is when a couple of more joined in. Which was not right because I said nothing wrong, and none of us know the CBA in the sense that it all works. If we want to play with the word speller, everyone here makes mistakes with spelling words and whatnots here, even on some of the posts in this thread were wrong, but then a couple of people who were making fun, forgot that they misspelled words and phrases as well. I did not stoop to that level and mocked them back. I left it alone. Dtownfinest also talked about the buzz going on here in Dallas as well about getting Billups.

I dont know how we could get Billups, but if we do it will cost us no matter what, because there is no way that I feel that the Pistons will take long-term contracts from anyone for Billups. Reason being is that I dont think that any NBA team will offer the Superstar type of player for Billups, knowing that the Pistons are in a bad situation because Billups can opt out and Pistons get nothing in return.

The point is simple. The Mavs may go after Billups and attain him in some sort of way. There are many options out there that Cuban MAY have, I dont know them or claim to know them, but something has to be brewing with Cuban because of all the buzz here.
*sigh*

You just don't get it man. This is what we've been trying to tell you. Cuban does NOT have many options out there to get Billups. Those of us that have read a little something about the Salary Cap and follow the Mavs as closely as we do, we DO know what options he has. The rules on the Salary Cap are not greek. They are read and understood by many people, as DLord showed you in your infamous thread under your other name.

Your initial post WAS completely false. You were not discussing trade, because you outlined a roster that was using all of our current pieces, minus Harris, who you traded for Maggette (which ALSO wouldn't work with the salary cap).

All we did was have a little laugh at you and explain your error. Any other poster would have admitted the slipup, thanked us for the lesson on Salary Caps, and the thread would have ended. YOU escalated this by claiming that we didn't know what we were talking about, and sticking by your statement.

In your third paragraph, you once again show that you're not even bothering to read what we've tried to explain to you. If the Pistons are not going to take back long term, big salary for Billups, then our literal, only option is to get him for the MLE, which would not cost a lot. Your entire premise is wrong. You keep acting like there's a bunch of loopholes out there that Cuban can find to pay Billups a big contract in free agency, and it's just not true.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-18-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditXpert2003
Then back Mary went to name-calling, insults, word spelling checks and etc.
I haven't called you a single name.

Not one! Not in this thread, and not in your rep comments!

I didn't even poke a stick at you for not knowing how to spell "Billups" (ahem!).

I busted you on your former account.

I called you out for lying about having me on ignore.

And I did my darndest to help explain under what circumstances Chaunces Billups may or may not, end up as a Maverick.

And yes, in the 131st post of this thread, I made ONE (count with me, ONE!) joke about your spelling, in response to a comment that was completely and utterly ridiculous concerning what you perceive to be highly secretive information about the CBA.

But that's it.

I'm trying to let this thread go.

It would be easier if you would stop lying.

Last edited by mary; 05-18-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #14
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i doubt the pistons would let him go
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Give him the creditexpert litmus test:

Silk, true or false: The complex and lengthy CBA was implemented by Jew lawyer David Stern and his cadre of bloodthirsty rabbi conspirators to misinform the public about the movement of men and monies throughout the league ultimately obscuring their activities to secretly embezzle said monies and funnel them to zionist agents controlling the world's financial institutions and media outlets.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #16
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Give him the creditexpert litmus test:

Silk, true or false: The complex and lengthy CBA was implemented by Jew lawyer David Stern and his cadre of bloodthirsty rabbi conspirators to misinform the public about the movement of men and monies throughout the league ultimately obscuring their activities to secretly embezzle said monies and funnel them to zionist agents controlling the world's financial institutions and media outlets.
I dont have the slightest ideal on what you are talking about. Maybe you could have Mary take the test...I am going to be through with the junk, because Mary can make anyone of us who she wants. She got you at "Hello"

I dont know the ages of people here, but I am hitting 40 soon, and dont have time for mind games with Mary and a couple of others who play with words and twist and hi-jack threads for their own cause. It is plain and simple with Chum pointed out, and still I would think that some would have the decency to say that they did not know their were other options for CBA for the Mavs. I guess that would be too easy. So as to you, think about how you sound with that question above. Move forward...
Old 05-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
...I dont know the ages of people here, but I am hitting 40 soon, and dont have time for mind games with Mary and a couple of others who play with words and twist and hi-jack threads for their own cause. It is plain and simple with Chum pointed out, and still I would think that some would have the decency to say that they did not know their were other options for CBA for the Mavs. I guess that would be too easy. So as to you, think about how you sound with that question above. Move forward...
Please detail these other options. The possiblity of a sign and trade was discussed several times in this thread, by people other than you. You did not bring up a sign and trade, you latched onto it when someone mentioned it.

There have been no options mentioned in this thread that we were not already aware of.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #18
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont know the ages of people here, but I am hitting 40 soon, and dont have time for mind games with Mary and a couple of others who play with words and twist and hi-jack threads for their own cause. It is plain and simple with Chum pointed out, and still I would think that some would have the decency to say that they did not know their were other options for CBA for the Mavs. I guess that would be too easy. So as to you, think about how you sound with that question above. Move forward...
Mary, he's onto you about the cause. Stop posting now or he may get to the bottom of the great conspiracy to keep from breaking the bank.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
Mary, he's onto you about the cause. Stop posting now or he may get to the bottom of the great conspiracy to keep from breaking the bank.
First rule about The Cause...is nobody talks about The Cause.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

might solve a mystery... or re-write history
Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #21
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

might solve a mystery... or re-write history
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to capitalcity again.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #22
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I really seriously think this thread should be closed, because it cannot get any better. Think of it as retiring a jersey.

IB4TL
Old 05-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
If the Mavs decide to break the bank this off-season and keep the core intact, then I say break the bank on Billips. He brings toughness, defense, leadership, big shot taker and will post guards down low.

I think Billips is the best fit for the Mavs coming from the free agency market. If we get Billips, then I say get a true SG for Harris. Maybe trade Harris for Maggette.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

1. Billips-------PG
2. Howard----SG
3. Magette----SF
4. Dirk--------PF
5. Damp/Diop--Center

Now look at the bench...Terry/Stack/Diop/DJ and company.

I really like this line-up if we are not going to get rid of Dirk or Howard. I see this line-up winning it all. I see Billips being the on-floor leader that we are missing, plus his experience and toughness would be nice, plus I think Billips would be an Avery guy.

98. Can I get a copy of the actual Collective Bargaining Agreement?

The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a very long legal contract between the league and the Players Association, and is written in dense legalese. It is my hope that this FAQ answers all your questions. However, if you really want the CBA, it is available from the Players Association's web site at http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php. At the time of this writing, bound copies of the CBA are not available from the league office.

Unfortunately, the CBA doesn't answer every question. The NBA, like most organizations, has by-laws, which are separate and apart from whatever contracts it may make with other entities such as the Players Association. Many of the rules are contained in the NBA By-Laws, and in a third document, the NBA Constitution. While it is possible for the public to obtain the CBA, the league office says the By-Laws and Constitution are absolutely off-limits.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
98. Can I get a copy of the actual Collective Bargaining Agreement?

The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a very long legal contract between the league and the Players Association, and is written in dense legalese. It is my hope that this FAQ answers all your questions. However, if you really want the CBA, it is available from the Players Association's web site at http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php. At the time of this writing, bound copies of the CBA are not available from the league office.

Unfortunately, the CBA doesn't answer every question. The NBA, like most organizations, has by-laws, which are separate and apart from whatever contracts it may make with other entities such as the Players Association. Many of the rules are contained in the NBA By-Laws, and in a third document, the NBA Constitution. While it is possible for the public to obtain the CBA, the league office says the By-Laws and Constitution are absolutely off-limits.
So, what you're saying with this post, is that the CBA is so complex that is can't be understood by mere people.

There may certainly be language in the CBA that is difficult to understand. But the information as it relates to the salary cap is VERY well understood and dissected. There are no loop holes. If there were, teams over the salary cap would use them.

Why are you continuing to argue this?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #25
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am so blissfully ignorant on this subject. It's great.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Why are you continuing to argue this?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #27
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to capitalcity again.

I have to admit that was a funny as* picture.

I am back to normal, that laugh to me made everything here alright. I apologize to everyone. Sometimes laughter is the best cure. Nows lets get back to OUR Mavs....All is forgiven...

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-18-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Jee, thanks for your forgiveness.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #29
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Jee, thanks for your forgiveness.....
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jthig32 again.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Silk Smoov- You say that reports are saying that the Mavs are gearing up to get Billups, would you mind posting a link where you got that info from? I hadn't heard anything about that, and I'd hate to be uninformed.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Silk Smoov- You say that reports are saying that the Mavs are gearing up to get Billups, would you mind posting a link where you got that info from? I hadn't heard anything about that, and I'd hate to be uninformed.
Smoov claims to be privy to some sort of inside info with the Mavs. He's never divulged where he gets this from, but he claims it.

I for one haven't heard a single person on the radio discuss Billups, beyond "this team needs a PG, wouldn't it be nice if they could get Billups somehow".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #33
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Smoov claims to be privy to some sort of inside info with the Mavs. He's never divulged where he gets this from, but he claims it.

I for one haven't heard a single person on the radio discuss Billups, beyond "this team needs a PG, wouldn't it be nice if they could get Billups somehow".
It is just another implausable assertions that Bob guy dont know
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
It is just another implausable assertions that Bob guy dont know
Translation, anyone?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #35
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Translation, anyone?
i don't expect everyone to understand this point, as it is written in dense legalese, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #36
bobatundi
Golden Member

well if two people on here mention it--with the second citing the first as reference--it must be true. i don't expect everyone to understand this point, as it is written in dense legalese, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
bobatundi
Golden Member

I have a friend that teaches special ed. I'll ask her if she can translate.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #38
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

I feel like I've lost about 20 IQ points reading this thread.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #39
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
I feel like I've lost about 20 IQ points reading this thread.
Just out of curiosity, how many do you have left?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #40
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Just out of curiosity, how many do you have left?

More than the unnamed person who neg-rep'd me for that comment
Closed Thread

Tags
classic threads