Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-19-2002, 01:34 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im too lazy to go digging back, so Im starting a new thread. I've been keeping an eye on how Dirk and Finley have been doing since the trade and here are the numbers:

It's been 12 games and I think it's safe to say that Fin has stepped it up and been solid consistantly and Dirk has just been Dirk. As big as a Fin fan as I am, has he ever strung this many games together where he's shot over 50% from the field?

Finley

503 minutes (41.9)
293 points (24.4)
118-219 fg (53.8%)
16-40 3-pt (40%)
41-52 ft (78%)
18.2 shots per game
78 rebounds (6.5)
44 as (3.6)
16 to (1.3)
9 steals (.7)

Dirk

458 minutes (38)
284 points (23.6)
96-202 fg (47%)
23-42 3-pt (54.7%)
69-82 ft (84%)
16.8 shots per game
139 rebounds (11.5)
41 as (3.4)
34 to (2.8)
20 stls (1.6)
16 blks (1.3)
Old 03-19-2002, 01:37 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

like i said a couple of games ago..this is about as solid of a stretch that fin's having as i've ever seen him have
let's hope he doesn't peak and the hit a valley right around playoff time..
most of the time when shooters go up..they must come down,...
he needs to come down when the mavs have a couple of the lesser opponents..

let's hope they can keep it up
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:40 AM   #3
mavsfan4

mavsfan4 is on a distinguished road

You'd like nothing more than that huh? Fin is playing well, let's stop with the negativity. Let's hope for the best with him, Dirk and the Mavs as a team. Let's not say, "let's hope he doesn't......." and all this. Just a suggestion Murphy
Old 03-19-2002, 01:44 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not being negative. please do not start something in this thread, you ruin enough threads with your b.s. as it is.

i want fin to stay hot throughout the rest of the year, including playoffs.

however, with jumpshooters, they usually don't go through that long of a stretch as hot as fin has been.

so, what i'd like..is for him to continue being hot..and if he has to go cold, go cold against a couple lesser opponents so he can heat up again for the big games and for the playoffs.

there's nothing negative in what i have or had to say.

can we please concentrate on what mavsfanfinley had to put out there?
Old 03-19-2002, 01:53 AM   #5
mavsfan4

He put out that Finley is playing good, not that "let's hope that Fin doesn't get cold, and this and that.....especially around playoff time" That's all I am saying Murphy, I don't see how any Mavs fan can say anything like that. Wish him and the Mavs the best, don't even hint at him peaking just when he becomes the Fin we all know and love.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:56 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

please do not twist what i have to say to try and make an argument against me.
i said nothing negative about finley.. only that shooters have peaks and valley's..let's hope that finley stays at a peak..the mavs need him there..
but if he is to hit a valley, let's hope that it's against a couple of lesser opponents and that he can kick it back into gear when it counts most..the playoffs.

now, i've stated this three times.
please do not try and make my post out to be more than anything than what it is.. I think you should be able to read and get the point by now.
this is not a knock on finley at all. do not make it one. do not twist my words, do not screw up this thread as you have done so many in the past
Old 03-19-2002, 01:59 AM   #7
mavsfan4

ok murphy, whatever. you know what you meant, as well as i did.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:00 AM   #8
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

sphincter says what?

Shut the hell UP mf4...holy shit your annoying. It's also quite convenient that you know what other people are thinking. Why don't you put your powers to work, I hear Miss Cleo's former employer is looking for a replacement.

As far as those stats, the only thing I don't like is Dirk only taking 16.8 shots a game.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:59 AM   #9
mavsfan4

You cannot make me shut up Ocelot, let's just talk about the Mavs. Leave all the negativity behind, let's talk about the game tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:24 AM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

since mavsfan is just right and WE cannot make him stop - would please someone else do?
Old 03-19-2002, 11:01 AM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

this is F'n ridiculous!!!
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:04 AM   #12
mavsfan4

Yes mods, please stop me from wanting to talk about the big game the Mavs are playing today and talk about negativity like these guys want.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

sphincter says what?

LOL

mf4-joe joe....shut the hell up. You ruin EVERY friggin thread with your crap.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

and there, my point was proven once again. The crap is getting real old rcf.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #15
mavsfan4

The mods will see, I did nothing and that they need to tell you guys to just talk basketball. Especially when the Mavs got a big game against L.A. that they are going to win.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:33 PM   #16
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

If you really want to talk about tonights game, start a thread then.