Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default Thank you, Suns & Clippers!

Suns had nearly $15m in cap space and they fritter it all away on 2 guards when they already had 2 very promising young ones in Joe Johnson and Leandro Barbosa. Their biggest hole was at the Center position and they signed no center in an off-season where Shaq, Dampier, Okur, Blount, Foyle, Divac and Ostertag have changed teams. Incredible!

If they hadn't pursued Nash so vigorously, they could have signed Dampier straight up. On the flip side, we'd have probably signed Nash to a big deal thus further damaging Cuban's ability to absorb Damp's salary.

Thanks also should go to Clippers for not matching QRich which would have allowed Suns to pursue Dampier and could've ended up with a very good starting five of: Nash/JJohnson/Marion/Stoudamire/Dampier.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Thank you, Suns & Clippers!

I have no clue on what the Suns are doing. I questioned them paying so much for Nash but I thought bringing in Nash will definately benefit them and especially Barbosa. But the addition of Qrich is beyond me. That made no sense at all when Joe Johnson is finally starting to dig into his potential. Good luck on finding shots for Amare, Marion, Nash, JJ and QRich.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:59 AM   #3
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

although i also dont think they should have gotten Q, They have one of the best guys in the league at making sure that everyone gets shots... Stevie nash
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:05 AM   #4
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Thank you, Suns & Clippers!

Don Nelson should coach the Suns now. He can get one of the best small ball line ups I can think of: Nash, Johnson, Qrich, Marion, Amare.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Thank you, Suns & Clippers!

I thought the Suns were wanting to trade Marion so they could move Joe Johnson over to the sf spot? Not to mention unload Marion's contract.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I thought the Suns were wanting to trade Marion so they could move Joe Johnson over to the sf spot? Not to mention unload Marion's contract.
Possibly to bring in a 5? Then the addition of QRich makes sense but i'd love to know what 5 that is. I thought Amare and Marion compliment each other very well on the defensive end. Marion must be causing problems in the locker room.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Big Z for Marion? Makes some sense for both clubs
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #8
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: StvNash13
Don Nelson should coach the Suns now. He can get one of the best small ball line ups I can think of: Nash, Johnson, Qrich, Marion, Amare.
They can have him and $3m cash for a 2nd round pick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote