Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shaq wants the Heat to trade for White Chocolate

Shaq reportedly wants Heat to get Grizzlies' Williams

The Memphis Grizzlies' Jason Williams is a Central Florida neighbor to the Miami Heat's Shaquille O'Neal. However, the Heat are thought to be considering a trade that could make the two teammates, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

The newspaper reported the Heat — at O'Neal's request — are considering trading Eddie Jones and either Damon Jones or Keyon Dooling to Memphis in exchange for the enigmatic Williams and possibly forward James Posey.

The acquisition of Williams could allow the Heat to use Dwyane Wade at shooting guard as opposed to point guard, where he played last season as a rookie.

Williams seemed to tone down his flashy play under veteran coach Hubie Brown this past season. However, his playmaking skills, matched with O'Neal's dominance beneath the basket and Wade on the wing could make the Heat a very enjoyable team to watch.

O'Neal joined the Heat in a July 14 trade that sent Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a first-round pick to the Lakers.

O'Neal led the Lakers to three NBA championships in five seasons and was named the league's MVP for the 2000 season.

FoxSportsNet: Shaq wants the White Chocolate
Old 08-23-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Shaq wants the Heat to trade for White Chocolate

Quote:
The newspaper reported the Heat — at O'Neal's request — are considering trading Eddie Jones and either Damon Jones or Keyon Dooling to Memphis in exchange for the enigmatic Williams and possibly forward James Posey.
In Shaq's dreams. As good of friends as he is to Jerry West, he should know that if West lets a player go once, he's not going to get him back.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

williams/wade/shaq......would there be a better combo of three in the east?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Off hand I might cast a vote for JO, Artest, and Jackson.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #5
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Shaq wants the Heat to trade for White Chocolate

West is way too smart to make that deal.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #6
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shaq wants the Heat to trade for White Chocolate
Goodness he's already fat enough now he wants them....oh Jason Williams. They got Wade they dont need anymore added to the show.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
Off hand I might cast a vote for JO, Artest, and Jackson.
not enough for me c....I'd take the heat's trio..

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not enough for me c....I'd take the heat's trio.
Really? Shaq's obviously the class out of the bunch, but at this stage I see both JO and Artest as being better players than Wade (though I'm very high on his potential), and I've got a bit more regard for Jackson than I do for Williams (mainly because of JWill's very weak D). Is it on the strength of Shaq that you favor the Miami trio, or do you put a different value on the other guys? Not that I strongly disagree. Just curious.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

here ya go....

if I were to give you a man for man evaluation it would go like this...Shaq>JO---Wade<Artest(but this is getting closer by the day)---Williams=Jackson(push...neither is a star but both are very helpful thrid options and Williams has proven a decent point and that is much harder for find than a decnet 2/3)

you are right, C, Shaq is ultimately the difference....dont get me wrong, JO is great.....but there is still only one Daddy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2004, 10:43 AM   #10
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

The addition of Jason to the Heat would be great for Miami, yet I don't see west doing it. Unless jason demands a trade and sits out camp. I'd rather have Jason than Terry. If something like that does happen look out for them.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #11
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

How do you think Eddie Jones feels?? The star player of the team and former teammate in LA is asking management to trade him. Eddie Jones was the Heats best player before last year.

There is no way that the trade will happen. Not unless other things are included. Im sure that west thinks that Posey>Jones and that williams>Dooling/Damon Jones. Some draft picks and cash would have to go to Memphis for this to happen.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

And what do the Grizz do? Who do they start at point? I would say Troy Bell but it seems they aren't very high on him anymore after putting him in the expansion draft.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #13
fin4life

Was troy bell really in the expansion draft??? I am shocked that the bobcats didnt pick him up. A high lottery pick from 2 years ago with untapped potential that is basically free... worth taking a shot on.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
Was troy bell really in the expansion draft??? I am shocked that the bobcats didnt pick him up. A high lottery pick from 2 years ago with untapped potential that is basically free... worth taking a shot on.
I was suprised also. Dauntay Jones was also in the expansion draft. Troy Bell should've been their first pick. It's like having an additional 1st rounder.

1996-2005
Old 08-24-2004, 02:21 PM   #15
Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein is on a distinguished road

Troy Bell is NOT a PG.
Sinn Fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Sinn Fein
Troy Bell is NOT a PG.
Well, with his height he sure isn't a shooting guard.

1996-2005
Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #17
Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Sinn Fein
Troy Bell is NOT a PG.
Well, with his height he sure isn't a shooting guard.
Which is why he aint getting PT.
Sinn Fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:45 AM   #18
RocketFan11

RocketFan11 is on a distinguished road

They write this as if James Posey would be a throw-in... He'd be the best player involved in the trade!

Also, the Heat can't trade Dooling and Jones for a while.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #19
fin4life

Quote:
Originally posted by: RocketFan11
They write this as if James Posey would be a throw-in... He'd be the best player involved in the trade!

Also, the Heat can't trade Dooling and Jones for a while.
December 15th the be exact. This trade wont happen... It is just Shaq dreaming