Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default Lakers @ Magic

Anyone watching this game? Its amazing. Magic up by 15 (73-58) with 5:41 to go in the 3rd. I think the announcer said since the Magic's slow start, they've made 21 of 25. T-Mac has 25 on 10 of 14. The pace has been great!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:Lakers @ Magic

Magic are shooting 61% on the game right now.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road

Woops. :S Didn't mean to double-post guys, I'll be more careful next time. I'm kinda sure of what the outcome of this game's gonna be. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Without Shaq or Payton in the game, the Lakers come back to within 1....Magic were ahead by as many as 18, but the Lakers have gone on a 25-8 run.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #5
FullBurst41

*nods* T-Mac has been missing too many shots lately, his FG% has gone down significantly
Old 02-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lakers @ Magic

Payton looks terrible. The Lakers run stopped when he came back in the game.

Juwan is killing "Bill Walton's kid". (fake grego)
Old 02-08-2004, 03:02 PM   #7
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

This is the biggest choke job ive seen in a long time....orl has a chance to win and strickland gets ripped by fisher...man that pisses me off
Old 02-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Rick Fox with the 3 to tie it, steal then dunk by the Lakers. Lakers win by 2...ouch! 98-96
Old 02-08-2004, 03:05 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Man. Orlando SUCKS. Talk about finding ways to lose. Sure wish they woulda pulled it out to put the L in LA, but I can't even really be upset they didn't because I'm too busy laughing about one of the worst basketball exhibitions I've ver seen.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen a choke job like that since....oh yea, Arizona at Stanford yesterday.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I flipped the channel to check the score of this one, and saw the last few seconds of the game. Not that I really care, but the Lakers got away with two fouls to win the game. Fisher clearly fouled Strickland before 'stealing' the ball away from him; Payton clearly fouled Giricek on the jumper attempt at the end.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I flipped the channel to check the score of this one, and saw the last few seconds of the game. Not that I really care, but the Lakers got away with two fouls to win the game. Fisher clearly fouled Strickland before 'stealing' the ball away from him; Payton clearly fouled Giricek on the jumper attempt at the end.

That was what I thought. I do not mind a non-call on GP since we see that most times on the last shot. But Derek Fisher clearly took a gamble by trying to steal and in the event fouled Eric. I am sure it was planned that way since lakers had a foul to give. The refs did not call the foul.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #13
FullBurst41

Okay. Getting your prediction blasted is fine, but like this? That's just as bad as going to a local b-ball game thinking the Mavs would definitely pack the nuggets, then coming back to find out the Mavs wasted it. Gosh... wha ton Earth was this...
Old 02-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's probably fair, MFF. Tough to get the foul call on the last shot attempt, but Fisher plowed through Strickland on the play before.

Old 02-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

When will people learn to STOP leaving Lakers spares open on the 3 point line? Help on penetration.. don't help on two steps of fake penetration. They've been winning games thanks to the likes of Fox, Horry, George, and Fisher getting wide open threes for 4 seasons and counting. Defenses make it so easy on LA. Just once, don't leave the shooters, and force a Laker to make a play with somebody guarding him.

The surprise factor alone would probably mean that the first team to actually try it would succeed.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 04:43 PM   #16
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
When will people learn to STOP leaving Lakers spares open on the 3 point line? Help on penetration.. don't help on two steps of fake penetration. They've been winning games thanks to the likes of Fox, Horry, George, and Fisher getting wide open threes for 4 seasons and counting. Defenses make it so easy on LA. Just once, don't leave the shooters, and force a Laker to make a play with somebody guarding him.

The surprise factor alone would probably mean that the first team to actually try it would succeed.
It has everything to do with Shaq. You either play Shaq strait up and let him kill you or you double/triple team him and take your chances with everyone else hitting a wide open jumper. You're pretty much at the mercy of the Lakers, unless you play the FT% and hack-a-Shaq but if Shaq stays above 50% you lose there also. That's the reason the Lakers have been able to win with just 2 stars and a bunch of bench scrubs. Even bench scrubs can hit an open jumper when they're used to being put in that situation.

I was too hung over to catch the game so I may have to drink like a fish before every game to keep the mojo working.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 PM   #17
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

It has everything to do with Shaq. You either play Shaq strait up and let him kill you or you double/triple team him and take your chances with everyone else hitting a wide open jumper. You're pretty much at the mercy of the Lakers, unless you play the FT% and hack-a-Shaq but if Shaq stays above 50% you lose there also. That's the reason the Lakers have been able to win with just 2 stars and a bunch of bench scrubs. Even bench scrubs can hit an open jumper when they're used to being put in that situation.

Yeah but it was a 3 point lead and Rod Strickland stepped back off of Fox who was 0fer at that point. Then after the non-call put LA up 2 Giricek catches and moves to shoot...but McGrady was right there and open for the win...he should have passed. Just another bad team finding a way to lose.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote