Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Wolves lose

Wolves lost at home today to a suddenly hot again Memphis team. The Wolves loss puts them 2 games up on SA and 3 games up on Dallas. Dallas has two very winnable games before the allstar game. Let get two more wins before the break.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 PM   #2
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Wolves lose

Lose Twolves! Lose!

Are the Twolves for real or what?

They are making me nervous... that is for sure. They have to collapse at some point, right? The Pacers too.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Wolves lose

The answer is "what".

Until they can win a playoff series, they have nothing in their bag.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am pretty sure that the wolves are for real. Hell, they do not even have all their players on the floor yet. Wally and kandi man are on the bench. However as Doc says they have not won a playoff series.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:36 PM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I am pretty sure that the wolves are for real. Hell, they do not even have all their players on the floor yet. Wally and kandi man are on the bench. However as Doc says they have not won a playoff series.
We´ll see if the Kandi / WallyWorld - on-the-bench thing is working for or against the Wolves record and game ...
Old 02-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #6
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
We´ll see if the Kandi / WallyWorld - on-the-bench thing is working for or against the Wolves record and game ...
When Kandi and Wally comeback, the wolves will be struggle with players sharing minutes and chemistry problems much like the Mavs at the beginning of the season.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Wolves lose

I've always wished success on the Timberwolves, even when the Mavs were just whoppin' them in the playoffs, I wished they would've made it more challenging. But my opinions will remain the same until they make it out the first round. And people wonder why Garnett has never won the MVP. If you were the best player in the league, you should be able to get your team out of the first round. The Wolves will have zero exuse if they choke this year.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

That is an interesting way to look at it Nash13... if they don't get it out of the first round again will they be blown up? They would probably fire Flip if that happened. That is a lot of pressure... but pressure helped the Mavs last season. Nellie was maybe in a similar scenario. Nellie had it even worse though... he might have gotten fired if we didn't make it out of the second round.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote