Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-12-2005, 11:22 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Landrieu's excuses reminds me of Mavdog

It was the Bush administration's fault that hundreds of city school buses weren't dispatched to evacuate the hurricane-battered residents of New Orleans two weeks ago before floods swamped the city, Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu said Sunday. Asked on "Fox News Sunday" why New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin failed to follow the city's evacuation plan and press the buses into service, Landrieu blamed Bush administration cuts in mass transit funding.
"Mayor Nagin and most mayors in this country have a hard time getting their people to work on a sunny day, let alone getting them out of the city in front of a hurricane," she said. "And it's because this administration and administrations before them do not understand the difficulties that mayors . . . face."
Saying she was unwilling to criticize Louisiana officials, That would be difficult, seeing that her brother is the Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana
.. the Louisiana Democrat insisted that Mayor Nagin's evacuation efforts had been a smashing success.
"Because the mayor evacuated the city, we had the best evacuation . . . of any evacuation I've seen. I'm 50 years old; I've never seen one any better," Landrieu told FNS. That prompted FNS host Chris Wallace to remind: "But there were a hundred thousand people left in the city."

Landrieu once again blamed the White House, saying:
"They did [have] a hundred thousand people left in the city because this federal government won't support cities to evacuate people, whether it's from earthquakes, tornadoes, or hurricanes. And that's the truth."
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Landrieu's excuses reminds me of Mavdog

This woman has lost her marbles.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Landrieu's excuses reminds me of Mavdog

If a Republican, ie Trent Lott, had said something like this they would have been hung and quarted by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the NAACP, the ACLU, and every liberal organization under the sun and then they would have found themselves shunned by their own party. But let a Democrat do it and it's all OK so long as it goes to make Bush look bad. What a bunch of hypocrits.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Landrieu's excuses reminds me of Mavdog

This Nation needs to start healing.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Landrieu's excuses reminds me of Mavdog

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
This Nation needs to start healing.
This is true U2 without a doubt. However I doubt the ability of some segments in our society to heal unless they 1st accept personal accountability for their that healing. As long as we blame all our failures on others and depend on them or other individuals in redressing these wrongs before we can move on, then it is almost impossible for us to get past them. I know from personal experience, that blaming your situation on someone else is only an obstacle that hinders you from bettering yourself if you make that person or persons accountable for your situation and for bettering it.

I know I personally have weaknesses in resorting to a tit for tat response which has nothing to do with healing. But it would be best for all if more energy and focus was placed on recovery and healing than on political oneupmanship. Unfortunately I have zero hope for that among most if not all of the nations leaders. But that does nothing to invalidate your point.