Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
The fat will probably come back, but the muscle won't.
My plan is to get down to 185/190 pounds first, then after that, start working out and gain some back in muscle. But I will stay low carb forever. The fat will never come back, because I have changed my lifestyle. I know I will never have another soft drink, or any of the other things that I was basically KILLING myself with ever again. And I don't even miss the sugar anymore. It comes back when people quit the diet and don't do it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post

In the old days, I'd have Bacon, Sausage, 3-5 egg omelet with cheese and a bunch of other stuff, French Toast and or Pancakes, 2-3 glasses of Juice...I might grab a piece of fruit or some type of sweet yogurt.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I used to pig out!!!

Now, it's taken me nearly 3 years to change my eating habits...but I changed them one thing a time. Rather than making a drastic Diet that sets me up for failure as I would eventually go back to eating what I ate before the Diet. I decided to make a lifestyle change and find foods that I could eat long term.
The good news is that I can still eat pretty much all the eggs, bacon, sausage, fried bologna i want for breakfast every morning if i so choose. No toast, pancakes or OJ though.

Carbs are a sort of an addiction. The first couple weeks was rough, but I now have no desire to have bread, pop, potatoes, candy, or any of that. I've actually started planning/cooking my own meals, and now instead of eating mcdonalds every day, I'll make myself a steak and salad, or pork chops, or chicken, or whatever I want. It's so much better than fast food, and even cheaper. I haven't drank anything other than water since I started either, although there are other options. I just wanted to break that caffeine addiction as well.

I didn't think I could handle it. I have never had the willpower to resist food. It's always been my weakness. But once I got dedicated to make a change, after a while all those urges just went away. Plus meat keeps me filled up. I hardly ever feel hungry anymore. I used to get headaches if I wasn't constantly feeding my face. No more. I don't starve myself and when I do get hungry I eat until I'm full. I just basically transformed my body to run on fat instead of carbs as its main energy source. 20-30 carbs a day and a ton of protein. If I've lost any muscle, I certainly haven't noticed it...

Last edited by xrobx; 10-05-2011 at 11:43 PM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote