Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-01-2002, 05:07 AM   #1
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i've been thinking about this game for a long time,this would be our first true playoff top 4 of the west test,now that they have shaq they would have ne excuses.
its importent that we'll take it not because of the statistics,but to give the players confidence that their winning until now were achieved buy a true change in the teams mentality and effort,not because of a bad oppositions.
i for one think that by than dirk would get his shot back and we would have our full roster,beside TAW whom i think has finished his career,and we would fuck them p real good in the staples.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2002, 05:08 AM   #2
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

it was supposed to be siked(i think thats how its writen)in the headline.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:04 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

psyched....
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Don´t be psyched, NP, we are going to lose this one. We don´t want to show our playoffs' weapons, do we? Best of all, we have to find them yet. Then, forget the game.

Being serious, I don´t think that any team is in its competitive level actually; I mean Lakers, Kings and San Antonio. Not even Mavs, even with the streak. You can see the last three or four games from Mavs and they don´t were played well, not even as the last season style. I think the streak came for a good combination of eager to start the season 'cause the new D in the training camp, and a great motivation from the Nelsons' jailing and the buddies' injuries.

If you don't want to believe me, consult your doctor.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #5
the eye

the eye is on a distinguished road

I´m intrigued on how would be the best way to play the lakers now that shaq is back, I´m not really convinced that a zone defense would have success... what do you guys think would be the best way to play them?.. "to step over shaq's toe.." is not valid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
the eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 05:08 PM   #6
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

it will be a good benchmark
Old 12-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< &quot;to step over shaq's toe..&quot; is not valid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

How about &quot;to step ON Shaq's toe...&quot; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think that this will be a great game. The Mavs can win for sure. They will just all have to play their best. The talent is there for a win over the Lakers (or any team for that matter), but if they play inconsistently the Lakers (or most teams) can take it away. The Mavs may be able to tolerate a less than great night from one, but if two more key players have off games it scares me.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:03 PM   #8
the eye

the eye is on a distinguished road

<< How about &quot;to step ON Shaq's toe...&quot; >>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

damn language barriers !

thanks sweets !
the eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 08:01 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< damn language barriers ! >>

I´m with you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2002, 01:50 AM   #10
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

The Lakers are looking pretty ugly at the moment. They blew a 15 point lead to the T-Pups and lost again tonight. Kobe was fouled on a 3 pointer that would have tied it. Made the 1st 2 free throws and missed the 3rd. Then on a missed T-Pup free throw, they blew the defensive rebound and the game was essentially over.

Shaq and kobe are getting their points...but getting little help.

Most amazingly, their &quot;D&quot; looks absolutely terrible. I know it's not fashionable to NOT worry about the Lakers, but they have looked really ugly against the Heat, Magic and now, the T-Puppies.

Old 12-03-2002, 02:33 PM   #11
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The Lakers are with out Horry for this one. Still wouldn't it be great just to crush the Lakers. And the second thing why is it predetermined that once the playoffs hit , that the kings and Spurs and Lake show will all turn it on. That seems to me to be a false positive. It also reminds me of the 97 cowboys and etc that thought once the playoffs came they would just turn a light on and start to win.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:37 PM   #12
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Well why don't we just forfeit the game. Every one thought Kobe was the best or second best player of the game and he only won 3 games. Give me a break. Any one can just say how unbeaten the Lake show. Even if we don't win it all ever, we still need to enjoy every moment of this team's climb, remember how fast the cowboys came tumbling down to mediocrity. Besides the Cavs have a better record than LA.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:17 PM   #13
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

We will beat the Fakers on Friday...we are too damn good and too determined to get the job done. I am reaaalllyyy looking forward to that game, a statement game for sure, because everyone keeps repeating how the Lakers are just bored with the regular season and come playoff time they will start winning and dominating, again. Lakers know it will be THE game of season thus far...Shaq is back, LA homecourt after a recent ass whopping at your Dallas Mavericks and a possible win in LA since 1876 or something..

But first, let`s beat up the Blazers... one game at a time, that brought us to sixteen and one...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #14
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

kobe was said to be overrated before the lakers slump,its clear he is a great player but not as great as he was made by the press,i for one believe dirk is better right now and will be much better in two years time.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:07 PM   #15
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

With O'Neal out, the non-Kobes realized just how average they are and thier confidence is down. The best way to win this is with
1. Run a lot and wear down the big toe.
2. Frustrate Kobe with different players (Griffin, Bell).
3. Start Raef and play shawn when O'Neal rests (Shawn would give O'Neal too much confidence.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:19 PM   #16
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

i remember last year we played shawn in front of shaq a few times,i think it could work.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:31 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Mavs win with Shaq, Showbe, Horry or whoever. I just think that at this point they are a better team than the Fakers.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 06:11 PM   #18
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

And don´t forget those Fakers are already on a bad streak vs. us [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

0-2 and counting ...