Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2001, 01:15 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Woman says she contracted herpes from Mavericks star

March 7, 2001

CHICAGO (AP) -- Dallas Mavericks star Juwan Howard has been sued by a woman who contends he knowingly infected her with genital herpes.

Howard's lawyer, Frederick Sperling, said Wednesday his client denies the charges and will ``vigorously defend this case.'' The lawsuit seeks more than $50,000 in damages.

Dana Hughes filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court on Tuesday. She says she contracted the herpes simplex virus type 2 between August and December 1998, when she had sexual relations with Howard. She said Howard was her only sex partner during that time.

Hughes and Howard had been friends since high school, the lawsuit says. She said Howard should have known he had the virus and therefore refrained from sex with her.

Genital herpes and cold sores result from closely related viruses. Herpes simplex virus type 1, or HSV-1, causes fever blisters on the mouth, while HSV-2 triggers sores on the genitals. Once acquired, both infections last a lifetime.

Surveys have suggested that in the United States, 45 million people ages 12 and older are infected with the genital herpes virus.

Source: Woman says she contracted herpes from Mavericks star
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2001, 02:25 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the Howard/Webber rape case to me... I think Howard won (but didn't collect) $20 million for defamation in that one...
Old 03-07-2001, 02:28 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I find it somewhat ironic how just a few years ago, the Mavs were known for their 30yr old virgin who's goal was to promote the education of abstinence. Check out AC Green's home page for more info on how YOU can purchase your very own "AC" Abstinence Committed Bear!
Old 03-07-2001, 02:59 PM   #4
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Sounds like some bitch wanting some money to me. Its funny how its always people with money getting sued.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 03:51 AM   #5
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Uhh I don't see what he did wrong???
Old 03-08-2001, 10:51 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

Howard says allegations in suit are false
03/08/2001

By Jodie Valade / The Dallas Morning News

MIAMI – Mavericks forward Juwan Howard is being sued by a woman who said he knowingly infected her with genital herpes, but he vehemently denied the charge Wednesday.

Dana Hughes filed a lawsuit with the Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago on Tuesday seeking more than $50,000 in damages.

"I just want to tell you – and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth – those allegations are false," Howard said.

"I will vigorously defend myself. No doubt about it. I guarantee it."

In the lawsuit complaint, Hughes said she contracted herpes simplex virus type 2, between August and December 1998. She said Howard was her only sex partner during that time. In the lawsuit, Hughes said that she and the Mavericks player have been friends since high school.

She said Howard should have known he had the virus and refrained from sex with her.

Howard said he will fight the case.

"It's very embarrassing situation for my family, for my teammates, for Dallas, for the organization," Howard said.

"I was very surprised by it. I'm just going to go out and defend myself and hopefully it will be over soon."

Source: Howard says allegations in suit are false
Old 03-11-2001, 09:19 PM   #7
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

she will withdraw the charges once she figures she can't get his money
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:31 AM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Crazy! Soon people are going to charge people because they gave them a cold.

Tags
josh howard