Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-17-2022, 05:06 PM   #1
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
To be fair, he's not one of the greatest 3pt shooters ever, he's THE greatest shooter ever, and I don't think anyone else comes particularly close. And I wouldn't say that everything else about his game is mediocre either. He's always been an elite ball handler too, and while his playmaking isn't elite by PG standards, it's certainly more than good enough for the way GSW plays. And his rebounding is above average for PG as well. The only part of his game that I would call mediocre is his defense. And in today's NBA, who cares?

But yeah, I still can't justify putting him above Kobe, Shaq, or KD, and I don't think I can put him above West or Robertson either. So for me that puts him #14 all time. Not too shabby.
I think what gets missed so much as it doesn't hit stat sheets...Curry has to be one of the toughest to guard of all time given how elite he is without the ball and his movement without the ball. I don't think I've seen anyone ever come close to that aspect of the game.

That being said, when names are written out, it definitely presents a tough case for top 10, but easy top 15. I will say Curry is above KD for me personally. Both with careers to finish out yet, obviously.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #2
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Curry over KD for me as well.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:35 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think what gets missed so much as it doesn't hit stat sheets...Curry has to be one of the toughest to guard of all time given how elite he is without the ball and his movement without the ball. I don't think I've seen anyone ever come close to that aspect of the game.

That being said, when names are written out, it definitely presents a tough case for top 10, but easy top 15. I will say Curry is above KD for me personally. Both with careers to finish out yet, obviously.
I think you could make a case for Ray Allen, Reggie, Rip Hamilton, and maybe even Klay as players who excel at moving without the ball just as well if not better than Curry. You think Curry is on a whole other level than those 4?

It?s tough for me to say Curry over KD just because I think KD is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen. Not many 7 footers that can move, dribble, and shoot like he can. You can?t argue with Steph?s hardware though.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
It?s tough for me to say Curry over KD just because I think KD is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen. Not many 7 footers that can move, dribble, and shoot like he can.
Durant is Dirk 2.0. Durant is Dirk with to flight athleticism.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #5
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I think you could make a case for Ray Allen, Reggie, Rip Hamilton, and maybe even Klay as players who excel at moving without the ball just as well if not better than Curry. You think Curry is on a whole other level than those 4?

It?s tough for me to say Curry over KD just because I think KD is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen. Not many 7 footers that can move, dribble, and shoot like he can. You can?t argue with Steph?s hardware though.
Yes. It's exhausting watching Steph play basketball tbh
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 03:31 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, Atkinson pulling a Deandre Jordan on the Hornets staying with GS. Can't blame him honestly.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 03:41 PM   #7
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Damn, Atkinson pulling a Deandre Jordan on the Hornets staying with GS. Can't blame him honestly.
Adrian Wojnarowski: Mike D?Antoni and Terry Stotts were the other two finalists for the job, sources said. Charlotte will have to restart process now. ? via Twitter wojespn

I?d think being able to build with Lamelo has to be enticing to a head coach. I?d like to see Stotts get another head coaching gig. Mike Dan Toni I feel like his time has passed as a head coach. His 8 second offense can only take you so far.
Old 06-19-2022, 08:34 AM   #8
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Man I just can?t stand the warriors. It?s so ironic to me Draymond does all that talking. He more so than any other complementary ?star? in the league has benefited from playing next to Curry and Klay. On any other squad he?s just a Lamar Odom- type. I?m confident someone like Grant Williams could be just as effective in his role at GS.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #9
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Man I just can?t stand the warriors. It?s so ironic to me Draymond does all that talking. He more so than any other complementary ?star? in the league has benefited from playing next to Curry and Klay. On any other squad he?s just a Lamar Odom- type. I?m confident someone like Grant Williams could be just as effective in his role at GS.
He?s not even Lamar Odom IMO. We saw what a Draymond led team did in 19-20 with no Klay and Steph most of the season. 15 wins and the #2 overall pick.