Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-19-2001, 12:20 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot wait for dallas mavericks basketball to get started...

definitely great to have jordan playing ball again....but the real story of this year will be dirk...claiming his prize as one of the top 3-5 players in the league.

Dirk's the man
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2001, 01:12 PM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i wasn't behind jordan's comeback. but i don't think it's a bad thing.

the best thing about this is the year L8 is gonna have... he's gonna be jordan's ho grant.

anyway, dirk is the man, indeed.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:17 PM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well we'll find out if Jordan has that much effect on everyone around him for sure.. If Laetner has a great year this year, we know that's why.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:17 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm happy for laettner..if he wasn't on the mavs team, the wizard are the only other team i'd like to see him playin on..
he gets to play ball with michael..a guy that will truely appreciate laettner's hard nosed all around game.
no, he's not the player he used to be, but i'm looking forward to seeing the wizard play some this year
Old 10-19-2001, 01:27 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

I still don't think that team will be a playoff caliber team though.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:27 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

another good thing about jordan coming back... more wiz games on tv = more L8 on tv.

even though a wiz game did cancel one of ours... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2001, 08:55 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

good point bbl..i'm glad to have the chance to see jordan and laettner play...
now i have 3 teams that i enjoy watching
the mavs
the wiz
and the cavs
Old 10-20-2001, 04:14 AM   #8
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm looking forward to seeing both Mike and Dirk at the AllStar game!

I think Jordan's gonna make it, too...(oh really!!!)
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 12:27 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Word up, y'all... This is the year the goofy whiteys strike back- Dirk Nowitzki, Christian Laettner, Keith Van Horn, Big Country Reeves, and Jason Williams are all going to have great seasons this year....
Old 10-20-2001, 02:06 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im just curious, what's up with Dirk's rebounding right now? Im not bashing him, Im just wondering what's up? I have no doubt in my mind that he'll get back on track and then some...is he just rusty?

Cause I think Fin and Nash are looking a little rusty too.
Old 10-20-2001, 03:23 PM   #11
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

Dirk may be the best player on the team, but Mike will always be
the leader. The leader of the team doesn't necessarily have to be the best player. As for MJ. I can't wait for December the 8th. Jordon or not, the Wizards go down.
Old 10-20-2001, 08:09 PM   #12
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

From what I hear, Dirk is just coasting, saving his energy during the preseason and putting forth minimal effort. Nothing to worry about. Supposedly he's scoring at will.
Old 10-20-2001, 08:48 PM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

Interesting to note that Shawn Bradley, Keith Van Horn, and Christian Laettner are all wearing the same number this year. Coincidence?
Old 10-21-2001, 12:39 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

if things work out right, dirk shouldn't rebound as much this year.
typically, more rebounds should be coming from the 4 and 5 spots on the floor..so, if the 4 and 5 spots are rebounding better, there will be a few less rebounds to go around for the 1-2-3 spots.
but, remember, these guys aren't playing their normal minutes yet....then season will start soon enough.
Old 10-21-2001, 03:54 PM   #15
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk last night played 44 minutes.... got 7 boards. I'm not "bashing" him either. Hell he's my favorite player, but he does need to turn up the rebounding intensity to where it was in the Houston preseason game.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:28 AM   #16
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well I hope you're not right about that Murph, because if it's ONE place we need to improve this year is rebounding. Dirk is our best rebounder right now too (shouldn't be but he is). So if he rebounds less this year, we're in trouble on our front line.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:26 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

it's preseason..what's most important is obviously the season..and when one player rebounds better it has an impact on the number of rebounds available for all other players...let's hope the team as a whole can improve on the glass..we'll see this year when the season starts...it's too early and there's been way too little evidence to suggest that he's not going to rebound as well this year...let the season start, and we'll see
Old 10-22-2001, 11:25 AM   #18
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Why use his power now?
It's alright if he gets 5-7 boards a game in the season and Juwan, Danny and Shawn some more.

Dirk still is a shooter and the best player on the team!
Old 10-22-2001, 02:13 PM   #19
TheKid
Diamond Member

I don't care what numbers he puts up now because for me, pre-season is not that important for veterans. IMO, I was more commenting on the fact that Murph was saying his rebounds will probably decrease this year. I was saying, I hope not because he's our best rebounder (Based off of last year that is) and if his rebounds decrease, I hope it's only because we have other people that step up but it's hard to tell. I can't see it being Juwan or Bradley, and unless Esh gets some extended minutes, I really can't see it being him either.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:18 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

oh, i don't think he'll get less boards per game this year..i'm just saying that if juwan and bradley step up their rebounding substantially, then there will be less boards to go around..that's all..
i think dirk will average around 9.5 boards per game this year
Old 10-23-2001, 08:49 AM   #21
Platinum Member

I just meant I would mind him pulling down less rebounds, but I don't think he will, but still the other bigmen have to get better!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:01 AM   #22
TheKid
Diamond Member

Agreed that our other big men have to be better.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:41 PM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

<< Interesting to note that Shawn Bradley, Keith Van Horn, and Christian Laettner are all wearing the same number this year. Coincidence? >>

man, mavinator, when I saw laettner wearing that number... man, that was cool. That was my number in college!

Old 10-24-2001, 08:57 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

this year....i'm ready for dirk's breakout year.