Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-21-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Who else here is just totally psyched about this movie?! I plan on seeing it Saturday and am so excited! This is the first movie in a long time I've actually been eager to see (LOTR was fantastic but I didn't know much about it beforehand). The plot seems ok (Blade teams up with vampires to fight new breed of vampire/beast) and the choreography is being handled by Donnie Yen I think, who also stars in the picture as a vampire, so the fight scenes should be killer. I also want to see how they're going to bring back Whistler, after the dude was killed in the first movie.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2002, 06:44 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I can't wait, DJ. Blade was a killer action flick, and I doubt this one will be much different. I'm also very eager to see how they bring back Whistler. I'm sure it will be corny, but oh well.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:45 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Traci Lords was going to be in it again. Is this true? Or did they scrap those plans? That too me by surprise seeing as how she was just completely slaughtered in the first pic.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking forward to it as well. Isn't Aaliyah the badass vampie in this one? Someone correct if I am wrong but isn't this her last movie or was it Romeo Must Die? Am I thinking of the right person? Didn't she go down in that plane crash in Brazil or somewhere like that?

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:05 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Aaliyah's last flick was Queen of the Damned, in a theatre near you. It's too bad this was her last film, 'cause she sure picked a loser.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:09 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Yea that movie was a real stinker. Was a good book though at least. Aaliyah's plane went down in the Bahamas I believe.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:53 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my movies confused. I just saw a promo on Blade 2 ....loooooks AWESOME!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:54 AM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Is'nt it a prequel? And that's why Whistler is in it?
Old 03-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #9
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Maybe so Rod, I hadn't heard that.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:03 AM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Yeah, also looking forward to the movie.

the Action looks even more intense than the first one.

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 11:52 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hell, i just might go see it this afternoon
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 03:28 PM   #12
Rod1975
Golden Member

I dunno Ocelot, unless Whistler is a Vampire now, that's the only theory that would keep him a human....(unless he survived his wounds from the first movie)
Old 03-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

I don't think it's supposed to be a prequel. The way they bring back Whistler is supposed to "make sense" according to some of the previews I've read.
Old 03-22-2002, 08:59 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it was a pretty good movie

kinda comical at times when they were fighting and actually brought wrestling moves into the occasion..

that was kinda lame
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 05:58 PM   #15
Rod1975
Golden Member

It was really good.....worth my 5.50
Old 03-24-2002, 12:03 AM   #16
djb
Administrator

Just got back from seeing it..thought it was pretty sweet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Definitely entertaining and worth the price of admission. Not as gory as I expected, and I was kinda bummed the way they killed off the Blood Pact guys, but all in all I liked it.

Oh and I agree with Murph on the WWF crap..ohh mannnn [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2002, 12:52 AM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

i'm waiting for the DVD. I own the first and will probably buy this one. I tend to buy any films from the superhero genre (product research).
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:40 PM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, saw it on saturday.

entertaining, but not nearly as good as the first one.

when that wrestling crap came into play, i was like "are you kidding me?" stupid.

anyway, the blood pack could have been cooler, but they had no character development at all.

but that lighthammer guy just looked like a complete BADASS.
Old 03-25-2002, 05:36 PM   #19
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I saw it last Saturday. The DMN didn't give it a very good review. They gave letter grades in their Friday "movie" section. They graded it a "C". That made me a little leary. I liked it. If you liked the first one, I think you'll like this one. As with all movies, you have to suspend belief to a certain extent. It IS a movie after all. I don't think the reviewer for the DMN liked the first one. I liked BOTH of them.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 05:44 PM   #20
Rod1975
Golden Member

Don't ever trust what the critics have to say.....they are hardly ever right...