Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #441
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Btw, Dirk was 2-2 from downtown. When did that happen the last time?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #442
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

REDIRKULOUS! Great game Mavs!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #443
Mavs817

Mavs817 is on a distinguished road

So I guess the JJB bashing can stop for a couple of nights?
Mavs817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #444
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post
*logs on to Mavs store to buy Jason Kidd Jersey*
!!!! You are probably not alone.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #445
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Yeah! Nice win mavs! Mike Woodson just got punk'd by Kidd.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #446
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

speechless of JKidd's performance. Utterly amazing. Ilove this team

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #447
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obedon View Post
It's more to do with Barea not running the offense because Kidd is doing that. I admit Barea is doing well though but it's mostly because that this reason.
Hell man JJB shut down Joe Johnson in the overtime and 4th.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #448
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Hell man JJB shut down Joe Johnson in the overtime and 4th.
Most of that time, if i'm not mistaken, we were in a zone. Kidd definitely had a lot to do with the defensive pressure put on Johnson, but I think it was the zone that really through him, and all of Atlanta off

Quote:
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #449
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
Most of that time, if i'm not mistaken, we were in a zone. Kidd definitely had a lot to do with the defensive pressure put on Johnson, but I think it was the zone that really through him, and all of Atlanta off
Sure we were in a zone but it was jjb facing him up in it. Dang are we going to argue about that with respect to jjb also. He should have had about 2 charging calls on the dude also.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #450
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sure we were in a zone but it was jjb facing him up in it. Dang are we going to argue about that with respect to jjb also. He should have had about 2 charging calls on the dude also.
I am of the opinion that if Johnson would have taken more shots we would have lost. It wasn't so much JJ's defense as it was Johnson's lack of shot attempts. Crawford ABSOLUTELY shot them out of this game. Goes to show that pull up 3's and contested jumpers LOSE games.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #451
dude1394
Guru

Lessee..he took 3 shots in the fourth and missed them all, then he took 4 more shots in the overtime and missed them all.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=300226001

You may be correct (as anything is possible) but it's hard to see how you can make this assertion. In the third all of his shots were layups...
Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #452
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I maintain Joe Johnson is NOT a go-to 1st option. He's just not. Great 2nd banana though. JJ goes to the line less than any other "star".
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #453
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
Lessee..he took 3 shots in the fourth and missed them all, then he took 4 more shots in the overtime and missed them all.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=300226001

You may be correct (as anything is possible) but it's hard to see how you can make this assertion. In the third all of his shots were layups...
Johnson was lighting us up like a Christmas tree through 3 quarters, the Hawks just stopped going to him, and he lost his rhythm. Not his fault. Also, Jamal Crawford just started jacking up shit, contested 3's/deep 2's, of which he missed virtually every single one during the 4th quarter/overtime. I don't see how my point is that far-fetched. Also, if you've watched JJ with any regularity, you know that if you feed him the ball enough, he will start ABUSING JJB, whereas Johnson seemed content to get to the free throw line extended and pull up over him. Johnson could easily have put this game.

Don't get me wrong, Dirk/Kidd/Jet/Haywood were all clutch as hell, but I think this was mainly due to incredibly poor shot selection by Crawford/not going to JJ enough.

Call me crazy.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #454
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
Johnson was lighting us up like a Christmas tree through 3 quarters, the Hawks just stopped going to him, and he lost his rhythm. Not his fault. .
OTOH, Kidd, Terry, and Barea all stepped up their games to hit big shots after faltering or doing nothing for a good stretch of minutes. You simply have to hit when it's your shot. No doubt the rest of the Hawks choked in final few minutes (except Bibby maybe), but that doesn't mean Johnson wasn't also choking his way out of a win.

-edit: and wasn't that him with the obvious forearm to Barea over and over? They would have eventually called that.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 02-27-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #455
dude1394
Guru

The dude missed his last seven shots and they were mostly against a guy who is 5'9". If it were dirk and this were tnt we'd hear no end of how he choked and "has to take that midget to the post" crap. JJB played really nice positional defense and did not let him drive, he missed 7 straight. He looked like a bad option to me.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #456
Gray Sage

Gray Sage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs817 View Post
So I guess the JJB bashing can stop for a couple of nights?
I thought it was interesting that Hubie Brown really had a lot of positive things to say about Barea, including his BBIQ. I don't believe I've heard much of that before.
Gray Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #457
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Johnson was throwing up a lot of crap that was going in earlier in the game. The law of averages kind of caught up with him to a degree.

When you throw up baseline runners off the wrong foot with your eyes closed and hitting nothing but net... you are bound to miss some wide open shots later on down the road.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #458
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Johnson lost his rhythm due to the Maverick zone. Playing a zone gives a completely different dynamic than playing man. It was enough that Johnson was off just a little bit in the 4th in OT, in my opinion. And it wasn't just him, it was the whole team.

It also helped than half of those long jumpers taken by the Hawks were from Josh Smith and Al Horford, not Johnson or Crawford. That's the wonder of the zone, again. It gives a lot of semi-open shots from 19+ feet, and tonight, none of those guys could hit 'em from that range late in the game.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #459
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Here's a nice highlight package I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8J4jy2qQY
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #460
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
Nice quality! I'm so used to Mavs highlight vids being a year or two old and still being in crappy Youtube resolution and size. Youtube has really improved in that regards. So much enjoyable when you aren't squinting at a fuzzy 2 inch by 2 inch video (hello, ATDHE).
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #461
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Very nice! Thanks a lot.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #462
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
That looks more like a Matrix highlight reel in the beginning.

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 04-11-2010 at 10:15 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #463
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

A few random observations:
1) Terry (early) and Barea (late) made some nice passes.
2) That shot by Dirk over Bibby with 4:22 left in OT was crazy.
3) Haywood is so expressionless. He made a nice 3-pt play with 4:55 to go in the 4th and responded to a pumped-up completely emotionlessly.
4) How clueless is Woodson? He didn't take a single timeout during the big 4th quarter run by the Mavs (the game stopped during an official timeout to sort out the Kidd-running-into-the-coach situation).

Last edited by aurelino9; 04-11-2010 at 10:27 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #464
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That Kidd steal/behind-the-back assist to JJB is a thing of beauty...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #465
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

That @ ATL was my favorite game of the year.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tipoff time fail