Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-14-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - I was just seeing if I could give murph a heart attack.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 09:15 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap I thought you were crazy...it gave me one. LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i was about to go off on somebody [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2002, 10:30 PM   #4
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

"What the ???" was my initial reaction... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Can't wait for Dirk to come back.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:31 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Yes they are.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:33 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

you better duck grbh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2002, 10:34 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Nice shock value.

No, they aren't better without Dirk, but they've sure shown some impressive effort without him.

But, no they aren't better without him, just like they aren't better without Finley, imo.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:46 PM   #8
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

The Mavs are pretty good away from home, too.

Maybe they are better without fans.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:49 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

They knew we were right here with them the whole time.....
Old 04-14-2002, 10:50 PM   #10
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< The Mavs are pretty good away from home, too.

>>

Yeah. For the home games in the playoffs, just not let anyone buy tickets. Not a soul in the stands.

Then we'll know what it would be like if the Montreal Expos had made the playoffs last year.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:50 PM   #11
DTL
Diamond Member

I blame it on the DVD players in the locker room. Too much distraction playing at the AAC.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:51 PM   #12
DTL
Diamond Member

<< Yeah. For the home games in the playoffs, just not let anyone buy tickets. Not a soul in the stands.

Then we'll know what it would be like if the Montreal Expos had made the playoffs last year.
>>

We'll get to see that when the Hornets play at home in the playoffs this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2002, 10:54 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

LOL. Maybe New Orleans can sell some tix for them.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:02 PM   #14
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

personally I would like to see what this team could do with Dirk, Nash, and Fin on the bench. I think they would be better. Imagine this starting lineup
NVE
Griffen
Najera
Raef
Wang

Old 04-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #15
DTL
Diamond Member

Bradley instead of Wang would be a better lineup, IMHO.

How about:
AJ
Newman
Manning
EE
Bradley
Old 04-14-2002, 11:11 PM   #16
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

The Mavs have so much talent that one of the problems is there are not enough minutes and shots to go around. Take away Dirks minutes and shots and other players get a chance to shine. Dirk deserves everything he gets, but there are some good players, all the way down to guys on the IR, who deserve consistent minutes and get little to none. The ideal rotation is about 9 players and the Mavs have 15 legitimate players, 12 active. Some deserving someone is going to get left out.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 11:24 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

David pointed out one of the problems that Portland has. Too many players deserving minutes. It's actually not a good problem to have, although better than the alternative. Fortunately the Mavs team IS a team and you don't hear whining about minutes, points, etc. If the complaining ever starts then we will have a problem.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 12:01 AM   #18
StrangeBrew13

StrangeBrew13 is on a distinguished road

Nellie's offense and the versatility of the players he acquires makes the situation more favorable with or without your best player in the game. Countless Mavs players can play 2 or 3 spots in the lineup and there is still somewhat of an established order amongst the rotation. Wang has shown in Dirk's absence that he is probably worth everything the Mavs can do to keep him here, which I think he will.

How likely is Bradley, Esch, Avery, Manning or Tariq(injured) to complain? Nick and Raef are newcomers who has been rescued from Denver and been on their best behavior and the Big 3 practically define harmony. The rest of our scrappers all come out like pitbulls when given the chance and enjoy making the other teams nights miserable. The Mavs have two of the best shooting/ball handler/distributors in Nash and Van Exel. Damon Stoudamire pales in comparison to either, in my opinion, and it shows in their team cohesion. Kings fans are probably questioning the quality of their point guard play tonight also when they see our latest addition and our All-Star beating everyone they put on them.

Old 04-15-2002, 12:06 AM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Strange Brew- good post. Welcome to the board. Love the name. It makes me think of the McKenzie brothers and the movie.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:13 AM   #20
DTL
Diamond Member

Good post StrangBrew.

I think you're right about the team this year. But it might be hard for Cuban/Nellie to hoard all this talent on the same team for many more years. Griff, Buckner, Najera, and even Wang, not to mention NVE, should all be deserving of starter minutes. None of them, except for perhaps NVE, would seem to be the type that'd complain about PT, but in terms of contract money, I wonder how the team might have to adjust a couple of years down the road.

Now, that's a long way away to be sure....Hopefully we can win a couple before this wonderful group will be broken up.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:13 AM   #21
StrangeBrew13

Thanks Drbio, I saw the title of this thread and couldn't resist getting suckered in by the shameless ploy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MFFL, ever though of taking up a career in writing newspaper headlines?
Old 04-15-2002, 12:15 AM   #22
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Hwy Strangebrew. Good to see another fine Mavtalk poster over here.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 12:21 AM   #23
StrangeBrew13

Same to you Oz! I really like the analysis I read over here.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:27 AM   #24
grbh
Platinum Member

Nice post strangebrew, welcome aboard. Judging from your first post I think a lot of us would like to hear more from you. I think you will find this a nice change from MAvTalk

Old 04-15-2002, 12:38 AM   #25
StrangeBrew13

I am just trying to find my rhythm before the playoffs start! However, I may have to hold off from posting for a couple of days due to the bone spurs in my wrists from typing at Mavtalk too much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 09:42 AM   #26
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I couldn't get this thread open fast enough MFFL so I could respond. So I laughed when I saw your response... Good one..