Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Three point watch

Our sucking from long range was a huge topic during summer, so i checked our main players:

Kidd:
1.7 4.1 42.6

Dirk:
0.8 2.3 35.3

Terry:
1.5 4.5 34.3

Barea:
0.9 2.5 34.2

Boobie:
0.5 1.5 31.3

Thomas (4 games)
1.3 2.8 45.5

Ross:
0.2 0.8 20.0

Kidd is awesome. Terry saved the Rockets game, before that game he shot 30%. But i miss from him his old 40+ seasons. Same with Dirk. Boobie missed the last 7, so his numbers went down. Barea should move up to 38+ if he wanna take 2-3 in his limited minutes.

I will check in a few weeks again.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-26-2009 at 09:00 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

We manage to make one every game, to keep that league-leading streak alive.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Desagana Diop kept that streak alive during the clips one year.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
lol, dont remember that:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2006041906

When the streak started?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

is it just me or is roddy jacking up more 3 pointers than he should this early in his career? I want to see him blow by defenders and get to the cup.
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
lol, dont remember that:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2006041906

When the streak started?
The streak was in jeopardy and Diop kept it alive by sinking a 3 in the closing seconds.... look at his 3 pt in that game, 1-1.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Wow, I didn't know that but now I do. That's a great memory you have.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #8
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I remember it vividly. It was hilarious. The last game of the regular season in 06, all the starters sat and we were forced into a rotation that included what I believe are Pavel Podkolzin's only NBA minutes. Nobody gave a shit all night until it came to the team's attention that the record was on the line in the closing minutes, so of all people, Mark Cuban called a play for a Gana three and it went in. I'm pretty sure that was also the night everyone in the AAC got free airline tickets. Why I remember all this who knows. I just remember laughing hysterically.

EDIT: And are we sure it's league-leading? I thought the Raptors had that. Which is why I was REALLY pissed when we played them one time, held them without a three pointer the entire game, and then someone sank a desperation heave at the last buzzer.

Last edited by StackAttack; 11-27-2009 at 01:21 AM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
sefant77
Guru

Didnt find it on Youtube, damn.

Found the Play-by-Play:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playby...19006&period=4

Just Marshall and Powell bricking a whole quarter, lol

Last edited by sefant77; 11-27-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:33 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
I remember it vividly. It was hilarious. The last game of the regular season in 06, all the starters sat and we were forced into a rotation that included what I believe are Pavel Podkolzin's only NBA minutes. Nobody gave a shit all night until it came to the team's attention that the record was on the line in the closing minutes, so of all people, Mark Cuban called a play for a Gana three and it went in. I'm pretty sure that was also the night everyone in the AAC got free airline tickets. Why I remember all this who knows. I just remember laughing hysterically.

EDIT: And are we sure it's league-leading? I thought the Raptors had that. Which is why I was REALLY pissed when we played them one time, held them without a three pointer the entire game, and then someone sank a desperation heave at the last buzzer.
Nice. Very nice.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

uhoh, will he be banned?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Thanks, DJ Mbenga tried to keep the streak going by launching a 3 of his own, but he air balled his attempt, so Diop came in and saved the day!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If that ever happens to this team, and all our shooters are sitting, and we need a three, then I think we should have Damp be our Diop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db.com
It was good-natured clowning, Popeye challenging Damp to make a 3-pointer – and Dampier proceeded to launch a series of nothing-but-net jumpers from beyond the arc.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

Dirk hardly takes any 3s anymore. If Singleton can chuck up a three, why not have Dirk do the same. When Dirk sinks a 3 in a road game, the silence in the crowd is deafening. The other bench grimace and slump their shoulders. Their coach is disgusted. Dirk hangs his tongue out. His teammates get pumped up on defense. It just swings the momentum of the game.
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

I miss the often three point shooting Dirk before Avery came.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #16
sefant77
Guru

Bump

Terry had a great start into the season but the last 1-2 weeks he bricks them again.

Dirk: 1.9 FGA 36.8%
Butler:1.5 FGA 42.3%

Stevenson: 2.7 FGA 51.1%
Kidd:4.9 FGA 35.7%
Terry: 4.5 FGA 36%
Barea: 2.2 FGA 15.2%

Kidd has to step up and lift his percentage back up into the 40s. Looks like Terry just isnt able anymore to shoot longterm 39-42% like in his prime years. And Barea just shouldnt take them at all this weeks.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-05-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 AM   #17
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
Bump

Terry had a great start into the season but the last 1-2 weeks he bricks them again.

Kidd has to step up and lift his percentage back up into the 40s. Looks like Terry just isnt able anymore to shoot longterm 39-42% like in his prime years. And Barea just shouldnt take them at all this weeks.
barea should just never shoot 3s anymore in his lifetime
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 AM   #18
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Bump

Butlers percentage will finish no higher than 35% imo
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
sefant77
Guru

God-like:
Stevenson: 2.7/50%

Great:
Dirk 2.3 / 42.4%
Butler 2.0 / 40%

Solid:
-

Work on it:
Kidd 4.7 / 34.7%
Terry 4.1 / 35.9%

Just go away:
Barea 2.2 / 12.3%
Marion 0.7 / 21.2%

League #17 with 18.9 attempts/g on 35.2
Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #20
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Man, Terry and Kidd really need to get those %s up. Especially Kidd. It really hurts our team when he can't hit open threes because teams just stop respecting him all together and hard double Dirk.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #21
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Man, Terry and Kidd really need to get those %s up. Especially Kidd. It really hurts our team when he can't hit open threes because teams just stop respecting him all together and hard double Dirk.
I don't think opponents still respect Kidd's shot, I mean he isn't jacking contested 3's. I think it'd be nice if he'd hit a few more, though the one's he has hit are clutch, thus making up for the 2-3 he missed earlier in the game. the opposing game plan it to force the others to beat them, keep the ball away from dirk and double it out if he gets it. That will be the scouting report every night.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I don't think opponents still respect Kidd's shot, I mean he isn't jacking contested 3's. I think it'd be nice if he'd hit a few more, though the one's he has hit are clutch, thus making up for the 2-3 he missed earlier in the game. the opposing game plan it to force the others to beat them, keep the ball away from dirk and double it out if he gets it. That will be the scouting report every night.
Not really. Last year teams finally started catching on and respecting Kidd's shot because he was hitting the threes at such a high rate. It's true that teams will always give him that shot before a Dirk ISO, but there is a HUGE difference between when he hits them and when he doesn't. When he's hitting them, teams are cognisant of that. They even discuss it in huddles. When Kidd is missing threes, guys won't even bother trying to cover him at the line. Moreover, when he's missing he often becomes timid to shoot them.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #23
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didnt find it on Youtube, damn.

Found the Play-by-Play:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playby...19006&period=4

Just Marshall and Powell bricking a whole quarter, lol
Was just looking at this box score, and holy crap, there was actually a player named "Boniface Napos;Dong" that played for the Clips? What the heck?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #24
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Was just looking at this box score, and holy crap, there was actually a player named "Boniface Napos;Dong" that played for the Clips? What the heck?
Haha, nice catch.

Boniface N'Dong

I think the abbreviation of "Napos" actually made his name worse/more awesome.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-20-2010 at 06:37 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

"I made a three pointer tonite"-Ryner

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #26
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got a video of this Diop-3?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #27
kiddpg

kiddpg is on a distinguished road

kidd has improved his 3 point shotting alot
kiddpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #28
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The Barea 3 vs. the Diop 3...

.. the question of which is more original lives on!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #29
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
God-like:
Stevenson: 2.7/50%

Great:
Dirk 2.3 / 42.4%
Butler 2.0 / 40%

Solid:
-

Work on it:
Kidd 4.7 / 34.7%
Terry 4.1 / 35.9%

Just go away:
Barea 2.2 / 12.3%
Marion 0.7 / 21.2%

League #17 with 18.9 attempts/g on 35.2
Last post was from 12-20

Stevenson 3.8/45.5%

Dirk 2.5/41.6%
Butler RIP 2.2/43.1%
Cardinal 2.0/44.9

Terry 4.2/31.9%
Kidd 4.8/32.1%

Barea 2.2/24.4

Kidd&Terry thanks...
Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

anyone want to guess who leads the league in three point percentage? lol
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #31
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Peja? Dorell Wright?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #32
mavs777
Diamond Member

Shawn Williams

no joke
Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #33
mavs777
Diamond Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl.../stat/3-points
Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #34
sefant77
Guru

Yep, there was an article about him ~2 weeks ago.

He cut the contact to all his "buddies" and other bad influences and started really to focus on his last chance. Too bad he didnt do it a year earlier.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #35
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Wow, Williams? The guy is a tremoundous athlete, not just a pure shooter. Well maybe that wake up call from the Mavs was the thing he needed, it's good for him. There are guys who revert back, hopefully he doesn't, hopefully gets a few good people to surround him for guidance. For all the JR Rider's out there, it's nice to see someone find a spot.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #36
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Anyone got a video of this Diop-3?
No but it looks like in the same game, there were no threes till 2 minutes left in the game

here is the recap http://espn.go.com/nba/recap/_/id/26...llas-mavericks
Old 02-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #37
mavs777
Diamond Member

BUMP

Mavs have been great from 3 lately