Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #281
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Haha, i laughed on that sleeper and yawn. That caught me off guard. I loved it and yes we better do something in fa. We sucked tonight and i promise you alot of teams did good tonight. Portland, SA, GS all did and i think Detroit did ok. Plus others did well.
All we had to do was trade josh for the bobcats #8 pick? Did you really want to trade devin/josh for a #8?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #282
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Pavels Brother!?!?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #283
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

what the eff...??????
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #284
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

home boy is a freaking swole-ass white boy...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #285
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #286
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I'm like a younger sexy Janet Reno, without all her charm and sex-appeal.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #287
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Just thug him up and make him steam roll everybody. We just drafted 6 good fouls.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #288
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I like the 59th pick for Phx, Strawberry. He will make their team.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #289
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

We will NEVER see either of these guys in a Mavs uni. Come on, Mavs.

What happened to all the guards we worked out? We better do something besides re-sign Stackhouse and George. Somebody good with the MLE.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #290
peruna11

peruna11 is on a distinguished road

according to the DMN Blog the mavs aquired Reyshawn Terry...

http://mavs.beloblog.com/
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #291
bobatundi
Golden Member

That last dude we drafted averaged 3 ppg in some Euro tourney...and that's the BEST they can say about him.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #292
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

If we got Reyshawn Terry, i like this. I like him alot.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #293
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I think it might have come down to the roster issue. We drafted a Croshere replacement and a couple guys we can stash 'em away (forever?) in Europe.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #294
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

How did we get Terry? What are the details? This guy could dunk Fazikas thru the rim. Terry is good. He was even taken after our great western Nev wonder, Frazikas.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #295
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruna11
according to the DMN Blog the mavs aquired Reyshawn Terry...

This I actually like--good athlete, good outside shooter
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #296
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take Reyshawn Terry, he's got a little bit of upside.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #297
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Man, I think your front office from the early 90's has taken over my Rockets front office tonight. I don't see why the hell we picked another PG (and a midget one at that) when we already have six on the roster (James, Alston, V-Span, Lucas, Sura & Head). Especially when we don't even have one PF on the roster.

Someone's ass better be shipped out of town for some frontcourt help....

Damn the Blazers came up.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #298
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
A coachable kid with a great attitude ... Sort of a Brent Barry without the great shooting ability

Weaknesses: While he's a great scorer, he needs to work on his outside shooting, he's so fast and handles so well he gets by most defenders at will and shows no interest in shooting the ball, he'll need to develop this area of his game... Defense is improving, he has the right attitude towards it, just needs to develop better technique... Still very slight body, must put on more strength ...
Career 47.7% 3pt shooter, and 52.7% from the field. That sounds like he at least has some jumpshooting.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #299
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Wait... we can't have two Terrys; the universe would implode. One of them has got to go.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #300
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Reyshawn Terry can play and get on the court, no matter what team we play. He plays like all the guys on GS that get up and down the court and will dunk you thru the basket.

I have been hard on Fazikas already but to me, he will never be as good as a Keith van Horn. KVH i think would make Fazikas look slow. Fazikas is good and depenable inside with a lay up or garbage basket if no one is underneath or to pressure him but in the nba they are hammering you inside. Punching you.

Frazikas will have to become a very good shooter outside. Plus, not have these guys take the ball away from him. I hope he proves me wrong and Avery is high on this kid and maybe they know more than us on him but i am telling you, Reyshawn Terry can play.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #301
bobatundi
Golden Member

So the Mavs did work out Terry and Rakovic (and Fazekas and Seibutis, too). I'm hoping the Reyshawn Terry trade rumor is true, I think he's got the athleticism to be a good NBA role player. I see him replacing George.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #302
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Career 47.7% 3pt shooter, and 52.7% from the field. That sounds like he at least has some jumpshooting.
I just copied & pasted. It would be great if he had a shot to go with his supposed driving ability.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #303
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

wasnt arguing with you but the analysis. I dont know how 47% from three in the best Greek league stacks up but it definitely doesnt sound like his biggest weakness. Sounds like he's a little slow, and way too skinny. Sounds like he is just a young guy with everything except experience.

coachable, plays his ass off on defense, drives well, shoots well from midrange and long....

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-28-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #304
peruna11

straight from Donnie Nelson....

Nick Fazekas: "There's a premium on shooting. He's one of the best shooters -- if not the best shooter -- in the draft. It's incredible what he can do from the outside. ... Defensively, he's a lot better than you think, because he's a smart defender."

Reyshawn Terry: "The thing that jumped out is his athleticism. He's really long. He's a good passer, can shoot the deep ball. He's one of the best athletes in the draft."

Renaldas Seibutis: Acknowledged that Seibutis would stay overseas for at least one year and said the Mavs didn't take Taurean Green because J.J. Barea is "pretty darn good." Described Seibutus as an excellentn open-court player who could develop into a point guard.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #305
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

After a little research, I like the pick. Dude shot 47% from three the last 2 years. He was supposedly one of the most athletic guards in Europe and can shoot. Compared to Ginobili on 2 different sites I looked at.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #306
V2M
Diamond Member

That's not bad at all. We get a Dirk-lite, a Josh-lite and a prospect to be stashed away for a while.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:43 PM   #307
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
Compared to Ginobili on 2 different sites I looked at.
I hope he can flop like him...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #308
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

That is a killer draft. Pound for pound we did as well as anyone in the draft with what we had.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #309
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I have been hard on Fazikas already but to me, he will never be as good as a Keith van Horn. KVH i think would make Fazikas look slow.
Snail-like is more like it. This kid Fuzekas is not just a poor man's Van Horn, he is a homeless man's Van Horn. Van Horn could get it done on both sides of the court, with reliability and aplomb. If he doesn't get hurt for the playoffs in '05, we almost certainly win the title.

I admire the Mavs for recognizing this and trying to get a clone of the guy. And on the surface, yes, Fuzykas does look like a clone of the guy. But it is many generations removed.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #310
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the pick. I've always liked players who rebound and shoot a high percentage at the college level and this guy does both.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 PM   #311
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Since MJ traded Brandon Wright away to Golden State for J-Rich, does that mean Gerald Wallace is officially available???????

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:59 PM   #312
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

he POTENTIALLY is.

I think GS is going to go for Yi, and if they can't get him, then yeah...Wallace will be available.
But if they can ship J.Rich for Yi and whatever to make it work, then no he won't be available.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #313
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

terry for wallace, sign MoPete and we'll have one hell of a team next year.

Damp/Diop/M'Benga/Fazekas
Dirk/Wallace/Fazekas
Wallace/Howard/(Stackhouse)/Terry
Howard/MoPete/(Stackhouse)
Harris/JJB

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-29-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 AM   #314
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Well that was a pretty good draft, entertaining to say the least. Ray Allen and Jason Richardson traded, and we picked up three players that could help us out in the future, with 3 second round picks.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 AM   #315
peruna11

Mavs draft backup plan for Dirk

11:58 PM CDT on Thursday, June 28, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com

Last season, only two Division I players in the nation averaged at least 20 points and 10 rebounds per game.

The one not named Kevin Durant is coming to the Mavericks.

The Mavericks made the most of what they had Thursday night, selecting Nevada forward Nick Fazekas in the second round with the 34th overall pick.

Everybody thought this was one of the deepest drafts in memory and the selection of Fazekas proves it. Before the selection, president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson had said the 34th pick this year was on par with the 23rd to 25th picks of 2006.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

If that's the case, that should give Fazekas a decent chance to contribute as a rookie next season.

"We got a young guy who has plenty of energy," coach Avery Johnson said. "I called him on the phone and said, 'We're excited about having you and some of the things you can do,' and he said, 'Coach, I can do everything.' So at least he's confident."

The scouting report on the 6-foot-11 Fazekas is that he is an excellent face-the-basket shooter who can get to the free-throw line. He was a big-time rebounder throughout his four seasons at Nevada.

He's capable of some big games. He had 24 points and a career-best-tying 18 rebounds against Utah State.

How numbers like that will translate to the NBA remains to be seen. But the Mavericks have been searching for a backup to Dirk Nowitzki for years. They have gone through players like Keith Van Horn and Austin Croshere without much luck.

Now they will try to use a draftee to fill that role.

Then again, with Fazekas' confidence, maybe that's aiming too low. Does he have his sights on the MVP power forward's job?

"No, that's Dirk's job," Fazekas said. "I'm there to play with Dirk. But I am confident. That's the way I feel. I'm a winner and I'm excited to go to the winningest program in the NBA."

Johnson said the Mavericks' scouts zeroed in on Fazekas during the season and they were impressed by his workout last week.

"In our league, as much as I like defense and rebounding, the league has shown you've got to have big guys who can pass, big guys that can shoot and big guys that can score inside a little," Johnson said.

Nick Fazekas averaged 20.4 points and 11.1 rebounds last season for Nevada.

He added that drafting a big man was important, given that Croshere is an unrestricted free agent.

For Fazekas, the wait to get to No. 34 got a little excruciating as draft night went on. But it was worth the wait, he said.

"I'm not disappointed at all," he said. "I'm glad the Mavericks rolled the dice on me."

The Mavs also had the 50th pick and selected Renaldas Seibutis from Greece. They also took Milovan Rakovic from Serbia with the 60th pick.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.394d1e6.html
Old 06-29-2007, 12:41 AM   #316
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruna11
Mavs draft backup plan for Dirk

11:58 PM CDT on Thursday, June 28, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

They also took Milovan Rakovic from Serbia with the 60th pick.
At 11:10pm Tim McMahon writes on the DMN Blog that Mavs trade the rights to Rakovic for Reyshaun Terry.

At 11:25pm, he quotes Donnie on the draft including Reyshaun.

Now at 11:58pm, Sefko's still stuck on Rakovic!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 AM   #317
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm a north carolinian who hates UNC to death b/c they're always so good. I know exactly what Terry is capable of. Now it's time that my foes share in my dread.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 AM   #318
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Bring on July 1st. Something tells me there will be plenty more player movement this offseason.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #319
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't post last night, but I wanted to comment on a lot of things:

1) Celtics PG situation - I like Rondo a lot. When he got minutes, he produced. I'm not a celtics fan, but had Rondo on both of my fantasy teams. I know fantasy isn't everything, especially on losing teams, but he got crazy numbers for assists and steals. That will translate well in any environment, especially passing to Allen. Delonte West could score, but Rondo has a much better all-around game. His only real weakness is his jumper, which is improving.

2) Josh McRoberts - I am a pretty big Duke fan, and I will say that if McRoberts amounts to anything more than a 9th - 12th man, I'll be VERY surprised. The guy has no heart, no passion. And he can't shoot. In many games last year, he would rather take a 18 foot hook shot that a face-up jumper.

3) Fazekas - I like the pick. He's not the most athletic guy, but he has great instincts. As far as shooting is concerned, the comparisons to Steve Novak are valid. He could hit some big shots for us. I also like byars (I live in Nashville and have seen him play a lot). Byars would have given us a little more athleticism, but fazekas is a better reboundre (they're close of shooting ability).
Old 06-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #320
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

I'm not 100% sold on the Fazekas pick.
He was a very good college player but drafting a KVH - Croshere clone does not IMHO answer any of the low post scoring needs on this team.

I think Big Baby Davis could've turned into a pick and roll demon here ala Carlos Boozer.
Someone who could hold his position down low that we could throw the ball into to draw some double teams. Davis is a pretty good passer and has some good moves down low. He isn't a CAN'T MISS type but he is a type we do not have here and he has good hands.

The 2 Euros were kind of expected. I thought we'd stash a pick or two.
Reyshawn Terry was a pleasant surprise and definitely worth a gamble that late.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote