Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #121
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post
they are showing the replay of the full game on NBATV right now (to those that missed it), should be able to watch this time around since there would be no live blackout as its recorded. The channel should be working at the least with the free pass this week.
Thanks, man.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #122
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get to watch the game tonight...can someone sum the whole thing up in one word or less? You see, I'm very lazy.

Am I getting NBATV on FiOS now? I heard I am supposed to be, but haven't seen it in the HD channel block. And frankly, if it ain't in HD, I am not interested.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #123
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I didn't get to watch the game tonight...can someone sum the whole thing up in one word or less? You see, I'm very lazy.
Rodhumptrix

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #124
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Am I getting NBATV on FiOS now? I heard I am supposed to be, but haven't seen it in the HD channel block. And frankly, if it ain't in HD, I am not interested.
No but Fios has HDnet. SO you can just watch the games there.

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 10-09-2009 at 11:59 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #125
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And frankly, if it ain't in HD, I am not interested.
That sounds pretty gay.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #126
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Rodhumptrix
In one word, this hits the nail on the head!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-10-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #127
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future
Default Mavs-Wizards Recap

Quote:
If Friday night was any indication of what new Maverick Shawn Marion brings to the Dallas lineup, then fans have a lot to be excited about.
Starting next to Jason Kidd, Matt Carroll, Dirk Nowitzki and Drew Gooden, Marion and the Mavs notched their first win of the preseason with a 123-115 victory over the Washington Wizards.

“It’s preseason, I’m just trying to get in the flow of things and get my wind up,” Marion said.
Seeing his first game action of the preseason, Marion did just about everything on the court for Dallas in his 30 minutes of playing time, scoring a game-high 26 points (on 11-of-15 shooting) while grabbing five rebounds, snatching three steals and dishing out two assists.

“Shawn Marion is a unique player,” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said. “We have all always loved him from afar and we are really happy to have him with us. He is going to bring a lot of good things to us on both ends of the court.”
The Wizards came to play early, using a 4-0 start to jump out to an early 9-2 advantage. The Mavs battled back behind Nowitzki, who scored the first six Dallas points.
After fighting back to claim a 14-13 lead on a Nowitzki turnaround jumper, the Mavs found themselves in a back-and-forth affair until Kidd’s play-making and three-point shooting (2-for-2 from behind the arch in the quarter) combined with Marion’s versatility to push Dallas ahead 33-26 at the end of one.

“The game, it makes it that much easier when (teammates) are looking for you to score and looking for you when you’re wide-open and making the passes, and (Kidd) was doing that tonight,” Marion said.
Marion, who played the entire first quarter, led Dallas to 52 percent shooting in the period while the Wizards connected on 44 percent.
Nowitzki and newcomer Drew Gooden combated a quick Wizards’ start in the second quarter, and forward Kris Humphries’ jumper at the 5:19-mark made it a 49-39 Maverick lead. The Wizards proceeded to trim it to a 49-46 game, before the Mavs once again seized control by pushing the advantage to 65-56 at the half.
Marion led Dallas with 15 first half points, while Nowitzki added 12. The Wizards’ Caron Butler led all scorers with 19 points in the half.

“We might have run two plays for him tonight and he was 11-for-15,” Kidd said of Marion’s play. “He makes the game easy.”
Dallas continued the hot shooting from the opening quarter, finishing the half shooting 53 percent. Meanwhile, behind Butler, Washington finished the half shooting 49 percent. Both teams grabbed 22 rebounds in the half, while Dallas committed just six turnovers compared to Washington’s eight giveaways.

The big story of the first half was Dallas’ execution at the charity stripe, knocking down 20-of-22 at the foul line as the Wizards hit just 12-of-21 at the other end.
Dallas found a spark from two unexpected sources in the second half, as Humphries and rookie guard Rodrigue Beaubois emerged as contributors off the Maverick bench.

Beaubois got the start to begin the third quarter, replacing Matt Carroll at the shooting guard spot. In the rookie, Dallas found a scorer and playmaker as the young guard scored 11 of his 14 points in the third. He also added three asist on the night.
“He was aggressive but under control, it was an opportunity for him to play with our veterans, and it will make the game easier for him. He is a terrific kid that loves to play and he fits into our culture very well,” Carlisle said of Beaubois’ performance.

The Mavs went up 86-72 on a Beaubois driving score, and when Washington crept closer the rookie nailed a 3-pointer to push the advantage to 95-82 with 2:09 left in the third.
Already up by 11, the Mavericks closed the quarter on a 6-0 run to lead 103-86 heading into the final period.

The margin entering the fourth would prove to be too much for Washington to come back from, despite a 13-3 Wizards run to start the quarter, cutting the lead to nine. The Wizards outscored the Maverick reserves 29-20 in the final period, but Dallas was never seriously threatened and held on in route to the eight-point win.

“We were moving the ball and everybody had an assist. It’s not just like one person had like 15 or 20,” Marion said. “There are going to be some nights when Jason Kidd has 15 or 20 assists. That’s inevitable because that’s the type of player that he is, but at the same time we have a very dynamic group of guys here. People can do a lot of things on the floor.”

Kidd finished with 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds while knocking down 4-of-7 from three-point range. In limited action Nowitzki added 14 points, as three Maverick starters posted double-figure scoring nights. Kris Humphries led the Maverick reserves with 15 points and seven rebounds before fouling out late in the fourth quarter.

Butler, held scoreless in the second half, and Antawn Jamison led the Wizards with 19 points a piece, respectively.
Behind their hot shooting fourth period, the Wizards out-shot the Mavs 53 to 47 percent, and Washington won the rebounding edge 45 to 39. The Maverick defense did however force the Wizards into 19 turnovers, while only committing 12 turnovers of their own.

Dallas also won the game at the foul line, hitting 37-of-43. Washington connected on just 26-of-42.
“I thought defensively we made some mistakes in the first half, and we have to remedy those because this is going to be an opportunist team. I didn’t think we did a good job with our shooters early, but we adjusted and it all worked out. We had some good things happen, but we have a lot of work to do,” Carlisle said.

The Mavs now return home for their third preseason game, facing the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday at 6:00 p.m. at the American Airlines Center. Dallas begins the regular season at home on Oct. 27 against the Wizards. For ticket information call (214) 747-MAVS.
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/ma...009_10_10.html
Old 10-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #128
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

woooo, watching the reply of the game now. Man i love watching Roddy play, so quick when he goes to the bucket. Wow, just makes me think.......Devin? Who?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #129
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Humphries is going to have to get a little burn he is the toughness we have missed since Stack in 06. Not afraid of contact, but it is hard to find minutes for him at the 4, maybe we will see more of Nowitzki at the 5 but I believe Gooden will be solid. A good problem to have
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #130
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Shawn Marion impressed me. I saw the game on NBATV.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:48 AM   #131
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Instead of getting intimidated he embarrasses Arenas on the next play, by stealing the ball right out of his hands and flying down the court for a hard slam.
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
I want a clip of that

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #132
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
I want a clip of that
The whole game is airing again on NBATV at 11am.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #133
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure these aren't new stats to you guys, but I just checked them out.

Anyone realize Hump got 15 pts and 7 defensive rebounds? Roddy got 14 and 3 assists? Dirk only got 14 pts, but it didn't matter because the Matrix got 26 and Kidd got 15 pts, 7 assists, and 5 rebs?

That's some pretty heavy stuff how great the whole team played.

Gooden got 8 pts 4 rebs... Not bad. I like where things are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #134
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Man, Robo is the real deal. The kid is going to be a heck of a player. He's disruptive on defense and on offense he tears through those picks like a seasoned pro. His three point shot looks effortless.

I really liked what I saw out of Humphries and Marion was impressive too.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #135
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Will Roddy make us stop missing Devin Harris? I didn't see the game, but it sounds like he may be starting from a more mature place...more in control and less wild. Comments anyone?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #136
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt see the game but what i see from the boxscore:

Every guard except Kidd and Roddy bricked like crap.

Haywood/Blatche/McGee 13-18FG for 35 points and 17 rebounds, wtf?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #137
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
I want a clip of that
Two handed dunk too. It looked easy for him. Little guy can jump!
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #138
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We only have the sd version right now. They added it with those four new HD channels. FWIW The HD version is supposedly coming before the season starts along with League Pass according to some posts I saw in a forum somewhere (DSL Reports?).

edit: found a link
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon...-TV/ba-p/82923

Last edited by FreshJive; 10-10-2009 at 12:44 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #139
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to see Roddy get consistent playing time this year. He's good, and he's a good compliment to Kidd.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #140
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Marion scores 26 in Dallas Mavericks' 123-115 preseason win

WASHINGTON – Jason Kidd was analyzing the benefits Shawn Marion will bring to the Mavericks and besides the rebounding, steals, blocks and natural feel for the game, there is something else.

"He'll help Dirk [Nowitzki] a lot," Kidd said. "Watch how much things open up for Dirk when Shawn is in there."

If their first pairing, a 123-115 exhibition win against Washington on Friday night, is any indicator, Kidd has this tag-team pegged. Marion and Nowitzki fed off each other all night at Verizon Center and teamed for 40 points in 54 combined minutes, making 16-of-24 shots.

It doesn't get much more efficient than that, as long as you don't look at their defense. They gave up 38 points in the 51 minutes Washington forwards Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison had.

But why split hairs after one game? Besides, Marion and Nowitzki combined for five steals.

Nowitzki came away with a big smile regarding his new running mate at small forward.

"He's pretty amazing, I got to admit," Nowitzki said. "Playing against him all these years, you don't really know all the little things he does. I really like playing with him. He doesn't demand the ball, he just gets his points on the go."

And he also sees the big picture. Marion's do-it-all game should make life simpler for Nowitzki.

"I really think, especially on the break, that's going to open up my shots on transition," he said. "And we can get some baskets where we don't have to work extra, extra hard."

On Friday, Marion's constant movement on offense meant the Wizards could not dedicate two defenders to Nowitzki. He's become a crafty enough passer to find Marion (and Josh Howard later, when he's healthy) when they slice through open lanes. And when Washington tried to guard Nowitzki with one guy near the top of the key, he consistently made face-up jumpers.

It won't always work that well. This was merely one preseason game. But it's already clear that this pairing has a chance to be very potent.

No timetable for Howard: Coach Rick Carlisle's estimate on when Josh Howard might return from left ankle and left wrist surgeries wasn't necessarily grim, but it was vague.

While the thinking is that Howard will be cleared to scrimmage in the next 10 days, Carlisle said nothing is set yet.

"Josh is going to be a while," Carlisle said. "He's making steady progress, but we're not sure when he's going to play. ...

"I'll probably announce it the day he's going to play, whenever that is – whether it's two weeks, a month or a month and a half."

A month and a half?

"It could be," he said. "The guy had two significant surgical procedures, so he'll be ready when he's ready and we'll go from there."

Briefly: In the strange-but-true world of the NBA, Washington's Mike Miller has hair like Nowitzki and named his son Maverick. Yes, Maverick Miller. "Maybe he's trying to tell us something," owner Mark Cuban said ... About 2,000 tickets are available for the Mavericks' season opener against the Wizards on Oct. 27 at American Airlines Center, more left than for the preseason games against Cleveland (LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal on Oct. 17) and Memphis (Allen Iverson) on Sunday.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.388ac05.html
Old 10-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #141
monty55555
Platinum Member

Default Nice Read on Kidd Mentoring Beaubois (from db.com)

Quote:
Mavs 123, Wiz 115: News, Views And Reviews
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

DONUT 2: As is seemingly always the case with Carlisle, there is a plan.

Roddy Beaubois started the second half, allowing him to play alongside the starters, and he elevated his game to the point he was pretty much the most effective player on the floor.

He habitually sliced through double-teams. He gets into the lane at will. He showed no fear on launching open 3’s. (He made two of four.) He demonstrated more of his ball-handling mastery. (His sloppy Summer League moments? What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.) He guarded the point and he even guarded Gilbert Arenas – and once, when Arenas looked away from his own dribble for just a moment, Roddy pickpocketed him for one of his three steals in the quarter and darted the length of the floor for the slam.

Beaubois finished with 14 points, 11 of those coming in that third quarter.

"He was aggressive, but under control," Carlisle said. "He did a very nice job while he was out there. He’s got some things to learn defensively, but he had an impact.’’

It’s so early … but there is no denying there are slivers of Parker and Paul and Rose in his promise.

Slivers, I said.

DONUT 3: Casual observers will take note of what seems to be Jason Kidd’s biggest contribution here: He shot 4-of-7 on 3’s and finished with 15 points and seven assists. But if you looked more closely, you saw Kidd fulfilling an equally important function: he is nurturing Beaubois at every turn, whispering to him, advising him, guiding him. … I lost count of the seemingly dozens of times Kidd gave Roddy a warm tap on the back of the head, J-Kidd’s sporting version of an Atta-Boy.

And strategically? This must’ve happened a half-dozen times: Kidd was technically at the point, so after a made Washington basket, the ball was inbounded to him. But Kidd instantly relayed the ball upcourt to Roddy, allowing the rookie to probe for the opportunity for an early-offense/break-off-a-made-basket chance.

The Mavs are spoon-feeding Beaubois his minutes. And Jason Kidd is carrying the spoon.

The anticipation is fun, but so is watching the process. It makes me sad that some Mavs fans are so jaded that they are getting caught up in Cuban’s alleged “overselling’’ of the team’s chances or in “when Dirk’s window will close’’ or in whether Fish is a homer … let me say this again:

The anticipation is fun, but so is watching the process.

If you can’t see that, why are you even reading this?
I didn't know if I could put the entire article here. It's quite a long one.

For entire article, go to http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2113

Last edited by monty55555; 10-10-2009 at 01:09 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #142
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Looks like this Mavs team will score more than 100 points every game.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #143
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

we still need to rebound better.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #144
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
I want a clip of that
It was sweet.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #145
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
What's your point? Are you saying the Mavs should have signed him?
No, actually I was trying to say that this team could have been even better with Gortat. Or do you disagree?