Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #41
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And you still dont win deep into the playoffs with an one-dimensional shooter that suck most of the game. Against Wolves, Clippers, Kings there are clutch shots he can make and "win the game".

In the WCF etc there wouldnt be clutch shots he COULD hit because the game is allready lost.

I would love if Terry can hit the big shots in the playoffs but im just so sick to stick with him no matter what...
he has done it against good teams too.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #42
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
If you think the post season depends entirely on playing Roddy over Terry in the 4th, then I hate to say it but we're not going to win much in the post season anyway. Sorry.
Fluid, you have to agree that what Roddy brings to the table is different from any other player on our roster, right? Why not throw the guy a few minutes when Jet is off, and bring Jet back in to close the game? What's wrong with that proposition?
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hornets, Nuggets and Spurs agree.

Too bad i dont wanna win in the RS or against every bad team, i want to win in the postseason. Right now one of the most important things is getting Roddy ready for the playoffs. Because its proven that "Clutch Terry" isnt enough in the playoffs (i could use other words too).Its not about a freaking win more....
sample size isn't big enough. not sure why you "hate" Terry but we have no one better at the 2 guard (and yes that includes Roddy)
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alykhan04 View Post
Fluid, you have to agree that what Roddy brings to the table is different from any other player on our roster, right? Why not throw the guy a few minutes when Jet is off, and bring Jet back in to close the game? What's wrong with that proposition?
If you want to go to a small lineup in the 4rth sure, but there is no reason to play Roddy over jet in the 4rth

Last edited by mavs777; 03-07-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #45
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you think the post season depends entirely on playing Roddy over Terry in the 4th, then I hate to say it but we're not going to win much in the post season anyway. Sorry.
And your "bitching about the bitching people" isnt lame?

I know we are not going to win the post season anyway because we dont have a reliable SG or a reliable backup SG.

At least the 2nd point we could TRY to improve before the playoffs begin so we can improve our small chance to win later. Its not about dumping him, its about developing as fast as possible a "security" for him...

Last edited by sefant77; 03-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
The playoffs is a different animal...
Not directed at you personally, but I honestly might kill myself if people don't stop saying this or some variant.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #47
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
yeah then i hope we never play the spurs or the lakers because they know how to lockdown terry. o wait yeah we'll have to play them if we advance rd 1.
Terry had 22/7 against the lakers on 60% shooting so far this season

I agree that Roddy will probably match up better against the Spurs but, again, if our fate is going to be determined by how many of Terry's minutes are given to Roddy, we weren't destined to win anything.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #48
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
And your "bitching about the bitching people" isnt lame?

I know we are not going to win the post season anyway because we dont have a reliable SG or a reliable backup SG.

At least the 2nd point we could TRY to improve before the playoffs begin so we can improve our small chance to win later. Its not about dumping him, its about developing as fast as possible a "security" for him...
no you don't, saying absolutes don't help you claim.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #49
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Offense wasn't the problem this game. I'm not exactly sure what you want... for Roddy to come in and change the team defensively? There's bigger issues than that.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #50
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

hopefully CB can pull a miracle comeback bc this peja inconsistency and the marion shot and pray floaters are killing me.

Last edited by clutch#41; 03-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #51
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be frank, you don't sound very smart right now. You should take a break from the computer, go cool off and then come back and post.

Terry's efficiency was not a problem tonight. Our defense was a problem tonight.
Yes, it was. He was 3-11 with 4 turnovers and a whooping -11. Claiming his efficiency was not a problem makes you not sound very smart.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #52
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yes, it was. He was 3-11 with 4 turnovers and a whooping -11. Claiming his efficiency was not a problem makes you not sound very smart.
You know what I meant, smart ass. People freaking out to bring Roddy into this game when tonight's problem was strictly defense is unjustified.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #53
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=fluid.forty.one;1164511]Offense wasn't the problem this game. I'm not exactly sure what you want... for Roddy to come in and change the team defensively? There's bigger issues than that.[/QUOTE

the past two games roddy has played against conley and ridnour. imo he's done pretty well on them and got some steals. if he cant guard them then idk how hes going to guard anybody else. its not like he had to guard the elite pg's in the league these past 2 games
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Offense wasn't the problem this game. I'm not exactly sure what you want... for Roddy to come in and change the team defensively? There's bigger issues than that.
I see, Terry was in the game for his defense

Terry sucked at both ends of the court, another reason to TRY (and thats the whole point, T R Y) Roddy for at least some minutes. If TRYING Roddy doesnt change anything, go back to Mr. regular season hero.

Last edited by sefant77; 03-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #55
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
LOL is this Jet trashing seriously becoming a pattern???

WOW some of you are lame... I am not saying Jet had a great game. But he did hit the big 3 and also it is a FACT that Jet is a great 4th Q player. We are talking about all NBA superstars in that category and then Jet...soo there is something there.

Jet and Dirk are the second best duo behind LBJ and Wade...and its not like JET is there just for the ride..he produces.

Anyway I am going on and on now.......Hop OFF Jets balls and enjoy the win and future wins however they come )
Last night it was Peja now it's Terry...it will be someone else the next game win or lose.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #56
fluid.forty.one

Whether or not you think Terry is not made for the playoffs is a different discussion, but Terry is a proven 4th quarter regular season animal. It's not illogical to keep him in there thinking he is going to get out of his funk. I don't see any issue with Rick trying that.

I'm sure if Dirk had a bad first 3 quarters you wouldn't want him benched for the 4th, right? And if he continued to suck, you would say "oh well.. he'll usually hit those 9 times out of 10". Terry also has that sort of resume for the 4th.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #57
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Absolutely, offense hasn't been a problem for over a month. But just because there are bigger issues, we can't discuss this one?

Time and time again we've seen around the league that you absolutely need penetration from one of your guards to be successful in the playoffs. We've seen that first hand with Baron Davis, Parker, Chris Paul, and others. Where do we have that? We WILL need Roddy to be successful in the playoffs this year. Again, all I'm saying is Rick could've easily found 3-5 minutes for Roddy in between Jet's 17 minute marathon run.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #58
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a huge Terry supporter and believe he should be out there to close games. That being said, there was no reason not to go back to Roddy tonight for a few minutes early in the 4th.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #59
fluid.forty.one

By the way, we're talking about Terry's usage in the 4th.

He had 7 points on 2 FG attemps, 2 assists, 1 rebound and 1 TO.

Huge problem.

Terry has been a proven 4th quarter force, at least in the regular season. Rick knew the trend... took a gamble on it continuing... and it paid off. I don't see a problem with that.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 03-07-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Not directed at you personally, but I honestly might kill myself if people don't stop saying this or some variant.
What point are you trying to make? A playoff series is clearly a different thing than a series of four to seven regular-season games against different opponents. What is that you don't think differs?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #61
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Good to get the win after falling short last night. Between Tyson being out, Dirk being stuck on the bench with foul trouble, and Dallas being on the second night of a back-to-back, you can maybe even say it's a better win than you're typical 3-point victory on the road over the Wolves. I'd still prefer a more convincing win, but at least they got the W.

Lot of guys seemed to have a tough time getting anything going offensively: JET, Marion, Peja and Ian, most conspicuously. Several of them had just enough in the tank to make important contributions before all was said and done, though.

Since Booby's minutes seem to be the topic of the day (week, month, season), I'll just say that I thought he had one of his better second-halves since his return tonight, and the relatively extended burn he got in the 3rd quarter reflected that. If the Mavs either hadn't gone on that run to retake the lead at the start the fourth, or had managed to push their advantage to double digits, I think he would have gotten back in.

One rotation comment/criticism that I will levy is that I'm really ready to see Marion inserted into the starting lineup. I know things have been clicking for the bench lately (albeit not tonight), but the imbalance in the forward rotation with both shooters starting and both non-shooters coming off the bench was on display with Dirk's foul trouble; and the fix - starting Marion/Dirk and having the option of bringing in a shooter or defender off the bench according to matchups - seems so obvious that I'll really be surprised if the change isn't made eventually. Maybe Rick is just waiting to make sure Booby's the right guy to start at SG before he makes other changes.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #62
Alykhan04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
If you want to go to a small lineup in the 4rth sure, but there is no reason to play Roddy in the 4rth
What do you mean? If it's Kidd(or JJB)/Roddy/Marion/Dirk/Chandler for a few minutes, how is that smaller than with Jet?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #63
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I'm sure if Dirk had a bad first 3 quarters you wouldn't want him benched for the 4th, right? And if he continued to suck, you would say "oh well.. he'll usually hit those 9 times out of 10". Terry also has that sort of resume for the 4th.
Terry doesnt have Dirks status and shouldnt have. So no, i would want him to be benched to try the other guy at least.

Quote:
Terry has been a proven 4th quarter force, at least in the regular season. Rick knew the trend... took a gamble on it continuing... and it paid off. I don't see a problem with that.
you will see the problem in april/may (again) when Terry hitting a few shots in the 4th isnt enough anymore to win games and we have Roddy on the bench with a lack of RS playing time, confidence and trust. Hey but we tons of regular season games again! Yeah.

Quote:
Whether or not you think Terry is not made for the playoffs is a different discussion, but Terry is a proven 4th quarter regular season animal. It's not illogical to keep him in there thinking he is going to get out of his funk. I don't see any issue with Rick trying that.
And im not bitching about Terry, im bitching about Roddy stuck in the bench in the big (post season) picture. It has a reason why Terrys nickname across the boards of other teams is "regular season hero". Because it doesnt work in the playoffs anymore and the Mavs never had other options than sticking with him. And looks like we are doing the same again.

Last edited by sefant77; 03-07-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #64
fluid.forty.one

Obviously playing Terry in the 4th was a calculated risk based on Terry's past performance, and it worked. He played really well in the 4th.

You realize that we're trying to stay ahead of the Lakers, right? They're like 1 1/2 games behind us. If we had a seed locked up than sure, experiment.. but Rick did something he believed would help win the game, and it did.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #65
clutch#41
Golden Member

terry and dirk are the 2nd best 4thqtr duo in the league. its no secret the rest of the league knows this. so dont u think we should switch it up here and there so our identity is not the same every single time? im not saying bench terry for the 4th. but atleast allow roddy to play the 1st 3 or 4 mins to see what happens then bring in terry.

Last edited by clutch#41; 03-07-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #66
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
You realize that we're trying to stay ahead of the Lakers, right? They're like 1 1/2 games behind us. If we had a seed locked up than sure, experiment.. but Rick did something he believed would help win the game, and it did.
I thought you know that seeding and HCA often means sh*t in the big playoff picture.

Of any team in the league we should know that there are more important things than seeding.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #67
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree that Terry should be in there down the stretch. We rely on he and Dirk for 4th quarter scoring. But, like Popeye mentioned, I don't think he needed to play 17 straight minutes and I don't think Roddy should have been on the bench for the last 21 or so minutes.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #68
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Okay, I'm convinced that RC doesn't like Roddy; not sure why, but I suspect it's b/c Roddy is a 'finesse' type player----like Dirty. =soft by some ppls definition, not mine. We all know RC loves scrub type players (that's why he loves JJB & JET no matter their performance on the floor). I'm done complaining about RC and why he doesn't play Roddy in the 4Q. It's hard to develop any player if he doesn't play sufficient amount of mins during a 48 min game and he's one of your starters... Go figure. I don't agree with how RC is handling Roddy and I wish the FO had traded him. Also another thing; I don't appreciate RC trying to change Roddy's beloved fan name to Rodrigue as a sign of maturity; what the hell is that really all about? A control freak---sounds familiar---can you say Avery Johnson.

Last edited by She_Growls; 03-07-2011 at 11:44 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #69
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I agree that Terry should be in there down the stretch. We rely on he and Dirk for 4th quarter scoring. But, like Popeye mentioned, I don't think he needed to play 17 straight minutes and I don't think Roddy should have been on the bench for the last 21 or so minutes.
I'm on board with this. It does pretty much seem like Carlisle is establishing that Roddy is not gonna be a late second-half player, though. And I don't just mean true crunch time, but even late 3rd early 4th.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #70
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
Okay, I'm convinced that RC doesn't like Roddy; not sure why, but I suspect it's b/c Roddy is a 'finesse' type player----like Dirty. =soft by some ppls definition, not mine. We all know RC loves scrub type players (that's why he loves JJB & JET not matter their performance on the floor). I'm done complaining about RC and why he doesn't play Roddy in the 4Q. It's hard to develop any player if he doesn't play sufficient amount of mins during a 48 min game and he's one of your starters... Go figure. I don't agree with how RC his handling Roddy and I wish the FO had traded him. Also another thing; I don't appreciate RC trying to change Roddy's beloved fan name to Rodrigue as a sign of maturity; what the hell is that really all about? A control freak---sounds familiar---can you say Avery Johnson.
You think Rick Carlisle doesn't like Booby because he's like Dirk? Yeah, that totally fits with reason and all the available evidence.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #71
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Okay, I'm convinced that RC doesn't like Roddy; not sure why, but I suspect it's b/c Roddy is a 'finesse' type player----like Dirty. =soft by some ppls definition, not mine. We all know RC loves scrub type players (that's why he loves JJB & JET no matter their performance on the floor). I'm done complaining about RC and why he doesn't play Roddy in the 4Q. It's hard to develop any player if he doesn't play sufficient amount of mins during a 48 min game and he's one of your starters... Go figure. I don't agree with how RC is handling Roddy and I wish the FO had traded him. Also another thing; I don't appreciate RC trying to change Roddy's beloved fan name to Rodrigue as a sign of maturity; what the hell is that really all about? A control freak---sounds familiar---can you say Avery Johnson.
hahah check out my roddy development thread post. free roddy b!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #72
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
One rotation comment/criticism that I will levy is that I'm really ready to see Marion inserted into the starting lineup.
I agree completely. He's clearly the best SF the Mavs have, and the only one who is anywhere close to a two-way player.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #73
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
You think Rick Carlisle doesn't like Booby because he's like Dirk? Yeah, that totally fits with reason and all the available evidence.
Dirk is the franchise player; what can RC do? Remember Avery wanted to get rid of Dirk? Know why? Sigh...

Last edited by She_Growls; 03-07-2011 at 11:54 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #74
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What point are you trying to make? A playoff series is clearly a different thing than a series of four to seven regular-season games against different opponents. What is that you don't think differs?
They aren't so different that we need to start abandoning what works and going away from our proven commodities because of an irrational fear that everything we do will stop working in the playoffs.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #75
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The consistent Carlisle Hates Roddy discussion leaves me laughing, concerned and dumbfounded. Everyone needs to calm down with that theory.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought you know that seeding and HCA often means sh*t in the big playoff picture.

Of any team in the league we should know that there are more important things than seeding.
Sometimes HCA helps, sometimes it doesn't - Dallas doesn't always take advantage of being at home, but other teams do.

I'd much rather play 4 games in San Antonio (who doesn't have much advantage against the Mavs due to geographical location) than in Los Angeles, against a team like the Lakers who thrive on their home court against any opponent.

Considering it's a 3-team race in the West between the Spurs, Mavs and Lakers, I'd say seeding matters.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #77
Alykhan04

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
They aren't so different that we need to start abandoning what works and going away from our proven commodities because of an irrational fear that everything we do will stop working in the playoffs.
If everything from the regular season translates seamlessly to the playoffs, Dirk would have 3 rings right now. Nobody wants to abandon what we're doing, or what we've been doing. Just tweak it a little bit.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #78
Alykhan04

Quote:
Dirk is the franchise player; what can RC do? Remember Avery wanted to get rid of Dirk? Know why? Sigh...
I think this has more to do with Rick simply being set in his ways in regards to veterans over young players than him having something against Roddy because he's "finesse"
Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #79
LonghornDub

Quote:
Nobody wants to abandon what we're doing, or what we've been doing. Just tweak it a little bit.
Nobody except the various people who have stood atop the mountaintop and proclaimed JET's imminent playoff failure, that is.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Go BC! That's all I've really got for tonight's game.

Tags
usually merkin, usuallymenstruating