Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Where will his time come from? Haywood/Chandler/???

I guess he could play some power forward..is that what you are thinking? I hope the mavs pick up someone a little more offensive minded for that role..but...maybe not.
Well, I hope they plan to try him some at PF. Idk how effective he will be at either position but we don't have a backup PF with size right now. At least he's quick and agile maybe he can provide a few mins now and then.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well, I hope they plan to try him some at PF. Idk how effective he will be at either position but we don't have a backup PF with size right now. At least he's quick and agile maybe he can provide a few mins now and then.
I'm sure they'll try him some there...but watching him in summer league it is unclear how well he would do. If they had enough scorers around him maybe.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #43
Manu4five
Banned

Manu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these parts

Yes good move for the Mavs. Most Spurs fans wanted to see more of him last season and would have liked to keep him. Physically he is nba ready and he has some skills but he showed a rather low bball IQ and had problems learning the defensive rotations. In his limited minutes he definately filled up the stat sheet but not only with the good stuff. It was the same thing in summer league and developmental league.

About Dragic, it's true the Spurs drafted him but he was immediately shipped to the Suns on draft day so it was probably pre-arranged. (bad move by the Spurs).
Manu4five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #44
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mahinmi is hosting a spanish block party right now. He looks good on the defensive end and on the boards.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely think he is worthy of being on the roster. He's a project, but you've already seen glimpses of what he can bring to the table. If he's able to be "ready" and know if he gets minutes, they'll be scarce, he'll need to be productive in those minutes.

He can definitely fool defenders. If he gets in the mid-post or on the baseline, he can put the ball on the floor and get to the tin and he'll either finish or get fouled. There is definite upside there.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #46
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

From what little I saw of him in summer league, he looked like he tried to score facing the basket. So maybe a few minutes at power forward isn't outside the realm of possibility.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #47
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8q1fo0E5Kc

Nice little video of Ians action against Spain.
(Seems to be from the same guy who used to upload all the Roddy vids)
Old 08-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #48
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8q1fo0E5Kc

Nice little video of Ians action against Spain.
(Seems to be from the same guy who used to upload all the Roddy vids)
nice dunk!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #49
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
From what little I saw of him in summer league, he looked like he tried to score facing the basket. So maybe a few minutes at power forward isn't outside the realm of possibility.
His jumper's stroke looked good, but of the two or three he shot none went in. Hopefully it can be a weapon for him, and if it is, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some serious minutes from time to time when he matches up well or is playing great. Otherwise, he's just going to be that 3rd energy center who gets 10 minutes here and there.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #50
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
nice dunk!!!
Was it really?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #51
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

yes

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #52
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msbZp...layer_embedded

at 00:50 here is the dunk

he had 14 pts and 9 rbds in 20 something minutes.
he's averaging 7,7 ppg (shooting 70%, 83% FT) 4,7 rbds in 17 minutes per game

Last edited by Sitting Bull; 09-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Sitting Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #53
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

That announcer is el terrible

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #54
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull is on a distinguished road

hahaha yes he is terrible!
Sitting Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #55
Dave McNulla

Dave McNulla has a spectacular aura aboutDave McNulla has a spectacular aura aboutDave McNulla has a spectacular aura about

i thought he had a lot of potential. two downsides i saw were
1. foul machine... no, super foul machine. maybe that gets better with time.
2. injured for a whole season because of a ... sprained ankle. yes, you heard it. one entire season for a sprained effing ankle.

but i can't deny he looked good when he was playing. just didn't get much time because of those things.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #56
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Think he required surgery on that ankle-it wasn't a simple little sprain. But he seemed to have other injuries and he spent time in the d league.
But yeah, he does commit a ton of fouls. Didn't get much time probably because he irritated Pop to no end with mistakes, but didn't get to really work through those mistakes because he didn't get much playing time. Think he might be kind of dumb, actually.
I'm sure he'll be fine as third center. He's cheap enough. I doubt the Mavs plan to play him huge minutes. If they do, there could be problems.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #57
obj

obj is on a distinguished road

It wasn't just a sprained ankle. It was bone chips that were sheared off his ankle when he was injured in Grgurich's summer camp. The chips would cause re-occurring inflammation and swelling continuously, and the Spurs doctors missed them in 6 different MRIs. They were only discovered in the surgery. Basically the Spurs held their own doctor's mistakes against Mahinmi.
obj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
41mvp is fanny guy, take off every zig!