Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
2centsworth

2centsworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs are a good team and can be dangerous when they're at their best. However, I think all the anti-americanism on the team has hurt your team. Nash and Van Excel have caused irreparable damage. Then Van Excel talking smack against the Lakers. What was that?

Mavs are losing focus and allowing too many distractions. Focus on Nash controlling tempo and getting open looks for Dirk and Finley when he makes it back. Bench Nick the quick or release him. make Avery the permanent back-up (clutch performer). Eduardo, bradley and lafrentz should focus on D and rebounding.

Tell Nelly to stop with all the herky-jerky stuff and play people mano y mano. You have all the talent to get it done.

Good Luck guys!!
2centsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2003, 05:05 PM   #2

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

k we'll tell him
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< Mavs are a good team and can be dangerous when they're at their best. However, I think all the anti-americanism on the team has hurt your team. Nash and Van Excel have caused irreparable damage. Then Van Excel talking smack against the Lakers. What was that? >>

LMFAO! You're charging way too much for your advice.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:17 PM   #4
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Can we please throw this in the Stupid Threads Threads?
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #5
2centsworth

Just trying to help you guys out, but didn't truly think you would understand. Better luck next year.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:10 PM   #6
indifferent alien

indifferent alien is on a distinguished road

Oh my God, you are even dumber than Murphy 3! Holy crap! hahaha

Yeah, put Avery over Nick (learn to spell his last name before you critisize him) citing Avery's clutch. Yeah Steve is a trouble maker. Yeah it was bad Nick was talking shit to the Fakers. We need more guys to shut up and show no balls. Nick's personality is what this team needs. A clutch &quot;fuk ya'll, i'm coming down your throat bitch&quot; attitude. Yeah let's just reLEASE him, not even a trade, hahaha. Yeah too many foreigners to be successful. LMFAO!! Let's make some trades so we can be more like proud Americans during this wartime! A multi-national team of players that all get along well, and show great chemistry as a unit is anti American. Too many nations represented showing WAY too much peace! Yeah Eduardo needs to focus on rebounding, hahaha... Too bad he lacks in that area. hahaha Are you Murphy 3's butt-buddy? hahahaha

indifferent alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:20 PM   #7
2centsworth

<< A clutch &quot;fuk ya'll, i'm coming down your throat bitch&quot; attitude. >>

Nick the Quick. Are we talking about the same guy. I remember nick as someone who was 0 for 20 in the final four and never made a shot that meant anything anywhere. Avery on the other hand has hit many clutch shots. Remember, he's the only one on your team who has a ring.

The anti-american remarks, which your owner intervened and told your players to shut the f*%k up, has interputed their concentration. You guys just don't see it which tells me your stand little chance of making it past the first round. Again, stop all the nonsense and play man to man and you guys have a hell of a chance of winning it all. The gimmicks and side shows is what gets you.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:54 PM   #8
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<< A clutch &quot;fuk ya'll, i'm coming down your throat bitch&quot; attitude. >>

Nick the Quick. Are we talking about the same guy. I remember nick as someone who was 0 for 20 in the final four and never made a shot that meant anything anywhere. Avery on the other hand has hit many clutch shots. Remember, he's the only one on your team who has a ring.
>>

then you dont know nick...
Old 04-04-2003, 10:56 PM   #9
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

OHH NOO the mavs lost, lets break up the team.. Or No, they cant talk bad against the lakers, the mavs should just shut up and let people step all over them...

we get mad at nellie for not standing up against the other teams or the media talking about how the mavs are not good enough, Nick is letting everyon know that the mavs are forreal. Everyone will know why in the postseason..
Old 04-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #10
Lvubun1

<<

The anti-american remarks, which your owner intervened and told your players to shut the f*%k up, has interputed their concentration. You guys just don't see it which tells me your stand little chance of making it past the first round. Again, stop all the nonsense and play man to man and you guys have a hell of a chance of winning it all. The gimmicks and side shows is what gets you.
>>

My god really?!?!? I didn't know that!!!!! He went 0-20 13 years ago in the final four, what the hell was i thinking, i'm emailing Cuban with that info i'm sure he will cut him. Hey i got a idea why don't you go around and find every player in the NBA who had a bad game in college and start a campaign to get them cut from their NBA team. Hey Nash once went 1-12 in Junior High, lets cut him too, a heard that when Dirk was 8 he got beat by one of his neighbors! Lets cut em all.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:37 PM   #11
2centsworth

Nick is a guy who does national interviews with a lolipop in his mouth. Try trading him and see what you get in return. Nothing, except maybe a 2nd round pick.

Again, don't break up your team. Just get Nellie to stop the gimmicky strategies and let your guys play heads up against people. You'll have better success against the leagues elite teams if you do so. Your coach is know for over coaching. He has a huge ego.

Nevertheless, I'm convinced more than ever that your team is going to have trouble against top competition.

BTW, the Mavs are far from guttless. They're just confused and lack confidence in their strategy.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:43 AM   #12
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

holy cow.

whenever mavs loses, which is not very often, some prophet will come out.
if you really can predict so well, why not become another Ms. Cleo?
Old 04-05-2003, 12:56 AM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

While a deal for Brian Grant and Best for Nick almost went down are you sure all we can get is a 2nd round pick? I believe this guy is a poster on this board who just created another account because he is ashamed of what he just posted.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:01 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick, clutch?
sometimes..
but, you take enough shots down the stretch, you're bound to hit a clutch shot from time to time.
he's a 40% shooter for a reason..
also, he's a sub 40% shooter down the stretch run of close games for a reason as well
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 02:10 AM   #15
Lvubun1

<< Nick, clutch?
sometimes..
but, you take enough shots down the stretch, you're bound to hit a clutch shot from time to time.
also, he's a sub 40% shooter down the stretch run of close games for a reason as well
>>

You know what i just realized something. Ok, stop me when i'm wrong, ok you like Dirk but you don't like Van Exel.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:44 AM   #16
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< Nick, clutch?
sometimes..
>>

murph, you seem like a knowledgeable person. I just think when it comes to nick you have something personal against him. he IS clutch, he has BEEN clutch, and there is no way you can deny it... Even Pop the coach of the spurs said,

&quot;Nick Van Exel may be the best big time shot maker, he doesn’t get the credit he deserves. He is a big time shot maker. I’m sure people in Dallas know that, but nationally not enough people do. He is just incredible. We played very good defense on him and it didn’t matter. He was just really fantastic.”

and there are a lot of people out there who know he is one of the best clutch and big game shooters... The reason you may not realize this is either because you hate him or you listen to some of the media too much callin him a cancer and this and that. Yes, he is a 40% career shooter, but stats aren't everything in this game.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:07 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nick is a poor shooter down the stretch of close games.

that sums it up in one sentence
Old 04-05-2003, 03:34 AM   #18
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< nick is a poor shooter down the stretch of close games.

that sums it up in one sentence
>>

Ok..I LOVE DIRK alright... but if nick is a poor shooter down the stretch of close games where does that leave dirk&quot;?

and there have been games where nick has done great down the stretch of close games and the spurs was one of them and tough one at that..
Old 04-05-2003, 04:35 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

out of NVE, nash, fin, and dirk...dirk is BY FAR the best shooter down the stretch of close games.

it's not even remotely close
Old 04-05-2003, 04:50 AM   #20
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

you sure man?... because from what i have seen this year..i remember nash, van exel, dirk, and fin doing some damage in crunch but dirk hasnt done damage to a point where you say he is BY FAR the better player in crunch.. I dont know about that...
Old 04-05-2003, 04:52 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

the last update i saw, dirk was shooting around 50% whereas nve, nash and fin were all in the mid 30's
Old 04-05-2003, 05:07 AM   #22
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

ohh if thats the case then thats my bad murph, i guess i may be only counting the supposed &quot;Big Games&quot;... the top teams in the west..
Old 04-05-2003, 07:54 AM   #23
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see what is hurting the Mavs. Rebounding, post MAN TO MAN defense, and toughness on the inside. Anybody got any weaker points they would like to add, aside from moaning and graoning about our all star caliber players across the board? 2 cents, your 33 cents short a a phone call who cares about your opinion . . . &quot;anti-americanism&quot; please.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:04 AM   #24
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

&quot;nick is a poor shooter down the stretch in close games &quot; so was Michael Jordan, he misseed more than he made, he will be the first to tell you. The thing is, if this team can't get good looks down the stretch in close games with Dirk, Findawg, Nash, or Van Excel. . . then the team doesn't deserve a W. Of coarse some interior man to man defense, rebounding and overall thug tough attitide would put those types of situations few and far between when you take into account our offensive guns. Murph and others who rag on NVE never cease to amaze me, you people find the strongest position on the team, NASH, NVE, and AVERY J. and freakin nitpick and nitpick, until in your own sick little minds its all of a sudden this teams &quot;biggest problem&quot;. Give me a break. What about the center position? What about the 4 slot besides Dirk? better yet what about our weakest position (besides the center obviously) the 3 slot? But NO NO to you our 2nd string point gaurd (who IS the second best, if not the best BACK UP POINT GAURD IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE) is are biggest problem. Get a clue, and some grattitude.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #25
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What's hurting the Mavs:

Failure to improve roster in off-season--trying to run on retreads and fumes.

Where's Walt Williams lately? Popeye? Getting nothing from Bell anymore. Rigodeau? Lololol.....

Fin's hurt, later in the season this time, and they don't have anything to put in his place.

Talk of improved defense and rebounding at this point is but the faintest echo of a whisper.

Going, going.......
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #26
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Finley the leadership and the game that everyone seems to forget about? The fact that griff, najera, Tariq and even nick can't give you consistent nights. The fact that bradely and lafrentz are guys that will never reach their NBA potential and are just bad.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #27
2centsworth

what hurts you guys even more than Nick and his loser attitude is Don Nelson an his ego. Don with all his gimmicks wants to be too big a part of the game. He should play his people man up and let them play. Don thinks he's going to coach his way to a victory instead of letting his players play.

You guys have enough of an inside presence to get it done. Lefrentz will bang a little, Bradley is a defensive distraction and Najera and dirk should get enough boards to carry you throug.

Nobody questions your offense except the quick shots and tendency to shoot too many jumpers.

get back to the basics and you'll have more success. Don Nelson must go! Nick is a loser again what championship player does interviews with a lolipop in their mouth. Only Nick. Did you forget LA shipped him to Denver for a reason, and that Nick pushed a Ref.

Addition by subtraction is what I say. Cut Nick and play Avery. Avery made just about every big shot he has ever taken.

Good Luck!
Old 04-05-2003, 01:04 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Jordan, a poor shooter down the stretch?
no.

Jordan would say that he missed too many because he's ultra competitive and expected to make every shot.

but there's absolutely no reason to mention jordan and NVE in the same sentence when comparing the two players' ability to score in the clutch. It's an embarrassment to basketball to do so
Old 04-05-2003, 04:09 PM   #29
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

2 cents that is probably the value of your opinion. Get rid of 10 million dollars worth of salary please. Van Exel can be awesome and be dominant and then he can be just okay. Avery is just on his walker in his last stand in the NBA. He hit his corner pocket jumper for the spurs in the strike shortened season of 98-99. What are you the king of the obvious. No one in the world picked the mavs preseason know or ever. We know the chances are bad but we could just as easily when in LA, and when the last game in San Antonio. My friend the playoffs haven't started yet there is a lot of basketball to be played yet. And the so called impossible still could happen.

They do focus on defense but when your second best scorer goes down you have to find other options. How many shots at the end of the game has nick taken. One or two shots this season the bottom line on nick when he is going give him the ball when he isn't don't.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #30
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< How many shots at the end of the game has nick taken. One or two shots this season the bottom line on nick when he is going give him the ball when he isn't don't. >>

and what happened when he took the last second shots? it was more than two i think...? i dont know..
Old 04-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #31
Lutz

Lutz is on a distinguished road

<< k we'll tell him >>

Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #32
Lvubun1

What the fuck is in your sig?
Old 04-05-2003, 07:05 PM   #33
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

wat the hell is in ur sig man?!!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:23 PM   #34
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for editing it, that was pretty horrible.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote