Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default Property Tax cuts

I just got my property tax bill and it is $108 less than it was last year.

Thank you, Rick Perry, our current and future Governor of Texas!

Yeeehaaaa!!!!
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Put that money to good use
Old 10-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

on the tough gramma's tv commercial, isn't Perry sitting there promising an average of $2000 reduction in property taxes?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

touche UL.

I guess Perry believes jacktruth will be in his home for the next 18 years....

I do have to say that at least there was SOME tax reform passed. it may not be perry to thank tho. seems that dewhurst and craddick were the main drivers.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Perry's "tax reform" should not be celebrated by any conservative. He created an entirely new tax (which is essentially an income tax), and the property tax will be back to old levels within just a few years. When that happens, our tax burden will be much greater than it was before.

Thanks a lot, Rick.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

There actually was sarcasm in there. My total bill was about $2000, so I'm sure there are some people that will see a $2000 change.

But, Perry will be reelected.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

at this point in the race, it seems that you are correct in your prediction jack. the crowded field of two independents against perry appears to be splitting the anti-perry vote, and unfortunately here in texas there is no runoff if a candidate wins with less than 50% of the vote.

makes one seriously ask who they should cast their vote for if they do not want perry.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Perry's "tax reform" should not be celebrated by any conservative. He created an entirely new tax (which is essentially an income tax), and the property tax will be back to old levels within just a few years. When that happens, our tax burden will be much greater than it was before.

Thanks a lot, Rick.
Damn straight. My total tax burden went up quite a bit. F' Perry.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
at this point in the race, it seems that you are correct in your prediction jack. the crowded field of two independents against perry appears to be splitting the anti-perry vote, and unfortunately here in texas there is no runoff if a candidate wins with less than 50% of the vote.

makes one seriously ask who they should cast their vote for if they do not want perry.
Gimme the grandma.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

It seems that grandma has the best chance to beat perry, she has great name recognition and a positive public image.

I can't say that the debate of two weeks ago made me more positive about her, she seemed to be very programmed in her responses. the failure to name the president-elect of mexico didn't bother me (although still a bit of a gaff) but her nonchalant attitude about accepting contributions from people who had/have cases before her office was disappointing.

can bell get some momentum? I doubt it.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Grandma sucked in the debate. Flat out sucked.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:

The word "democrat" has almost fell out of existence in Texas. Everybody is afraid to use it to describe themselves. Instead, we have moderate democrats running in primaries as republicans or in the general election as independents. The party on the left appears to have left the left.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
It seems that grandma has the best chance to beat perry, she has great name recognition and a positive public image.

I can't say that the debate of two weeks ago made me more positive about her, she seemed to be very programmed in her responses. the failure to name the president-elect of mexico didn't bother me (although still a bit of a gaff) but her nonchalant attitude about accepting contributions from people who had/have cases before her office was disappointing.

can bell get some momentum? I doubt it.
Weird. We have agreed twice in two days.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #14
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

LOVE IS IN THE AIR (John Paul Young)

Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I look in your eyes

Love is in the air
In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea

And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel sane
And it's there when you call out my name

(Chorus)
Love is in the air
Love is in the air
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh

Love is in the air
In the rising of the sun
Love is in the air
When the day is nearly done

And I don't know if you're an illusion
Don't know if I see it true
But you're something that I must believe in
And you're there when I reach out for you

Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound
And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise

And it's there when I look in your eyes
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
The word "democrat" has almost fell out of existence in Texas. Everybody is afraid to use it to describe themselves. Instead, we have moderate democrats running in primaries as republicans or in the general election as independents. The party on the left appears to have left the left.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote