Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light
Default Who are the Mavs going to draft?

Just curious about the rumors out there and who the Mavs are looking at. Would be awesome to see some young talent on the team.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Some discussion going on in the forum below, but I'd speculate that (if the Mavs pick at 17) they would take one from the group of Arnett Moultie, Moe Harkless, Kendall Marshall, Terrence Jones, and Jared Sullinger.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Marshall if he is there. Then Harkless. NO SULLINGER!
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love me some David West/Carlos Boozer-type player on the team.

Problem with Sullinger other than the health concerns is that he wont be able to play center at the NBA level, doesnt have the quickness for the SF, and plays the same position as our best guy for the next 3-5 years.

Anyway: Erica's brave prediction: by July 1st we won't have either draft pick in our posession. We'll spend more time evaluating other teams than we will players in the draft and draft for someone else or draft someone another team is hot on and trade them away for a vet or more picks. I'm way more interested in the wily moves we pull off than in the actual draft class available

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-23-2012 at 06:36 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Sullinger would be a solid pick. He's considered one of the most NBA ready of the first round picks.

Moultrie, Marshall, Ross, either Jones...none of those are poor picks. I'd probably go with Moultrie because of the upside. He can score from anywhere on the court at 6'11.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Sullinger's a 5, there is no way around it, he is going to be a defensive liability there but thats his best position on the defensive end by far.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Some discussion going on in the forum below, but I'd speculate that (if the Mavs pick at 17) they would take one from the group of Arnett Moultie, Moe Harkless, Kendall Marshall, Terrence Jones, and Jared Sullinger.
I wouldn't rule out Royce White. Mavs have lots of good options at 17.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I really hope the mavs keep this pick. I know it might be 2 years from now whenever this finally pans and they can use the veteran help but sometimes its just best to with your young players.

Any chance they move up and get in the top 10? That Illinois center looks nice. Reminds me of Chandler.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I would hate it if we didn't keep this pick. Lots of supposedly solid rotation talent in this first round this year, this looks to be one of the best draft ever in terms of depth. No surefire HOF talent other than maybe Davis, but again, lots of good prospects. We gotta keep this pick.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

I'm rewatching the Championship DVD and that JJ Barea was a pest against teams on offense. There's no greater example of it than game 1 fourth quarter the OKC series. If we could pluck someone with that quickness overseas, we'd be in business.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

According to Chad Ford mavs have actively explored moving up in the draft last couple of days, he has us taking Terrence Jones at 17 and Tornike Shengelia at 55 (who I honestly have no clue about). Jones is one I would be ecstatic about, he has a ton of potential and is really skilled, just has some effort issues (same for moultrie).
Old 06-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be a fan of the Jones pick up. There are too many red flags coming up when I look at him. If he came, I'd constantly be hoping to be proved wrong.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
I'm rewatching the Championship DVD and that JJ Barea was a pest against teams on offense. There's no greater example of it than game 1 fourth quarter the OKC series. If we could pluck someone with that quickness overseas, we'd be in business.
Deron Williams.

I like the idea of Sullinger (only if our Doctors OK it.)

I also like Marshall's court vision and passing a lot. I just worry how he will hold up in the NBA.

Last edited by OneLove22; 06-25-2012 at 01:55 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

What about round 2?

nbadraft.net has us picking this Rudy Gobert guy from France...

7-1 Center.

http://nbadraft.net/players/rudy-gobert
Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I would not be a fan of the Jones pick up. There are too many red flags coming up when I look at him. If he came, I'd constantly be hoping to be proved wrong.
What are your flags on him?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
Yeah, i'd like to know that as well. Maybe some off court issue? He has prototypical size, very good shooter, athletic, can play defense, really the only reason he isn't a 5 star prospect is his handles. Which wouldn't be an issue playing next to Deron and Kidd (if we get Deron of course).
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #17
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

It wouldn't happen but i would love to see the Mavs trade up to get Brad Beal from Florida.

Beal and Williams as our guards would be an awesome combo.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
he has us taking ... Tornike Shengelia at 55
YES! CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Terrance is known to easily float in and out of games. His motor is incredibly suspect. While in college, his coach mainly had to publicly rip him in order to get him back in the flow of things.

He's also a man without a true position. It feels like he doesn't have a consistent enough jumper, yet he's still a little raw in terms of working in the post.

The obvious thing that is worth liking him is the frame and the athleticism, but those flaws reek of immaturity and lack of a true role make him too suspect for him.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

I for one would be very happy with Terrence Jones. As a Kentucky fan, I have watched every game he's played over the past 2 years, he is a winner and has a ton of upside
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
OneLove22

Quote:
Terrance is known to easily float in and out of games. His motor is incredibly suspect. While in college, his coach mainly had to publicly rip him in order to get him back in the flow of things.

He's also a man without a true position. It feels like he doesn't have a consistent enough jumper, yet he's still a little raw in terms of working in the post.

The obvious thing that is worth liking him is the frame and the athleticism, but those flaws reek of immaturity and lack of a true role make him too suspect for him.
OK, I do hate it when players lack the motor or effort. I just can't stand that. However, he is only 20 years old. He is going to me immature to an extent, it can easily happen when you already have the success he is having at a young age. I'd like to say I trust our veteran leadership and Carlisle's coaching ability to help turn that around, as well as find him a role on this team. We really do need some more athleticism in this lineup.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
OK, I do hate it when players lack the motor or effort. I just can't stand that. However, he is only 20 years old. He is going to me immature to an extent, it can easily happen when you already have the success he is having at a young age. I'd like to say I trust our veteran leadership and Carlisle's coaching ability to help turn that around, as well as find him a role on this team. We really do need some more athleticism in this lineup.
Austin Rivers is 20 years old and he doesn't seem to be immature...

I did some digging tonight and it appears they've had about 4-6 smaller guards, 4-6 bigger swingmen and 4-6 bigs come into town over the last week. I don't have all of the specifics on names. There is an interest to see if PJ3 or Rivers can fall. Otherwise it's probably down to about 3-4 names: The Terrances, Marshall and Sullinger.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

I did some digging tonight and it appears they've had about 4-6 smaller guards, 4-6 bigger swingmen and 4-6 bigs come into town over the last week. I don't have all of the specifics on names. There is an interest to see if PJ3 or Rivers can fall. Otherwise it's probably down to about 3-4 names: The Terrances, Marshall and Sullinger.
Thanks for the insight!!
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

Via Andy Katz, NBA invitees to the green room: Barnes, Beal, Davis, Drummond, Henson, Kidd-Gilchrist, JLamb, Leonard, Lillard, Rivers, Ross, Robinson, Waiters, Zeller.

That means it is looking less likely that Ross will be available for Dallas unless they move up. It does mean the chances for PJ3, Terrance Jones, Kendall Marshall and Sullinger are still decent.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
OneLove22

Quote:

Austin Rivers is kind of a different case though; he is the son of Doc Rivers. He has somebody to give him advice on fame and what he is going through. He has dealt with being the son of an NBA player and coach his entire life. I'm not saying he should be immature, I'm just saying it is very common at that age especially in these players situation. I'd love to have Rivers fall to us though.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Austin Rivers is kind of a different case though; he is the son of Doc Rivers. He has somebody to give him advice on fame and what he is going through. He has dealt with being the son of an NBA player and coach his entire life. I'm not saying he should be immature, I'm just saying it is very common at that age especially in these players situation. I'd love to have Rivers fall to us though.
He won't. It's a lot more likely that PJ3 falls.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #27
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He won't. It's a lot more likely that PJ3 falls.
...as well he should. Not a fan.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #28
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It also looks like the Mavs have the opportunity to draft Moultrie, or Harkless if they choose as well.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
mavs777
Diamond Member

Mavs will have lots of decent choices at 17, still want terrence jones the most.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #30
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Harkless, Moultrie or Marshall > Sullinger, PJ3 or trading pick.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #31
OneLove22

It's kind of exciting actually being able to look forward to the draft for once.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Sullinger sucks. Dont want any part of him. He has no burst or elevation and gets rejected regularly. Who will he guard? Not a fan of Terrance Jones either. Low b'ball IQ

If Perry Jones is there u have to take him. Too much talent
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Terrence Jones or bust.

My ass bleeds for DWill now.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #34
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Sullinger sucks. Dont want any part of him. He has no burst or elevation and gets rejected regularly. Who will he guard? Not a fan of Terrance Jones either. Low b'ball IQ

If Perry Jones is there u have to take him. Too much talent
Pretty stupid reasoning, people said the exact same thing about Love. Hilarious how you say you aren't a fan of Terrence Jones cause of his low bball IQ yet you want Perry Jones.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #35
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

If we move up, I hope to get Ross... Seems like the best SG in the draft. I like his video clips better than Beal or Lamb.
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pretty stupid reasoning, people said the exact same thing about Love. Hilarious how you say you aren't a fan of Terrence Jones cause of his low bball IQ yet you want Perry Jones.
It's true that Love faced many of the same questions that now plague Sullinger, but it's also true that Love was stronger, faster, a better shooter, a higher jumper, and was never red-flagged with any injury issues when he came out. To be fair, Sullinger's stroke is pretty sweet, I think he'll end up somewhere between a poor man's Kevin Love and rich man's Glen Davis.

I don't want Sullinger or Moultrie because I honestly believe that Brandan Wright is our future 4. Give me a wing player or Kendall Marshall please.
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

HueyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #37
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I want a guard or center, if there is a viable option (and, truth be told, the Mavs will have a much better evaluation of the centers than college tape or "analysts").

The one thing I don't want is to trade this pick away, unless it is to move up.

Last edited by saclare; 06-27-2012 at 11:23 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #38
HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbard View Post
If we move up, I hope to get Ross... Seems like the best SG in the draft. I like his video clips better than Beal or Lamb.
I prefer Lamb. He played in the much tougher conference, has a much better developed offensive game (coming off screens, floaters, etc.), and was the second best player on a championship team. If we trade up I hope it's for this guy.
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

HueyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #39
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its stupid reasoning to say that a post-up guy that cant get his shot off against Big Ten quality competition will struggle in the NBA? Are you really comparing Love and Sullinger? Sullinger ,when he goes to the rim, looks like a WNBA player. Slow, deliberate and no lift.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
And i didnt say "i want Perry Jones". I said if he's there u have to take him.
Id be more concerned about Perry Jones motor, not bball IQ. He just is on another level then Terrence Jones skill-wise that makes him worth the risk.
Perry Jones could be the next Lamar Odom or he could be the next Lamar Odom

Last edited by mac222b; 06-27-2012 at 11:38 AM.