Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I disagree completely. Coaches know that a three pointer is worth more than a two pointer. Pops has always shown how creative he is, only an idiot like Avery would take away such a weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm not sure what you disagree with, but you didn't refute anything chum said either. Nellie was one of the first (if not the first) guys to allow a seven footer to camp out on the perimeter and rain shots.

I don't know where you get the idea that Popovich (I assume this is "Pops," but I've never heard anybody call him that) is "creative." He's a damn, damn fine coach--possibly the best in the business. Surely a better coach than Nellie overall. But he's very by the book. For 15+ years he's had a team constructed of 5 guys who play their positions in an extremely traditional way. They do it incredibly well, but there's nothing "creative" about Duncan in the low block, Manu and Tony on elbow screens, spacing the floor with shooters, emphasis on corner threes, baseline funneling on defense, etc.

Chum's point was--Dirk's development absolutely had something to do with the untraditional way he was utilized, especially early in his career. If you have a rebuttal to that point, I'd love to hear it, but I don't think it exists.
I would also point out that being smart enough to not take away the weapon is NOT the same thing as having the vision to nurture and embrace the weapon to begin with.

I strongly dislike a great many things about Nellie and the way he goes about his business, but you can't discount the impact he had in shaping Dirk's career and allowing him to thrive as such an unconventional player. Dirk himself has spoke many times about how fortunate he was to have a coach open minded enough to figure out how to best use Dirk's talents, rather than forcing him to conform to the traditional standard of the NBA PF.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #122
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um, Durant is not a seven footer. He's not even close to a seven footer. This has absolutely nothing to do with chum's point. You know who else shoots more threes than Dirk? Ray Allen. That's as relevant as what you just said.
Many NBA analysts and play by play guys have taken to saying that Durant is "practically 7 feet tall" when gushing about him.

Drives me insane. And I love the guy. But he has enough crazy aspects to his play and his story that are awesome. Can we not try and force in another that just doesn't apply?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #123
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I strongly dislike a great many things about Nellie and the way he goes about his business, but you can't discount the impact he had in shaping Dirk's career and allowing him to thrive as such an unconventional player. Dirk himself has spoke many times about how fortunate he was to have a coach open minded enough to figure out how to best use Dirk's talents, rather than forcing him to conform to the traditional standard of the NBA PF.
Agree on all counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Many NBA analysts and play by play guys have taken to saying that Durant is "practically 7 feet tall" when gushing about him.

Drives me insane. And I love the guy. But he has enough crazy aspects to his play and his story that are awesome. Can we not try and force in another that just doesn't apply?
It's funny, there's a bit of an illusion with his height, I think, because he's so skinny. He looked even taller in college I thought, when he was 15-20 lbs lighter.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-16-2012 at 05:56 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #124
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Um, Durant is not a seven footer. He's not even close to a seven footer. This has absolutely nothing to do with chum's point. You know who else shoots more threes than Dirk? Ray Allen. That's as relevant as what you just said.
1st of all young Dirk was not a seven footer either. And 2ndly there were already big guys who shot from outside (Horry, Perkins and co...).

Saying that Nellie gave Dirk as much freedom as Durant (gets from Brooks)...or young Kobe got from Phil Jackson, is simply not true.

Durant gets the "face of the NBA" treatment from his coach, refs and the media. Dirk on the other hand was a "German talent" for too many yrs, nothing more nothing less. And that sucks, because Dirk turned out to be a HOF. He deserved a "bigger role" from the beginning...

Last edited by markus1234; 06-16-2012 at 06:57 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #125
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
1st of all young Dirk was not a seven footer either.
Huh, did i miss somehing?

Last edited by Kante; 06-16-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #126
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Here's proof - look how he's barely taller than the net:

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #127
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1st of all young Dirk was not a seven footer either.
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Unfortunately, you did not.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #128
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1st of all young Dirk was not a seven footer
I stopped reading after this.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #129
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Guys you make me sad. You do not know Dirk.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #130
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guys you make me sad. You do not know Dirk.
What did you mean, about his height? I know he has filled out a lot since he got here, but I didn't know that he grew any taller.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #131
markus1234
Platinum Member

Yes he did.

he was a ~6.10 in Germany

http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/1...s/nowitzki.htm

then ~6.11 when he came to the NBA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas.../si/power.html

7ft...(around ~99/2001)

Last edited by markus1234; 06-16-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #132
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie was certainly very creative offensively. And yes dirk has been very complimentary of him, and Avery and everyone really except for diva wade. But I don't see that anyone would have taken away dirks outside shooting or forced him to battle on the blocks instead of playing him like a three. Dirk is... He just is.. He's a freak, we have never seen anything like him before, durant appears to be the closest that I've seen.

Unless the coach were a complete idiot no one was going to force him to play like a power player IMO. I don't think there are many idiots in the nba, college..high school..yes, but nba, nah. Avery is the closest I've seen.

Dirk obviously paved the way for players coming up to play more outside but so did Europe in general.

Edit: I thought durant was closer to seven feet as well. Nba.com has him as 6'9"
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-16-2012 at 07:54 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #133
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yes he did.

he was a ~6.10 in Germany

http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/1...s/nowitzki.htm

then ~6.11 when he came to the NBA

7ft...(around ~99/2001)
Man, you are straining hard. Yikes.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #134
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Nellie was certainly very creative offensively. And yes dirk has been very complimentary of him, and Avery and everyone really except for diva wade. But I don't see that anyone would have taken away dirks outside shooting or forced him to battle on the blocks instead of playing him like a three. Dirk is... He just is.. He's a freak, we have never seen anything like him before, durant appears to be the closest that I've seen.

Unless the coach were a complete idiot no one was going to force him to play like a power player IMO. I don't think there are many idiots in the nba, college..high school..yes, but nba, nah. Avery is the closest I've seen.

Dirk obviously paved the way for players coming up to play more outside but so did Europe in general.

Edit: I thought durant was closer to seven feet as well. Nba.com has him as 6'9"
This is just pretty shortsighted, dude. You're essentially saying that Dirk was destined to develop the way he developed. That's ridiculous. Dirk is incredibly talented and his work ethic is unmatched, but you're absolutely fooling yourself if you don't think he could have potentially turned out a lot worse--or maybe just a lot different--with a different coach in his younger days. Like anyone else in any job, Dirk's a product of a lot more than just his talent and hard work. Circumstances matter a ton.

Frankly, the whole exercise is just useless.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #135
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Fighting so hard to be right...on the internet.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #136
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Like anyone else in any job, Dirk's a product of a lot more than just his talent and hard work.
Yes,

Quote:
Circumstances matter a ton.
and they weren't as good as Durant's.

That's what the whole debate is about.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #137
LonghornDub

Quote:
and they weren't as good as Durant's.
You're welcome to think that, but you have yet to come anywhere close to backing it up.

Quote:
That's what the whole debate is about.
This whole debate is about you being emo about something Dirk himself said.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #138
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie gave Dirk the freedom to be play his game. I'm not sure other coaches would have allowed Dirk to play his style of game. And back then his style was face up, at the 3 point line, and shoot the rock if open or dribble drive if not. He later turned into the high post machine he is today (and that was not Avery per se because Dirk was doing that stuff before Avery got there in the 2002-2003 season).

But Nellie also wanted Dirk to remain "small." Nellie never pushed Dirk to be the number 1 guy. He never really pushed Dirk to be the Alpha Male on the team. He never really insisted that Dirk expand his game on offense: posts ups/passing/etc... And Nellie also made excuses for Dirk as well. The only reason the term "Irk" exists is because Nellie planted that seed in the minds of the media. And once that seed is planted, no matter how you become they never change their mind......

So the bottom line is Nellie was great for Dirk through his first two years. But by 2000-2001, Dirk needed a coach that would have demanded that he do more and also given him the keys to the franchise. (The only reason Nellie gave Dirk the keys was because Nash left.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #139
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
So the bottom line is Nellie was great for Dirk through his first two years. But by 2000-2001, Dirk needed a coach that would have demanded that he do more and also given him the keys to the franchise. (The only reason Nellie gave Dirk the keys was because Nash left.)
Finley was still a premium player at that time. And I think we all know that the "absolute" ideal place for Dirk is for him to be the second-best player on the team.

Nellie was no fool.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #140
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is just pretty shortsighted, dude. You're essentially saying that Dirk was destined to develop the way he developed. That's ridiculous. Dirk is incredibly talented and his work ethic is unmatched, but you're absolutely fooling yourself if you don't think he could have potentially turned out a lot worse--or maybe just a lot different--with a different coach in his younger days. Like anyone else in any job, Dirk's a product of a lot more than just his talent and hard work. Circumstances matter a ton.

Frankly, the whole exercise is just useless.
Most of what we yack about around here is useless. . But I enjoy it nonetheless. Sure he could have turned out a lot worse but I just do not give Nellie as much credit as others. I'm not a big Nellie fan in general anyway, never have been.

Dirk was a three point shooting, ball handling, skinny jump shooting 7 footer. No one had ever seen anything like him then or since actually. His skill set would have dictated how he played. It is possible that some moron could have planted him on the low blocks and watched him get the hell beat out of him, but I'm giving nba coaches more credit than that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-17-2012 at 12:25 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #141
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It is possible that some moron could have planted him on the low blocks and watched him get the hell beat out of him, but I'm giving nba coaches more credit than that.
The's the reason nobody wanted him in the first place.

Last edited by chumdawg; 06-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #142
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can remember Dirk being referred to as 6'11 earlier in his career. I have no idea whether or not he grew an inch, but I definitely remember him being listed as 6'11 alot of places when he was younger. Actually, you can still find some sites rather easily that list Dirk as 6'11.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-16-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #143
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

How many championships did the team win with Don Nelson? Feel free to compare and contrast with other Mavericks coaches in your answer.
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #144
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle View Post
How many championships did the team win with Don Nelson? Feel free to compare and contrast with other Mavericks coaches in your answer.
I would say one versus zero, in a metaphorical kind of sense.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #145
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Sorry, just finished my dinner. I would definitely say Nelson 1 Others 0. Pretty clear.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #146
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Chum, you are hilarious. Markus, you're not a bad guy, but you're really, really inconsistent with your posts. And of course nobody forgot that you wrote Dirk was done a couple months ago. Whether you like it or not, that's a big disadvantage to overcome. That's really a tough place as far as internet forums go, you can't slip up.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #147
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

"At best, he's the next: Keith Van Horn." This just made me laugh hard!!
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #148
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh snap.

Props to Markus for providing that surprising evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Just for fun:

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

vs.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Bizarro Chandler (from an alternate universe where he passed his physical with OKC)
Dirk every time.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 06-17-2012 at 11:27 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #149
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbibi View Post

Turrible, turrible, turrible.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #150
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
you're really, really inconsistent with your posts. And of course nobody forgot that you wrote Dirk was done a couple months ago.
I probably should have introduced myself (as the biggest DB.com Dirk homer in the universe) before posting such tongue-in-cheek stuff in a game thread.

Last edited by markus1234; 06-17-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #151
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nowitzki's coach says, "Here comes the Porsche."

Greatness.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #152
LonghornDub

Quote:
I probably should have introduced myself (as the biggest DB.com Dirk homer in the universe) before posting such tongue-in-cheek stuff in a game thread.
Tongue in cheek? Come on, man. You're not fooling anybody here with that. Your refusal to own up to it is even weaker than the actual post(s).

Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #153
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Tongue in cheek? Come on, man. You're not fooling anybody here with that. Your refusal to own up to it is even weaker than the actual post(s).
Yes, after Dirk missed 5 consecutive shots during that game i was absolutely serious about him being done.

I hope, you are a happy man now.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #154
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yes, after Dirk missed 5 consecutive shots during that game i was absolutely serious about him being done.

....yeah, you're not a clown at all.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #155
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And this lists him at 6'11.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #156
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's unfortunate.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #157
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I fear that like Dirk, Durant is about to succumb to inexperience and suffer an unfortunate loss to a lesser team in his first trip to the finals.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #158
SportsFan93

SportsFan93 is on a distinguished road

Praise is earned, but Dirk is humble.
SportsFan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #159
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Anyone still taking Durant over Lebron?

Last edited by mavs777; 06-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #160
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

I grew a couple of inches between 19-22. Why are people in such denial this is a possibility? This happens with most tall-ish people. Hell, John Wall grew between 1" and 2" over last summer.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
look at me i'm important, markus123no, overcat, underpants