Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

you named USC's offensive players, can you give me a player on the defensive side of the ball?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

How can you be unimpressed every time you see UT play??? Have you only watched 1 or 2 games? BTW, Mcgee is a running qb. They are much harder to defend than running rbs. USC will get some yards and probably score at least 24-28 but they HAVE to score at least 49 to win. Texas is the best offense they have seen despite Holts moronic comments that ND has a better O. White scares me the most in this game. They have more problems with power backs than speed backs and white is a great power back. Do you see USC running alot of option because thats what gave UT problems????
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:09 PM   #43
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I hear white is injured with some type of shoulder ailment?

Contact Me
Old 11-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I would think he would be back by the bowl games.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM   #45
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
How can you be unimpressed every time you see UT play??? Have you only watched 1 or 2 games? BTW, Mcgee is a running qb. They are much harder to defend than running rbs. USC will get some yards and probably score at least 24-28 but they HAVE to score at least 49 to win. Texas is the best offense they have seen despite Holts moronic comments that ND has a better O. White scares me the most in this game. They have more problems with power backs than speed backs and white is a great power back. Do you see USC running alot of option because thats what gave UT problems????
McGee was the 4th rate PRO-STYLE QB coming out of high school in 2004. UT's defense did a great job of making him LOOK like a running QB.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #46
alby
Guru

if we are talking about defense, let's not even argue about who has the better one between the Longhorns and the Trojans...

Contact Me
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #47
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Okay, based on stats alone...UT's got a better defense. Talent wise, it's a wash. Coaching edge goes to USC.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

UT has a better D than USC and its not debatable. They ran the option ALOT. UT hasnt really seen much Option this year and if you arent used to it it is hard to defend. Usc wont run the option much. This was UTs let down game. USC has had several close games.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #49
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am ready to make a prediction. I realize it's a bold prediction, however.....

come January 5th, someone is going to be enjoying Crow. Don't fret it though, I hear that Crow is low in Carbs!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #50
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Okay, based on stats alone...UT's got a better defense. Talent wise, it's a wash. Coaching edge goes to USC.
are we talking about the defense of 2005 USC or 2003 USC...?

Contact Me
Old 11-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #51
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Matt Jones called... He said let the Texas comeback over Arkansas go!
Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 AM   #52
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

You have the nerve to bring up the Arkansas/UT matchup? The game where, in RECENT history, Arkansas has OWNED Texas? What's more embarassing...LOSING to an overwhelming favorite at home by 2 points? Or losing your LONG home winning streak to an unranked team that was supposed to lose by 2 TD's?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:30 AM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

Ocelot that game shows exactly why UT is so dangerous to USC. Texas is much much much closer to USC in total talent than that Arkansas team was to UT. That shows what an incredibly athletic qb can do to a defense that has problems tackling. VY is MUCH better than Jones was. UT is incredibly dangerous to USC especially if USC goes in as a big favorite. I wouldnt be shocked to see UT shadow bush with Huff. Huff would be one of the very few safeties who is as fast as bush. I dont think they can shut him down but they can contain him. Im more worried about Bush the return guy than any other aspect of his game. Remember the OSU game? I know it was early and all but the ut coverage teams were horrible in that game. That was the last great return team they faced. Dont underestimate Leinart either. The guy is a stud. People take him for granted. I still think UT will win but it will be a great game. I cant wait.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:20 AM   #54
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have the nerve to bring up the Arkansas/UT matchup? The game where, in RECENT history, Arkansas has OWNED Texas? What's more embarassing...LOSING to an overwhelming favorite at home by 2 points? Or losing your LONG home winning streak to an unranked team that was supposed to lose by 2 TD's?
Don't kill the messenger!