Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-05-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Terrell Owens is a cancer!

By Jamison Hensley
(c) 2004, The Baltimore Sun
If Terrell Owens has his way, the mercurial Pro Bowl receiver will never play for the Ravens.
A day after he was traded from the San Francisco 49ers for a second-round pick, Owens wrote on his Web site, “I’m a Raven for now, but not for long,” and reiterated his desire to play for the Philadelphia Eagles on Fox Sports’ Best Damn Sports Show Period.
The Ravens, meanwhile, remain firm on keeping Owens despite his repeated protests and attributed his troubling remarks as a tactic to renegotiate his current contract. Team officials are still looking to bring Owens to Baltimore next week for a physical, which is the final step in completing what many believe is the biggest trade in the Ravens’ nine-year history.
But according to Owens, 30, a player known for his over-the-top antics and no-holds-barred sound bites, this trade will only result in controversy -- and not him suiting up for the Ravens.
“Right now, Terrell Owens is kind of unemployed at the moment,” Owens said in a television interview Friday. “I don’t have anything bad to say about Baltimore. And Baltimore was definitely one of my choices, but they weren’t high on the list. My priority was trying to get to the Eagles.”
Owens, however, still ranks high on the Ravens’ list. The four-time Pro Bowl performer is the big-play receiver that the Ravens have desperately wanted since Coach Brian Billick arrived six seasons ago.
When told of Owens’ comments, Ravens officials implied that they -- and not Owens -- have all the leverage in this situation since they control his rights under NFL rules.
“Terrell Owens has a valid and binding contract with the Baltimore Ravens,” Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome said. “This is not the first time I’ve heard of a player being disgruntled. Ray Lewis was disgruntled before he got his new deal. A disgruntled football player is nothing new to me. It’s part of the business.”
Asked if the Ravens had any intentions of trading Owens, Newsome said, “No. Right now, I want Terrell Owens to be playing for us opening day.”
Owens’ main point of contention is not having the freedom to choose where he could play.
He was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason but missed a deadline last month to void the final three seasons of his current deal. As a result, the 49ers could trade their disgruntled receiver.
According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles had reached a long-term, multimillion dollar agreement with Owens, only to see the 49ers finalize a trade with the Ravens instead.
The Ravens offered a second-round pick, while Philadelphia was only willing to deal a fifth-rounder and a receiver (either James Thrash or Billy McMullen). 49ers General Manager Terry Donahue said of the decision to go with the Ravens, “Far and away, this was the best opportunity we had, and we jumped at it.”
Owens said he believes the 49ers made the deal with the Ravens out of spite because the sides have had a tumultuous relationship.
“I’m just as shocked as everyone else,” Owens said. “We were on the cusp of having something worked out with the Eagles and then the unfortunate happened within a matter of minutes.
”I want to go where I feel comfortable and where I can be happy. I don’t want to go anywhere where someone just trades me off to. I feel like I’m entitled as a free agent to have my choice. Obviously I want to get paid, but at the same time, I want to get happy, too.“
Owens’ agent, David Joseph, has reportedly told league officials that Owens plans to file a grievance against the 49ers.

(Begin optional trim)

Spokesmen for the NFL and the NFL Players Association said no such action has taken place. An NFLPA spokesman said in an e-mail, ”Once his agent failed to submit the proper paperwork in by the deadline of Feb. 21, Terrell Owens forfeited his right to become a free agent and became the property of the 49ers.“
Eagles President Joe Banner said the team will not pursue any action with the league.
The Ravens, who could force Owens to play out the remaining three years of his deal (which would pay him a total of $17.7 million), have been trying to work out a new contract since the trade to avoid difficulties.
If the sides fail to reach a new agreement, Owens has two choices: He can either play under his current deal or hold out. Ravens officials confirmed that Owens’ contract doesn’t allow him to void any of the final three years of his deal.

Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Terrell Owens is a cancer!

First Terrell Owens is a 49er.......

Then he's an Eagle........

Then he's a Raven........

Now he's a Cancer.........Damn this guy just cant stop moving this offseason.

I wonder how long he will be a Cancer for?

The clock is ticking on the next big TO trade............I hear the Sagittarius, Aries, and Leos might be interested in him this time.....
Old 11-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

T.O. Apologizes to Eagles for Latest Flap

By ROB MAADDI
AP Sports Writer

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens is causing more trouble with his mouth than his hands - again. Owens apologized to the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, one day after blasting the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.

"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said in a prepared statement. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

Shortly before Owens' apology, coach Andy Reid didn't rule out suspending the All-Pro wideout following his latest comments, which included more criticism of quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I take care of those things in-house," Reid said. "I obviously will address the player and those people I need to talk to and work this thing out."

It's unlikely Owens would be suspended now that he's apologized. However, it's still a possibility. In 2003, Tampa Bay declared wideout Keyshawn Johnson inactive for the final six games and sent him home because of differences with coach Jon Gruden.

Owens said in his weekly radio show on Miami's 790 AM Friday night that he expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

"If I am, I am," Owens said of being suspended. "That would hurt the team."

In an interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens took shots at the team and McNabb. He made his 100th career TD reception in a victory over San Diego on Oct. 23, but the accomplishment was not acknowledged on the video screen. An announcement was made in the press box.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens also said the Eagles (4-3) would be undefeated with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries," Owens said of Favre. "I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens said on his radio show he merely was agreeing with the opinion of Michael Irvin, the former Dallas wideout and current ESPN broadcaster.

"This is one I really regret," Owens said of the interview, adding that some clips were taken out of context. "I said earlier in the interview that we would have a better record if Donovan wasn't injured."

Owens previously said on his radio show that he'd prefer to play with Indianapolis' Peyton Manning over McNabb or any quarterback. Last year, Owens couldn't stop praising McNabb after joining the Eagles following eight controversial seasons in San Francisco.

But their relationship soured after Owens took a verbal swipe at McNabb's performance in Philadelphia's loss to New England in the Super Bowl. McNabb responded harshly and the two feuded throughout the summer, not speaking to each other for a prolonged period.

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowl quarterback who has led the Eagles to four consecutive NFC championship games, has played through several injuries this season, including a sports hernia that will require surgery. He has thrown for 2,034 yards, 15 TDs and seven interceptions while going through some tough stretches.

Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs. He's been upset with the Eagles since management refused to redo his contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Owens is one of the best players at his position. With him, the Eagles were dominant last year, going 13-1 in the regular season and winning five of those games by 21 points or more. They've struggled this season partly because McNabb is injured, the offense is inconsistent and the defense is playing poorly.

Owens' talent often is overshadowed by the turmoil he's caused since a defied his doctor's advice and played against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, catching nine passes for 122 yards just 6 1/2 weeks after having ankle surgery.

Owens has ranted about being underpaid, and turned a contract issue into a personal grudge against the organization. He earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with Reid, which led to a bizarre workout on his lawn in front of neighbors and reporters.

Owens kept a low profile after returning to the team, and even managed to mend his relationship with McNabb. He doesn't speak regularly to local reporters, but has found ways to diss McNabb and management in his radio show or whenever he grants an interview.

The soap-opera atmosphere Owens has created certainly has been a distraction to the Eagles, even though players and coaches insist they're used to it.

"You don't let it be a distraction," Reid said. "That is not what you do. There are going to be things that happen and you don't focus on those things. You focus on getting the football team ready to play and you handle the other things up front the way we do it."

Defensive end Sam Rayburn shrugged off Owens' latest remarks.

"It's just T.O. being T.O. It's just him talking," Rayburn said.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default RE: Terrell Owens is a cancer!

TO is suspended!
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe they suspended him...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish they could prevent him from ever playing the game again. What an asshole.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

His teammates should be able to take care of this in-house. If not, trade the mofo. The Eagles are far too good an organization to have to deal with that bullshit. Kudos to them for suspending his sorry star-stepping-on ass.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:08 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it really a shame though... What an unbelievable combination of hands, speed, and strength and he wastes it with his mouth... It truly is a sad situation for Philly, (though I am glad it is happening to them - sorry ass Irvin-booing fans too), and if I were them I would just cut him. His trade value could only be beneficial next year to a team like Oakland the way he acts and they have plenty of good receivers.

I really can't think of a single football player who I have disliked more than him in my entire life... Maybe Norton Jr. AFTER he left Dallas for S.F., but I doubt it...
Old 11-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like TO. I know thats not popular but he is a beast and I hadnt disagreed with anything he said until this most recent thing. His contract dispute was right. He was crucified for holding out but thats the way the NFL works now. If you havea good year you renegotiate. Just the way the nfl works whether the Eagles want to admit it or not. I dont blame him for wanting his 100th td celebrated but the way he said it was wrong. I dont think they are undefeated with Favre mainly because I dont think he is that good at this point in time and I dont think he can play defense which has sucked for philly this year but the reason they said that is because hes not injured. With a healthy mcnabb they have a better record. It amazes me how much people dislike TO but idolize Ray Lewis. If one of them needs to not be allowed to play football its Lewis. Or Jammal Lewis. There are a bunch of other examples. I just dont think that dancing and talking are worse than commiting off the field CRIMES. TO has never been accused of anything off the field. All that said I hate the eagles and their shitty fans so any thing that hurts them without having someone actually get hurt doesnt bother me.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

How in the hell was he right about his contract dispute? How was he right with taking shots at Jerry Rice and Jeff Garcia? How was he right pissing and moaning his way out of Baltimore?

It's difficult to have respect for someone that in general falls on the side of TO considering what all this guy has done...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard that he won't play for the Iggles again this year! The division is ours for the taking. Need to beat the Giants...
Old 11-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

How was he right about his contract dispute? He is worth more than 3 mil and he wanted to rework it. I know the argument of you have a contract play to that contract but that is BS. As long as the team can cut you then you should try to get what you can. I guarantee you if the Eagles had agreed to pay all of his remaining contract he would have taken it. The fact remains he was their best player. Yes he is better than Mcnabb. The reason they are losing this year is that their coach is arrogant as hell and thinks that he can remake the way the NFL game is played and that you dont need to run the ball. That and the fact that their D has been TERRIBLE this year. My point was that he is made out to be the worst guy in the nfl while people like the lewises are made out to be these great guys who should be idolized. The lewises are both much worse guys then TO. Does TO handle everything well? Not really anything well but that doesnt change the fact that he is a great player. He is the best receiver in the nfl. If the eagles end up better than 8-8 I will be shocked. Since he is getting "Keyshawned" you think we could get him?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no excuse. Do you not remember the huge signing bonus he got before last year? I'm sorry, but you don't just ignore the signing bonus and act as if all he's getting paid to play this year is 3 million.

Pathetic...absolutely pathetic.

And regardless of whether or not you think in a manner that is illogical enough to do that, he did JUST sign the contract before last season.

Absolutely pathetic.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If you think Terrell Owens is a better player than McNabb, then your opinion on the rest of the matter is moot.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Owens is the best player in the league at his position. Mcnabb? Nope 3rd best at BEST. Yes he got a signing bonus last year. Including the signing bonus pro rating he isnt one of the top 10 highest paid receivers this year. You really want to argue if he isnt top 10? The eagles signed the contract too and they wont honor it. If he had been a model citizen they wouldnt have honored it. He was completely wrong in this last dispute but the horribleness of TO is vastly overblown. We shall see. If the Eagles go 8-8 or worse Im right. If the eagles go 9-7 or better yall are right. BTW Murph I agree about him being WAY wrong in the Garcia debate.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If I started a football team today, he would be my first reciever picked.

Contact Me
Old 11-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #17
alby
Guru

T.O. and the Eagles organization are both at fault. When the organization started separating a player from the team (began late last year), there shouldn't be any surprise a player like Owens would react in this manner. The media makes it out to be as if Owens is the enemy here, but in reality both parties should be blamed IMO and actually.. both parties are paying for it now. Who cares, screw the Eagles anyways.

Contact Me
Old 11-07-2005, 07:03 PM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, first of all, Five-O made my point for me. The best receiver is NEVER a better player than the 3rd best QB. Never. The Eagles were good before T.O. got there, and will be good after he leaves (although they may be cooked this year). McNabb MAKES that team go, not TO.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Mcnabb is at best the 3rd best qb. I could argue several other people ahead of him. Mcnabb has had one great year. Several good years. I was trying to be generous with the 3rd best qb. Mcnabb was the most overrated QB in the league before TO got there. They won because of their D before TO got there. He will revert back to his overrated self now much the same way culpepper sucked after moss left. Just wait.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So before TO got there, they were good because of their D. Now that TO is there they are good because of him,and will suck when he leaves...

That makes no sense. If anything, the Culpepper situation this year shows JUST HOW GREAT McNabb has been for YEARS now! He did an amazing job with VERY average receivers for years before TO got there.

Don't buy into the crap Rush and a few others were throwing out there, McNabb is a legitimate superstar quarterback in this league.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

I suppose you think vick is a superstar too. Look at their D this year. It SUCKS. He wasnt great with those average receivers. He was good not great.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

No, Vick is not in McNabb's league. Although, results alone show Vick's effect on that team. They were awful last year without, and with him this year they're back to where they were two years ago.

There are more to players than just stats. You probably think Manning is the best QB in football.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Yep
Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, then we see the root of the problem. Because anyone that doesn't consider Tom Brady the best QB in football just isn't thinking straight.

These are the same people that did not recognize Aikman for the quarterback he was because others had better stats.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

It doesn't matter whether or not he's the best WR or second best WR in football. He was in the wrong. Anyone that believes otherwise is foolish.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:25 PM   #26
Five-ofan
Guru

He was in the wrong on this occassion I completely agree. That said I think that if the eagles had handled it better this situation never comes about. Yes he could have handled it better too. I did see aikman as the best qb but that was a different situation. Aikman was the most accurate passer in nfl history. His stats not being better was a product of less attempts due to the best rb in the league being on his team. Brady's stats being less than Mannings arent the same. Brady has historically beaten Peyton because his team has a better D. The colts WILL win the super bowl this year. That coupled with mannings stats makes him the best in the nfl. He is proving this year than he can be in the aikman mold and only throw when he has to and win. He has also proven that he can be marino and throw it 40 times a game to win. I love Tom Brady and honestly I see them as 1 and 1a but switch manning and brady and the pats till have 3 rings while the colts have won less games. Stats arent everything. I completely agree and Vick specifically probably has the biggest differential between stats and impact because of his legs and teams having to plan for that. However he is talked up to be an MVP type guy and I dont feel that he is anywhere near that. He is a top 10 qb.

As to TO being not as good because he is a receiver that has nothing to do with how good he is. Mcnabb is more valuable. Qb is a much more valuable position. I understand that. Being more valuable doesnt make you better. If this was an mvp of the eagles discussion no problem its mcnabb all the way and westbrook would actually be close to TO as well. I just said that he was BETTER which he is.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:54 AM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Don't mean to take the thread further off track, but yes, Manning IS the best QB in football IMO. If I were starting a team, I'd take him over Brady, and it's not even that close.

That being said... TO is a phenominal player, but he is an ASS! He may be a better athlete than McNabb, but McNabb is the dude that drives that team, and has been for years. As McNabb goes, the Eagles go... It really reminds me of the Kobe/Shaq soap opera only to a smaller extent. Kobe might very well be the all-around best player in the NBA, but Shaq was the force that made them a dynasty. Great as Kobe was, they could've won titles without him; they couldn't have done it without Shaq. Not comparing McNabb to Shaq by any means, but rather the sheer importance of the QB position. McNabb's the captain of the team for years, and in comes TO shooting his big, fat, stupid mouth off... Puts up the numbers, but offends, embarrasses, and downright hurts the team and the organization in the process. He deserves to get thrown out on his ass, and the Philly fans deserve to see their team on the verge of winning the Superbowl, only to have it smashed to pieces the next season.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:17 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

I don't think Andy Reid is a very good head coach. Coordinator, yes. Head coach, no.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:23 AM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

From www.sportsbetting.com

Where will Terrell Owens Play his First Game of 2006 NFL Season
Dec 30, 2006 04:30 pm ET

Atlanta Falcons 12-1

Baltimore Ravens 30-1

Cincinnati Bengals 40-1

Dallas Cowboys 3-1

Denver Broncos 6-1

Green Bay Packers 20-1

Jacksonville Jaguars 20-1

Kansas City Chiefs 22-1

Miami Dolphins 25-1

New York Giants 50-1

New York Jets 25-1

Oakland Raiders 15-1

Philadelphia Eagles 20-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 50-1

San Diego Chargers 20-1

San Francisco 49ers 50-1

Seattle Seahawks 18-1

St Louis Rams 40-1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 15-1

Washington Redskins 22-1

xx Field (Any Other Team) 8-1

zz Does Not Play in NFL in 2006 10-1

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #30
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

We are the FAVORITES to get TO? Weird.

If we get Artest and TO both in Dallas would the sports talk ever stop?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
We are the FAVORITES to get TO? Weird.

If we get Artest and TO both in Dallas would the sports talk ever stop?

It would sure make for some great radio. Add Keyshawn into the mix and wow.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #32
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine the interview with Keyshawn and TO and Michael Irvin?

Maybe Randy Moss will be available as well this next offseason.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote